Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,003 members, 7,821,518 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:14 PM

Nwankwo Kanu Defrauded Of N1.4 Billion By His Hotel Manager - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nwankwo Kanu Defrauded Of N1.4 Billion By His Hotel Manager (21325 Views)

Cute Photo Of Nwankwo Kanu With His Family / Nwankwo Kanu Celebrates His 39th Birthday Today! / Nwankwo Kanu Ranked 13 Out Of 50 Arsenal Greatest Players (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nwankwo Kanu Defrauded Of N1.4 Billion By His Hotel Manager by mkoabiola: 9:58am On Mar 09, 2013
Jus lik dat 1.4 gini.
Re: Nwankwo Kanu Defrauded Of N1.4 Billion By His Hotel Manager by theripper: 10:07am On Mar 09, 2013
Choi, dem don do u dis Yoruba "Yahoo yahoo" abi? Well, hunt dem down, put their parents for jail too, dem must cough out d money by fire by force.
Re: Nwankwo Kanu Defrauded Of N1.4 Billion By His Hotel Manager by question(m): 10:08am On Mar 09, 2013
O boy, N1.4 billion? only from football?
singing osuofia's track "....if any body fall mugu, i go chop am!"
Re: Nwankwo Kanu Defrauded Of N1.4 Billion By His Hotel Manager by Nobody: 10:16am On Mar 09, 2013
Dont blame illiteracy oooo angry angry angry angry
Re: Nwankwo Kanu Defrauded Of N1.4 Billion By His Hotel Manager by dougivilla(m): 10:19am On Mar 09, 2013
[quote author=2Mekus][/quote]This our modes sef! No be almost 24hours ago I post this same news. This is sheer nepotism and is not good for the image of NL. Modes make una no run NL down oh!
Re: Nwankwo Kanu Defrauded Of N1.4 Billion By His Hotel Manager by Nobody: 10:47am On Mar 09, 2013
Harbosede02: Jeez,is he dat daft
U dey craze?
Re: Nwankwo Kanu Defrauded Of N1.4 Billion By His Hotel Manager by gbokukueba(m): 10:48am On Mar 09, 2013
Kanu and Gam have come along way and have built trust has the guy used to be his account manager during the time of Gulf bank intact I heard he advised Kanu to move his funds before the collapse of the bank. I think that singular act made Kanu trust him with all his investments including his photo studio at Allen. I also heard he kept 2 records for the biz one to show Kanu which is totally bloated and the real one nobody ever saw...

The guy is pure evil, imagine after running up and down the field in Europe only one of each maga to chop the money angry

1 Like

Re: Nwankwo Kanu Defrauded Of N1.4 Billion By His Hotel Manager by Nobody: 10:53am On Mar 09, 2013
This is absolutely not fair. It's sinister and wicked. After kanu has worked so hard, running on the field up and down in Nigeria and Europe, starting and heart foundation for the less privileged, building up his investment unlike some superstars or celebrities that are so wasteful with God's blessings some stupid Nigerian guy thinking his sharp will dupe him. Illiteracy is not to blame. Some people are just HEARTLESS (pun intended). I hope they pay back every kobo and end up in jail.

1 Like

Re: Nwankwo Kanu Defrauded Of N1.4 Billion By His Hotel Manager by chinedum13(m): 11:04am On Mar 09, 2013
Gabriel_sylar: Its not good to be an illiterate....even if u haff cash...kanu can't even speak english well....so he is treated like a spare part seller
ur problem is jst dat u ar nt at his level, nd can neva be. if nt, what has his inability to make a gud speech got to do with the ongoing issue? gay try to grow up okay!
Re: Nwankwo Kanu Defrauded Of N1.4 Billion By His Hotel Manager by freecocoa(f): 11:13am On Mar 09, 2013
This is just sheer wickedness and to think that some hopeless beings are blaming Kanu for getting duped just cos he trusted someone to be able to handle his business is beyond annoying, like wtf?

This is really sad.
Re: Nwankwo Kanu Defrauded Of N1.4 Billion By His Hotel Manager by DDNICE: 11:29am On Mar 09, 2013
Hmmmm 1.4b? I doubt if Kanu has that total amount as a person talk more of been duped of it.
Re: Nwankwo Kanu Defrauded Of N1.4 Billion By His Hotel Manager by Paentera(m): 11:29am On Mar 09, 2013
2Mekus: Ex-Nigeria star Nwankwo Kanu has lost N1.4 billion (about $104m) and a top executive of his hotel has been arrested and charged to court.

What sort of exchange rate did you use to arrive at this? Poor reporting.

