Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,641 members, 7,809,403 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:01 AM

10 Ways To Remain Poor - Nairaland / General (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / 10 Ways To Remain Poor (23899 Views)

10 Ways On How To Remain Poor... / 10 Reasons Africa Is And May Remain Poor And Underdeveloped. / 10 Ways To Remain Poor.... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Ways To Remain Poor by ronnietilo: 6:55pm On Mar 10, 2013
I dont understand No. 9.. so your gross monthly should be more that the cost of your car?

If i wan but tokunbo car of 1.5M.. i must earn more that that as gross per month?
Re: 10 Ways To Remain Poor by Serendipity: 6:59pm On Mar 10, 2013
alpha conde:
4. Lastly think u can do everything on ur own without remembering there's God
My four points
Alpha Conde
I would be very glad to have elucidation on this point.
Can it be established factually or is it just a matter of faith that should be termed sacrosanct?
This is because there are many people that seemingly succeed /without God.
Re: 10 Ways To Remain Poor by odehme: 7:02pm On Mar 10, 2013
very inspiring indeed. Anyone who follow dis advice has jst got it rite
Re: 10 Ways To Remain Poor by NOIBMUUL(m): 7:10pm On Mar 10, 2013
BedLam: HOW TO REMAIN POOR..

1. Never wake up early...

Keep stretching & turning in bed until you get too hungry to continue dozing if there are no bedbugs,
why hurry to get up??

2} Never plan how to spend your money..

Whenever you get money, start spending it right away and when it's finished, you try to count and
recall how you spent it..

3} Don't think of saving until you have real big money...

How can you save when you earn so little?? Those telling you to save are not sympathetic to your
burning needs..

4} Don't engage in activities usually reserved for the " uneducated "...

How can you a graduate
engage in petty trade or home based production?? That's for people who never went to school.

5} Don't think of starting a business until an angel comes from heaven & give U capital..

How do
they expect U to invest before U get millions of dollars?? Even though more than half the
businesses in your town were started with a few hundred dollar, you as a smart person can only
start with millons.

6} Complain about everything expect your own attitude:

Blame the system the government & the
banks that refuse to lend you money. They are all bad & do not want you to get rich.

7. Spend more than you earn.

To achieve this, buy consumer product on credit & keep borrowing
from friends & employers.

8. Compete in dressing.

Make sure wear the latest clothes among all workers in your offer..
Whenever your neighbour buys a new phone, u get one that is more expensive..

9. Get yourself a nice second hand car that costs more than three times your gross monthly pay..

10. Give your children everything they ask for since you're such a loving parent.

They should not
struggle for anything because you do not want them to suffer that way, they will grow up lazy &
hence poor enough to ensure they can't help you in old age...

I love the sarcastic delivery. Nice.
Re: 10 Ways To Remain Poor by BedLam: 7:21pm On Mar 10, 2013
ACM10:
Let's this advice. If a worker earns a gross salary of #100,000. What kind of car do you expect him to buy at the cost of #300,000 in Nigeria. Can you agree with me that this advice does not add up?

I agree with you partially. Give your children things that you can afford. You can be extremely rich and still train your kids to grow up to be responsible adults.
Do really need a car? to me car is a luxury!
Re: 10 Ways To Remain Poor by sunnyt1(m): 7:41pm On Mar 10, 2013

Keep stretching & turning in bed until you get too hungry to continue dozing if there are no bedbugs,
why hurry to get up??

Whenever you get money, start spending it right away and when it's finished, you try to count and

How can you save when you earn so little?? Those telling you to save are not sympathetic to your
burning needs..

How can you a graduate
engage in petty trade or home based production?? That's for people who never went to school.

5} Don't think of starting a business until an angel comes from heaven & give U capital..

How do
they expect U to invest before U get millions of dollars?? Even though more than half the
businesses in your town were started with a few hundred dollar, you as a smart person can only
start with millons.

banks that refuse to lend you money. They are all bad & do not want you to get rich.

