Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,573 members, 7,958,778 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 11:44 PM

Alcohol And Immorality By Pastor Adeboye - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Alcohol And Immorality By Pastor Adeboye (21411 Views)

Pastor Adeboye Buys Gulfstream Jet, Starts Luxury Airline (Photo) / The Fight Against Self-servicing, Lust And Sex.ual Immorality / 2014 Prophecies By Pastor Adeboye (RCCG) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Alcohol And Immorality By Pastor Adeboye by leffects(m): 6:22am On Mar 10, 2013
RCCG OPEN HEAVENS DEVOTION SUNDAY 10TH MARCH 2013 ALCOHOL - AND IMMORALITY BY PASTOR E. A. ADEBOYE
Memorise: Thine eyes shall behold strange women, and thine heart shall utter perverse things. Proverbs 23:33

Read: Proverbs 23:29-35

Bible in one year: Amos 7-9, Obadiah

Key point: If you truly want Jesus Christ living in your house, remove all thrones you have created for the devil

Ephesians 5:18 says you should be filled with the Holy Spirit and not with wine. That means, you should be so full of the Spirit that there will be no room for any spirit of liquor to occupy. If you are not full of the Holy Spirit and you drink beer or alcohol, you cannot avoid confusion. Those who take alcohol will most likely find sexual sins attractive. Some of them have as a result gone into incestuous intercourse with their daughters or relatives or even rape. Alcohol makes one more vulnerable to sexual sins. If you were struggling with your flesh and you start taking alcohol, you will descend into a deeper level of bondage. Verse 33 of today's reading says,
"Thine eyes shall behold strange women and thine heart shall utter perverse things."

Some Christians will build their personal houses and instead of creating a prayer room there, they will have a bar where they will stock different kinds of wines. When you try to dissuade them, even their wives will rise up in their defence. Don't be surprised to find that they are already having mistresses outside, and if care is not taken, the strange women that are now more appealing to them may drive away their legitimate wife and take over. That shall not be your portion!

The truth is, any Christian sister who allows her husband to drink alcohol is simply setting the stage for strange things to happen in her home. Is your husband saying, 'It is just a little harmless sip once in a long while', remember a little occasional sip today will become an uncontrollable gush tomorrow. Be warned! In addition, having a bar in a Christian home completely negates the ethics of godliness. It is an invitation to the spirit of liquor to have its permanent abode in that house. That house will no longer have peace! Having a bar in your home is having an altar for Satan in that home. You can be sure that the Holy Spirit will simply step aside. Believers' homes should be identified by the serenity of the place and by the provision of a prayer room for God. You should have an altar where God will meet with you daily. If you don't, convert your bar or one of your rooms into such an altar for the King of kings today!

http://earlydigest..co.uk/2013/03/rccg-open-heavens-devotion-sunday-10th.html?m=1

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Alcohol And Immorality By Pastor Adeboye by leffects(m): 8:48am On Mar 10, 2013
Re: Alcohol And Immorality By Pastor Adeboye by usomine007(m): 10:58am On Mar 10, 2013
Halleluya O!!!
Re: Alcohol And Immorality By Pastor Adeboye by Pennywise(m): 11:00am On Mar 10, 2013
Does Pastor Adeboye have a NL moderator on his payroll?

8 Likes

Re: Alcohol And Immorality By Pastor Adeboye by Nobody: 11:01am On Mar 10, 2013
There is no such thing as the spirit of liquor in the bible, if there is , please show me the chapter and verse.

There is no difference between a glutton and a drunkard, the key is moderation.

If you cannot control yourself , do not take alcohol. I personally take a little wine now and again, Timothy in the bible did for his stomach ailment.

As for storing liquor in the home, it is not recommended especially due to the children.

"Let your moderation be known unto all men. The Lord is at hand." - Philippians 4:5

As for immorality, of course, this is one of the most destructive sins and to endure in it without repentance is to risk eternal damnation.

25 Likes

Re: Alcohol And Immorality By Pastor Adeboye by Nobody: 11:02am On Mar 10, 2013
but how do we explain the issue of Jesus' maiden miracle been the mirale of wine at the marriage in canaan ?

11 Likes

Re: Alcohol And Immorality By Pastor Adeboye by Blackgold09(f): 11:03am On Mar 10, 2013
Halleluya, Daddy G O Thank you
Re: Alcohol And Immorality By Pastor Adeboye by Goldenheart(m): 11:04am On Mar 10, 2013
sad shocked Hmmmm....what bout refrigirators?! is it a devil altar too??

2 Likes

Re: Alcohol And Immorality By Pastor Adeboye by Nobody: 11:06am On Mar 10, 2013
i expect most christians to come here and rationalise but if taking wine was that bad then i wouldn't expect jesus to encourage the guests at the marriage in cana to take it talkless of making it his maiden miracle. This is just a simple matter isn't it ? But i expect 'sadduces and pharisees' to call me names. Sheep indeed is what most christians are.

