Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,239 members, 7,818,814 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:33 AM

FG Pays N81.7bn On Customs Software - Programming (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / FG Pays N81.7bn On Customs Software (6657 Views)

The Kind Of Naija Bank Account Used To Receive Pays From Google Play Store / American Company Pays Nigerians To Learn Computer Programming / Facebook Pays £24k To Hackers In 'bug Bounty' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Pays N81.7bn On Customs Software by brownciga: 1:56pm On Mar 19, 2013
B4 the coming of webb fontaine into Nigeria,all the Nigeria custom transactions were done manually,thereby leaving room to custom officers to siphon money. They only remit anything they feel like to the Nigerian Government.
In the year 2006, FGN decided to bring in webb fontaine to develop a single platform for general custom transaction.Part of the agreement that was reached with FGN,was that they webb fontaine will collect 0.6% of wat Nigeria custom generates monthly. I challenge those custom officers propagating these rumors to come out and tell Nigerians, how much they were making b4 webb fontaine came in? and how much has FGN realized from this contract? since webb fontaine came in Nigeria custom has always been surpassing it targets,if anybody doubt me, the fact is always there to check. The job of webb fontaine is not only to provide software,but also technical support, maintenance e.t.c

Pls, we should not allow all these paid journalists to start fooling Nigerians,just because they Nigeria custom want to go back to there manual ways.

3 Likes

Re: FG Pays N81.7bn On Customs Software by Gates174(m): 2:02pm On Mar 19, 2013
sheyie2007: Gather some nigerian developers give them 10 billie, they'll ceeate that system under a year

Are you kidding sheyie, if a Nigerian met them with such a deal for 1billion annually, they 'll still turn it down...
Re: FG Pays N81.7bn On Customs Software by oladrogo(m): 2:25pm On Mar 19, 2013
majekleo: Now who's the real "theif"? , when people seat and loot government fund with pen, paper and just a signature. For Gods sake this staggering amount of money can fkn cause me sleepless nights when I think of it. Does any one need to be told that Govt. Officials in Nigeria are the most corrupt. For Gods sake that money would educate millions of Nigerians and also put f_u_c_k_i_n_g good food of millions of starving peoples table. OMG! I weep for my beloved Nigeria.

My friend , pls stop weeping and noise making. We've saying this for God knows when and still poping out everyday . What we need is co-operation to figth all these thieves come 2015 we can make through collective understanding
Re: FG Pays N81.7bn On Customs Software by Pergrace: 2:34pm On Mar 19, 2013
ochukoccna: Now you know why Nigeria is one of the easiest places to make money in this planet
Especially if you know 'gofment' people cheesy

You are right bros..
Re: FG Pays N81.7bn On Customs Software by roselynbas(f): 4:50pm On Mar 19, 2013
what are they creating? software to go to heaven which I am very sure wont be up to half that amount. What will the software do? why are they over inflating contracts? when will this end? Jonathan, be careful! If Nigeria was your personal business would you manage it the way you are doing? who signed this money to which firm? what kind of wickedness is this. A tracking software for our inefficient ports?

There is no software that cannot be mirrored. Contact companies line Maersk, DHL, Fedex etc. They have the same application already designed. just modify it to suit your needs.

why do you all condone unarmed robbery. I am just tired of this rulers. Non is a leader!
Re: FG Pays N81.7bn On Customs Software by FlyboyZee: 9:31pm On Mar 19, 2013
ypzilanti: Capital flight! We want to create employment, yet GEJs government buys dustbins from from europe and sofware from Dubai.

F00l! Was GEJ the President on 1st January, 2006.
Please, get a life and stop looking for cheap popularity here on Nairaland since it seems to be crowded with Anti-GEJ, Anti-Government and Anti-Establishment mofos and mogoons.

#JustThinkingAloudAnyways#
Re: FG Pays N81.7bn On Customs Software by Jeboy(m): 5:11am On Mar 20, 2013
It just shows we have so many uneducated illiterate on Nairaland,no wonder the average Nigerian Youth is unemployable,lacking in enterpreneurship skills.If the likes of Micheal Faraday,Lander brothers,Aristotle, Socrates,even our own fathers like the Awos,Balewas did as most of us are doing,they wouldn't have achieved much.

Please don't rush into a thread like a mad dog and start doing what a 5 year intelligent boy won't do. If you guyz had taken your time to read and comprehend, you will know when the contract was given by which govt. Another thing,I know how much FG gets yearly frm Custom, dat amount paid is childs play.Lastly, its a software that is internationally recognised and used in other countries.If u want us to use Nigerian Software, start with Word,Excel and little softwares.Even Nigerian Banks including Microfinance do not use local software.Don't be too hasty to nail GEJ foolishly, it won't earn you any award rather it will expose your STU-PI-DI-TY.

1 Like

Re: FG Pays N81.7bn On Customs Software by authurowen(m): 10:32pm On Mar 22, 2013
81.7 Billion!?

I'm not exactly sure what was written in the Requirements Document for that project (If there was any) but 82 Billion Naira is still $500 million but for 1% of that money (which is still too much but since they have the money to burn, I will take it) It will take 7 of me less than a year to build whatever they wanted... and use the rest to establish jobs for young graduates.

This is utter bull-shit

(1) (2) (Reply)

Computer Science In University Of Lagos(unilag) ? / Dreamweaver vs FrontPage / Elearning Website Development: Top 12 Tips For Creating A Successful Marketplace

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.