Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,341 members, 7,822,614 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:51 PM

Why Do Religions Dislike Apostates? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do Religions Dislike Apostates? (1662 Views)

Ancestral Religion Versus Imported Religions / Crackdown On Christian “Apostates” In Iran / Why Do So Many Nigerians Dislike Rich Pastors? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Religions Dislike Apostates? by Nobody: 12:53pm On Mar 09, 2013

Christianity

Luke 8:11–13 –
Now the parable is this: The seed is the word of God. The ones along the path are those who have heard; then the devil comes and takes away the word from their hearts, so that they may not believe and be saved. And the ones on the rock are those who, when they hear the word, receive it with joy. But these have no root; they believe for a while, and in time of testing fall away. (ESV)
==========================================================================

Islam
Sahih Bukhari Volume 9, Book 83, Number 17:
Narrated 'Abdullah:

Allah's Apostle said, "The blood of a Muslim who confesses that none has the right to be worshipped but Allah and that I am His Apostle, cannot be shed except in three cases: In Qisas for murder, a married person who commits illegal sexual intercourse and the one who reverts from Islam (apostate) and leaves the Muslims."

Qur'an 3:90-91
Lo! those who disbelieve after their (profession of) belief, and afterward grow violent in disbelief: their repentance will not be accepted. And such are those who are astray. Lo! those who disbelieve, and die in disbelief, the (whole) earth full of gold would not be accepted from such an one if it were offered as a ransom (for his soul). Theirs will be a painful doom and they will have no helpers.

Sahih Bukhari 9:84:57
Some Zanadiqa (atheists) were brought to 'Ali and he burnt them. The news of this event, reached Ibn 'Abbas who said, "If I had been in his place, I would not have burnt them, as Allah's Apostle forbade it, saying, 'Do not punish anybody with Allah's punishment (fire).' I would have killed them according to the statement of Allah's Apostle, 'Whoever changed his Islamic religion, then kill him
================================================================================

Judaism and Christianity (old Testament)

Deuteronomy 13:6-11,
"If your very own brother, or your son or daughter, or the wife you love, or your closest friend secretly entices you, saying, "Let us go and worship other gods" (gods that neither you nor your fathers have known, gods of the peoples around you, whether near or far, from one end of the land to the other), do not yield to him or listen to him. Show him no pity. Do not spare him or shield him. You must certainly put him to death. Your hand must be the first in putting him to death, and then the hands of all the people. Stone him to death, because he tried to turn you away from the LORD your God, who brought you out of Egypt, out of the land of slavery. Then all Israel will hear and be afraid, and no one among you will do such an evil thing again."

2 Chronicles 15:12-13 NAB
They entered into a covenant to seek the Lord, the God of their fathers, with all their heart and soul; and everyone who would not seek the Lord, the God of Israel, was to be put to death, whether small or great, whether man or woman.

========================================================================

Summary

These 3 holy either punish you with death for not following their God or claim that you have sin or spirits causing you to disbelieve or call on their God to punish you in the afterlife for disbelief.

So sad cry
Re: Why Do Religions Dislike Apostates? by k2039: 1:07pm On Mar 09, 2013
[size=13pt] pele
[/size]

1 Like

Re: Why Do Religions Dislike Apostates? by Nobody: 1:08pm On Mar 09, 2013
k2039: [size=13pt] pele
[/size]

I need more consolation than that. smiley
Re: Why Do Religions Dislike Apostates? by k2039: 1:22pm On Mar 09, 2013
Logicboy03:

I need more consolation than that. smiley
[size=13pt] You can also make a law for all those who believe in a deity to be shot.
[/size]
Re: Why Do Religions Dislike Apostates? by Alfamann: 1:26pm On Mar 09, 2013
You Logicboy sef. What else do you expect them to say? Disbelief is a threat to their existence
Re: Why Do Religions Dislike Apostates? by Nobody: 1:28pm On Mar 09, 2013
k2039: [size=13pt] You can also make a law for all those who believe in a deity to be shot.
[/size]

Difference between atheists/secular humanists and Abramic religion's followers.

