Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,849 members, 7,956,180 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 07:09 AM

Need Critics For My First Graphic Work (a flyer) - Art, Graphics & Video - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / Need Critics For My First Graphic Work (a flyer) (2204 Views)

Paying For The Best Graphic Work / Backgrounds For Graphic Work / My New Flyer Design (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Need Critics For My First Graphic Work (a flyer) by Dewze(m): 12:12pm On Mar 08, 2013
hi everyone, i have just started to learn graphic designing and i must say i that i am still a big time novice in it, but i believe i have the talent and ideas to make some interesting contributions. this bellow is the first work i have done. it was done with Photoshop.

I'm still a bit slow on delivery but i am usually happy with how it turns out eventually. it's taken me almost 2 weeks to get it to this stage, for i had to think and learn on the fly almost every step all the way. so, as you would notice it's not complete yet, cause i still have to place a photo on the space at the right and clean up the typographic error looking fonts toward the bottom (they were caused by the blending options i applied on the text).

The design is original. except for the words, no other design content or idea is borrowed.

I hope you like it. my email is mocnirvana99@yahoo.co.uk.

a bit of constructive criticism of my first work would be highly appreciated. Thank you all.

Re: Need Critics For My First Graphic Work (a flyer) by velo10: 2:20pm On Mar 08, 2013
I remember my first graphic design was similar to yours too. Can you enrol in a school or work in a design organisation so you can understand the rudimentary of Graphic Design? That will pay you like it did to me.
Re: Need Critics For My First Graphic Work (a flyer) by Dewze(m): 6:51pm On Mar 08, 2013
Thanks a lot velo for the tip. A schl is something tht is deeply on my mind. Just dont know any in particular here in lagos tht would help, considering the financial cost. I would like to earn some while learning on the job at thesame time. Like a freelancer kind. Doesn't matter the amount for now.
I would strongly appreciate it if you give me some recommendations or a bit more advice on this.
Re: Need Critics For My First Graphic Work (a flyer) by spywareczar(m): 7:26pm On Mar 08, 2013
My advice is, try ãήϑ learn coreldraw too, ωϊ† D̶̲̥̅̊ knowledge of both corel ãήϑ photoshop plus u̶̲̥̅̊​r̶̲̥̅̊ creativity, Ɣøµ'll sure be a good graphic designer, Ɣøµ can all use both softwares on one job
Re: Need Critics For My First Graphic Work (a flyer) by velo10: 5:24am On Mar 09, 2013
Dewze: Thanks a lot velo for the tip. A schl is something tht is deeply on my mind. Just dont know any in particular here in lagos tht would help, considering the financial cost. I would like to earn some while learning on the job at thesame time. Like a freelancer kind. Doesn't matter the amount for now.
I would strongly appreciate it if you give me some recommendations or a bit more advice on this.

How about going to Shomolu(home of printing), look for a Graphic artist you can work with and learn from for like 2-3 months. You may have to pay him something but it's worthwhile.
Re: Need Critics For My First Graphic Work (a flyer) by GraphicsPlus(m): 7:24am On Mar 09, 2013
Look at how stupid some nigerians can be. So u ar just starting out and u hav the gut to criticize photo manipulation, which u no nothing about. Well, i dont blame u. I shouldnt hav bothered replying u.
Re: Need Critics For My First Graphic Work (a flyer) by Dewze(m): 8:05am On Mar 09, 2013
@velo I ll consider shomolu. Thanks ones more.

@spywareczar i am grateful tht a guy like u wuld contribute to this. I ve seen a lot of ur works and they r realy inspiring. Ur tip is well noted bro. Thank u.

My bro graphicplus thanks a lot 4 d tip.
Yes i just started graphic designing, but tht don't mean i don't ve the eyes to see when something is wrong with a work (i do nt think u need to know much to be able to do tht). Like i mentioned in my initial post, i ve got the inherent talent and ideas. Even a total novice shld see there is something wrong with tht photo.
I dont see wht's to gain claiming i dont know even when i know. Tht is bad business. It shld be d other way around.
I beleive my comment on tht photo was a positive one. I honestly did nt mean to ruffle any feather on tht.
So pls cool steam brother. Let us continue to help ourselves.
Re: Need Critics For My First Graphic Work (a flyer) by spywareczar(m): 8:16am On Mar 09, 2013
GraphicsPlus: Look at how stupid some nigerians can be. So u ar just starting out and u hav the gut to criticize photo manipulation, which u no nothing about. Well, i dont blame u. I shouldnt hav bothered replying u.
W̶̲̥̅̊ǝ̩̥ all know that manipulation is an absolute crap, its not realistic enof, if D̶̲̥̅̊ man in D̶̲̥̅̊ pool should com out, imagine his size
Re: Need Critics For My First Graphic Work (a flyer) by lightheart(m): 1:16pm On Mar 09, 2013
GraphicsPlus: Look at how stupid some nigerians can be. So u ar just starting out and u hav the gut to criticize photo manipulation, which u no nothing about. Well, i dont blame u. I shouldnt hav bothered replying u.

