Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,540 members, 7,955,004 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 02:15 PM

Woman Born Without Arms Is Both A Black Belt And A Licensed Pilot - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Woman Born Without Arms Is Both A Black Belt And A Licensed Pilot (13732 Views)

Plane Crashes Caused By Pilot Error & Some Facts About Flying (Graphic Photos) / 5-Yr-Old He Yide Is The Youngest Pilot In The World / Teenage Girl Born Without A Nose Or Eyes Prepares For Surgery (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Woman Born Without Arms Is Both A Black Belt And A Licensed Pilot by egift(m): 5:17pm On Mar 06, 2013
Earning a black belt in the marital arts or being issued a pilot’s license are both substantial accomplishments that take years to achieve. But 30-year-old Jessica Cox has achieved both despite being born without arms.

Cox first rose to fame in 2008 when the Guinness World Records recognized her for becoming the first person without arms to fly an airplane.

And now, the Arizona native is the subject of a new documentary, “Rightfooted,” which Cox says she hopes will serve as an inspirational and teaching tool to disabled youth around the world.

“Had I watched a film similar to this one earlier in my life, I know it would have made a difference,” Cox says in a trailer for the film. The International Documentary Association is sponsoring the production of Rightfooted, which has already surpassed its $30,000 fundraising goal posted on the crowd-funding site Indiegogo.

“Jessica Cox has learned to do all of those things and much more — with her feet. Against all odds but with strong faith and the help of her family, she put herself through high school and then college, typing papers with her toes,” reads a summary of the film on the site. “She got her driver’s license and then astonishingly, her pilots license – a feat that landed her in the Guinness Book of World Records as the world’s only armless pilot.”

Cox says her current goal is to become a motivational speaker, particularly for other children born without arms. But she says she believes her message can reach millions of youths working to overcome a variety of disabilities.

As the next step in that quest, she has been invited by Handicap International to work with disable students in Ethiopia.

Source & Pictures: http://nairametro.com/woman-born-without-arms-is-both-a-black-belt-and-a-licensed-pilot/

2 Likes

Re: Woman Born Without Arms Is Both A Black Belt And A Licensed Pilot by egift(m): 6:45pm On Mar 06, 2013
You have no excuse not to succeed in this life.

12 Likes

Re: Woman Born Without Arms Is Both A Black Belt And A Licensed Pilot by egift(m): 6:48pm On Mar 06, 2013

3 Likes

Re: Woman Born Without Arms Is Both A Black Belt And A Licensed Pilot by omaigala(m): 6:58pm On Mar 06, 2013
If say you can do it or cannot do it, either ways, you are right.

3 Likes

Re: Woman Born Without Arms Is Both A Black Belt And A Licensed Pilot by Nobody: 7:19pm On Mar 06, 2013
Sho le she? lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Woman Born Without Arms Is Both A Black Belt And A Licensed Pilot by anicho(m): 8:36pm On Mar 06, 2013
That's true & real SELF-BELIEF....everybody needs it to survive.
Re: Woman Born Without Arms Is Both A Black Belt And A Licensed Pilot by redsun(m): 10:23pm On Mar 06, 2013
There is always a way where there seems to be no way.All you need to do is find it.
Re: Woman Born Without Arms Is Both A Black Belt And A Licensed Pilot by MEILYN(m): 3:20pm On Mar 07, 2013
.Jesus wow unbelievable dis is indeed a motivation to disabled ppl both Armless Nd Crippled.......But Which Nigerian Person Go Allow Armless Person Fly Am On Plane? Even If Na She Be The Best Pilot 4 D Whole World............Naija?

1 Like

Re: Woman Born Without Arms Is Both A Black Belt And A Licensed Pilot by huninaija(f): 3:21pm On Mar 07, 2013
This right here is a true inspiration, very beautiful lady.. I am inspired to work even harder! kiss
Re: Woman Born Without Arms Is Both A Black Belt And A Licensed Pilot by lefolksy(f): 3:27pm On Mar 07, 2013
What a gracious God we've,dear pals all of us jst like her can do all things through christ dat strenghten us
Re: Woman Born Without Arms Is Both A Black Belt And A Licensed Pilot by Nobody: 3:34pm On Mar 07, 2013
IT WAS NOT BY HER POWER. GOD IS INDEED AWESOME!

1 Like

Re: Woman Born Without Arms Is Both A Black Belt And A Licensed Pilot by SlyIg(f): 3:34pm On Mar 07, 2013
With my two arms, i can't even ride a bicycle not to talk of ... God is Great!