1 Like

Re: Nwankwo Kanu Defrauded Of N1.4 Billion By His Hotel Manager by jmoore(m): 11:32am On Mar 09, 2013
Gabriel_sylar: Its not good to be an illiterate....even if u [size=17pt]haff[/size] cash...kanu can't even speak english well....so he is treated like a spare part seller

Go back to primary school!! what is the meaning of "haff" in your post?

DDNICE: Hmmmm 1.4b? I doubt if Kanu has that total amount as a person talk more of been duped of it.
The kanu we are talking about is former arsenal,intermilan , ajax player and not your brother
Re: Nwankwo Kanu Defrauded Of N1.4 Billion By His Hotel Manager by victorazy(m): 11:42am On Mar 09, 2013
Gabriel_sylar: Its not good to be an illiterate....even if u haff cash...kanu can't even speak english well....so he is treated like a spare part seller

Ur the most fo-olish person I've ever met on NL.
Can ur generation achieve what that young has achieved?.
Must u go school before u learn how to speak gud english?
U dat speak more than English ppl, what hav u achieved with it?
Are you the one that paid ur school fees?

Ur the greatest mumu on NL "Scrub"
Re: Nwankwo Kanu Defrauded Of N1.4 Billion By His Hotel Manager by seechris(m): 11:45am On Mar 09, 2013
staying wealthy is much harder than making wealth,kanu should be smarter cos many stars have ended up poor after a successful career,sad cos they become targets of genuine fraudsters..
Re: Nwankwo Kanu Defrauded Of N1.4 Billion By His Hotel Manager by Nobody: 11:47am On Mar 09, 2013
there are many wicked pple in naija even on nairaland with hyena heart
Re: Nwankwo Kanu Defrauded Of N1.4 Billion By His Hotel Manager by Decryptor(m): 11:51am On Mar 09, 2013
the_ripper: Choi, dem don do u dis Yoruba "Yahoo yahoo" abi? Well, hunt dem down, put their parents for jail too, dem must cough out d money by fire by force.
I'm telling you. I wonder why he decided to use an ohemmanu person as his manager. They don do am
Re: Nwankwo Kanu Defrauded Of N1.4 Billion By His Hotel Manager by vislabraye(m): 12:11pm On Mar 09, 2013
Table Leg :
This is what happens when you are an illiterate who doesn't care or keep a close eye on things or trust people too much ... SMH!

It can happen to any body. Igbo guys especially the illiterate ones are not illiterate when it comes to money. Most likely he had other investments and he can't run all by himself.
@topic, 1.4 billion naira is not up to $104m. That's wrong calculation.
Re: Nwankwo Kanu Defrauded Of N1.4 Billion By His Hotel Manager by stagger: 12:13pm On Mar 09, 2013
Most Premiership Footballers Go Broke
Three out of five Premier League footballers go broke within five years of retirement, according to research by football charity XPro. Ex-Villa players Brad Friedel and Lee Hendrie are among high profile bankruptcies. Friedel ran up debts opening a US football academy and Hendrie owed £200,000 in taxes.

Despite earning an average of £30,000 a week, many footballers get bad investment advice. A further financial drain results from the fact that one in three gets divorced within a year of retiring.

Even if they manage to get some media work or on the after dinner circuit, income drops rapidly, but expenditure does not. Players often fail to put enough money aside to meet tax obligations.

In the Football League, players have never earned anywhere so near as much so they do not have expensive commitments. They buckle down and get jobs as taxi drivers or driving instructors which seems to be the modern equivalent of becoming a publican.

http://boards.footymad.net/forum.php?tno=31&fid=37&act=1&mid=2113106015

Now we wonder why Brad Friedel is still keeping at 41 years? Kanu should be very careful. Many athletes lost their money not really through excessive spending but on bad investments.
Re: Nwankwo Kanu Defrauded Of N1.4 Billion By His Hotel Manager by xcuggsm(m): 12:14pm On Mar 09, 2013
I have my doubts if Kanu Nwankwo can substantiate the allegations he is making against the Hotel manager Ayoola Gam Ikom.
No doubt Kanu Nwankwo is one of those illiterates who only look at the Profit & Loss aspect of the account books and when they dont see rosy figures; Alas! the manager has 'eaten' the money.
What Kanu Nwankwo needs to do is to get a good Audit firrn to look at the Hotel books and give him a clear picture of the state of affairs.
Don't get me wrong. I am not holding forth for Mr Ayoola Gam Ikon or saying that he may not have 'chopped' some money- But N1.4 billion? Haba!
I know Mr Ayoola Gam Ikon a bit having interviewed him for his first banking Job in the early 90's and have been following his career since then. The guy is smart and smooth but I doubt if he will 'embezzle' that much. N1.4 billion?
THE TRUTH OF THE MATTER WILL SOON UNFOLD!
Re: Nwankwo Kanu Defrauded Of N1.4 Billion By His Hotel Manager by calcal: 12:16pm On Mar 09, 2013
very bad
Re: Nwankwo Kanu Defrauded Of N1.4 Billion By His Hotel Manager by nwabobo: 12:22pm On Mar 09, 2013
Ayoola

