Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,234 members, 7,818,783 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:10 AM

Omonile Lawyer's Rant Regarding The Demolition Of Houses In Epe - Properties (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Omonile Lawyer's Rant Regarding The Demolition Of Houses In Epe (11562 Views)

How To Avoid Paying The Dreaded Omonile Signing Fees Scam In Lagos And Ogun / Lagos Real Estate/ Omonile Land Scams Exposed! Learn how not to be Conned / The Cost And Conditions For Building These Types Of Houses (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Omonile Lawyer's Rant Regarding The Demolition Of Houses In Epe by Nobody: 2:32am On Mar 08, 2013
van bonattel:

Its not by force to live in Lagos brotherly........ grin

Bwahahahahahahahaha!!!!

talktimi: The Fash can do no wrong you silly town criers grin all Epe people who had their houses demolished should go back to their villages in the east. To be a Lagosian is not by force lipsrsealed

Bwohohohohohoho!!!!!!!!!

van bonattel: *laughing in chinese language* chin chin chin chin cho cho cho cho chan chan cha hua hua hua hua grin Epe people have no reason to ask Fashola for compensation, they should return to Onitsha where they migrated from

Bwehehehehehehehehehehee!!!!

van bonattel:

Babyosisi just took Shymmex to the cleaners, this is a knock out punch, shymmex didnt see it coming grin

grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Omonile Lawyer's Rant Regarding The Demolition Of Houses In Epe by Nobody: 3:11am On Mar 08, 2013
These jobless cu.nt twisted logical arguments on a different thread; quoted me out of context, and started liking their own comments... It su.cks to be you lot, for real... I don't need foot soldiers to battle me, go get your Eze to come get busy with me...

BabyOdyckDyck, it seems you're in need of a young blood to smash that expired pum to smithereens, no Hey, I'll smash that if the mileage is still decent, to be honest... grin
Re: Omonile Lawyer's Rant Regarding The Demolition Of Houses In Epe by Nobody: 3:14am On Mar 08, 2013
van bonattel, obiora4life, talktimi, chippychappy, kross_01, and paschal007... all the same people...

I need to stop arguing with these barbarians, time for another hiatus off this bytc.h..
Re: Omonile Lawyer's Rant Regarding The Demolition Of Houses In Epe by Nobody: 4:04am On Mar 08, 2013
shymexx: These jobless cu.nt twisted logical arguments on a different thread; quoted me out of context, and started liking their own comments... It su.cks to be you lot, for real... I don't need foot soldiers to battle me, go get your Eze to come get busy with me...

BabyOdyckDyck, it seems you're in need of a young blood to smash that expired pum to smithereens, no Hey, I'll smash that if the mileage is still decent, to be honest... grin

David how far?
Go smash ya momma
Sorry, don't do transvestites lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Out of context?
Lol
I thought you weren't even on the thread

2 Likes

Re: Omonile Lawyer's Rant Regarding The Demolition Of Houses In Epe by Nobody: 4:30am On Mar 08, 2013
babyosisi:
David how far?
Go smash ya momma

Out of context?
Lol

When I said you had glaucoma and that you're also suffering from mid-life crisis, you said I was chatting...

This was your post again:

babyosisi:

Now he knows how the traders at Ladipo feel

And my reply:

shymexx:

Did I post any comment on that particular thread?? Show me what I posted on the thread...

Low self-esteem and insecurity smfdh..

Now show me what I posted on the thread about "traders at Ladipo" you slut...

Word on the street is that your wretched puss got you a mod job on NVS.... grin I wouldn't fvck that box everyone and their dad has passed through with a PC joystick!!! Get a life, ancient saggy and sour ti.ts having scum...
Re: Omonile Lawyer's Rant Regarding The Demolition Of Houses In Epe by peziz(f): 4:43am On Mar 08, 2013
Lwkmd. E clear say frustration don step in!

2 Likes

Re: Omonile Lawyer's Rant Regarding The Demolition Of Houses In Epe by EagleNest(m): 5:01am On Mar 08, 2013
van bonattel:

Babyosisi just took Shymmex to the cleaners, this is a knock out punch, shymmex didnt see it coming grin

This is what we call 'proving beyond reasonable doubts'.

