Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,163 members, 7,821,944 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:26 PM

Nwankwo Kanu Defrauded Of N1.4 Billion By His Hotel Manager - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nwankwo Kanu Defrauded Of N1.4 Billion By His Hotel Manager (21327 Views)

Cute Photo Of Nwankwo Kanu With His Family / Nwankwo Kanu Celebrates His 39th Birthday Today! / Nwankwo Kanu Ranked 13 Out Of 50 Arsenal Greatest Players (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nwankwo Kanu Defrauded Of N1.4 Billion By His Hotel Manager by kaeto(m): 3:32pm On Mar 09, 2013
Gabriel_sylar: Its not good to be an illiterate....even if u haff cash...kanu can't even speak english well....so he is treated like a spare part seller
FOOL!
Re: Nwankwo Kanu Defrauded Of N1.4 Billion By His Hotel Manager by Summersland(m): 3:34pm On Mar 09, 2013
See dis guy ooo,if u play bal & have live injury,nairaland will write about ur live injury gbamm cool
Re: Nwankwo Kanu Defrauded Of N1.4 Billion By His Hotel Manager by kaeto(m): 3:40pm On Mar 09, 2013
Harbosede02: Jeez,is he dat daft
these are the mothers of tomorrow supporting theft and mismanagement of companies, later you'll come to nL to cry over your hopelessness in getting a good jobless or blame GEJ for the same, all this show of shame and failure in the name of tribalism and taking sides with yoruber criminals, such a pity for the kids that'll creep out from your malodourous pu.s.sy.
Re: Nwankwo Kanu Defrauded Of N1.4 Billion By His Hotel Manager by kabaka1: 4:55pm On Mar 09, 2013
Gabriel_sylar: Its not good to be an illiterate....even if u haff cash...kanu can't even speak english well....so he is treated like a spare part seller

Shut up. Is he an English man to be perfect in English. And do u what being an "illiterate" really mean. It means someone that can't read and write.
I had the honor of going 2 same secondary school as Kanu, which is "Holy Ghost College, Owerri, IMO State" and at some point in school, I saw his report card, and learn that Kanu usually came 1st to 5th in his class. because he was such a superb player in secondary school, and Iwuanyanwu national took notice of his talent and signed him b4 he went international. He took that opportunity to boost his talent and better himself financially. Common, I mean who wouldn't have taken such a great opportunity if it comes ur way unless u're a big fool. Besides playing football, I know he would have have gone 2 d university and would have done really well any course he chose because something I notice about Kanu is that hem's a perfectionist.

Back 2 d argument here, I don't know why most Nigerians like u like 2 brand somebody without a university level education ir that lack a high proficiency in english language an illiterate and by d way, who says that only ur so called illiterates can be duped . So all d Americans and westerners that are being duped daily by d naija 419 guys r illiterates 2.
My friend, u need 2 wake up from ur ignorance shocked.
Re: Nwankwo Kanu Defrauded Of N1.4 Billion By His Hotel Manager by kabaka1: 5:07pm On Mar 09, 2013
I just hope d cruel hands of d law go grip them on d neck till they vomit all d money wey dem don steal. No matter how rich Kanu is, he's really worked hard to earn his wealth n has paid dues 2 naija. He doesn't deserve this at all from fellow naijas.
Re: Nwankwo Kanu Defrauded Of N1.4 Billion By His Hotel Manager by kabaka1: 5:13pm On Mar 09, 2013
gbokukueba: Kanu and Gam have come along way and have built trust has the guy used to be his account manager during the time of Gulf bank intact I heard he advised Kanu to move his funds before the collapse of the bank. I think that singular act made Kanu trust him with all his investments including his photo studio at Allen. I also heard he kept 2 records for the biz one to show Kanu which is totally bloated and the real one nobody ever saw...

The guy is pure evil, imagine after running up and down the field in Europe only one of each maga to chop the money angry

Sometimes, people can just turn a new leaf when they see money. It's just about greed.
Also some people think it's easy 2 make it like that as a footballer in Europe n 4 u to come overnight and squander their hard earned money.

Hope he pays through his nose oh!
Re: Nwankwo Kanu Defrauded Of N1.4 Billion By His Hotel Manager by kabaka1: 5:22pm On Mar 09, 2013
Paentera:

What sort of exchange rate did you use to arrive at this? Poor reporting.