There is surely something in a name..
Re: Nwankwo Kanu Defrauded Of N1.4 Billion By His Hotel Manager by abbeyty(m): 12:25pm On Mar 09, 2013

mr, man can you define illiterate please? cuz i am very sure that kalu can read and write better than your broken assss, so what do you mean by calling him illiterate? better stop smoking that cheap weed
Re: Nwankwo Kanu Defrauded Of N1.4 Billion By His Hotel Manager by Nobody: 12:27pm On Mar 09, 2013
nwabobo: Ayoola

There is surely something in a name..
Spoiling for a muddy ethnic showdown?
Re: Nwankwo Kanu Defrauded Of N1.4 Billion By His Hotel Manager by Nobody: 12:35pm On Mar 09, 2013
flinspiero: U dey craze?
without me seeing u,i knw u r MAD...wen i post my comment i don't nid u or any orda dunce lyk u 2 comment or quote.JANIMAL
Re: Nwankwo Kanu Defrauded Of N1.4 Billion By His Hotel Manager by Nobody: 12:51pm On Mar 09, 2013

Mumu, Na language proficiency be your proof of literacy abi? with your English and certificate, you go give testimony for your shrine if he employ you, ODE.
Re: Nwankwo Kanu Defrauded Of N1.4 Billion By His Hotel Manager by Nobody: 1:22pm On Mar 09, 2013
xcuggs_m:
I have my doubts if Kanu Nwankwo can substantiate the allegations he is making against the Hotel manager Ayoola Gam Ikom.
No doubt Kanu Nwankwo is one of those illiterates who only look at the Profit & Loss aspect of the account books and when they dont see rosy figures; Alas! the manager has 'eaten' the money.
What Kanu Nwankwo needs to do is to get a good Audit firrn to look at the Hotel books and give him a clear picture of the state of affairs.
Don't get me wrong. I am not holding forth for Mr Ayoola Gam Ikon or saying that he may not have 'chopped' some money- But N1.4 billion? Haba!
I know Mr Ayoola Gam Ikon a bit having interviewed him for his first banking Job in the early 90's and have been following his career since then. The guy is smart and smooth but I doubt if he will 'embezzle' that much. N1.4 billion?
You are the only poster that is seeing the issue the way I see it.
It's not easy to embezzle N1.4 billion just like that. What is the net-worth of the business? How many external audits have taken place in those 7/8 accounting years.
THE TRUTH OF THE MATTER WILL SOON UNFOLD!
Re: Nwankwo Kanu Defrauded Of N1.4 Billion By His Hotel Manager by ibietela2(m): 1:24pm On Mar 09, 2013
chai
Re: Nwankwo Kanu Defrauded Of N1.4 Billion By His Hotel Manager by omniwater007: 1:49pm On Mar 09, 2013
mactoni91: sheybi una dn post dis news b4 na...
Better posts dey wey deserve front page...
Una go dey repeat same tin..
#mtcheew#
awon oloshi
i think you should just ignore the post if you've seen it before.u don't know there are millions of NL who have not seen it.take it easy o.smh undecided
Re: Nwankwo Kanu Defrauded Of N1.4 Billion By His Hotel Manager by jaybee488(m): 2:42pm On Mar 09, 2013
People and their habit
#howsad
Re: Nwankwo Kanu Defrauded Of N1.4 Billion By His Hotel Manager by tayejay(m): 2:53pm On Mar 09, 2013
[color=#990000][/color]

U must definitely b an illiterate 4 such assumption and shamelessly attacking a gentle man's personality. Wat will u call d numerous football career experience he had wit top football corporate group? Such experience is enough education. Or must u go tru d 4 walls of a school b4 u bcom literate? Wat wud u call most of our graduates dat hav nothing 2 show 4 d number of academic certificates they hav gathered? I'm sure u fall in2 dis category 4 not being able 2 define appropriately Kanu literate status
Re: Nwankwo Kanu Defrauded Of N1.4 Billion By His Hotel Manager by kaeto(m): 3:32pm On Mar 09, 2013
you are a yoruber goat, what's wrong with trusting you yorubers with money. And you are just a local i.diot who thinks literacy is enlightenment. A real educated brain would never produce thaj filth you posted up above, instead of condemning the wicked act all you could come up with is this. Go get a life out of your misery, educated pauper.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Photos From The Opening Ceremony Of African Athletic Championship In Asaba / Kelechi Iheanacho Rated Among Worst Performers For Leicester City / "Pay Them": Osimhen, Ighalo Others Put Pressure On NFF To Settle Super Falcons

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.