Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,777 members, 7,837,827 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 11:15 AM

Long Term Position (trend) Forex Trading Alerts/discussion - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Long Term Position (trend) Forex Trading Alerts/discussion (8886 Views)

Binary Option Free Alerts/strategies Season 3 / Forex Trading - Season 13 / Forex Trade Alerts - Season 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Long Term Position (trend) Forex Trading Alerts/discussion by naira4ever(m): 9:10am On Mar 28, 2013
@learner1
I had earlier read about ur losses on other Forex trade alert thread and I decided to keep quiet over it cos those guys overthere seem to be forex generals. Anyway, I agree with and respect ur sole decision but here is my brotherly advice: 1.) Take some leave off live trading and open a demo account. I want to reveal a secret to you - any strategy that u are using that works with 50 - 60% winning rate on lower time frame will sure work/perform better on higher tmie frame like daily but the problem with most traders is 'Impatience and fear'. So, I advise that u use that ur strategy or some other strategies that u have on daily time frame while demo trading for like 3 months. 2.) There is tendency that many will perform well on demo trading but fail woefully on live account even with d same strategy applied on both because demo account will not improve trading psychology as in emotional contol and money management. After a period of demo trading and u feel like going live, u may fund a live account with little amount like $25' $30 or $50 max using the least lot size 0.01 on all ur trades. This is to enable u work on ur mm, emotion and fear of loss. In my early years of trading while lerning, I opened a live account with Marketiva the and they gave me $5 bonus. I did not fund d account until I was able to turn that $5 to $12. U don't believe that? Yeah, that' what patience and mm will do for you.
Do not be greedy, do not overtade ur accout - 2 - 3 open trades at a time is ok. The market is not going anywhere as long as country currencies exist, forex trading will not cease. It was there decade ago and it will still be centuries to come. So, no reason to rush. Take ur time to study but do't quit. Reemeber ' Winners don't quit and Quitters don't win.

1 Like

Re: Long Term Position (trend) Forex Trading Alerts/discussion by namdo(m): 9:19am On Mar 28, 2013
I am excited seeing this thread. thanks guys. I am short on EUR/JPY, GBP/JPY, EUR/GBP. I agree that all yen instruments are begining leap into a bear trend. However i think there should be a close monitor of policy events from the new pro stimulus Japan Government who promised agressive QE. Good morning.
Re: Long Term Position (trend) Forex Trading Alerts/discussion by topsyn03(m): 9:39am On Mar 28, 2013
naira4ever: @learner1
I had earlier read about ur losses on other Forex trade alert thread and I decided to keep quiet over it cos those guys overthere seem to be forex generals. Anyway, I agree with and respect ur sole decision but here is my brotherly advice: 1.) Take some leave off live trading and open a demo account. I want to reveal a secret to you - any strategy that u are using that works with 50 - 60% winning rate on lower time frame will sure work/perform better on higher tmie frame like daily but the problem with most traders is 'Impatience and fear'. So, I advise that u use that ur strategy or some other strategies that u have on daily time frame while demo trading for like 3 months. 2.) There is tendency that many will perform well on demo trading but fail woefully on live account even with d same strategy applied on both because demo account will not improve trading psychology as in emotional contol and money management. After a period of demo trading and u feel like going live, u may fund a live account with little amount like $25' $30 or $50 max using the least lot size 0.01 on all ur trades. This is to enable u work on ur mm, emotion and fear of loss. In my early years of trading while lerning, I opened a live account with Marketiva the and they gave me $5 bonus. I did not fund d account until I was able to turn that $5 to $12. U don't believe that? Yeah, that' what patience and mm will do for you.
Do not be greedy, do not overtade ur accout - 2 - 3 open trades at a time is ok. The market is not going anywhere as long as country currencies exist, forex trading will not cease. It was there decade ago and it will still be centuries to come. So, no reason to rush. Take ur time to study but do't quit. Reemeber ' Winners don't quit and Quitters don't win.
Nice talk bro winners don't quit and quitters don't win. He should jst blv he can do it. I lost over $600 in jst a day and now am back. I think he have to relax and go back to demo for some time
Re: Long Term Position (trend) Forex Trading Alerts/discussion by naira4ever(m): 8:58pm On Mar 28, 2013
On a short term,

Buy EU @ 1.28155/1.28185
SL: 1.27507
TP 1: 1.2902 (76 Pips)
TP 2: 1.2978 (152 Pips)

Buy EG @ 0.84663
SL: 0.84146
TP: 0.85167 (50 Pips)

Enjoy your Easter holiday as you harvest green pips.
Re: Long Term Position (trend) Forex Trading Alerts/discussion by naira4ever(m): 11:02pm On Mar 28, 2013
On a long term,
Selling AUD/USD @ 1.04050
SL: 1.05000
TP: Open (Down ride to the south)

Good night!

