Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,734 members, 7,824,081 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:14 PM

Ronaldinho Or Okocha: Who Is More Skillful? - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Ronaldinho Or Okocha: Who Is More Skillful? (54538 Views)

Poll: Who is more skillful?

Okocha: 69% (101 votes)
Ronaldinho: 30% (45 votes)
This poll has ended

Jay-jay Okocha Returns To Football With English Club / Between Steven Keshi And Jay jay Okocha,who Is More Richer? / Lionel Messi Versus Okocha: Who Is The Best (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ronaldinho Or Okocha: Who Is More Skillful? by spikelord(m): 1:49pm On May 18, 2006
cool cool cool cool cool
Re: Ronaldinho Or Okocha: Who Is More Skillful? by goodguy(m): 7:19pm On May 18, 2006
Priscila:

babwils!
your man still has his 1/4 rank but you can't compare him with these ntwo angels.
biko
What skills does Henry have? Tell me, biko.

Priscila:

Blame the one who started the thread, he said Dionho vs Okcha and dint say during Alexander the great days.
And if you had taken the time to read through all the posts before making yours, you will see that the correction has already been made.

It seems you're not reading people's posts here, or you're deliberately ignoring them. We're not talking of who's better. We're talking of who is more skillful!
Re: Ronaldinho Or Okocha: Who Is More Skillful? by babwilms(m): 7:30pm On May 18, 2006
@pricila. Common now. Now you want to compare Henry's skills with Okocha's. Am i the only one here who thinks Okocha is the most skillfull palyer ever to kick the ball on the world stage?.

Henry is skillfull (Good ball control, speed among others) but still not on OkOCHA'S level. May be you can compare Henry's skills with Dennis Bergkamp or Franco Zola. I am an Arsenal fan by the way. Okocha forever.
Re: Ronaldinho Or Okocha: Who Is More Skillful? by goodguy(m): 7:58pm On May 18, 2006
Good ball control is not even a skill. Any professional footballer can control a ball perfectly well. Even speed no be skill. Obafemi has the speed, does that make him skillful?

What I mean by skills here is "Manipulating the ball sensibly when there seems to be no means of escape from whoever is attacking you at that moment". No one can stand Okocha in that!
Re: Ronaldinho Or Okocha: Who Is More Skillful? by hucarson(m): 8:12pm On May 18, 2006
Ronaldinho is more skillful than Okocha in 1 million ways.

Don't even compare the 2 players because Ronaldinho belongs to another realm in the world of soccer.
Ronaldinho will soon be ranked with 'em Pele and Maradona with the way things are going.
How many of y'all have seen Ronaldinho's documentary on his biography? Please try and watch this.
The kind of things he was doing with the ball at the age of 8 is unbelievable. Some of his mates were interviewed amd they all confessed they hated playing with him because he always made 'em look stupid with the things he does with football. He was the youngest player in the U-10 team in his hood and he was the best.
Dinho's ball control is top-notch and he is physically stronger than Okocha.

Lets remove patriotism out of this thread, Ronaldinho is miles above Okocha(no controversy)
I don't even think Okocha is the best in Africa because y'all have to convince me well that Okocha is better than Abedi Pele.

1 Like

Re: Ronaldinho Or Okocha: Who Is More Skillful? by babwilms(m): 8:33pm On May 18, 2006
@hucarson. What do you also think Okocha's mate will say about him as a kid growing up? They would say the same thing only if Nigeria was an organise country to do such documentary for okocha or even locate his friends back in the days on the street.

"Physically stronger than okocha"? I believe you should withdrawl that statement. Dinho is an apprentice from Okocha and will remain so for the next few years.

If Dinho was that talented like you stated? while was he not noticed during the under 21 fifa worldcup in Nigeria while shittu, haruna babaginda and pius ikedia all came out. Whereas Okocha has been recognised widely ever since he started playing ball.

Now you want to be comparing Abedi Pele to our own Jay Jay, aba they should never be compared because they are two different players one is a striker and the other is a midfielder.

Please give me examples of what Dinho can do that Okocha can't do better? At least three.

