Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,745 members, 7,809,842 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:51 PM

Nigerian Players That Deserve Super Eagles Call-up - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigerian Players That Deserve Super Eagles Call-up (21376 Views)

Haruna Lukman Deserves Eagles Call Up / Top 10 Nigerian Players Of 2013 / Mikel Obi Starts For Chelsea But Turned Down Super Eagles Call (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Players That Deserve Super Eagles Call-up by MORNDEW(m): 11:28am On Oct 12, 2013
The present super Eagles squad impresses me alot, i must confess that i now watch their matches with high level of confidence. The present crop of players are also good but not all. I also knw that this is not the best time to change a winning team but i think some players are doin well in their clubside and deserve a call-up. Notable among them are:

Lukman haruna, Dele Adeleye, Obafemi Martins stil scores even in USA( to me he is better than Ameobi), Sonne Aluko and please forgive me Osaze Has started findin his form again.
What do u think, you can suggest some other names

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Players That Deserve Super Eagles Call-up by MrMac10(m): 11:42am On Oct 12, 2013
Joel obi, Ezeikel Imoh,apam onyekachi ,chuba akpom ,dele adeleye and so many others

7 Likes

Re: Nigerian Players That Deserve Super Eagles Call-up by michael3876(m): 11:54am On Oct 12, 2013
i will not be left out 2 comment. The nigeria coach(keshi). I wont say that he is not seein those guys but he want tested and trusted, the squad he used 2 left the AFCON was underated but they surprise us and him the coach believe in them, it will only take time 2 bring in new nd old boys into the squad 2 fit the pattarn nd pace of the present team.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Players That Deserve Super Eagles Call-up by Adrenaline123(m): 12:28pm On Oct 12, 2013
Danny shittu, i like the defence of that guy. Very huge defender, very hard to dribble and pass him by.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Players That Deserve Super Eagles Call-up by Jelo4kul(m): 1:38pm On Oct 12, 2013
And how does this affect thier Salary or my share from thier salary,,as far as am not gettin any share,,i go bak to bed,,,first page tins loadin shocked grin grin
Re: Nigerian Players That Deserve Super Eagles Call-up by gameboy727(m): 1:41pm On Oct 12, 2013
I think Anichebe should be called up too. His physicality would benefit the team.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Players That Deserve Super Eagles Call-up by rabonni(m): 1:42pm On Oct 12, 2013
how do topic even make front page or there re usernames that can make front page..... when u post important stuff the mod won't even look at it, grow up nairaland

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Players That Deserve Super Eagles Call-up by jaydacorsair: 1:43pm On Oct 12, 2013
michael3876: i will not be left out 2 comment. The nigeria coach(keshi). I wont say that he is not seein those guys but he want tested and trusted, the squad he used 2 left the AFCON was underated but they surprise us and him the coach believe in them, it will only take time 2 bring in new nd old boys into the squad 2 fit the pattarn nd pace of the present team.

Brother thanks so much... u really know football and God bless
Re: Nigerian Players That Deserve Super Eagles Call-up by safarigirl(f): 1:44pm On Oct 12, 2013
Joel Obi. Daz all, the Uche brothers would be nice too. Osaze is washed up abeg

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Players That Deserve Super Eagles Call-up by tobloj(m): 1:45pm On Oct 12, 2013
Danny shittu wat? I'd rather hire a lame man 2 do his job
Re: Nigerian Players That Deserve Super Eagles Call-up by Syenite(m): 1:50pm On Oct 12, 2013
Wash! all the players that deserve a call-up have been called up already, the rest are nt good enough for now. Not every player deserves a place in the national team.

All those clamouring for Lukman Haruna, do this comparison:
Mikel vs Haruna
Onazi vs Haruna
Ogu vs Haruna
Mba vs Haruna
Igiebor vs Haruna
Oduamadi vs Haruna

Is Haruna better than any of those Super mid-fielders?

