Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,357 members, 7,812,014 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:15 AM

Standard Cake Recipe - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Standard Cake Recipe (3224 Views)

Fruit Cake Recipe / Please Can Someone Give Me The Traditional Nigerian Cake Recipe? / Cake Recipe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Standard Cake Recipe by chikk(f): 10:02am On Mar 09, 2013
Pls, can someone help me with a good cake recipe? I know there might be a thread for it somewhere here, but I've searched and couldn't find anything related to that. But if u can give me a link to a good thread, I'll appreciate that too. Also, try as much as u can to be clear on the steps and measurements. Not like I must follow them accurately, but I wouldn't want to start weighing every damn thing. I'm in nigeria, lbs/grms/kg don't quite work well. Pls. Thanks
Re: Standard Cake Recipe by hazureal(f): 2:37pm On Mar 09, 2013
Try
funtaqa./funtaqa-food-recipe/
Re: Standard Cake Recipe by yomibabe(f): 3:12pm On Mar 09, 2013
Even if you are given a recipe it won't still work out for you and that's the mistake a lot of people make. Giving you a recipe is not the same as watching someone do it live. I'll advice you if u can to attend my class coming up on the 23rd of dis month in surulere for just #4000 where I'll be teaching how to make 3 different kinds of cake. Its all practical live. And you won't regret it. For more info call me on 08155532088 or 08098732831
Re: Standard Cake Recipe by Nobody: 3:21pm On Mar 10, 2013
yomibabe: Even if you are given a recipe it won't still work out for you and that's the mistake a lot of people make. Giving you a recipe is not the same as watching someone do it live. I'll advice you if u can to attend my class coming up on the 23rd of dis month in surulere for just #4000 where I'll be teaching how to make 3 different kinds of cake. Its all practical live. And you won't regret it. For more info call me on 08155532088 or 08098732831
I totally disagree with you. the key to making cakes is getting the measurement right.
@op, if you want to see how its made, there are loads of videos on YouTube.

3 Likes

Re: Standard Cake Recipe by Dreamsinbc(f): 4:59pm On Mar 10, 2013
^^^this. Also check out my blog www.frostedbakeshopng..com. I put up an easy vanilla cake recipe. Even if you don't want to weigh, you need to have standard measuring cups.
Re: Standard Cake Recipe by chikk(f): 5:47pm On Mar 10, 2013
Thanks everyone. I'm so grateful! Ur contributions helped especially the links. Thanks a lot dreamsinbc, hazureal and honey86. @yomibabe, thanks too. I'm quite sure u know that what u said about 'not being able to learn without seeing someone make it' is not true. But I understand its all about ur pockets here, otherwise, u know it wouldn't hurt u to drop a hint as someone who's into it. Nevertheless, if u can pay for my flight tickets, I'll be sure to even pay u 10k to 'watch' u bake. Happy sunday y'all!

1 Like

Re: Standard Cake Recipe by chikk(f): 5:48pm On Mar 10, 2013
Oh! And for the record, I'm in abuja(in case u decide to pay for my tickets) grin
Re: Standard Cake Recipe by Nobody: 9:05pm On Mar 11, 2013
there are tons of baking websites and blogs where you can find any cake recipe you like. If you tell us what kind of cake (flavour) you want maybe it will be possible to help you.
Re: Standard Cake Recipe by chikk(f): 1:46pm On Sep 06, 2013
miss-sweety86:
there are tons of baking websites and blogs where you can find any cake recipe you like. If you tell us what kind of cake (flavour) you want maybe it will be possible to help you.

Chocolate cakes. And I don't mean chocolate-flavoured o, but real, yummy chocolate cakes. Tasted a handful, love it and I wanna try my hands at baking it!
Re: Standard Cake Recipe by ibizgirl(f): 5:58pm On Sep 06, 2013
Then you need to visit http://auntysazzy..com/2013/08/moist-chocolate-sponge-cake.html

chikk:

Chocolate cakes. And I don't mean chocolate-flavoured o, but real, yummy chocolate cakes. Tasted a handful, love it and I wanna try my hands at baking it!
Re: Standard Cake Recipe by Meddler(f): 7:51pm On Sep 06, 2013
http://m.foodnetwork.com/recipes/36337
this is hands down the best chocolate cake ever in my opinion. u can make this in ur sleep. I'm not kidding. its by far the easiest cake I've made and its "idiot proof" (forgive my language). u cannot screw it up even if u tried and believe me I have tried.

(1) (Reply)

Small Chops, Cocktails And Pastry Made Easy / 5 Best Recommended Pressure Cookers To Buy / How To Decorate Cake With Butter Cream Icing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.