3 Likes

Re: Omonile Lawyer's Rant Regarding The Demolition Of Houses In Epe by iykak47: 6:16am On Mar 08, 2013
Shymexx has no shame to talk even after he had been publicly disgraced by Babyosisi, oboy as your fellow man' I'm ashamed on your behalf.
You see your life? You were running your mouth like a typewriter on the other thread when Fashola demolished houses in Ijora Badiya, now why are you calling Fashola nyyga, because Fashola's bulldozers kissed your ancestral home? A native doctor who invoke tunderstorm to his kinsmen can never prevent his own house from destruction undecided

5 Likes

Re: Omonile Lawyer's Rant Regarding The Demolition Of Houses In Epe by princeonx: 7:05am On Mar 08, 2013
Na wa for this fash guy oh! When is he due to gtfo of office?
Re: Omonile Lawyer's Rant Regarding The Demolition Of Houses In Epe by theripper: 7:15am On Mar 08, 2013
Bros don Match "P" for the matter, hahahahahahaha. If na court b dis, one person for dey for cuffs now heading to the penitentiary.
Re: Omonile Lawyer's Rant Regarding The Demolition Of Houses In Epe by ichidodo: 7:55am On Mar 08, 2013
Chei! I don miss Owambe.
Re: Omonile Lawyer's Rant Regarding The Demolition Of Houses In Epe by Omexonomy: 8:17am On Mar 08, 2013
the_ripper: Bros don Match "P" for the matter, hahahahahahaha. If na court b dis, one person for dey for cuffs now heading to the penitentiary.
are you talking to shymexx the most notorius money doubler of England

2 Likes

Re: Omonile Lawyer's Rant Regarding The Demolition Of Houses In Epe by talktimi(m): 8:21am On Mar 08, 2013
shymexx: van bonattel, obiora4life, talktimi, chippychappy, kross_01, and paschal007... all the same people...

I need to stop arguing with these barbarians, time for another hiatus off this bytc.h..
see mumu o, if you talk too much again, I go call your madam to come flog you once more. Shameless he goat wey lie pass devil

1 Like

Re: Omonile Lawyer's Rant Regarding The Demolition Of Houses In Epe by mapet: 9:16am On Mar 08, 2013
I'm really impressed with your lucid and valid analysis. Twice I have gone through land document processing in Alausa...... on both occassions I had to go through a senior official who is one of the main approvers of the land. Suffice to say my "egunge" was almost half the total cost of processing, but for all the wahala I didn't mind.

I relied on him to inform me if both properties are not on government acquisition, marked for industrial areas and stuffs. That's the first thing he does before embarking on any processing. I live on one at the moment, and even thought the ownership estate is under dispute of two families, I was able to get the governor's consent......

A friend we refer to a land in Ikorodu, made the mistake of paying before running a search at Alausa, only to find out the land he just bought is marked for a school project in the records. After trying to sell it for a year and unsuccessful, he just abandoned it and built his house elsewhere......

I think it is important to engage a lawyer to help you run a search or you go run it yourself. My wife run the initial search for any property we aquire, she knows how to ask the right questions...Funily enough I think cost plus "egunje" on searches is less than 5k......

Reality is that we can't afford to wait for some GIS spatial mapping or some records in google at the moments, damage would have been done. The officers in Lands are feeding fat with bribes and deceit and stumbling blocks, so you just have to navigate the system for now.

When I was processing building approval, the approving engineer raised an objection on the structural drawing. I wanted to revert back to my structural engineer, but my father-in-law in his wisdom advised we go meet the approving engineer @ Ogudu.....We told him that it is he who can fix the mistake and we dont want to merry-go-round. 70k solved the problem, when the final approval came out, till today, I'm still looking for the fixes the approving engineer did....I have not seen one.....

Nutshell is........issues of land is a dangerous murky slippery zone. You can only pray you do right.........
Unknown Member: [b]Again, the Nogerian government shows why they are very useless..

1. I don't blame the government of Fashola for demolishing those houses. If they were built on illegally acquire lands, then they have to go. I don't blame Fashola because those houses and the associated deals that handed over the lands to the owners most likely precedes his administration. However, I think he needs to set up a panel to investigate the deals and claims of the house owners. Anybody who has acquired a land in this country, wether government owned or community land knows that it is indeed a difficult process. From acquiring C-of-O to even enquiring about a parcel of land all involves bribery and underhand dealings. He needs to look into the claims of the affected house owners especially if they produce genuine documents of approval from government agencies. Cases like this can lead to prosecution of those who were in charge of these agencies.

