Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,590 members, 7,770,539 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 11:31 AM

Ronaldinho Or Okocha: Who Is More Skillful? - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Ronaldinho Or Okocha: Who Is More Skillful? (54100 Views)

Poll: Who is more skillful?

Okocha: 69% (101 votes)
Ronaldinho: 30% (45 votes)
This poll has ended

Jay-jay Okocha Returns To Football With English Club / Between Steven Keshi And Jay jay Okocha,who Is More Richer? / Lionel Messi Versus Okocha: Who Is The Best (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ronaldinho Or Okocha: Who Is More Skillful? by goodguy(m): 6:40pm On May 06, 2006
Between the 'almighty' Ronaldinho of 2002 - 2006 and our own 'African Maradona' - Jay Jay of the 90's, who do you think is more skillful?

As for me, I think Okocha is.

Note: 'Skills' here is meant to explain who dribbles better and 'makes fool' of opponents more on the field of play.
Re: Ronaldinho Or Okocha: Who Is More Skillful? by opeemi1(m): 6:48pm On May 06, 2006
Well to me goodguy, I will like to put in my own words that ronaldinho is a skillful and creative player while okocha is an experienced player with lots of brains and all.

To me I can't be a judge cos there still some basic stunts that one of the two can use in driving there opponents nuts.

So to me they are all good but I always go for the brains. Okocha is the one I pick, don't tell anyone. lipsrsealed
Re: Ronaldinho Or Okocha: Who Is More Skillful? by Fimmy(m): 1:14am On May 07, 2006
Okocha to me is more skillful
Re: Ronaldinho Or Okocha: Who Is More Skillful? by spikelord(m): 11:06pm On May 07, 2006
Gone are the days of Okocha, I can only tell you that Ronaldinho is a newer version of Okocha, Remember Ronaldinho used to warm the bench while Okocha plays during their time in PSG. Along the line, Ronaldinho might have been inspired by Okocha's games who knows?
Re: Ronaldinho Or Okocha: Who Is More Skillful? by twinstaiye(m): 9:15am On May 08, 2006
If you say skilful, they are both skilful and at a certain time in their game one is certainly more skilful than the other. In short they are incomparable. Ronaldinho of today is certainly more skilful than Okocha of today, but that does not make Ronaldinho the all time more skilful than Okocha. Enough said.
Re: Ronaldinho Or Okocha: Who Is More Skillful? by spikelord(m): 9:25am On May 08, 2006
twinstaiye:

If you say skilful, they are both skilful and at a certain time in their game one is certainly more skilful than the other. In short they are incomparable. Ronaldinho of today is certainly more skilful than Okocha of today, but that does not make Ronaldinho the all time more skilful than Okocha. Enough said.

They are both good!!
Re: Ronaldinho Or Okocha: Who Is More Skillful? by goodguy(m): 11:29pm On May 09, 2006
spikelord:

Along the line, Ronaldinho might have been inspired by Okocha's games who knows?
I heard somewhere that Ronaldinho admitted Okocha being his role model when they were at PSG together.

twinstaiye:

Maybe I should have compared the Okocha of then to the Ronaldinho of now. So what's your response to that?
Re: Ronaldinho Or Okocha: Who Is More Skillful? by spikelord(m): 11:34pm On May 09, 2006
The Okocha of then is more skilfull than this Ronaldinho. He should have been the world Player then if not for Racism!
Re: Ronaldinho Or Okocha: Who Is More Skillful? by spikelord(m): 11:35pm On May 09, 2006
I thought the confession Ronaldinho made then was that Okocha built his confidence as a midfielder or summin similar to that,
Re: Ronaldinho Or Okocha: Who Is More Skillful? by goodguy(m): 11:47pm On May 09, 2006
spikelord:

The Okocha of then is more skilfull than this Ronaldinho. He should have been the world Player then if not for Racism!
Well, skills are not the only determinants for nominating world's best players. smiley

spikelord:

I thought the confession Ronaldinho made then was that Okocha built his confidence as a midfielder or summin similar to that,
Probably. Or betterstill, he developed his skills from Okocha's.

Someone once made this analysis:

Okocha - Creates incredible and the most unthought skills; even skills that some would not think of performing, even if taught on the training ground.

Ronaldinho - Develops skills out of others' skills in such a way that would make one think that he's far betteroff than the original skill creator.

