Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,837 members, 7,838,002 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 01:45 PM

Long Term Position (trend) Forex Trading Alerts/discussion - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Long Term Position (trend) Forex Trading Alerts/discussion (8887 Views)

Binary Option Free Alerts/strategies Season 3 / Forex Trading - Season 13 / Forex Trade Alerts - Season 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Long Term Position (trend) Forex Trading Alerts/discussion by naira4ever(m): 3:04pm On Mar 19, 2013
efe22: Below was my response in another thread yesterday. This is not an endorsement or convinction to bestow your trust on any broker which ironically also means you can't be a forex trader lol. Truth is the ones on my quote are far better than the accused and they posses all the qualities you asked for. Wish you all the best.

Thanks for that, sir. Actually I ahve been hearing of Oanda and read lot about hot forex. Are they English and/or American based and regulated brokers cos am tired of these Russian-Asian scam brokers? What about Alpari and other UK based brokers? Pls i need more help on this.
Thanks a lot.
Re: Long Term Position (trend) Forex Trading Alerts/discussion by naira4ever(m): 3:10pm On Mar 19, 2013
efe22: Below was my response in another thread yesterday. This is not an endorsement or convinction to bestow your trust on any broker which ironically also means you can't be a forex trader lol. Truth is the ones on my quote are far better than the accused and they posses all the qualities you asked for. Wish you all the best.

Thanks for that. Actually I have been hearing and seeing adverts on Oanda and also read a lot on hotforex. Hope they are not from these Russian- Asian based brokers that just have offices in UK. What about Alpari and some of those UK and American based and regulated brokers? Pls I need more of your responses and advice on this. Thanks a lot
Re: Long Term Position (trend) Forex Trading Alerts/discussion by naira4ever(m): 3:11pm On Mar 19, 2013

ok thanks
Re: Long Term Position (trend) Forex Trading Alerts/discussion by MDCEO1: 4:10pm On Mar 19, 2013
@Op, really good job here.
I think being a long term trader is the way to go.
I started forex as a short term trader (placing very short term trades and scalping), first demo then later went live some years back during d forex hype, but the whole short term trading and scalping thingy was almost giving me hypertension. My eyes were always glued to the laptop screen, and even when I managed to get myself away from the computer, I was always going to check my trades every 5minutes or so. Eventually, it seemed more of a bondage than a brand new source of income. It wasn't fun at all. To make matters worse, I blew my initial capital then due to poor training, poor money management principles (never practised risk management at all) and lack of control on my emotions. So I stopped.
Now, a bit wiser from my past experience, and also because of the demands of my work and time constraints, I'm thinking of coming back, but this time as a long term/position trader. I think, even though u might make less profit as a long term trader because you don't follow the daily ups and downs of the market hoping to catch every single pip, the time freedom and peace of mind it gives you is priceless.
This your thread looks inspiring.
I've forgotten most of what I used to know....its been quite a while since I looked at anything forex-related.
I'll be asking questions as we go along.
Thumbs up!
Re: Long Term Position (trend) Forex Trading Alerts/discussion by naira4ever(m): 5:13pm On Mar 19, 2013
naira4ever: Selling USD/CAD @ mkt price if it closes below the resistance 1.0233 for like 100 pips, SL around 1.0255

Lost 39 pips on the above trade sha! Happens once in a while. As i said earlier, will patiently and diligently wait to a nice up this week and may be beyond.
Re: Long Term Position (trend) Forex Trading Alerts/discussion by naira4ever(m): 5:16pm On Mar 19, 2013
MD-CEO:
@Op, really good job here.
I think being a long term trader is the way to go.
I started forex as a short term trader (placing very short term trades and scalping), first demo then later went live some years back during d forex hype, but the whole short term trading and scalping thingy was almost giving me hypertension. My eyes were always glued to the laptop screen, and even when I managed to get myself away from the computer, I was always going to check my trades every 5minutes or so. Eventually, it seemed more of a bondage than a brand new source of income. It wasn't fun at all. To make matters worse, I blew my initial capital then due to poor training, poor money management principles (never practised risk management at all) and lack of control on my emotions. So I stopped.
Now, a bit wiser from my past experience, and also because of the demands of my work and time constraints, I'm thinking of coming back, but this time as a long term/position trader. I think, even though u might make less profit as a long term trader because you don't follow the daily ups and downs of the market hoping to catch every single pip, the time freedom and peace of mind it gives you is priceless.
This your thread looks inspiring.
I've forgotten most of what I used to know....its been quite a while since I looked at anything forex-related.
I'll be asking questions as we go along.
Thumbs up!