2. Where were these agencies when these Landlords started the building of these houses. Anybody who has ever built a house or been involved in the building of one kows that immediately you mobilize workers to the site, all manner of community and government agencies decend on your site demanding one approval or the other which it's be paid up on full before work is allowed to continue. If these agencies approved building plans, permits and all other such documentations for houses being built on illegally acquired lands, shouldn't they also have some sort of liability in this matter?

3. How straight forward is the Lands and housing agency and all other associated agencies that deal with lands in Lagos!? If I need to purchase a land tomorrow, can I easily get information on that land!? This Lagos state master plan, how easily assesible is it to Nigerians!? I ask because if it is indeed still shrouded in secrecy, more Nigerians would fall victim tomorrow.

on a final note, the owners of the affected houses should go to court, although I doubt they would get much as the houses are indeed built on illegally acquired lands. Fashola should also look into some sort of compensation for the affected parties. He isn't blind to how difficult things are in the country and for somebody to lose a house in these trying times, it could kill some of them especially the retirees and those who were genuinely ignorant in this matter. To intending Land owners, please do a proper research on all properties before you acquire them.

#Nuff Said.

[/b]

1 Like

Re: Omonile Lawyer's Rant Regarding The Demolition Of Houses In Epe by baffylander(m): 9:32am On Mar 08, 2013
I do not have any insider info particularly involving the Epe demolition, but i know as a matter of fact that no matter how many decades you occupy a land marked for purposes other than residential, you always remain a tenant at will and deserve no notice to quit ( kindly confirm with relevant laws of the land) hence your building can be DEMOLISHED at any time the government wishes without as much as a weeek's notice considering you cant legalise an illegality and using the land for residential purposes when same was not earmarked for same is an act void ab initio. "THIS IS NOT AN ENDORSEMENT OF THE ACT(S) OF THE LASG AS REGARDS THIS MATTER)
Re: Omonile Lawyer's Rant Regarding The Demolition Of Houses In Epe by bongila(f): 10:16am On Mar 08, 2013
@Shymexx Karma's a Biatcch innit?
Vulgar words thrown at Babyosis isn't going to stop the demolition!

The stooges I am waiting to read your response on this demolition. Bwahahahahahahaha EPE MUST GO

2 Likes

Re: Omonile Lawyer's Rant Regarding The Demolition Of Houses In Epe by Ejine(m): 10:55am On Mar 08, 2013
LMAOOO!!!
Shymexx' Nairaland career is officially over grin grin

5 Likes

Re: Omonile Lawyer's Rant Regarding The Demolition Of Houses In Epe by Nobody: 11:01am On Mar 08, 2013
Lawyer and Mapet...how do i get to contact either of u and wuz ur advice on this..i live at badore-ajah..an area dt remains controversial..acquired a half plot in an estate and abt to start something..sorrounded by big men as mine seems d least..even learnt dt all lands in ajah including badore is under govt acquisition so much so dt the lawyer here informed us dt d current ratification move by govt doesnt include my area for now..how much wld a valid search cost me?..and yet Fashola is always around commissioning projects and holding political meetings with chiefs in dis area..very influential people in his govt eevn have properties all around here..am i gambling or i sell and buy somehwere else?..where is safe cos d whole lekki-Epe-Ajah seems to have attention of d govt...i understand d local chiefs won d area for ACN in d last elections as it was hitherto a PDP state..besides methinks with d 4th mainland in d pipeline,their attention will come forth again..i build and wait4 d risk ..like people have been there 4 years..i lived here for abt 10yrs now...or i resell and watch developments cos d price skyrockets every day here..tanx.
Re: Omonile Lawyer's Rant Regarding The Demolition Of Houses In Epe by deaconfrost: 2:38pm On Mar 08, 2013
shymexx: van bonattel, obiora4life, talktimi, chippychappy, kross_01, and paschal007... all the same people...

bros. shymexx,

i read ur arguments from the thread that "mighty" babyosisi posted and i find them logical, but now that the tables have turned, just be "gentlemanly" and admit that you made those comments.

@ babyosisi - you will surely make a good investigator. good job. keep the spirit up but word of advice - "keep ur stables clean, else the hunter becomes the hunted"

1 Like

Re: Omonile Lawyer's Rant Regarding The Demolition Of Houses In Epe by noso2004: 3:30pm On Mar 08, 2013
Thank God I have left the madness in the country for good in a long time, I don't even come for holiday, for anyone thinking sanity will return to the country, I tell you to keep dreaming , I am not from Epe, but I grew up there, to hear the sad story about demolition is worrying to be honest.