8. Compete in dressing.

9. Get yourself a nice second hand car that costs more than three times your gross monthly pay..

10. Give your children everything they ask for since you're such a loving parent.

They should not
struggle for anything because you do not want them to suffer that way, they will grow up lazy &

Most people will debate Number 8 with you. People take dressing like a do or die affair, its a bloody competition, i must say.
Re: 10 Ways To Remain Poor by alphaconde(m): 8:04pm On Mar 10, 2013
Serendipity:
I would be very glad to have elucidation on this point.
Can it be established factually or is it just a matter of faith that should be termed sacrosanct?
This is because there are many people that seemingly succeed /without God.

They say 2 heads are better than 1. God is just my second head. That's basically what I can say. I know people succeed without God but me believe I can't go any further without God.
Re: 10 Ways To Remain Poor by Lebee4(m): 8:20pm On Mar 10, 2013
van bonattel: I can wake up late thinking and scheeming, planning and scheduling how to achieve in 2 hours what took you 2 days to do.

why don't you do that before sleeping.
A Little sleep, a little slumber and poverty will crawl in.
Re: 10 Ways To Remain Poor by Lebee4(m): 8:26pm On Mar 10, 2013
Best way to avoid being poor
Clemzy16: somebody should correct me if am wrong, but doing the exact opposite of what the OP listed does not make one rich either.
Re: 10 Ways To Remain Poor by FOLLEY20(m): 8:49pm On Mar 10, 2013
Definitely, d opposite of 10 ways to remain poor listed above are ways to become rich. Thank u 4 d post.
Re: 10 Ways To Remain Poor by Alleinad(f): 9:17pm On Mar 10, 2013
Hahaha! So true 0P! God help us.
Re: 10 Ways To Remain Poor by Heanry(m): 9:23pm On Mar 10, 2013
coputa: Nunber 5 in your list is wrong,why wont a graduate engage in home production..who told you that home production is meant for illiterates..someone can be engaged in home production and be rich
you did'nt understand the op, read through again.
Re: 10 Ways To Remain Poor by Nobody: 9:38pm On Mar 10, 2013
@BEDLAM .God bless you sir.
Re: 10 Ways To Remain Poor by joannes7(m): 10:06pm On Mar 10, 2013
all is true, except no 1. i found out that i'm most creative at night so i work late into the night with my ideas and work. 9am is my typical wake up time except i slept early or i have an early morning appointment. great tips though. really thoughtful.
Re: 10 Ways To Remain Poor by Decryptor(m): 11:19pm On Mar 10, 2013
van bonattel: I can wake up late thinking and scheeming, planning and scheduling how to achieve in 2 hours what took you 2 days to do.
A neighbor of mine drives a Range Rover Sport HSE and a Mercedes Benz G Series but wakes up by 10am...Question: How he take make am?
Re: 10 Ways To Remain Poor by Nobody: 11:39pm On Mar 10, 2013
CrazyMan: Is this suppose to be an advice or what... undecided

Lecture
Re: 10 Ways To Remain Poor by Shifiunited: 11:43pm On Mar 10, 2013
How to get rich or, how to remain poor. to me are all fallacy, cuz, ise ko ni owo.
Re: 10 Ways To Remain Poor by ikooko(m): 12:36am On Mar 11, 2013
[quote author=BedLam]HOW TO REMAIN POOR..