Secularism allows for all faiths to live together. We dont care about killing unbelievers.
Re: Why Do Religions Dislike Apostates? by Nobody: 1:29pm On Mar 09, 2013
Alfamann: You Logicboy sef. What else do you expect them to say? Disbelief is a threat to their existence

Which is very sad. The verses are there for all to see.

How can one follow a belief that condemns others for not following the belief?
Re: Why Do Religions Dislike Apostates? by Nobody: 10:27pm On Mar 09, 2013
hmmm
Re: Why Do Religions Dislike Apostates? by turnstoner(m): 9:53am On Mar 10, 2013
Logicboy03:

Dont mind them.
They are not well people grin

1 Like

Re: Why Do Religions Dislike Apostates? by cyrexx: 2:49pm On Mar 10, 2013
Logicboy03:

What surprises me is how the imaginary OMNIPOTENT ALLPOWERFUL Yahweh /Allah is UNABLE to woo everyone to believe him but depends on his faithful servants to impose beliefs about him on others to the extent of killing apostates. Can't his omnipotent power be used to make everyone believe him? It speaks volumes so loudly that IT IS HUMANS LIKE YOU AND ME WHO CREATED THESE GODS AND IT'S HUMANS LIKE YOU AND ME THAT PERPETUATES HIS EXISTENCE IN THE MINDS OF OTHER HUMANS.

It's safe to say with Neil that it's actually God who looks down and worship us, cos we created him..

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Religions Dislike Apostates? by Nobody: 6:16pm On Mar 10, 2013
cyrexx:

What surprises me is how the imaginary OMNIPOTENT ALLPOWERFUL Yahweh /Allah is UNABLE to woo everyone to believe him but depends on his faithful servants to impose beliefs about him on others to the extent of killing apostates. Can't his omnipotent power be used to make everyone believe him? It speaks volumes so loudly that IT IS HUMANS LIKE YOU AND ME WHO CREATED THESE GODS AND IT'S HUMANS LIKE YOU AND ME THAT PERPETUATES HIS EXISTENCE IN THE MINDS OF OTHER HUMANS.

It's safe to say with Neil that it's actually God who looks down and worship us, cos we created him..

gbam

www.nairaland.com/attachments/1018834_Neil_t_g_we_created_god_jpg7e96f9c16423d9cfa0e1e9ed953ec617
Re: Why Do Religions Dislike Apostates? by Image123(m): 10:21pm On Mar 10, 2013
Truth is exclusive.
Re: Why Do Religions Dislike Apostates? by Nobody: 11:53pm On Mar 10, 2013
Image123: Truth is exclusive.

Truth is not exclusive.

However, religions and cults are exclusive and segregationist
Re: Why Do Religions Dislike Apostates? by Image123(m): 9:41am On Mar 11, 2013
Logicboy03:

Truth is not exclusive.

is your statement exclusive or my opinions can go along?
Re: Why Do Religions Dislike Apostates? by Nobody: 12:00pm On Mar 11, 2013
Image123:
is your statement exclusive or my opinions can go along?

Re: Why Do Religions Dislike Apostates? by Image123(m): 9:04pm On Mar 11, 2013
Logicboy03:

oh, you got stumped? Answer the question, or hopefully you now agree to sane logic?
Re: Why Do Religions Dislike Apostates? by Nobody: 9:05pm On Mar 11, 2013
Image123:
oh, you got stumped? Answer the question, or hopefully you now agree to sane logic?

I dont understand what you are asking smiley
Re: Why Do Religions Dislike Apostates? by Image123(m): 10:03pm On Mar 11, 2013
Logicboy03:

I dont understand what you are asking smiley
you said,
Logicboy03:

Truth is not exclusive.

And I'm asking you if that statement is exclusive, so is it?
Re: Why Do Religions Dislike Apostates? by Nobody: 10:06pm On Mar 11, 2013
Image123:
you said,

And I'm asking you if that statement is exclusive, so is it?

exclusive to what?

Religions are exclusive to unbelievers.

How is my statement exclusive? To who or what?
Re: Why Do Religions Dislike Apostates? by Image123(m): 10:36pm On Mar 11, 2013
Logicboy03:

exclusive to what?

Religions are exclusive to unbelievers.