I pray for more of this misfortune to continue, perhaps the weak Nigerians will wake from their sleep? I regret having any link with this generation of mediocre, foolish ugly leaders, scum voters, completely below average set of people, why the heck will anyone even come out to vote for any of these people?

I know you are all weak and scared of being shot, but no one will come and drag your asses from bed if you refuse to go out and pass your votes on election day? yeye people, they will all come on NL with big grammars with no connection on what's being discussed spouting complete nonsense.

1 Like

Re: Omonile Lawyer's Rant Regarding The Demolition Of Houses In Epe by romanlaw(m): 5:11pm On Mar 08, 2013
I WONT SAY ANYTHING UNTIL I HEAR FROM EKO ILE............WHATS HE WAITING FOR TO COME UP WITH THE USUAL DEFENCE/insults FOR FASHOLA AND TINUBU.........you were rejoicing over the wicked act of closing up ladipo to eventually sell off the shops to yorubas...now its your turn.

1 Like

Re: Omonile Lawyer's Rant Regarding The Demolition Of Houses In Epe by Nobody: 3:03am On Mar 09, 2013
babyosisi:

David how far?
Go smash ya momma

Out of context?
Lol

Ejiné: LMAOOO!!!
Shymexx' Nairaland career is officially over grin grin

I see you Guys Really Battered my Bro David Shymexx Around Pretty Good In Here.

Dude Ran off to the Romance Section to Have Conversations with his Own Alt Accounts.

My Niqqah Dave is a Scoundrel........

I wouldn't Even let that Guy Wash my Car without Him Taking a Lie Detector Test First

Dave is a Scoundrel

A Corrupted Soul.

6 Likes

Re: Omonile Lawyer's Rant Regarding The Demolition Of Houses In Epe by gabbytabby: 1:37pm On Mar 16, 2013
Until we as a people start to count the cost of our fraudulent ways and start to say no more, all of this will continue to happen. fake master plan, Fake omoonile, fake bale, fake surveyor, fake gazette, fake alausa officials, fake documents makes a fake nation full of fake people who then get faked out of their property.
Re: Omonile Lawyer's Rant Regarding The Demolition Of Houses In Epe by powersunny: 8:08pm On Mar 16, 2013
Lawyer, Thank you for bringing this issue forth.Beyond this "ranting", i think we need to take a step further. Actually, i have no idea how to do this cos i am not a learned fellow. There must be something in our constitution that guarantees our right to public information as to which lands belong to govt at d moment and which ones they r planning to acquire soon. In my reckoning, the number of such parcels of land cannot be more than 2000 in the whole state. Can someone get a court order mandating the govt to publish same like the famous "yellow pages" which will just contain the coordinates and designations of ALL govt lands (now and future). Every member of the public can buy such publication, which can be published and updated annually. with that one can never go wrong with buying govt land. Then we'll know that it is only 419 land speculators and omoniles we are left to beware of. This will stop all this Alausa racketeering. Sincerely, there must be an end to this.Innocent, law abiding citizens being conned into loosing their life savings n home by worst of all, govt officials doing fake approvals. God bless you if you can institute the action.Ebun Onagoruwa comes to mind (lekki toll suit).

1 Like

Re: Omonile Lawyer's Rant Regarding The Demolition Of Houses In Epe by gabbytabby: 2:54pm On Mar 19, 2013
There has always been a bit of risk taking when it comes to land buying in lagos. The whole of Mafoluku/Ajao is marked as part of the airport and is leased land so technically it can be acquired by the state at anytime. A friend bought a property to be demolised and rebuilt on in this area recently for 12m. The original owner bought it for less that 20k

In the Ajah area even areas that have been the product of Gazette then gets acquired by the next government and then returned to the people again by a subsequent one. That is how fragile and easy for the land to be re-acquired by the state.