How can you a graduate

@ poster,
You may need to clarify further on point #4. Especially on the definition of 'uneducated'. To me education has nothing to do with your paper certificate. As a matter of fact,there are millions people out there without formal education, hence they are smart and more knowledgeable in money making processes while majority keep deceiving themselves with paper qualifications.
The point am making is that anyone can engage in any activity as long as you properly defined set of goals to achieve from it. With time, You can then apply your education to do it differently. It matter not if you do it in your backyard or your kitchen considering the high rate of unemployment and lack of capital in Nigeria.
Re: 10 Ways To Remain Poor by IfionuVal(m): 12:46am On Mar 11, 2013
Very incisive.
Re: 10 Ways To Remain Poor by NosaHenry(m): 1:10am On Mar 11, 2013
coputa: Nunber 5 in your list is wrong,why wont a graduate engage in home production..who told you that home production is meant for illiterates..someone can be engaged in home production and be rich

Hope you are not as dull as you sound.
Re: 10 Ways To Remain Poor by econome(m): 5:52am On Mar 11, 2013
[b]

why hurry to get up??

burning needs..

How can you a graduate

How do
start with millons.

8. Compete in dressing.

They should not
[/b]

"how to treasure in poverty"
Re: 10 Ways To Remain Poor by eforce: 5:55am On Mar 11, 2013
Gentle Naaz: BEST WAY 2 REMAIN POOR
1. C money as ur enemy
2. Work for humanitarian n nt 4 money. If u r paid, reject it.
3. Always work wt d principle dat ur reward is in heaven
4. Sell groundnut
5. Hope 2 work in Nigeria rail way station(NRWS)

Here is another misguided youth, Sometimes you have to work for free, to get certain principles and skills that would improve you for life and bring in money. It doesn't matter what you sell, it is how you sell it and to whom it is sold. If you supply groundnuts to cereal making companies or export it , you would be richer than the guy working in an oil company. The guy working at the counter in a railway station and the guy working at the counter in a bank are doing the same job. Years of experience , Go figure!
Re: 10 Ways To Remain Poor by Serendipity: 6:11am On Mar 11, 2013
alpha conde:

They say 2 heads are better than 1. God is just my second head. That's basically what I can say. I know people succeed without God but me believe I can't go any further without God.
K thankx
Re: 10 Ways To Remain Poor by iweoku: 6:27am On Mar 11, 2013
@ op, u forgot number 11
spend valuable time on nairaland studying tonto dike, follow the kardashians on twitter.
Re: 10 Ways To Remain Poor by Toyrem: 6:56am On Mar 11, 2013
salt 1: Good post.
I love No 6 particularly. I noticed that critics hardly create anything but criticism: blame the system, blame your parents, blame everything and everyone but yourself. To be broke is temporary but being poor is an attitude.
agreed
Re: 10 Ways To Remain Poor by Toyrem: 7:01am On Mar 11, 2013
toluleke: To remain poor the most important is:.DON'T KNOW YOUR GOD cos dose dat know him shal do exploit
nice, your pastor will enjoy your money, simple.
Re: 10 Ways To Remain Poor by topmostg: 7:02am On Mar 11, 2013
exxell: From Your English, I Will Never Doubt That You Came From "dat root" As You Claimed.
All The Same, Congrats For Making It "To The Top" With Your Family As You Also Claim! grin grin grin
hmmm, prof of english.

and whats so bad with his english?

1 Like

Re: 10 Ways To Remain Poor by ORAFA(m): 8:45am On Mar 11, 2013
With ur name, even if OP explains his post to u from now till 2015 u still won't understand.
Re: 10 Ways To Remain Poor by micklplus(m): 9:02am On Mar 11, 2013
Thanks Bedlam for #howtoremainpoor. You are truly a Value Adding Personality.
Re: 10 Ways To Remain Poor by Elxandre(m): 10:42am On Mar 11, 2013
Not much ladies commenting here :d but if na top 20 ways to suprise your rich boyfriend, they will be there commenting :p
Re: 10 Ways To Remain Poor by mercifull(f): 11:26am On Mar 11, 2013
very funny
Re: 10 Ways To Remain Poor by DonEwexco(m): 11:31am On Mar 11, 2013
ask Google

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Please Beware Of This Killer Biscuit Called " Crunches Biscuit" / Man Clears And Carries Gutter Content With Bare Hands / Accident Between A 40 Feet Container And Cars In Ihiala, Anambra (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.