So I thought 2. K, I guess na d New Nairaland xchange rate. Loool!!!
Re: Nwankwo Kanu Defrauded Of N1.4 Billion By His Hotel Manager by Fantacy1(m): 6:05pm On Mar 09, 2013
So sad...
Re: Nwankwo Kanu Defrauded Of N1.4 Billion By His Hotel Manager by kcsider: 6:17pm On Mar 09, 2013
Kettle calling pot black. Wetin concern illiteracy with the topic. E be like say u don take something
Re: Nwankwo Kanu Defrauded Of N1.4 Billion By His Hotel Manager by grandstar(m): 6:43pm On Mar 09, 2013
Interestingly, his manager was my client. I got him accommodation in 2005. He struck me as a gentleman.
Re: Nwankwo Kanu Defrauded Of N1.4 Billion By His Hotel Manager by westbuoi(m): 7:50pm On Mar 09, 2013
tommykiwi: Make dem settle the matter them sef because when them dey share national cake we no dey now but Kanu na good guy so make them try pay the guy the money oooo,all dis Managers na there pocket them dey like manage wella,when him chop half don beans for prison him go bring out the money...

with all sense of sincerity without sentiments,u must either be insane or else on very cheap drugs...How on earth will u categorise Kanu's wealth-a very hard working and financially astute chap as funds from ''national cake''..I wish i had the powers to ban some peeps from this nairaland..I know where your types are found..Please it's their and not there pocket..u c,u can't even express ursef.Go get a life!!!

1 Like

Re: Nwankwo Kanu Defrauded Of N1.4 Billion By His Hotel Manager by InvertedHammer: 8:30pm On Mar 09, 2013
Yeah right!

Someone embezzled the sum of N1.4b from 2005 to 2012.

7 years! And you only found out in 2013 that there is no building

What a load of BS!

The judge could smell the BS that is why the bail amount is very low.

Re: Nwankwo Kanu Defrauded Of N1.4 Billion By His Hotel Manager by Obijulius: 9:10pm On Mar 09, 2013
But y wuld kanu trust yorubas wit his business. These pple have no wish to c anytin igbo succeed.

When they are in d employ of igbos dey try to run the business. I worked in a bank and I saw dem try to kill d bank cos its owned by an igbo guy.

Well let's learn our lessons.
Re: Nwankwo Kanu Defrauded Of N1.4 Billion By His Hotel Manager by blackbeau1(f): 10:58pm On Mar 09, 2013
But is the defrauder a learner? But kanu sef dull oh.it took him 7 years to discover a 1.4billion dollar fraud? Or is there something he isn't telling us?
Re: Nwankwo Kanu Defrauded Of N1.4 Billion By His Hotel Manager by cargonaija(m): 12:34am On Mar 10, 2013
I am fed up to the back of my teeth. If an individual is helping to move his country forward by creating jobs such as establishing an hotel business in the country that made him, and some greedy lazy louts are on the look out to defraud him. That speaks volume of why Nigeria is not the haven of foreign investors.
Re: Nwankwo Kanu Defrauded Of N1.4 Billion By His Hotel Manager by cargonaija(m): 12:39am On Mar 10, 2013
Obijulius: But y wuld kanu trust yorubas wit his business. These pple have no wish to c anytin igbo succeed.

When they are in d employ of igbos dey try to run the business. I worked in a bank and I saw dem try to kill d bank cos its owned by an igbo guy.

Well let's learn our lessons.

Defrauders comes in all shapes forms and sizes. Ethnicity is not a factor or an immunity to the victim. Igbos defraud Igbos, Yorubas defraud Yourubas ...etc. It's our incessant quest for material things that has to change.

2 Likes

Re: Nwankwo Kanu Defrauded Of N1.4 Billion By His Hotel Manager by bornosheikh: 4:09am On Mar 10, 2013
I look for good people irrespective of tribe - but if Fulani - dat one betta! tongue
Re: Nwankwo Kanu Defrauded Of N1.4 Billion By His Hotel Manager by calcal: 7:27am On Mar 10, 2013
cargo naija: I am fed up to the back of my teeth. If an individual is helping to move his country forward by creating jobs such as establishing an hotel business in the country that made him, and some greedy lazy louts are on the look out to defraud him. That speaks volume of why Nigeria is not the haven of foreign investors.

KETTLE CALLING POT BLACK
Re: Nwankwo Kanu Defrauded Of N1.4 Billion By His Hotel Manager by NigelEnimJr(m): 1:34pm On Mar 10, 2013
sheedy407: I must play ball so dat nairaland go carry my news wen person dup me.
u get start 4rm playing orange n peak-milk can first. grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Nwankwo Kanu Defrauded Of N1.4 Billion By His Hotel Manager by tayejay(m): 3:55pm On Mar 10, 2013
black_beau: But is the defrauder a learner? But kanu sef dull oh.it took him 7 years to discover a 1.4billion dollar fraud? Or is there something he isn't telling us?
[color=#990000][/color]

No point being tribalistic. Evil could b resident in anyone's heart irrespective of tribe, religion or color, if u permit it. Learn 2 judge individuals based on their actions.
Re: Nwankwo Kanu Defrauded Of N1.4 Billion By His Hotel Manager by kayceeman: 12:56pm On Jun 20, 2013
just becos the rich guy no go school una con dey use the opportunity dey steal him money. Olorun nbe cry

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ronaldo, Fernandez, Salah Lead FIFA Premier League Team Of The Season / Greenwood Is 3rd Youngest Utd PL Scorer & Youngest Player To Score This Season / Antonio Rudiger Agrees Personal Terms To Join Real Madrid This Summer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.