Fellow nairaland members be the judge to this.
Re: Ronaldinho Or Okocha: Who Is More Skillful? by goodguy(m): 11:25pm On May 18, 2006
I agree with you 100%. cheesy
Re: Ronaldinho Or Okocha: Who Is More Skillful? by Priscila(f): 9:00am On May 19, 2006
hucarson
for once we have agreed. Dinho is just incomparable.
Re: Ronaldinho Or Okocha: Who Is More Skillful? by nightrider: 11:02am On May 19, 2006
ronaldino is a much better player but i think okocha was more skillful. hmmmmm i'm not sure sha grin grin
Re: Ronaldinho Or Okocha: Who Is More Skillful? by spikelord(m): 12:09pm On May 19, 2006
Are we still on this
Re: Ronaldinho Or Okocha: Who Is More Skillful? by spikelord(m): 12:34pm On May 19, 2006
Re: Ronaldinho Or Okocha: Who Is More Skillful? by reyes4eva(m): 1:07pm On May 19, 2006
@ Babwilms,
Without any doubt, Ronaldinho is more skillful than Okocha in all departments.
Did u say Ronaldinho was not noticed as a youngster? Please go n watch Egypt '97(Under-17 world cup). He was the star of the Brazilian midfield dubbed "the mouth-watering quartet". He terrorised opposition's defence like hurricane and was rated among the rising stars of the tournament.

He had a sublime performance at Nigeria 99 as well and he was one of the few players in the Brazilian ranks u could tell was a star but wasn't really noticed because his team was not good enough. Henry had a shambolic performance at the 2002 world cup also but does that make him less-skillful? Please let us be very objective.

There r so many players Okocha cannot even measure up to in terms of skills and stealth let alone,compare him with Ronaldinho.
Is Okocha more skillful than Denilson? We all know Denilson is not a team player thus his career had a sudden death but his skills and stealth with the ball is incomparable.

Ronaldinho is a living legend and the way he bounced John Terry down at Nou Camp still amazes me. I don't think the Jay-Jay i know could have gotten away with that because Terry is a monster in defence.

Back to Africa,
Abedi Pele is an attacking midfielder and not a striker.
He is famous for his sublime dribbling skills as well as a talent for scoring spectacular and often very important goals.
Can u remember his goal against Nigeria @ Senegal 92? No human being in Africa can repeat the same technique and natural ability.
His performance in the 1992 African Cup of Nations is often cited as one of the most outstanding soccer displays by any player in a single African tournament.
Has Okocha ever dominated any tournament like that? Abedi Pele virtually dragged Ghana to the finals and it was reminiscent of Diego Maradona's dominance of the 86 world cup.

Abedi Pele won African Footballer of the year in 3 successive years and was the man of the match at that historic Champions league final against AC Milan in 1993. He scored 33 goals in 67 appearances for Ghana. What more can u ask for?

I am very sure some school of thoughts will even say Okocha's skills cannot be compared to Segun Odegbami.
Though, they don't play the same position but Odegbami was an assassin in his days. I saw some of his dribbling skills and i was impressed.
Okocha is a very skillful player but don't compare him with Ronaldinho or else i will compare Phillip Osundu to Romario.
Re: Ronaldinho Or Okocha: Who Is More Skillful? by hucarson(m): 1:17pm On May 19, 2006
@ Reyes,
Please tell 'em o.
Ronaldinho is s'thing else and his teammates complain regularly he makes em look stupid @ training session with the kind of things he does with the ball.
Haven't u guys seen the commercial ads of Eric Cantona's "joga bonito"? Those flicks of Ronaldinho weren't computer-enhanced especially the clips of his childhood days as a player.
Those stuffs were REAL and Okocha's waist will fracture if he attempts all those devious/diabolical moves.
Only a demon plays like Ronaldinho.grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Ronaldinho Or Okocha: Who Is More Skillful? by Jackal(m): 1:23pm On May 19, 2006
Dinho V Okocha?

