Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,785 members, 7,827,894 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 06:42 PM

Do Music With Content - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Do Music With Content (815 Views)

I Want To Learn How To Create Beats And Do Music. / Top 5 Naija 2015 Music With Bad Lyrics / Photo! Wizkid Cooking Up Some Cool Music With Daddy Showkey For New Album (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Do Music With Content by ace1(m): 12:19am On Mar 11, 2013
I just got the broadcast on bbm. After reading it, I'm sharing it with you guys

PLEASE READ:
U wann' be a musician
or call Urself one;
Have U asked Urself Y!?
or do U just wann' add up to the growing list of Nuisances in the bloody industry;
in the name of "wanting to make it big"
- na so e Easy reach!?

For those of U who think U're already "big" in the Biz!
What's Ur content!?
What have U offered society besides a barrage of mindless, pointless words which either make no meaning
or is always about one level of promiscuity or the other!
Some can't even make a complete sentence correctly & then they'll plead
"Poetic License"! - Really!?
Wetin na... something dey too much sometimes na! As they say:
if U ain't got anything good to say;
SHUT Ur WordOrgan & let us just enjoy a producer's prowess; Stop messing up a producer's work of art (sometimes o) with the hopeless words that just run through Ur head & outa Ur mouth!
Its because of idiots like U that this generation is headed nowhere!

Look it doesn't matter who made the song; if its Pointless, its useless!
It should be trashed & not forced down the ears & eyes of the helpless, innocent, confused & mediocre-minded public!

Okay U're just giving 'em what they want to hear ba!? Shebi yesterday was Mothers' day - when U small, how many times Ur mama let U put finger inside fire because U like as e dey shine!?

Get some honor;
Educate the public;
Look back & See Y exactly We will always remember Fela, Majek Fashek, Bob Marley, Michael Jackson & a host of others
while each album U throw at us fizzles away the very second a new tune is posted on the next "mindless" blog site!

I don't mean to offend anyone,
but if U're by this post
offended in any way,

- - - May Thor in all his malevolence acquaint thee with a sufficient dose of lightening! ... na U I dey particularly talk to! >:O

Re-BC if U like 3-|
I just think its time we sanitized the music industry before we completely lose its true essence!

@EPS_Sparkle for Top_IQ | @MusicMilitants

1 Like

Re: Do Music With Content by iSparkle: 11:41pm On May 19, 2013
The_TopIQ is simply an initiative that supports POSITIVE, CREATIVE messages put together in Rhythm with the use of notes & keys; or as we'd better call it: MUSIC.
As against what the industry today is becoming, The_TopIQ intends to put it clear that the public (you & I) are tired of the pointless-mediocrity being spread today as music. Expecting that we just continue to "Dance & Support" this trash non-stop is an act of sheer wickedness & is unacceptable!
This isn't the way forward & will never be; we can't keep ignoring our problems & hope it vanishes one day - not even FAITH encourages such.
Gone are the days when even the government feared musicians resulting from the sting & prowess which their messages carried, instead today's musicians are just another form of political puppetry & why not; if & when all they want is the money & the fame!
Gone also are the days when Music was a method of storytelling, of selling & sending messages of Hope to the deprived, to the oppressed, to you & I; instead today, they celebrate promiscuity & crown effortless, non-creative noise making!
No matter how well garnished an error is, it still remains an error until it be corrected - Just as the colloquial saying goes: No matter how much perfume you spray on top shit, e go still smell because na shit wen e be!
Brothers, Sisters, Nigerians, Us & Mes; just like every trend (for those who've been alive long enough) that re-occurs in time's lapse; I believe it’s time for trends to change! It is time that we found our route back to our roots. Time to revisit Truth, Morality and common sense; especially in music.

When a friend of yours gets into a studio, takes his/her time and emerges with trash, with no gain-saying; I believe you owe the world the responsibility of being the first to POLITELY tell him/her what "may be wrong" with the production. We know there has to be Nonsense for Sense to be appreciated but such Nonsense mustn't eclipse the existence of sense. If such happens, then the future is totally bleak! So also if OUR favourite musician cum "superstar" delivers below standards in his musical content; He/She deserves to hear and know the truth, instead of being flanked by a bunch of wanna-be "yes-men"!
Believe it or not these are some of the salient reasons for that once-innocent lil' girl to become a "runs girl" and not even know it, yet accept it. The reason we have a bunch a skill-less young bloods out there smoking marijuana and waiting for the day they become the-next-big-thing in Music; hence saturating the industry with NONSENSE!
As a challenge, Ask any "musician" today; What's The_TopIQ of your song? What's the embedded message?
Then listen to what he/she has to say!
Here's our projection if these vices are properly put in place: #Musicians will attempt to sit up and actually learn to "write-before-they-sing" (Think before they speak). #There'll be less crowd in the industry so we know who is who or rather just learn to enjoy a Producer's Genius + dance to it if we must rather than have anybody mess it up with a bunch of alliterating words/sounds in the name of rhymes!
We've grown beyond that as an industry and time should also make it clear that more often than not; consumers, listeners, U & I, tend to endure the whining of the "musicians" and manage to enjoy the creativity of the producer(s) as the case may be.

Shout out to all those who've given and are giving #GoodMusic (No Kanye) a chance!

Don't forget to ask:What is The_TopIQ;?

Positive music should be given a chance!
#SaveTheFuture!
Support #PositiveVibes

FF: @The_TopIQ
Lend a tweet & together,
Let us end this meaningless uproar of Negativity in the music industry & Media entertainment at large!

(1) (Reply)

MASSIVE Collaboration:timaya And D’banj Duet, To Release New Single June 7 / OJB Jezreel – Don’t Let It Go (New Music) / Who Will Win Glo Xfactor 2013

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.