All those clamouring for Chuba Apkom and Martins:
Emenike vs Akpom vs Martins
Moses vs Akpom vs Martins
Musa vs Akpom vs Martins
Nwofor vs Akpom vs Martins
Ameobi vs Akpom vs Martins
Ideye vs Akpom vs Martins

Is Akpom/Martins better than any of those super strikers?

For those clamouring for Osaze:
Emenike vs Osaze
Moses vs Osaze
Musa vs Osaze

See y Osaze is nt being considered for now?

For those clamouring for Adeleye;
Omeruo vs Adeleye
Eguekwe vs Adeleye

U are the judge.

26 Likes

Re: Nigerian Players That Deserve Super Eagles Call-up by Rawpidgin(m): 1:50pm On Oct 12, 2013
if they've to call any other players it should be:
sone aluko & peter odemwengie
but why fix it when its not broken?

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Players That Deserve Super Eagles Call-up by Sllowppoisoon: 1:52pm On Oct 12, 2013
BRB
Re: Nigerian Players That Deserve Super Eagles Call-up by matzoro(m): 1:54pm On Oct 12, 2013
ASUU, NASU, ASUP...with these 3 strikers...

9 Likes

Re: Nigerian Players That Deserve Super Eagles Call-up by Rawpidgin(m): 1:55pm On Oct 12, 2013
safarigirl: Joel Obi. Daz all, the Uche brothers would be nice too. Osaze is washed up abeg
osaze is washed up? sweetheart please! he's better than musa, ideye, ameobi & infact, he's better than 70% of the current squard

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Players That Deserve Super Eagles Call-up by kstyle2(m): 1:58pm On Oct 12, 2013
Oduamadi shld nt b in d team....its jst his hatrick against tahita dats kipin him....he plays he seria b and he's nt a regular.sone aluko wil do beta...haruna is a decent chap but he's got attitude ish.chuba akpom in asnal is anoda fyn playa....also joel obi
Re: Nigerian Players That Deserve Super Eagles Call-up by bigwallace(m): 1:59pm On Oct 12, 2013
I tink haruna desrves to be in d supereagles squad,d guy has rili improved alot nd his performance in dynamo kiev wil always speak 4 him!anoda player is aluko,adeleye!stil sceptical abt osaze sha!!peace out
Re: Nigerian Players That Deserve Super Eagles Call-up by BabaAlabi: 2:00pm On Oct 12, 2013
Chuba Akpom is far better than Ameobi,Martins or Odemwingie. All players I mentioned above are far better than Ideye. Kano Pillars 3rd team striker is better than Ideye. Should I continue?
Re: Nigerian Players That Deserve Super Eagles Call-up by Afam4eva(m): 2:00pm On Oct 12, 2013
Anichebe deserves to be called up to this team. He's a good addition to the frontline. Chinedu Obasi is also a good player and should be called up.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Players That Deserve Super Eagles Call-up by Syenite(m): 2:01pm On Oct 12, 2013
Rawpidgin: if they've to call any other players it should be:
sone aluko & peter odemwengie
but why fix it when its not broken?

