Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,176 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:00 AM

Quit Giving Monies To Your Churches Every Sundays "If Not" Used In God's Way - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Quit Giving Monies To Your Churches Every Sundays "If Not" Used In God's Way (1095 Views)

Ese Walter Denounces Jesus, Says She No Longer Believes In God / Is It Really Compulsory To Go To Church On Sundays?? / 10 Reasons Why Lagosians Go To Church On Sundays (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Quit Giving Monies To Your Churches Every Sundays "If Not" Used In God's Way by Goshen360(m): 6:49am On Mar 09, 2013
Many Christians had being indoctrinated with false teachings to believe we cannot questions how monies collected in our worship places every Sundays are being utilized. They say, just give and forget about how or what the monies are spent on\for BUT looking into the word of God, scriptures teaches otherwise by telling us how and what monies collected are being used for, contrary to the false teachings\doctrines of men in these end time. Today, I want to unfold the truth of God's word following a video (below) I watched and my passion for my country, Nigeria; and the poor masses, Christians inclusive.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9oh63k9vhBg?hl=en

Extract from the video:

Naive and desperate people all over the world are being exploited with the promise of a 'miracle' from God. This short film follows a 3 day event showing the pastor Benny Hinn's live event to 'cure' his audience with the promise to change their lives. Many are skeptical, including a Catholic priest who warns against these 'con men' who earn in excess of $100 million dollars a year from poor fraught people who struggle to make ends meet living off a dollar a day. How can these people get away with giving false hope, empty promises and fake miracles?

New International Version (©1984)
Now about the collection for God's people: Do what I told the Galatian churches to do. On the first day of every week, each one of you should set aside a sum of money in keeping with his income, saving it up, so that when I come no collections will have to be made. Then, when I arrive, I will give letters of introduction to the men you approve and send them with your gift to Jerusalem. 1 Corinthians 16:1

Whenever I study scriptures, I ask questions. Question: Who were these God's people (saints) and why would they need 'contributions\collections'? Let's allow scriptures to interpret scriptures. First, these saints or God's people are in Jerusalem as seen in context, verse 3 - 'with your gift to Jerusalem'.

Second, why would they need 'contributions\collections' so much that Apostle Paul would have to give Apostolic instructions for the church in Corinth to have 'weekly' contributions\collections for them? Because they are the poor Christians and it is the Apostolic tradition of the early church to share within themselves in fellowship. These saints\God's people refers, doubtless, to persecuted Christians in Jerusalem; they were generally poor, and exposed to various trials. Scripture parallels and uses the same word 'collection\contribution' with the circumstances and occasion of this collection in Romans 15:25-26,

New International Version 1984
25Now, however, I am on my way to Jerusalem in the service of the saints there. 26For Macedonia and Achaia were pleased to make a contribution for the poor among the saints in Jerusalem.

Today, what do we see in our churches following the poverty rate of Christians in our country? Preachers\Pastors collect Sunday Sunday collections without meeting the needs of the poor among themselves. Scriptures says the collection is FOR THE SAINTS, and we found out they are the poor saints within the body of Christ though in Jerusalem at that time. We neither worship in Jerusalem anymore (John 4:19-21).

"If" your church or worship place is not using the Sunday Sunday collections to meet the needs of the poor within themselves as instructed in God's word, it's time to quit giving to a religious organization that doesn't act the mind of God. There're many churches all over the country and yet, many poor within the churches; yet nothing is done to these poor people of God as seen from the video above. There're many poor Christians that collections in churches ought to be utilized to free them or empower them from the grip of poverty.

The collections 'for saints' in scriptures were never contributed to fuel the extravagant lifestyles of preachers\pastors but for the poor among believers. Hence, if your church is not doing the will of God, quit giving your money to her weekly! However, these is not to mean monies collected cannot meet other needs of the churches but the poor amongst God's people should be in the top priorities.