3 Likes

Re: Woman Born Without Arms Is Both A Black Belt And A Licensed Pilot by Annie2gud(f): 3:38pm On Mar 07, 2013
Wonserful kai,there is ability in dis-ability...1st to comment.
Re: Woman Born Without Arms Is Both A Black Belt And A Licensed Pilot by Nobody: 3:38pm On Mar 07, 2013
The most important is that she still needs a man in her life to keep her alive "zezually". cheesy grin
Re: Woman Born Without Arms Is Both A Black Belt And A Licensed Pilot by patholaw: 3:40pm On Mar 07, 2013
its like her legs practically does everything for her....
Re: Woman Born Without Arms Is Both A Black Belt And A Licensed Pilot by Murffizzy(m): 3:40pm On Mar 07, 2013
Its great she made it
Re: Woman Born Without Arms Is Both A Black Belt And A Licensed Pilot by agohavivi(f): 3:41pm On Mar 07, 2013
How come we have so many street beggars with both hands, feet, eyes and brain intact? Lazy beggars.

1 Like

Re: Woman Born Without Arms Is Both A Black Belt And A Licensed Pilot by KINGwax(m): 3:42pm On Mar 07, 2013
Dt's her problem jare
Re: Woman Born Without Arms Is Both A Black Belt And A Licensed Pilot by Sweetapple007(f): 3:42pm On Mar 07, 2013
Congratulation can i see her pic.
Re: Woman Born Without Arms Is Both A Black Belt And A Licensed Pilot by TableLeg(m): 3:42pm On Mar 07, 2013
Impressive .....
Re: Woman Born Without Arms Is Both A Black Belt And A Licensed Pilot by Dygeasy(m): 3:45pm On Mar 07, 2013
Awesome!!

All of you guys with small d.|.cks who think its the end of the world, forget o, you could work magic with that small thing.

1 Like

Re: Woman Born Without Arms Is Both A Black Belt And A Licensed Pilot by Wsdm: 3:45pm On Mar 07, 2013
This is not too surprising. Anybody who become great in Nigeria independently with all the harsh policies around is also due to be mentioned in the Guinness book. When there is enabling environment for growth people will grow. Anyway, she is great.

2 Likes

Re: Woman Born Without Arms Is Both A Black Belt And A Licensed Pilot by Dygeasy(m): 3:46pm On Mar 07, 2013
Sweetapple007: Congratulation can i see her pic.
ode are you blind or you turned off images to save your megabytes? Fashi!

1 Like

Re: Woman Born Without Arms Is Both A Black Belt And A Licensed Pilot by Dygeasy(m): 3:48pm On Mar 07, 2013
patholaw: its like her legs practically does everything for her....
no o na her b.r.ea.stcheesycheesy
Re: Woman Born Without Arms Is Both A Black Belt And A Licensed Pilot by thaoriginator: 3:52pm On Mar 07, 2013
OP gi mi her number, me ah fi gwan giv her a call. Me wan make she ah fi backitupforme wink
Re: Woman Born Without Arms Is Both A Black Belt And A Licensed Pilot by OkikiOluwa1(m): 3:53pm On Mar 07, 2013
Oh Oh Okokobioko!
God is great.
I like people like dz woman. People who do not allow their disability to stop them from greatness.

1 Like

Re: Woman Born Without Arms Is Both A Black Belt And A Licensed Pilot by Nobody: 3:54pm On Mar 07, 2013
Dygeasy: ode are you blind or you turned off images to save your megabytes? Fashi!

Do you really have to insult people to make a point?

2 Likes

Re: Woman Born Without Arms Is Both A Black Belt And A Licensed Pilot by Dygeasy(m): 3:59pm On Mar 07, 2013
inurmind:

Do you really have to insult people to make a point?
its sweetapple man... S(he) posts like a dumbo at times.. Didn't you see the picture? tell me.. Why didn't you ask?

Some things/people are just really annoying
Re: Woman Born Without Arms Is Both A Black Belt And A Licensed Pilot by Nobody: 4:03pm On Mar 07, 2013
ALL THOSE ASHIES AND RUNS GIRLS WHO TRY TO JUSTIFY THEIR WHORING WAYS WITH 'ITS NOT EASY' ' NO ONE 2 TAKE CARE OF ME' ... HAUSA MAN TALK SAY THERE IS NO ORPHAN ONLY A LAZY MAN

2 Likes

Re: Woman Born Without Arms Is Both A Black Belt And A Licensed Pilot by megareal: 4:04pm On Mar 07, 2013
Would have said all those able bodied street beggars in Nigeria should learn from this, but unfortunately, they don't log on to nairaland.
Re: Woman Born Without Arms Is Both A Black Belt And A Licensed Pilot by Nobody: 4:08pm On Mar 07, 2013
Hmmmmmm.... Great lesson for us all. If an handicap, an imcomplete person, being armless precisely could accomplish this wonderfully, you that have all your own parts complete, what excuse have you got for not making it in life
Re: Woman Born Without Arms Is Both A Black Belt And A Licensed Pilot by pillzthadrugz(m): 4:11pm On Mar 07, 2013
Female pastor nick

(1) (2) (Reply)

Arab Man Spotted Using A "Rugged " Robot As A Bodyguard At A Mall (Photos) / 2013. Best New Inventions / How Do To Transfer Whatsapp Messages To Gbwhatsapp

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.