Is Aluko better than Mikel/Onazi/Oduamadi/Ogu/Mba/Igiebor? If no then he does nt deserve being called-up.
Re: Nigerian Players That Deserve Super Eagles Call-up by samsard(m): 2:01pm On Oct 12, 2013
Front page things
Re: Nigerian Players That Deserve Super Eagles Call-up by Vykiano(m): 2:03pm On Oct 12, 2013
Imoh Ezekiel.
Re: Nigerian Players That Deserve Super Eagles Call-up by Syenite(m): 2:03pm On Oct 12, 2013
Afam4eva: Anichebe deserves to be called up to this team. He's a good addition to the frontline. Chinedu Obasi is also a good player and should be called up.
Compare Anichebe/Obasi with Emenike/Moses/Musa/Nwofor. Is Anichebe/Obasi better? If yes then they deserve a call-up, else they should stay put where they are for now.
Re: Nigerian Players That Deserve Super Eagles Call-up by Syenite(m): 2:04pm On Oct 12, 2013
Vykiano: Imoh Ezekiel.
Is he better than Emenike/Moses/Musa/Nwofor?
Re: Nigerian Players That Deserve Super Eagles Call-up by ortopazz(m): 2:06pm On Oct 12, 2013
Rawpidgin: osaze is washed up? sweetheart please! he's better than musa, ideye, ameobi & infact, he's better than 70% of the current squard
my bro u d watch ball abeg! Osaze -= Truth. . . When u watch his 1st Premiership goal, truly a classy player. .
Re: Nigerian Players That Deserve Super Eagles Call-up by Afam4eva(m): 2:06pm On Oct 12, 2013
Syenite:
Compare Anichebe/Obasi with Emenike/Moses/Musa/Nwofor. Is Anichebe/Obasi better? If yes then they deserve a call-up, else they should stay put where they are for now.
Who's talking about who's better and who's not. We're talking about possible additions. So, what will you do if the likes of Emenike, Moses and Musa are injured, will you rather put Babatunde or Gambo instead of Anichebe or Obasi?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Players That Deserve Super Eagles Call-up by Syenite(m): 2:06pm On Oct 12, 2013
MORN DEW: The present super Eagles squad impresses me alot, i must confess that i now watch their matches with high level of confidence. The present crop of players are also good but not all. I also knw that this is not the best time to change a winning team but i think some players are doin well in their clubside and deserve a call-up. Notable among them are:

Lukman haruna, Dele Adeleye, Obafemi Martins stil scores even in USA( to me he is better than Ameobi), Sonne Aluko and please forgive me Osaze Has started findin his form again.
What do u think, you can suggest some other names
It is this same type of agitation that distorted the 1980 and 1994 Golden generations. U dnt change a winning team.
Re: Nigerian Players That Deserve Super Eagles Call-up by Syenite(m): 2:09pm On Oct 12, 2013
Afam4eva:
Who's talking about who's better and who's not. We're talking about possible additions. So, what will you do if the likes of Emenike, Moses and Musa are injured, will you rather put Babatunde or Gambo instead of Anichebe or Obasi?
National team call up should be based on merit and current form. We need to call up the best player. Apart from Emenike, Moses and Musa we also have Nwofor, Ameobi and Nsofor we have 3 regular forwards and 3 deputisers Anichebe and Obasi are surpluses for now and besides no way Emenike, Moses and Musa will be injured at once abi na u wan injure them?

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Players That Deserve Super Eagles Call-up by Eboski(m): 2:12pm On Oct 12, 2013
matzoro: ASUU, NASU, ASUP...with these 3 strikers...
2mor we will know Emenike,ASUU,NASU,ASUP who strike pass for nigeria

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Players That Deserve Super Eagles Call-up by ortopazz(m): 2:12pm On Oct 12, 2013
Obagoal . Abeg up there. . . .OSAZE. . . 2PEOPLE THAT SHUD BE THERE!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Players That Deserve Super Eagles Call-up by Anthony0094(m): 2:16pm On Oct 12, 2013
Nt every player dat perform wel wl b cal up,al f dem hv 2 hv dat in mind , t z rotational, al dz guy una mention dia tym don pas
Re: Nigerian Players That Deserve Super Eagles Call-up by ortopazz(m): 2:16pm On Oct 12, 2013
Syenite:
And besides no way Emenike, Moses and Musa will be injured at once abi na u wan injure them?
When Taiye Taiwo and Echejele bin park 4 world cup, shey na Afam bin injure them. . .

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Enyeama Calls For Goal Line Technology After Embarrassing Ethiopia Goal / Man Utd Announce €17m Alex Telles Signing On Four-year Deal. / Goals & Assists: Ronaldo 9-3 Messi! Who Has Better Performance This Season?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.