You are heartily welcome into the Happy Family, sir! where 'Patience' is the Holy Grail and 'Simplicity' is the Key.
Re: Long Term Position (trend) Forex Trading Alerts/discussion by Fabville: 8:20pm On Mar 19, 2013
naira4ever: I am begiining to feel scared by the comments/complaints of fraudulent activities by instaforex all over the internet. Though I hav been with them since 2011 i ahve not had major problem except if I deposit with card they will not pay me both my capital and the profit upon withdrawal. The fact that they are not regulated except their local (Russian) trading laws is enough to push one away. I have tried xemarkets, fxcc and others but their withdrawal process is slow.
Please traders in the house, which broker is better (i won't say 'the best') and what are you reasons for the recommendation? Please don't include bonus offer but their service efficiency & transparency level in terms of trade execution & accountability. Thanks for your response in advance.

I am also using insta forex. I started with them in 2012. I also heard some disturbing news about them as well then. But i have not heard any issue with them. I deposit and withdraw through my Dom account. I don't request for any bonus whatsoever from them. So far, i am okay with them. What i enjoy most is their swap-free account.
Re: Long Term Position (trend) Forex Trading Alerts/discussion by naira4ever(m): 10:04pm On Mar 19, 2013
@Fabville, thanks for that on instaforex, I will hang on with them a while.
Guys, what are you saying about market at the end of today's close? Any possible trade, pls or your commentary on any pair.
Re: Long Term Position (trend) Forex Trading Alerts/discussion by naira4ever(m): 11:05pm On Mar 19, 2013
I am placing a sell stop order on USD/JPY below the nearest support 94.08 targeting 92.20 about 200 pips, SL @ 95. A break of this support to the down side may lead to down fall of this pair. Please check, as I stand to be corrected.
Good night!
Re: Long Term Position (trend) Forex Trading Alerts/discussion by fullman(m): 5:19am On Mar 20, 2013
i have decided to help with free signals and lectures...you will find it helpful and intresting. the secret to making it without stress in forex just like my facebook and all others are free. http://www.facebook.com/pages/Free-Forex-Signals/119944534856940 there is an ongoing free signals of AUDUSD
Re: Long Term Position (trend) Forex Trading Alerts/discussion by samuelkanu: 9:41am On Mar 20, 2013
fullman: i have decided to help with free signals and lectures...you will find it helpful and intresting. the secret to making it without stress in forex just like my facebook and all others are free. http://www.facebook.com/pages/Free-Forex-Signals/119944534856940 there is an ongoing free signals of AUDUSD
Hey mister stop spamming everywhere on this forum. If you know you can contribute here not all these signals we do not know how you generate them
Re: Long Term Position (trend) Forex Trading Alerts/discussion by naira4ever(m): 2:15pm On Mar 20, 2013
samuelkanu:
Hey mister stop spamming everywhere on this forum. If you know you can contribute here not all these signals we do not know how you generate them

You are correct, man. He think say na mungun baby traders dey here now. No space for spammers joo. lol
Re: Long Term Position (trend) Forex Trading Alerts/discussion by naira4ever(m): 2:18pm On Mar 20, 2013
UJ is running away from my pending sell stop order. Anyway, by the end of the day/wk, we shall see how far it can run sha.
Re: Long Term Position (trend) Forex Trading Alerts/discussion by naira4ever(m): 10:48pm On Mar 20, 2013
The EUR/USD closed bullish today after rejecting d support @ 1.2843. We could see d beginning of an uptrend possibly breaking up 1.2955 which may eventually take us to 1.3105. Note that the gap on this week open is yet to close.

