Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,038 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:25 AM

How To Start Charcoal Export Business - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How To Start Charcoal Export Business (3129 Views)

How To Start Profitable Charcoal Export Business In Nigeria / Charcoal Export Business Discussion / Bitter Kola And Charcoal Export Biz (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Start Charcoal Export Business by Dereal1(m): 2:23pm On Mar 11, 2013
In countries like Kuwait , Israel and other Asian countries, it is all-year round and order is placed from January through December.

However, there are some big time importers in Europe who also order all year round. Companies like Big K Charcoal Limited and Diamond Fuel etc, in the United Kingdom order all year round.

There are certain standard requirements to be met in charcoal exports; parameters like fix carbon, Ash content, volatile matter, moisture content need to meet buyers specification. Some of the buyers use their local agents to inspect here when loading. Others sometimes request for presentation of sample of the product before shipment.

Packaging of charcoal is usually done to the specification of the buyer. Some want bulk packaging, in which case, the charcoal is tipped into open high cube containers while others prefer packaging into finished packs like 3kg, 5kg, 10kg and 15kg. Shipping is done through a reputable forwarding company and Terms of Trade can either be by letter of credit or Cash Against Document. The latter is however easier and less costly than the former.

Specifically, the current price of charcoal (bulk delivery) is between $140 to $ 160 per ton (FOB Nigerian ports). Smaller packs in paper and carton cost between $260 to $280 per ton also FOB Nigerian port.
For more info click on the export link below:
Re: How To Start Charcoal Export Business by water4qb: 5:41pm On Mar 11, 2013
my email is water4qb@yahoo.com . Pls send
Re: How To Start Charcoal Export Business by megar01: 4:34pm On Mar 19, 2013
De-real:

In countries like Kuwait , Israel and other Asian countries, it is all-year round and order is placed from January through December.

However, there are some big time importers in Europe who also order all year round. Companies like Big K Charcoal Limited and Diamond Fuel etc, in the United Kingdom order all year round.

There are certain standard requirements to be met in charcoal exports; parameters like fix carbon, Ash content, volatile matter, moisture content need to meet buyers specification. Some of the buyers use their local agents to inspect here when loading. Others sometimes request for presentation of sample of the product before shipment.

Packaging of charcoal is usually done to the specification of the buyer. Some want bulk packaging, in which case, the charcoal is tipped into open high cube containers while others prefer packaging into finished packs like 3kg, 5kg, 10kg and 15kg. Shipping is done through a reputable forwarding company and Terms of Trade can either be by letter of credit or Cash Against Document. The latter is however easier and less costly than the former.

Specifically, the current price of charcoal (bulk delivery) is between $140 to $ 160 per ton (FOB Nigerian ports). Smaller packs in paper and carton cost between $260 to $280 per ton also FOB Nigerian port.
For more info click on the export link below:

Please how do i go about getting foreign importers? What to look out for and how much charcoal goes for now when exporting.

my email is oluoyesiku@maybeent.com
Hope to hear back from you.
Re: How To Start Charcoal Export Business by Jbrain88: 5:40pm On Mar 19, 2013
Pls want to knw where to get d chacoal n how much will port autority charge for exportation.
Re: How To Start Charcoal Export Business by Nobody: 9:31pm On Mar 19, 2013
I have someone who deal with charcol in lagos. Pls can u details me how i can start this business. Am interested in it. Nigerwide08@gmail.com
Re: How To Start Charcoal Export Business by RockSuit: 9:30am On Mar 20, 2013
Hello house,
i have access to Charcoal but my problem is how to source for International buyers, please help
Re: How To Start Charcoal Export Business by okans1: 10:08am On Mar 20, 2013
Kindly send info to okans.segun@gmail.com
Re: How To Start Charcoal Export Business by Guarantor(m): 5:58pm On Mar 27, 2013
My mail is a_4labi@yahoo.com.
Re: How To Start Charcoal Export Business by EXPORTFINANCE: 12:37pm On Sep 30, 2015
I need Oak charcoal in large quantity 24mt/container...if you can supply to Lagos port...kindly contact me on 08077881934 serious suppliers please....
Re: How To Start Charcoal Export Business by EXPORTFINANCE: 3:20pm On Nov 30, 2015
funding available for charcoal export...08077881934
Re: How To Start Charcoal Export Business by johndik(m): 9:48pm On Jul 09, 2019
nice writeup

(1) (Reply)

I Need List Of Nigerian Facebook Groups To Promote My Website / List Of Fake Loan Apps In Nigeria You Should Avoid / How Can I Export Bittercola, Ginger, Charcoal Etc.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.