Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,120 members, 7,818,361 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:32 PM

Reasons Why Parents Should Never Fight Or Argue In Front Of Their Children - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Reasons Why Parents Should Never Fight Or Argue In Front Of Their Children (1650 Views)

The Boy Died An Hour After Bathing. All Parents Should See This / Things Parents Should Never Say Around Kids / Is It Proper To Fight Or Argue In The Present Of The Kids? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Reasons Why Parents Should Never Fight Or Argue In Front Of Their Children by Bootylicious(f): 12:07pm On Mar 11, 2013
Parents Constant Arguments Drives 12-Year-Old Boy To Commit Suicide.

A sad mood engulfed a village after a 12-year-old boy committed suicide by hanging himself last night.
It is said that the boy locked himself in his room after the parents argued at their house. He had earlier on complained to his friends that his dad always quarreled with his mother and he was not happy about his parents’ lifestyle.

To continue reading, the source is :http://abidemiolaojo..ae/2013/03/parents-constant-arguments-drives-12.html

Re: Reasons Why Parents Should Never Fight Or Argue In Front Of Their Children by Nobody: 1:28pm On Mar 11, 2013
Yeah,its actually a terrible act for parents to constantly fight in the presence of their kids.this brings to my remembrance a story my dad jisted me some time back that he has a friend that whenever he quarrels with his wife,he wont eat her food that day.he will pick his cars keys and say oya children,lets go to mr biggs.he will eat there and spend sometime with his kids.whenever he comes home,he will totally ignore his wife and just sleep.anyway this rend continued for a while and after some time the kids noticed that daddy and mummy didn't quarell and one of his 5 year old kid asked daddy,daddy wont you fight with mummy so that we can go to mr biggs.the father just covered up by saying there will no longer be fight in this house again,that was when the father stopped that childish behaviour

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why Parents Should Never Fight Or Argue In Front Of Their Children by Bootylicious(f): 2:28pm On Mar 11, 2013
hahahha so funny...Its indeed a childish behavior and some men are women but in men's skin
kulyie: Yeah,its actually a terrible act for parents to constantly fight in the presence of their kids.this brings to my remembrance a story my dad jisted me some time back that he has a friend that whenever he quarrels with his wife,he wont eat her food that day.he will pick his cars keys and say oya children,lets go to mr biggs.he will eat there and spend sometime with his kids.whenever he comes home,he will totally ignore his wife and just sleep.anyway this rend continued for a while and after some time the kids noticed that daddy and mummy didn't quarell and one of his 5 year old kid asked daddy,daddy wont you fight with mummy so that we can go to mr biggs.the father just covered up by saying there will no longer be fight in this house again,that was when the father stopped at childish behaviour
Re: Reasons Why Parents Should Never Fight Or Argue In Front Of Their Children by greatgod2012(f): 3:30pm On Mar 11, 2013
Its not even sane for any parents to be fighting in d presence of the children, its not good for their psychology at all, it leads to kids asking unanswerable questions, it makes kids unhappy. Initially,anytime me and hubby are playing and hugging, my kids start crying, we have to do everything to convince them that its just playing and not fighting, now, they are used to it, whenever we are playing now, they also join us.
It reminds me of a kid i heard of, he was just enrolled in primary school and when d teachers ask for his mother's name, he said...."oloriburuku" and for father's name, he said....."were", and d teacher asked why he mentioned those names, he said that is what they use to call each other, d parents were later called and counselled by d school authority and told them how they have negatively affected the kid's psychology......... I just hope parent know that our children are our mirror, our attitudes have a long way to reflect d type of attitude our kids will develop, most of d time, our kids grow up to be like us. Let us always be our children's good role models, by laying good examples for them to emulate always.
May God help us all.
Re: Reasons Why Parents Should Never Fight Or Argue In Front Of Their Children by Nobody: 5:42pm On Mar 11, 2013
"Initially,anytime me and hubby are playing and hugging, my kids start crying, we have to do everything to convince them that its just playing and not fighting, now, they are used to it, whenever we are playing now, they also join us".

@GreatGod,this got me laughing.The difference is that my kids will actually attack their dad,punching with their little fists and yelling.It took time for them to understand that its just play,now they join in,no more punching their dad.What baffles me is the fact they actually know that is the lady that need to be defended,if am hitting their dad and he calls on them for rescue,they will just burst out laughing.They are just toddlers but kids of these days.......
Re: Reasons Why Parents Should Never Fight Or Argue In Front Of Their Children by kay9(m): 7:08pm On Mar 11, 2013
smiley
Re: Reasons Why Parents Should Never Fight Or Argue In Front Of Their Children by greatgod2012(f): 8:09pm On Mar 11, 2013
byvan: "Initially,anytime me and hubby are playing and hugging, my kids start crying, we have to do everything to convince them that its just playing and not fighting, now, they are used to it, whenever we are playing now, they also join us".

@GreatGod,this got me laughing.The difference is that my kids will actually attack their dad,punching with their little fists and yelling.It took time for them to understand that its just play,now they join in,no more punching their dad.What baffles me is the fact they actually know that is the lady that need to be defended,if am hitting their dad and he calls on them for rescue,they will just burst out laughing.They are just toddlers but kids of these days.......

actually, that is exactly how it is with us here, but now, when we start, its my first kid that will first say....."dad and mum have started again"......lol....sometimes, they may join us, sometimes, he will tell his younger ones to live us alone and that they should continue to enjoy their whatever they are doing at that time.....lol, kids of nowadays seem to be more mature than their ages, my sister, and that is one of d reasons why we have to be more careful when these kids are around us.
May God help us all.

(1) (Reply)

Should A MAN And His Wife Bath Together In Public Bathroom? / Breast Feeding Your Baby In Public. How Bad! / Would You Marry A Woman With 3 Children?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.