For some you have to ask

1) How much of a risk taker are you
2) Is the area built up
3) Which kind of people are resident in the area - Power brokers, movers and shakers?
4) How long can you get a return on your investment within 10 years
5) What is government plan for it
6) Which government has it- Federal or state. Plans by federal government might be less likely as lagos is no longer a federal capital.
7) What is the probability that the government might take it back - What other projects are in the area, can the state afford the project at the time,
cool Is the project an investment or your personal home.
Re: Omonile Lawyer's Rant Regarding The Demolition Of Houses In Epe by gabbytabby: 3:00pm On Mar 19, 2013
gabbytabby: There has always been a bit of risk taking when it comes to land buying in lagos. The whole of Mafoluku/Ajao is marked as part of the airport and is leased land so technically it can be acquired by the state at anytime. A friend bought a property to be demolised and rebuilt on in this area recently for 12m. The original owner bought it for less that 20k

Lekki (formerly Maroko) was also leased land and daddy been get property there from the 60's until acquired by the government. Did he get return on all his investment absolutely.

In the Ajah area even areas that have been the product of Gazette then gets acquired by the next government and then returned to the people again by a subsequent one. That is how fragile and easy for the land to be re-acquired by the state.

For some you have to ask

1) How much of a risk taker are you
2) Is the area built up
3) Which kind of people are resident in the area - Power brokers, movers and shakers?
4) How long can you get a return on your investment within 10 years
5) What is government plan for it
6) Which government has it- Federal or state. Plans by federal government might be less likely as lagos is no longer a federal capital.
7) What is the probability that the government might take it back - What other projects are in the area, can the state afford the project at the time,
cool Is the project an investment or your personal home.

Re: Omonile Lawyer's Rant Regarding The Demolition Of Houses In Epe by benbertie: 4:51am On Oct 25, 2017
DO YOU KNOW THAT

1. Buying a Land that is deemed to be “free” but it has no Certificate of Occupancy or Governors Consent or Gazette / Excision is a gamble?

2. Buying a Land with “Gazette in Process” and “Excision in View” or “File Numbers” is an unsecured investment? This is a commonly used scam / trick by real estate development companies in Lagos, Nigeria.

3. There are cases where fraudulent Sellers present cloned Certificate of Occupancy or Registered Titles, alongside fake or forged means of identification?

4. In a situation where a Property is owned by a Corporate Body incorporated or registered under the Companies and Allied Matters Act, Search at the Companies Registry is paramount?

5. Without a grant of probate and /or letters of administration, no Vendor or Seller [whether family members or otherwise] possesses the requisite authority to sell the estate or property of a deceased person? Hence Search at the Probate Registry is vital.

6. The consent of the principal members and head of the family or community to the sales transaction needs to be obtained so as not to make the sales transaction void or voidable?

7. If the Title of a Land is defective, whoever buys a House built on such a Land is merely a tenant at the mercy of the true Owner with a valid legal Title to the Land? The Legal Maxim: “quicquid plantatur solo, solo cedit” in very instructive. It simply means that whatever is affixed or planted to a land belongs to the land.

8. It is the duty of the Lawyer of the Buyer or Purchaser to prepare the Documents which includes: Contract of Sale; and Deed of Assignment; or Deed of Sub-Lease; or Deed of Conveyance; or Deed of Transfer; or Power of Attorney; as the case may be? The rationale for which the duty of preparation of the Documents is on the Lawyer of the Buyer or Purchaser flows from the right of the Buyer or Purchase to the non - reversionary interest of the property.

9. If there is litigation on a property, the Court may order that status quo be maintained and the person in possession would remain in possession? After making payments and executing Title Documents, a Buyer can take possession by: erecting a small fence, farming on the property, putting tenants on the property, putting a security person on the property, putting construction materials on the property, etc.

10. The Land Use Act prohibits alienation of Land without the consent of the Governor?

11. Failure to pay stamp duty renders a title document unacceptable for registration and inadmissible in evidence in a court of law?

12. Registration does not cure defects neither does it confer validity on the Instrument which it would not have otherwise had but for its registration?

You need to know how to go about the process of buying and owning a Property in Nigeria. There are several Laws which govern and regulate the process. Hence, usually, it is time and capital intensive. On Property transactions, the legal maxim is apt: “Caveat Emptor” - Buyers Beware. It is not for a Seller to beware. A Buyer needs to exercise full caution and due diligence when buying a property.

READ MORE https://www.nairaland.com/4136950/guide-how-buy-property-land

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

NINETY PERCENT of all MILLIONAIRES become so THROUGH owning REAL ESTATE / HILTON CITY KURUDU ABUJA. UNBEATABLE DISCOUNT! / Massive Fire In Residential Lagos Neighbourhood

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.