Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,952 members, 7,824,988 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 10:39 PM

How Do I Collect Pchn Bills, Sell Recharge Cards And Nsl Fees On A Site? - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / How Do I Collect Pchn Bills, Sell Recharge Cards And Nsl Fees On A Site? (5734 Views)

5 Lies You Need To STOP Telling Yourself As A Site Owner / Follow This Link To Collect Your PVC For Those Who Have Not Collect There Own, / Selling Recharge Cards Online (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Collect Pchn Bills, Sell Recharge Cards And Nsl Fees On A Site? by brushparke(m): 12:55pm On Mar 22, 2008
I have to put together a website for my client and on it, he wants users to be able to Pay their PHCN bills, buy recharge cards, purchase National Sports lottery tickets (NSL) etc.

Now the problem is, how? I know it might entail signing to form of contract with these companies.
How do i go about that.
How do i make it possible for people to buy recharge cards on these sites. Just like prepaidnigeria, how do we get the recharge cards to sell?

Please i will welcome any contributions.
If you can help out and want to contact me, i will be glad to hear from you.

Email- brushparke@yahoo.com Tel: 08064010730
Re: How Do I Collect Pchn Bills, Sell Recharge Cards And Nsl Fees On A Site? by webguru(m): 4:52pm On Mar 22, 2008
i once was tinkerin wt designin my recharge site

for nepa etc; u'll have to meet them

for recharge, security and dbase design is d problem

if u can pay, i may mail u

otherwise why ask pple to call or mail u

wanna use interswitch, get 150,000 or see earlier posts on subjects
Re: How Do I Collect Pchn Bills, Sell Recharge Cards And Nsl Fees On A Site? by tundewoods(m): 10:43pm On Mar 22, 2008
Now lets start by asking if your client is actually a finance institution ?I am actually curious to know why on earth he would want users to be able to pay their PHCN bills online,well that by the way.

I think the issue you are facing is actually not understanding and being able to give your so called client the desired consultation or consulting services that is expected of mordern web /internet e-commerce forcused professionals.

Well i presume your client has little knowledge about dot coms or online businesses well getting straight to the point.

Yes,i believe you need to understand what is achievable and what is wishful thinking or chasing the wind.

Paying bills online as far as i know by a third party website is not possible.However selling or vending online recharge cards is very possible and maybe the NSL tickets depending on the outcome of a formal visit to the NSL office.

You certainly have to visit the NSL office to be able to acertain if you can get franchise to sell or vend the tickets online.

However the issue of an online recharge vending website like prepaid nigeria or recharge nigeria is very much achievable if you truly understand the logic behind implemeting such a dot com venture.

In my own view here are the steps.

1. Plan and design the look and feel of your website interface
2. Create a database with the following table
a.] registered users / customers b.] secured recharge pins c.] purchase carts / orders
3. Purchase Bulk recharge Pins of the major GSM & CDMA operators
4. Purchase or develop a custom shopping cart to track the purchase of required pins
5. Set up an Interswitch Web pay account for 150,000 sad
6. Develop your custom application that redirects and delivers the pins to users if their interswitch transaction was successful

Well if your client got money to spend,your e-vending site should alteast be running with out much hassles as well as the NSL vending but PHCN may be chasing shadows.
Re: How Do I Collect Pchn Bills, Sell Recharge Cards And Nsl Fees On A Site? by Afam(m): 11:03pm On Mar 22, 2008
Excellent response. Nothing to add.
Re: How Do I Collect Pchn Bills, Sell Recharge Cards And Nsl Fees On A Site? by syskay(m): 3:32pm On Mar 23, 2008
tundewoods:

Well if your client got money to spend,your e-vending site should alteast be running with out much hassles as well as the NSL vending but PHCN may be chasing shadows.