2 Likes

Re: Alcohol And Immorality By Pastor Adeboye by wedeonline(m): 11:06am On Mar 10, 2013
True.......
Re: Alcohol And Immorality By Pastor Adeboye by Nobody: 11:07am On Mar 10, 2013
Guitarlife: i expect most christians to come here and rationalise but if taking wine was that bad then i wouldn't expect jesus to encourage the guests at the marriage in cana to take it talkless of making it his maiden miracle. This is just a simple matter isn't it ? But i expect 'sadduces and pharisees' to call me names. Sheep indeed is what most christians are.

And you are right, alas the follow follow sheeple will stick to every word of their idol instead of the bible.

2 Likes

Re: Alcohol And Immorality By Pastor Adeboye by joseph1832(m): 11:07am On Mar 10, 2013
How come almost any thing said by this Pastor Adeboye makes front page immediately?

So many post that deserve front page are not even given any thought but when its a "Pastor" it immediately makes front page, what are the moderators moderating?!

This nonsense has to stop! Haba!

4 Likes

Re: Alcohol And Immorality By Pastor Adeboye by Yarboh: 11:10am On Mar 10, 2013
Having a moderator in the NL or not is not the issue here. What concerns us is the message the post carried and ♓☺w it affects us positively. If yo jelous Baba Adebayo you can go and start Ɣ☺ƱR church.

8 Likes

Re: Alcohol And Immorality By Pastor Adeboye by victokafor(m): 11:17am On Mar 10, 2013
No, na devil's cooler!!!
Re: Alcohol And Immorality By Pastor Adeboye by PastorKun(m): 11:19am On Mar 10, 2013
I once used to respect Adeboye so much but the more I read of his teachings the more I become convinced that he is a pure charlatan. Some of the thrash he wrote up there could actually inspire fights btw husband and wife becos Adeboye has implied that all men who drink are having extra marital affairs. Lots of women who can't see beyond there nose and believe every thrash Adeboye teaches would now start harassing and dis trusting their husband's based on a charlatan's twisted logic. I wonder how many homes have been destroyed due to false teachings as this.

7 Likes

Re: Alcohol And Immorality By Pastor Adeboye by hardbody: 11:21am On Mar 10, 2013
Na wa 4 this man ooo. Ok, I drink out with madam, so we both get high and share love. Where is the room for the mistress that you are touting about. My take is that what the bible recommends is moderation. If wine was bad and completely written off, Jesus would not turn water into wine at the marriage in Cana. Besides, Paul would not have recommended a little wine for Timothy for his stomach problem. Please note I take hot drink when I have stomach problem and it gets resolved. Please you people should direct Mr. Adeboye to Revelation 22 Vs 18 and 19. Handing down the doctrine of men as if it is inspired of God is the highest level of hypocrisy and lying. It is best not to mislead the little ones as the Lord will exact punishment on all that are propagating falsehood in the name of the Lord.

7 Likes

Re: Alcohol And Immorality By Pastor Adeboye by BBDelta(m): 11:27am On Mar 10, 2013

2 Likes

Re: Alcohol And Immorality By Pastor Adeboye by Nobody: 11:30am On Mar 10, 2013
Perhaps Adeboye would care to tell us why the tithe they collect from the poor sheeple is also not used to buy wine or strong drink , is this not wrong ?

And if the way be too long for thee, so that thou art not able to carry it; or if the place be TOO FAR from thee, which the LORD thy God shall choose to set his name there, when the LORD thy God hath blessed thee: Then shalt thou TURN IT INTO MONEY, and bind up the money in thine hand, and shalt GO unto the place which the LORD thy God shall choose: And thou shalt bestow that money for whatsoever thy soul LUSTETH after, for oxen, or for sheep, or FOR WINE, or FOR STRONG DRINK, or for whatsoever thy soul DESIRETH: and thou shalt EAT THERE before the LORD thy God, and thou shalt rejoice, thou, and thine household . . . -- Deut. 14:22-26

6 Likes

Re: Alcohol And Immorality By Pastor Adeboye by Yoighaman(m): 11:31am On Mar 10, 2013
May God help and have mercy on us all.
Re: Alcohol And Immorality By Pastor Adeboye by Lampsy(m): 11:33am On Mar 10, 2013
:
Pennywise: Does Pastor Adeboye have a NL moderator on his payroll?
Ur thinkin is wierd,n wat has dat got to do wit d thread?? Endeavor to think straight,wich i doubt undecided

1 Like

Re: Alcohol And Immorality By Pastor Adeboye by doofanc: 11:34am On Mar 10, 2013
This alcohol issue has been debated severally here, and like that of tithing, remains as divisive as ever. I won't be suprised if this thread, within d next few days, stretches to over 10 pages.