Traders looking forward to buying GU should patienly wait for the easy break of key resistance 1.5176/98 to the upside for a free ride to the north London targeting 1.5630.

EA finds support @ 1.2402 tpday and closed higher than yesterday's open. There is possibilty of an uptrend as the euro is gathering momentum against major pairs. It seems this downtrend is getting or already exhausted. We will look for price action set up above 1.2500 to enter long.

Good night!
Re: Long Term Position (trend) Forex Trading Alerts/discussion by fxjones(m): 11:44pm On Mar 20, 2013
Set to buy GU at 1.5100 eyeing 1.6103 with stop at 1.4951
Re: Long Term Position (trend) Forex Trading Alerts/discussion by topsyn03(m): 1:52am On Mar 21, 2013
You guys are wonderful here. I never knew there was forum and GURUS like this that makes forex so simple. In fact i was inspired with all the analysis have read so far. Please i really need you guys to tutor me please cos have been struggling with forex for some times now looking and searching for the BEST,RIGHT,SIMPLE AND RELIABLE trading strategy to use to make consistency in this market.I blew off my initial capital in just a day due to poor training and trading. It was a bad experience for though i never give up cos I believe strongly that forex is real, but am the one that is getting it wrong. Presently i have $400 in my trading account which i don't want to lose and i believe this time i won't lose. Am a day trader which i really want to learn from you guys. Please i really need your help. May God help every one in this forum. cry
Re: Long Term Position (trend) Forex Trading Alerts/discussion by badoutyn(m): 5:04am On Mar 21, 2013
Topsyn03,dont worry you will not loose that account,just follow various analysis as it comes.And trade with caution without not allowing any greed mindset.And always take forex as real business and not a get rich business.

@Naira4ever,We are beginning to see the new upward move in the EU,GU,EJ,GJ,GOLD(Almost all the gap have been close).I think this Cyprus bailout will make a difference and am sure ECB,will make a balance of the Europe economy more stable in the coming week.
Re: Long Term Position (trend) Forex Trading Alerts/discussion by ayox2003: 6:27am On Mar 21, 2013
topsyn03: You guys are wonderful here. I never knew there was forum and GURUS like this that makes forex so simple. In fact i was inspired with all the analysis have read so far. Please i really need you guys to tutor me please cos have been struggling with forex for some times now looking and searching for the BEST,RIGHT,SIMPLE AND RELIABLE trading strategy to use to make consistency in this market.I blew off my initial capital in just a day due to poor training and trading. It was a bad experience for though i never give up cos I believe strongly that forex is real, but am the one that is getting it wrong. Presently i have $400 in my trading account which i don't want to lose and i believe this time i won't lose. Am a day trader which i really want to learn from you guys. Please i really need your help. May God help every one in this forum. cry

Saw ur pm and I've replied but the bolded doesn't exist.

May God help us all.

Frawzey
Re: Long Term Position (trend) Forex Trading Alerts/discussion by topsyn03(m): 7:40am On Mar 21, 2013
badoutyn thanks so much, @ayox i saw your msg which have replied thanks so much
Re: Long Term Position (trend) Forex Trading Alerts/discussion by naira4ever(m): 9:08am On Mar 21, 2013
@badoutyn, you are right about EURO pairs and GBP. Technically, there are some strategic levels that I will patiently for to be broken for a total breakout before leaping in as I said above.
I hail all here, you are all doing great and to our new brother, topsyn, you are warmly welcome. I can boldly say to you that your losing days are over if you follow trade commentaries and discussions going on here. Simplicity is the key and Patience is the Master key to unlock success door in this business.
I have replied to your pm.
Re: Long Term Position (trend) Forex Trading Alerts/discussion by topsyn03(m): 9:18am On Mar 21, 2013
naira4ever thank you so much. Have replied the the mail sir
Re: Long Term Position (trend) Forex Trading Alerts/discussion by topsyn03(m): 9:27am On Mar 21, 2013
Please everybody in the room have entered a sell on EUR/USD and am on 10pip profit. please am i right or wrong
Re: Long Term Position (trend) Forex Trading Alerts/discussion by naira4ever(m): 12:36pm On Mar 21, 2013
topsyn03: Please everybody in the room have entered a sell on EUR/USD and am on 10pip profit. please am i right or wrong