It is not chasing shadows. Residents of Abuja can now buy prepaid Units online for their prepaid meters. Sites like ReloadNg.com and prepaidNigeria.com sell PHCN prepaid credits.
Re: How Do I Collect Pchn Bills, Sell Recharge Cards And Nsl Fees On A Site? by tundewoods(m): 10:18pm On Mar 23, 2008
@syskay
Buying prepaid PHCN units online is a totally different thing from paying PHCN bills online.The simple fact is this.I totally believe that Mr. brushparke knows little or nothing about the implementation of the ecommerced based solution that hi s client is asking for.

If he did he would have rightly used the term "Purchase prepaid PHCN units" instead of using the term pay for "PHCN bills online".
Re: How Do I Collect Pchn Bills, Sell Recharge Cards And Nsl Fees On A Site? by brushparke(m): 4:32pm On Mar 24, 2008
@tundewoods
Thanks for your posts. I can't but say it is very informative. Of course thanks also for the bashing cry grin
I Guess what i meant to say was PHCN prepaid units, since i was not aware PHCN now allows commercial dealership of it's prepaid Units.
That does not mean i have no idea of what i want.To better put it, I have not done it before.
I really appreciate your idea of what the database should look like. To put it more clearly, what i am really interested in knowing is the Money side of it. What will it cost to strike this deals with the various parties involved?
I want to know:
1. Like the Recharge card thing, will i have to purchase recharge cards and upload the PINs to my database, or can i have a deal with the dealers to make such PINs available for me to vend online. In other words, make some payment as security deposits but actually have access to recharge cards far above the amount deposited.

Same for the PHCN Units and NSL tickets. I want to know if anyone knows exactly what needs to be done. Not whether someone knows how it should be done.

I am willing to work with you on this if i can get an answer that's a solutions. Thanks for all your contributions so far.
Re: How Do I Collect Pchn Bills, Sell Recharge Cards And Nsl Fees On A Site? by webguru(m): 6:27pm On Mar 24, 2008
i see u're tryin to do ur research for an offline business online

u need to get out there on the field

i can bet u that no one will givw u such info for free

why nt go to their office, they cant bite wink

get ur hands wet, like someone wld say
Re: How Do I Collect Pchn Bills, Sell Recharge Cards And Nsl Fees On A Site? by brushparke(m): 9:31am On Mar 25, 2008
Well thanks guys. Information, i thought that was the essence of a forum. Are you telling me that all the info people post on forum this forum are crap? I never knew that.

I guess i'll do just as you've said.
Re: How Do I Collect Pchn Bills, Sell Recharge Cards And Nsl Fees On A Site? by smartsoft(m): 9:42am On Mar 25, 2008
mind your words !
Re: How Do I Collect Pchn Bills, Sell Recharge Cards And Nsl Fees On A Site? by naijafan(m): 10:37am On Mar 30, 2008
smartsoft:

mind your words !
  grin

@brushparke
As regards the recharge vouchers and PHCN cards. . . I suggest you look into a solution offered by ReloadNG. They help integrate their cart and payment process with your site. They've done this with smslive247.com, dudumobile.com, mynaijanews.com, etc. Following that model, you earn per transaction on your site. Plus you have an admin console to view purchases done via your site.

If you would like to manage your shopping cart process yourself, there is an API provided that allows you to yank PINs off their DB on-demand at low costs. Legwork.com.ng went for this option. But this would imply that you develop and manage your cart and buyer payment process yourself.

In your own case, i suggest you go with the first option as you wouldnt have to deal with cases of stolen debit cards being used on your site. ReloadNG takes care of all that.
Re: How Do I Collect Pchn Bills, Sell Recharge Cards And Nsl Fees On A Site? by brushparke(m): 11:30pm On Apr 01, 2008
Thanks Naijafan.

I think you just hit the nail on the head

Your reply is quite practical and i'm glad

I'll check them out and see what they've got

to offer.

(1) (Reply)

How To Create A Social Networking Site Like Facebook Using Wapka / What Precisely Is Cloud Hosting? / 4 New Breathtaking Difficulties You Won't Escape As A Writer/Blogger[WHAT TO DO]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.