D pendants will insist that d consumption of just a single drop of alcohol is sinful. A christian who finds himself craving alcohol should check himself, they would add.

Others, like Frosbel above would say its about moderation.

And the debate continues. . .

I'm well aware that RCCG is uncompromisingly against alcohol drinking in whatever quantity or form, but you may notice Adeboye didn't condem it's consumption outright; his emphasis is that it always leads to something more severe, usually like sex.ual sins.

3 Likes

Re: Alcohol And Immorality By Pastor Adeboye by PastorKun(m): 11:36am On Mar 10, 2013
frosbel: Perhaps Adeboye would care to tell us why the tithe they collect from the poor sheeple is also not used to buy wine or strong drink , is this not wrong ?

And if the way be too long for thee, so that thou art not able to carry it; or if the place be TOO FAR from thee, which the LORD thy God shall choose to set his name there, when the LORD thy God hath blessed thee: Then shalt thou TURN IT INTO MONEY, and bind up the money in thine hand, and shalt GO unto the place which the LORD thy God shall choose: And thou shalt bestow that money for whatsoever thy soul LUSTETH after, for oxen, or for sheep, or FOR WINE, or FOR STRONG DRINK, or for whatsoever thy soul DESIRETH: and thou shalt EAT THERE before the LORD thy God, and thou shalt rejoice, thou, and thine household . . . -- Deut. 14:22-26

Don't mind the hypocrite angry
Re: Alcohol And Immorality By Pastor Adeboye by kaytytty: 11:36am On Mar 10, 2013
na wa o when will christians ever agree with one another,some will say it is bad some will say it is not and they all bring their reference from BIBLE.so that means the BIBLE is the number one cause of confusion among the christians

3 Likes

Re: Alcohol And Immorality By Pastor Adeboye by Nobody: 11:40am On Mar 10, 2013
kaytytty: na wa o when will christians ever agree with one another,some will say it is bad some will say it is not and they all bring their reference from BIBLE.so that means the BIBLE is the number one cause of confusion among the christians

well, the confusion is not from the bible but from individuals.

Besides in some other religious books , alcohol is banned while on this earth , but permitted in gluttonous proportions in the after life wink

1 Like

Re: Alcohol And Immorality By Pastor Adeboye by ZACHIE: 11:43am On Mar 10, 2013
As born again spirit filled Christian you don,t need a bar at home. it is so wrong. Baba is so spot on this.
Just walk up to your community club or a lounge and if it must be a bar, make sure it is a proper decent one and shack up
Re: Alcohol And Immorality By Pastor Adeboye by doofanc: 11:44am On Mar 10, 2013
kaytytty: na wa o when will christians ever agree with one another,some will say it is bad some will say it is not and they all bring their reference from BIBLE.so that means the BIBLE is the number one cause of confusion among the christians

Very, very wrong. THE BIBLE is not the cause of confusion, man's interpretation, sometimes beclouded by personal sentiments, usually is.
Re: Alcohol And Immorality By Pastor Adeboye by mbulela: 11:47am On Mar 10, 2013
frosbel: There is no such thing as the spirit of liquor in the bible, if there is , please show me the chapter and verse.

There is no difference between a glutton and a drunkard, the key is moderation.

If you cannot control yourself , do not take alcohol. I personally take a little wine now and again, Timothy in the bible did for his stomach ailment.

As for storing liquor in the home, it is not recommended especially due to the children.

"Let your moderation be known unto all men. The Lord is at hand." - Philippians 4:5

As for immorality, of course, this is one of the most destructive sins and to endure in it without repentance is to risk eternal damnation.
balanced interpretation of scripture. God bless you.
Re: Alcohol And Immorality By Pastor Adeboye by Finland(m): 11:49am On Mar 10, 2013
Guitarlife: but how do we explain the issue of Jesus' maiden miracle been the mirale of wine at the marriage in canaan ?
Gbam!
Re: Alcohol And Immorality By Pastor Adeboye by Valto(m): 11:55am On Mar 10, 2013
Yoighaman: May God help and have mercy on us all.
amen
Re: Alcohol And Immorality By Pastor Adeboye by doofanc: 11:56am On Mar 10, 2013
ZACHIE: As born again spirit filled Christian you don,t need a bar at home. it is so wrong. Baba is so spot on this.
Just walk up to your community club or a lounge and if it must be a bar, make sure it is a proper decent one and shack up

A Christian having a bar loaded with assorted drinks is clearly sending a bad message and is not acceptable.

I'm not also sure a Christian shacking up at a local bar, no matter how decent, is a good idea. What is another brethren who is still young in faith sees him there? What message is being passed across?
Re: Alcohol And Immorality By Pastor Adeboye by blackbeau1(f): 11:57am On Mar 10, 2013
True talk

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Do You Believe What Will Be Will Be, Do You Believe In Destiny? / Demolishing The Falsehood Of Christianity And Its Bible / Does God Exist?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.