How is my statement exclusive? To who or what?
Calm down, you don't want to rupture anything at your tender age. i said truth is exclusive, you said truth is not exclusive. Now, i'm asking to know if your statement is exclusive. You know the meaning of the word 'exclusive', right?
Re: Why Do Religions Dislike Apostates? by Nobody: 10:42pm On Mar 11, 2013
Image123:
Calm down, you don't want to rupture anything at your tender age. i said truth is exclusive, you said truth is not exclusive. Now, i'm asking to know if your statement is exclusive. You know the meaning of the word 'exclusive', right?

I know what "exclusive" means. However, something has to be exclusive to something.

Religion to unbelievers

God to athiests.

Asking if my comment is exclusive makes no sense. Exclusive to what?
Re: Why Do Religions Dislike Apostates? by Image123(m): 12:08am On Mar 12, 2013
Logicboy03:

I know what "exclusive" means. However, something has to be exclusive to something.

Religion to unbelievers

God to athiests.

Asking if my comment is exclusive makes no sense. Exclusive to what?
Truth is not exclusive to what?
Re: Why Do Religions Dislike Apostates? by Nobody: 12:40am On Mar 12, 2013
Image123:
Truth is not exclusive to what?

Everyone. Truth is universal.
Re: Why Do Religions Dislike Apostates? by Image123(m): 1:09am On Mar 12, 2013
Logicboy03:

Everyone. Truth is universal.

Therefore, anything not exclusive to everyone and anything universal is truth? like Christianity, Islam and atheism?
Re: Why Do Religions Dislike Apostates? by Nobody: 1:22am On Mar 12, 2013
Image123:
Therefore, anything not exclusive to everyone and anything universal is truth? like Christianity, Islam and atheism?

lmao.....you didnt fail logic, logic failed you!

How you arrived at that conclusion beats me.....
Re: Why Do Religions Dislike Apostates? by Image123(m): 1:29am On Mar 12, 2013
Logicboy03:

lmao.....you didnt fail logic, logic failed you!

How you arrived at that conclusion beats me.....
It's a question, not a conclusion. You need to appreciate the value of question marks. Do you agree that truth is exclusive?
Re: Why Do Religions Dislike Apostates? by Nobody: 1:34am On Mar 12, 2013
Image123:
It's a question, not a conclusion. You need to appreciate the value of question marks. Do you agree that truth is exclusive?

Truth is not exclusive.
Re: Why Do Religions Dislike Apostates? by Image123(m): 2:02am On Mar 12, 2013
Logicboy03:

Truth is not exclusive.

Is this statement truth?
Re: Why Do Religions Dislike Apostates? by Nobody: 2:12am On Mar 12, 2013
Image123:
Is this statement truth?

True*
Re: Why Do Religions Dislike Apostates? by Image123(m): 2:23am On Mar 12, 2013
Logicboy03:

True*

Is the statement exclusive?
Re: Why Do Religions Dislike Apostates? by Nobody: 9:38pm On Mar 12, 2013
@Image123

My brother, once someone says that Truth is not exclusive, it becomes pretty obvious that the gray matter is all gone. You have a lot of energy to be engaging such anti-intellectualism. If Truth is not exclusive, then everything is true and nothing is a lie and we're wasting our lives debating on nairaland. After all, the whole reason the dead-brains in question is proselytizing for atheism is because he thinks religion is false and truth is found by embracing atheism. Curious if he also thinks truth is not exclusive, but not a mystery once you remember how dumb he gets when Christ is on his mind.
Re: Why Do Religions Dislike Apostates? by Image123(m): 10:13pm On Mar 12, 2013
Ihedinobi: @Image123

My brother, once someone says that Truth is not exclusive, it becomes pretty obvious that the gray matter is all gone. You have a lot of energy to be engaging such anti-intellectualism. If Truth is not exclusive, then everything is true and nothing is a lie and we're wasting our lives debating on nairaland. After all, the whole reason the dead-brains in question is proselytizing for atheism is because he thinks religion is false and truth is found by embracing atheism. Curious if he also thinks truth is not exclusive, but not a mystery once you remember how dumb he gets when Christ is on his mind.
hehehehe, Ihedinobi, see trouble oh. The guy is blinded by satan.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Is praying to the dead biblical? / Isnt It Wrong For Christian Pharmacists To Sell Condoms / Pastors With Big Rings

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.