You could be right or wrong my bros as anything is possible. I am not on pc right now to view the char but i can see from my mobile that the price is around 1.2914 now. If you are taking intraday trade i think you could catch a few pips to the downside and take note of the support around that price on 4 hr TF, also expect anything as the new york session opens but on the long term, I stay aside.
Re: Long Term Position (trend) Forex Trading Alerts/discussion by topsyn03(m): 12:53pm On Mar 21, 2013
Thanks so much my brother have already closed 45pips profit b4 the retracement. So am waiting for NY session.
Re: Long Term Position (trend) Forex Trading Alerts/discussion by naira4ever(m): 1:33pm On Mar 21, 2013
topsyn03: Thanks so much my brother have already closed 45pips profit b4 the retracement. So am waiting for NY session.

Ok. NY session will decide wether th pair will push downward or the support will hold making the retracement an active one.
I have replied your mail.
Re: Long Term Position (trend) Forex Trading Alerts/discussion by naira4ever(m): 1:35pm On Mar 21, 2013
topsyn03: Thanks so much my brother have already closed 45pips profit b4 the retracement. So am waiting for NY session.

ok. you doing good.
I have replied to your mail
Re: Long Term Position (trend) Forex Trading Alerts/discussion by topsyn03(m): 1:58pm On Mar 21, 2013
Thanks for the encouragement yes i saw it am trying to call but i think the network is bad. Please if you see any sell signal on EUR/USD or buy on USD/CHF please kindly paste it here cos i don't want to gamble. Thanks
Re: Long Term Position (trend) Forex Trading Alerts/discussion by naira4ever(m): 2:16pm On Mar 21, 2013
topsyn03: Thanks for the encouragement yes i saw it am trying to call but i think the network is bad. Please if you see any sell signal on EUR/USD or buy on USD/CHF please kindly paste it here cos i don't want to gamble. Thanks

ok. You are doing good.
Re: Long Term Position (trend) Forex Trading Alerts/discussion by topsyn03(m): 2:38pm On Mar 21, 2013
please is there any confirmation of going short on NSD/USD
Re: Long Term Position (trend) Forex Trading Alerts/discussion by naira4ever(m): 6:32am On Mar 22, 2013
Lomg term positions with a wide stop loss and hold for a week or 2:
Sell UJ below 94.00
Buy GU above 1.5190/200, SL: 1.5025.
Your commentary/contribution and additional trade ideas on above and other pairs are welcomed, please.
Re: Long Term Position (trend) Forex Trading Alerts/discussion by topsyn03(m): 7:47am On Mar 22, 2013
Naira4ever please all the terminologies you are using/saying here i don't get it. What/which currency one is UJ and GU please.
Re: Long Term Position (trend) Forex Trading Alerts/discussion by fxjones(m): 8:59am On Mar 22, 2013
EJ's Yesterday' close below the 122.52 price mark, is a clear confirmation of further downward move to 118.79, if selling at the current price best longterm stop should be at 126.15, Not much pips compare to the stop level, but to be on the safe side and avoid market noise. I am currently long on GU at 1.5100 eyeing 1.6103

Happy trading

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Foodstuff Export / Barclays may remove Nigeria's Membership In EM Local Currency Bond Index / Comandclem Nigeria Limited: My Doubts.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 124
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.