Why now?
Its like comparing Thierry Henry to Femi Opabunmi.
They dont belong to the same class.
Ronaldinho might have learnt from Okocha but he has re-discovered himself and has added some deft touches and "off-the-chain" moves to his game play.
Dinho is a god.
Re: Ronaldinho Or Okocha: Who Is More Skillful? by spikelord(m): 1:27pm On May 19, 2006
Hey don't rate Okocha that low

Just check the URL I pasted and see things for yourself
Re: Ronaldinho Or Okocha: Who Is More Skillful? by Grizzly(m): 1:31pm On May 19, 2006
hey spike, how do u post urls and news as links, please do tell, undecided
Re: Ronaldinho Or Okocha: Who Is More Skillful? by hucarson(m): 1:38pm On May 19, 2006
@ Spikelord,

First all,
The article was written by a Nigerian so one should expect some biased comments and some margin of error.
I am a very quick reader and i have been able to spot some errors in the article u have posted.
The writer claimed Okocha has never been sent off while playing for Nigeria. This is a big syntax error

Lemme ask u. Who was that Nigerian player that got sent off against Senegal at Ghana/Nigeria 2000 Q-finals?
The player was Jay-Jay Okocha. He got a red-card and he missed the S/final match against South Africa.
To make matters worse,he was even sent off on a Nigerian soil. grin grin grin grin grin grin. Your writer should have known this.
The error has invalidated your URL/link so i aint interested in it any longer and i urge all Nairalanders to disregard your link.
Re: Ronaldinho Or Okocha: Who Is More Skillful? by GUNNER(f): 1:47pm On May 19, 2006
@hucarson

i thought i was da only 1 dat noticed dat

jay-jay as indeed been sent off whilst playing 4 naija
Re: Ronaldinho Or Okocha: Who Is More Skillful? by spikelord(m): 2:17pm On May 19, 2006
Yeah, I remember that. He fought with the Senegalese National Team Captain with the number 4 shirt.
Re: Ronaldinho Or Okocha: Who Is More Skillful? by GUNNER(f): 2:28pm On May 19, 2006
da senegalese no 4 player and captain was khalilou fadiga
Re: Ronaldinho Or Okocha: Who Is More Skillful? by goodguy(m): 8:01pm On May 19, 2006
Asked where he learnt all football tricks, Ronadinho was not ashamed to tell the world that he learnt on the streets of Brazil and from watching Okocha when they were team-mates at PSG.

"I learnt most of the tricks from him, but I have improved on what he does," said Ronaldinho.

http://odili.net/news/source/2006/may/14/12.html

Known as one of the best dribblers IN THE WORLD, Okocha has played at the 1994, 1998 (where he was named in the official team of the tournament), and 2002 World Cup finals and many African Nations Cup tournaments.

Okocha is often described as the African "Maradona", as his style is similar to that of the Argentine superstar. He is a member of the FIFA 100, a list of the 125 greatest living footballers selected by Pelé in conjunction with FIFA's centenary celebrations. He has also been nominated BBC's African footballer of the year (2004 and 2005).

Jay-Jay is an excellent example of a complete African player with his great individual skills, good vision, passing and shooting.

In 2004 he released a DVD called "Superskills with Jay-Jay Okcoha" where he teaches kids at a footbal school the most difficult tricks in football, most of which he has done in games. He's known as the player who does things during a match that most people can't even imagine doing in training or even do it at all.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jay_Jay_Okocha
Re: Ronaldinho Or Okocha: Who Is More Skillful? by spikelord(m): 9:23pm On May 22, 2006
I don't think the guy Jayjay fought was Khalilou Fadiga. The guy kinda looks like Papa Diop but I don't think he was the one Jayjay fought with!
Re: Ronaldinho Or Okocha: Who Is More Skillful? by GUNNER(f): 9:42pm On May 22, 2006
@spikelord
QUES:
"Yeah, I remember that. He fought with the Senegalese National Team Captain with the number 4 shirt"

ANS:
"da senegalese no 4 player and captain was khalilou fadiga"

i only told u the name of the senegalese national team captain tongue

the senegalese player jay-jay okocha fought with was "Mbaye Badji" with jersey number "8" wink
Re: Ronaldinho Or Okocha: Who Is More Skillful? by mochafella(m): 9:47pm On May 22, 2006
erm,