Buttomline: They are both entertainers on the soccer pitch.
Re: Ronaldinho Or Okocha: Who Is More Skillful? by spikelord(m): 12:08am On May 10, 2006
I agree with you on the fact that players' skills are not the only criterias for determining the World footballer of the Year
Re: Ronaldinho Or Okocha: Who Is More Skillful? by spikelord(m): 12:10am On May 10, 2006
I agree with you on the fact that players' skills are not the only criterias for determining the World footballer of the Year

But you can as well agree with me that Okocha has got not only skills but pace, shot power and other things a good player possesses. Mind you, he was once a winger so he's got the potentials to be norminated crowned the world footballer of the year then
Re: Ronaldinho Or Okocha: Who Is More Skillful? by menike(m): 12:25am On May 10, 2006
Sincerely, Ronaldinho is better but they're both good players
Re: Ronaldinho Or Okocha: Who Is More Skillful? by spikelord(m): 12:43am On May 10, 2006
Little Ronaldinho

1 Like

Re: Ronaldinho Or Okocha: Who Is More Skillful? by Fimmy(m): 1:24am On May 10, 2006
@ Spikelord
Okocha is better no matter what,the guy is a legend,Dihno is good im not arguing that but we are talkin of skills here, not crazy dribllin,thats Dihno specialty i know that
i really dont fancy that boy
Re: Ronaldinho Or Okocha: Who Is More Skillful? by spikelord(m): 9:49am On May 10, 2006
Really, but Okocha of now is not like before. So I believe the Okocha of the last decade is better than the Dinho of now
Re: Ronaldinho Or Okocha: Who Is More Skillful? by Grizzly(m): 9:59am On May 10, 2006
Ronaldinho wins both ways. cool
Re: Ronaldinho Or Okocha: Who Is More Skillful? by spikelord(m): 10:05am On May 10, 2006
Not in all ways Grizzly
Re: Ronaldinho Or Okocha: Who Is More Skillful? by kilo4uall(m): 10:06am On May 10, 2006
i believe Ronaldinho is the improved version of Okocha. though he is skillful, he lacks the speed that Ronaldinho have.
wink

1 Like

Re: Ronaldinho Or Okocha: Who Is More Skillful? by spikelord(m): 10:11am On May 10, 2006
@ Kilo, All said and right
Re: Ronaldinho Or Okocha: Who Is More Skillful? by amodu(m): 11:15am On May 10, 2006
When they are in PSG Okocha play's while Ronaldhinho cool the bench and also said that among the player he respect that J.J is part of them.

So n doubt Okocha is better than Ronaldhinho.
Re: Ronaldinho Or Okocha: Who Is More Skillful? by Grizzly(m): 11:29am On May 10, 2006
amodu:

When they are in PSG
cool
Re: Ronaldinho Or Okocha: Who Is More Skillful? by amodu(m): 11:38am On May 10, 2006
@ Grizzly why did you quote me without any reply
Re: Ronaldinho Or Okocha: Who Is More Skillful? by kodewrita(m): 11:50am On May 10, 2006
I don't see why we are questioning the fact that ronaldinho is the best. Anyone who watched his games in the last five months, champions league included knows ythat he is the best.

This boy has so much exceptional ball control and he is PRODUCTIVE. J J at eintrancht frankfurt was so skillful and so irritating that he had to be sold. he would dribble the entire back four and the keeper , turn back dribble them again and still refuse to score,. the irritating part is that he would now smile as if it was just a mistake.

Ronaldinho in his own case is so productive, watch the pass he gave to giuly in the last match against AC milan, he faked four defenders (myself included)

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ronaldinho Or Okocha: Who Is More Skillful? by amodu(m): 12:05pm On May 10, 2006
Okocha is better.

Everybody has its own style of play that its own style of play.
Re: Ronaldinho Or Okocha: Who Is More Skillful? by Grizzly(m): 12:12pm On May 10, 2006
No sentiments. RONALDINHO RULES cool
Re: Ronaldinho Or Okocha: Who Is More Skillful? by babwilms(m): 12:18pm On May 10, 2006
I believe Okocha is better. Okocha is an inspiration to Ronaldinho, Dinho even admitted it.
Re: Ronaldinho Or Okocha: Who Is More Skillful? by lordimpaq(m): 12:32pm On May 10, 2006
he wins

Re: Ronaldinho Or Okocha: Who Is More Skillful? by goodguy(m): 11:32pm On May 11, 2006
Guys, I think there is a clear difference between their 'overall performance' and just 'skills'.

Overall perfomance - Ronaldinho is better.

Skills - Okocha is more skillful.

Also, do not forget that we are comparing the Okocha of those days with the Ronaldinho of today.

In any way, I'm still a fan of the two 'soccerstars'.
Re: Ronaldinho Or Okocha: Who Is More Skillful? by spikelord(m): 12:16pm On May 15, 2006
Yeah, that is what we are talking about!
Re: Ronaldinho Or Okocha: Who Is More Skillful? by Priscila(f): 4:35pm On May 15, 2006
Hey men! hey men! hey men! ( by 50cent)
Haba!
DOnt insurbodinate Dinho here ,you might earn a 3 year year jail.
I love Okocha as our own but I wont compare him to Dinho.

Compare him with Kanu.
Re: Ronaldinho Or Okocha: Who Is More Skillful? by spikelord(m): 11:30pm On May 15, 2006
Compare who to Kanu?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Manchester United Cancel Match Following The Death Of Spurs Coach Ugo Ehiogu / Mikel Obi And Olga Diyachenko In Romantic Pose / Nigerians React To Super Eagles 0 - 2 Defeat By South Africa. See Funny Tweets

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.