Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,939 members, 7,821,285 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:56 AM

World Class Players That Never Got The Honour They Deserved - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / World Class Players That Never Got The Honour They Deserved (767 Views)

The Early Days Of Today's World Class Players(pic) / Nigerian Players That Deserve Super Eagles Call-up / World Class Players Who Never Made It To The World Cup (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

World Class Players That Never Got The Honour They Deserved by emalekuo(m): 10:35am On Mar 07, 2013
I have two talented players in mind.

1. Mehmet Scholl: This is one player I really loved watching and was in the same class as the great Zidane but it didn't just go well for him basically because of injury,Scholl has been praised for his technical
ability, his creative playmaking, his dribbling
skills, and his free kicks. He is also regarded as the most talented german player never to participate in the world cup, though he played in two Euro tournaments 1996(winner) and 2000 and also won the champions league in 2001 with bayern and a loosing finalist with bayern in 1999. Not forgetting he he is a joint record holder of the most bundlesliga title won, 8 in number with Oliver Kahn. Another fact that may interest you is that he is also the most substituted bayern player in history in 468 matches he was subed out 149 times and subed in 147 times meaning he completed only 172 matches. He is currently the youth team coach of Bayern Munich.

2. Valeron: Often regarded as the zidane of spain. ValerĂ³n is known for his
technical abilities,
especially passing skills
and ball control. He also
had many injuries during
his professional career.
ValerĂ³n represented Spain
in one World Cup and two
European Championships,
gaining nearly 50 caps.
Before xavi and inesta there was valeron, I still remember his contribution when deportivo reversed a 4-1 goal deficit in the UEFA champions league by defeating AC Milan 4-0 in spain and was one of the brains in the successful Deportivo team in the early 2000's with the likes of Diego Tristan, Albert Luque, Roy Makaay, Naybet, Fran etc, I still enjoy watching him in La liga because there is a saying that CLASS IS PERMANENT.
Re: World Class Players That Never Got The Honour They Deserved by emalekuo(m): 10:47am On Mar 07, 2013
Feel free to add yours cos I know there are a lot more out there that really entertained us but didn't get the recognition they deserved.
Re: World Class Players That Never Got The Honour They Deserved by Chiefupper: 11:21am On Mar 07, 2013
Blv mi sincere,I respect J.J.OKOCHA too coz he has outstandin performance durin his tym but luck wz against him,most of d futbol tactics we av 2day were discovered by him
Re: World Class Players That Never Got The Honour They Deserved by emalekuo(m): 9:58pm On Mar 07, 2013
Chiefupper: Blv mi sincere,I respect J.J.OKOCHA too coz he has outstandin performance durin his tym but luck wz against him,most of d futbol tactics we av 2day were discovered by him

You right, even Ronaldihno once said he learnt a lot from him when they were both in PSG though I think Okocha had a smooth career just that he never joined an elite European club. Wished he joined a top club instead of Bolton.
Re: World Class Players That Never Got The Honour They Deserved by emalekuo(m): 9:55am On Sep 12, 2015
grin

(1) (Reply)

Neymar's New Look / Video: Cristiano Ronaldo's New Hot Photo From Miami Summer / Why And When Did You Become A Fan Of Your Football Club?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.