U don go fry ur brain again? cheesy
Re: Need Critics For My First Graphic Work (a flyer) by GraphicsPlus(m): 3:16pm On Mar 09, 2013
U want me to talk to u, i will not.
Re: Need Critics For My First Graphic Work (a flyer) by lightheart(m): 5:14pm On Mar 09, 2013
GraphicsPlus: U want me to talk to u, i will not.

Hehehe. U should talk to me jor!
I'm ur friend jare...
smiley
Re: Need Critics For My First Graphic Work (a flyer) by Dewze(m): 6:14pm On Mar 09, 2013
@everyone more criticism of d work itself wuld be more like it. Some commendations wld be liked but i need a knowlegable graphic designer to talk a bit abt the font syle, arrangement, choice of color, anything not quit sitting right, things like tht. I need to know exactly where to improve on. Thanks again to uall.
Re: Need Critics For My First Graphic Work (a flyer) by velo10: 10:33am On Mar 10, 2013
@Dewze, email me. I could impart a little.
Re: Need Critics For My First Graphic Work (a flyer) by jljunayd1: 8:36am On Mar 12, 2013
To me goin to a schl for graphics especially on aw it is done here is not rilly neccessary,i'll say u shud go to d roots,all dis shops doing it 24/7,onipan,shomolu or any printing press,and if u talkn photography graphics,trust me go to a photogrphy lab
Re: Need Critics For My First Graphic Work (a flyer) by jljunayd1: 8:40am On Mar 12, 2013
To me goin to a schl for graphics especially on aw it is done here is not rilly neccessary,i'll say u shud go to d roots,all dis shops doing it 24/7,onipan,shomolu or any printing press,and if u talkn photography graphics,trust me go to a photogrphy lab,i started wit corel draw,but on d long run i found out adobe is d deal
Re: Need Critics For My First Graphic Work (a flyer) by Dewze(m): 7:00pm On Mar 12, 2013
Thanks ji junayd for d input. I also feell going to the 'roots' will help me more. My question is; will these places u mentioned teach me graphic designing without me havin to do an apprentiship?
Re: Need Critics For My First Graphic Work (a flyer) by VillageBoi(m): 8:00pm On Mar 12, 2013
I don't know anything about graphic design but I don't think it looks bad at all. The only thing I personally don't like na the green & white colours - too many things in Naija na green & white.
Re: Need Critics For My First Graphic Work (a flyer) by lightheart(m): 6:20am On Mar 13, 2013
Dewze: Thanks ji junayd for d input. I also feell going to the 'roots' will help me more. My question is; will these places u mentioned teach me graphic designing without me havin to do an apprentiship?

Na who no go, no know.

Go 1st, discuss and see what options you are availed.
GET MOVING ALREADY!
Re: Need Critics For My First Graphic Work (a flyer) by AKO1(m): 7:31pm On Mar 19, 2013
Not a bad first-time effort overall!

I like your font choices.

I agree that it's too green, maybe an outline with a complimentary colour (gold, yellow, orange) around the central text could help.

I don't see why you shouldn't capitalize the first letters of words in the very first line.

There are proofreading snags, like an f before Gymnasium, no plus sign before the very last phone number, Covenant spelt incorrectly (unless for some weird reason the group chose to misspell their name). With all these, if I am your client, I won't hire you again.

The text of the venue and artistes are aligned left but the date is aligned centrally, you should be consistent.

It's good that you didn't use any corny or cliche images of wedding rings, a white couple hugging each other on the beach, etc.

1 Like

Re: Need Critics For My First Graphic Work (a flyer) by felicoobe: 1:17pm On Sep 07, 2013
I Need To Convert A Logo To 3d...can Someone Help and how much will it cost, these is the logo below.

Re: Need Critics For My First Graphic Work (a flyer) by Dewze(m): 10:06am On Sep 08, 2013
felicoobe: I Need To Convert A Logo To 3d...can Someone Help and how much will it cost, these is the logo below.

N1000.
Re: Need Critics For My First Graphic Work (a flyer) by Goldenheart(m): 4:54pm On Sep 09, 2013
This crap isn't a logo... Its a nightmare

(1) (Reply)

The Beautiful Art Of Benin Kingdom / Order You 3d Cartoon Now / Largeformat Printing Service

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.