3 Likes

Re: Quit Giving Monies To Your Churches Every Sundays "If Not" Used In God's Way by FXKing2012(m): 7:19am On Mar 09, 2013
[b] Yes, church contributions should be made in order to help the poor in the church as demonstrated in Acts 5: 1-11.

As well as Acts 4: 32-35
32 And the congregation of those who believed were of one heart and soul; and not one of them claimed that anything belonging to him was his own; but all things were common property to them.

33 And with great power the apostles were giving witness to the resurrection of the Lord Jesus, and abundant grace was upon them all.

34 For there was not a needy person among them, for all who were owners of land or houses would sell them and bring the proceeds of the sales,

35 and lay them at the apostles’ feet; and they would be distributed to each, as any had need.

But a priest is also permitted to live off church contributions according to 1Cor. 9: 11-14
11 If we have sown unto you spiritual things, is it a great thing if we shall reap your material things?

12 If others be partakers of this right over you, are not we rather? Nevertheless we have not used this right; but endure all things, lest we should hinder the gospel of Christ.

13 Do you not know that they who minister about holy things live of the things of the temple? and they who wait at the altar are partakers with the altar?

14 Even so has the Lord ordained that they who preach the gospel should live of the gospel.

So a pastor making his living off church contributions is not contrary to God's Word.
[/b]

3 Likes

Re: Quit Giving Monies To Your Churches Every Sundays "If Not" Used In God's Way by ZUBY77(m): 7:50am On Mar 09, 2013
Any Pastor or /prophet in Nigeria who is worth 10 mllion naira is a 419
Re: Quit Giving Monies To Your Churches Every Sundays "If Not" Used In God's Way by Yooguyz: 8:20am On Mar 09, 2013
you can get eternal life by raising up your hands, you can prosper financially by praying but please just send me 50 dollars
*playful mode activated*
Re: Quit Giving Monies To Your Churches Every Sundays "If Not" Used In God's Way by inspiredbyGOD(m): 9:14am On Mar 09, 2013
Great piece there. Couldn't have said it better.
Re: Quit Giving Monies To Your Churches Every Sundays "If Not" Used In God's Way by tobechi20(m): 4:20pm On Mar 09, 2013
haw d we diffrentiate between church that used their mioney in God way and otherwise,
Re: Quit Giving Monies To Your Churches Every Sundays "If Not" Used In God's Way by Candour(m): 5:34am On Mar 10, 2013
InesQor:

There is a large difference between making a living off charity, and inappropriate use of public funds.

Many cases observed in churches are the latter.

As long as it is public charity funds especially since it is not taxed, it is meant to be used MINIMALLY for personal things.

correct word.Needy people in church are given some mudu of rice each from church funds in the name of catering for saints.Pastor acquires a prado jeep from church collections too also in the name of catering for God's people,how do they match?

the ostentatious lifestyle of pastors cannot be justified using the bible
Re: Quit Giving Monies To Your Churches Every Sundays "If Not" Used In God's Way by shdemidemi(m): 6:09am On Mar 13, 2013
Like...good job
Re: Quit Giving Monies To Your Churches Every Sundays "If Not" Used In God's Way by crossman9(m): 2:57am On Mar 29, 2013
Re: Quit Giving Monies To Your Churches Every Sundays "If Not" Used In God's Way by Nobody: 5:15am On Mar 29, 2013
There also a place of partnership in ministry. Philippians
Chapter 1

1 Paul and Timothy, slaves 2 of Christ Jesus, to all the holy ones in Christ Jesus who are in Philippi, with the overseers and ministers:
grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ. 3
4 I give thanks to my God at every remembrance of you,
praying always with joy in my every prayer for all of you,
because of your partnership for the gospel from the first day until now.

(1) (Reply)

Deeperlife Ebooks, Mp3s & Other Resources Now Online For Free Downloads / 10 Things Science Cannot Do But Jesus Can / The Concept Of Immortal Soul Is Of The Devil

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.