Fadiga was wearing 10, Papa Diop was wearing 4. Papa Diop was also captain. The player JJ "hit" was Badji wearing 8. But apparently it was Diop who "harrassed" the referee into giving the red card.
Re: Ronaldinho Or Okocha: Who Is More Skillful? by spikelord(m): 8:34am On May 23, 2006
ok, but Fadiga wasn't the captain then!
Re: Ronaldinho Or Okocha: Who Is More Skillful? by amodu(m): 10:22am On May 23, 2006
This is not the matter of setlement Okocha is better than Ronaldhinho
Re: Ronaldinho Or Okocha: Who Is More Skillful? by Priscila(f): 10:23am On May 23, 2006
You wish.
Re: Ronaldinho Or Okocha: Who Is More Skillful? by babwilms(m): 12:39pm On May 23, 2006
@amodu. I beg tell them ohhhhhhh. Okocha is no doubt more skillful than Dinho. He's got bare tricks, you dont know what is going to do next with the ball. Dinhoo however you can tell what is going to do next, mostly step overs and because he's fast while doing that most defenders find it hard to stop him.

I remebered once, okocha lifted the ball over a palyer's head and the guy stood their staring at the sky, turned round on the same spot in search of the ball, while okocha has already controlled the ball, under his feet, waited for this guy to realise what has just happenned to him before he carried on playing. It takes someone special to do this during a crucial match.
Re: Ronaldinho Or Okocha: Who Is More Skillful? by spikelord(m): 2:03pm On May 23, 2006
Okocha is just more skillful than Ronaldinho. Any other aspect, then Ronaldinho is far better!
Re: Ronaldinho Or Okocha: Who Is More Skillful? by Jackal(m): 2:24pm On May 23, 2006
I am going to rest ma case here.
Some fans here are just too patriotic than factual.
How can Okocha be more skillful than Ronaldinho? Okocha wan steal am?
Y'all guys need to broaden your scopes in football. U need to visit a sport's video library and watch more on Ronaldinho.
Okocha is not even up to a quarter of Ronaldinho. Lets forget the fact that Dinho learnt from Okocha. Ronaldinho has added some more deft and sublime touches to his skills plus he's got a better goal sense than Okocha.

@Babwilms,
The moves u described in your comment can be done by anyone. Cristiano Ronaldo does that everytime and its nuthing compared to what Wizard Dinho can do. If u don't believe me, go n see Eric Cantona's video clips of "joga bonito". U will marvel at what Dinho has turned football into.
Re: Ronaldinho Or Okocha: Who Is More Skillful? by babwilms(m): 4:34pm On May 23, 2006
@jackal. You dont get the whole point of what he did and the manner in which he did it. The question is can Dinho stop play after taking on a player, just waiting for him to come back to his sense. I don't think so. But Okocha did

No doubt Cristinado Ronaldo, or Dinho can lift a ball over a players head. But can they make a player turn round in form of a circle, eyes firmly gazed at the sky in search of the ball, while the ball has already been controlled in front of the player, the play has stopped, just waiting for this guy to realise the ball is not up their no more. Oh the guy suddenly realised the ball in front of him, Okocha took him on again as if what he just did to him wasn't enough.

This guy that just got dribbled shaked his head in disbelief at what Okocha just did. Dinho can only dream of such scenerio.
Re: Ronaldinho Or Okocha: Who Is More Skillful? by opeemi1(m): 5:54pm On May 23, 2006
@babwilms and @goodguy

I am solemnly behind you wink(hope u know that already), you have given all this people enough reasons to prove that Okocha is still a Father over Ronaldinho.

All I want to say is that Dinho is a son to Okocha and I will keep saying it, you might say that he a new realm of Okocha, but he can never be wiser than his father.

If you had seen him in teams that can manupulate his skills in matches, I bet you, you won't dream of comparing both of them ever. I don't just know how Bolton did it but what is done is done and I pity them very much cause they might be forced back to there position when Okocha wasn't there.

Never Underestimate the Skills of OKOCHA

THEY ARE DEADLY

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Manchester United Player Salaries 2017-18 (highest Wage Bill In Premier League) / Enyimba Players Mercilessly Beaten By Plateau United Fans (Photos) / Rodrigo Tried To Finger Santiago Trellez' Backside During Match (Photos)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.