Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,177 members, 7,815,123 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:46 AM

8-year-old Boy Marries 61-year Old Mother Of Five To Please The Ancestors - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / 8-year-old Boy Marries 61-year Old Mother Of Five To Please The Ancestors (533 Views)

28 Year Old Mother Dumps New Born Baby In A Nylon Bag On The Street (photo) / 8-year-Old Boy Marries 61-Year-Old Woman In Zimbabwe / 21 Years Old Boy Marries 52 Years Old Woman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

8-year-old Boy Marries 61-year Old Mother Of Five To Please The Ancestors by Creamz(m): 1:32pm On Mar 11, 2013
The school boy aged eight ties the knot with a woman aged 61.
Little Sanele Masilela got hitched in front of 100 guests to mum-of-fiveHelen Shabangu, who already has ahusband.
The couple swapped rings and kissed in the ceremony in Tshwane, South Africa, which Sanele claimed his dead ancestors ordered him to arrange.But he and his bride did not sign a marriage certificate and do not live together.
His family, who forked out £1,500 on the wedding, insisted it was only a ritual and was not legally binding.
Sanele said: “I told my mother I wanted to get married as I really did want to.
“I’m happy that I married Helen. When I’m older I will marry a lady my own age.”
The boy’s 46-year-old mum Patience said: “Sanele’s grandfather asked him to get married before he died. He chose Helen because he loves her.
“By doing this we made the ancestors happy. If we hadn’t, something bad would have happened in the family.”
Helen said: “It is what the ancestors wanted.”

SOURCE: http://www.mynaijagist.com/8-year-old-boy-marries-61-year-old-mother-of-five-to-please-the-ancestors/

1 Like

Re: 8-year-old Boy Marries 61-year Old Mother Of Five To Please The Ancestors by FRR1: 1:39pm On Mar 11, 2013
Wierd and scary things are happening in this world everyday...Hmmmm!!

(1) (Reply)

Printing Industry On Five Acre For Sale ! Functioning - 2billion Naira / Should I Go Ahead And Remarry? / Shocking: 9-year-old Boy Commits Suicide

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.