Re: Long Term Position (trend) Forex Trading Alerts/discussion by topsyn03(m): 6:33am On Mar 29, 2013
naira4ever: On a long term,

Good night!
Am with you in this but waiting for 4hr tf retracement before i pull my trigger smiley smiley smiley smiley
Re: Long Term Position (trend) Forex Trading Alerts/discussion by Fabville: 11:01am On Mar 29, 2013

Good night!

I will still have to wait on that for my technical confirmation. This is the picture of what i am seeing. I may be wrong or late into it but it is what i see that i'll trade.

Re: Long Term Position (trend) Forex Trading Alerts/discussion by naira4ever(m): 12:06pm On Mar 29, 2013
Fabville:

I will still have to wait on that for my technical confirmation. This is the picture of what i am seeing. I may be wrong or late into it but it is what i see that i'll trade.

Unfortunately am not a fan of heavily customised indicators like this, they just scare me. I trade almost a stripped down naked price chart with that trend line. yeah, we trade what we see, if we are wrong either way, stop loss and sound MM are in control. We are both on the same side.
Re: Long Term Position (trend) Forex Trading Alerts/discussion by naira4ever(m): 5:03pm On Mar 29, 2013
it seems the market is so dull today, no significant price movement. What could that be? Easter holiday or what?
Re: Long Term Position (trend) Forex Trading Alerts/discussion by Fabville: 7:26am On Mar 30, 2013
naira4ever: it seems the market is so dull today, no significant price movement. What could that be? Easter holiday or what?

Market trading sideways was the effect of the festive period. Many people have left the market to go and celebrate Good Friday and Easter so no real volatility in the market.
Re: Long Term Position (trend) Forex Trading Alerts/discussion by samuelkanu: 5:07pm On Mar 31, 2013
Fabville:

Market trading sideways was the effect of the festive period. Many people have left the market to go and celebrate Good Friday and Easter so no real volatility in the market.
Mr fabville, please can you share that your pinbar detector indicator.Had it on my former computer and i have been looking for it since without success. Thanks in advance
Re: Long Term Position (trend) Forex Trading Alerts/discussion by Fabville: 10:25pm On Mar 31, 2013
samuelkanu:
Mr fabville, please can you share that your pinbar detector indicator.Had it on my former computer and i have been looking for it since without success. Thanks in advance
Here you go. That is it for your taking.

Re: Long Term Position (trend) Forex Trading Alerts/discussion by naira4ever(m): 7:20am On Apr 01, 2013
I would like to say a big welcome to everyone here present and all prospective fx traders that will be joining us soon on this thread. Hope you all enjoyed your Easter holiday. Once again, Happy New Month and welcome to the blissful quarter of green pips on our side.

The AU started on a good note with what I think is a short journey to the south. We would be looking for a price action buy signal around 1.0360/45 to continue its uptrend. The outright downward break of this support area will further lengthen its southern journey to key support 1.0235.
Cheers!
Re: Long Term Position (trend) Forex Trading Alerts/discussion by topsyn03(m): 10:26am On Apr 01, 2013
Please can any1 explain to me how to calculate my take profit and stop loss? for example assuming i enter a trade on

UJ at 94.764,how will i calculate my 20pips stop loss and 20pips take profit

AJ at 97.55, how will i calculate my 20pips stop loss and 20pips take profit

EJ at 120.165, how will i calculate my 20pips stop loss and 20pips take profit

Please explain for me
Re: Long Term Position (trend) Forex Trading Alerts/discussion by naira4ever(m): 11:21am On Apr 01, 2013
topsyn03: Please can any1 explain to me how to calculate my take profit and stop loss? for example assuming i enter a trade on

UJ at 94.764,how will i calculate my 20pips stop loss and 20pips take profit

AJ at 97.55, how will i calculate my 20pips stop loss and 20pips take profit

EJ at 120.165, how will i calculate my 20pips stop loss and 20pips take profit

Please explain for me

You did not tell us your position whether you are buying or selling the pairs but i will try to explain based on the 2 possible scenarios:

If you are selling UJ @ 94.764, your 20 pips SL will be placed @ 94.964 (20 pips above ur entry price) and ur TP 20 pips will be placed @ 94.564 (20 pips below ur entry price). The opposite will be the case if you are buying UJ.

Selling AJ @ 97.55, ur SL is 97.75 (20 pips above entry price) and Exit (TP) is 97.35 (20 pips below entry price). The opposote will be the case if you are buying AJ.

If you are buying EJ @ 120.165, ur SL will be 119.965 (20 pips below entry) and Exit (TP) is 120.365. The opposite will be the case if you are selling.

Summarily, simply add or subtract 0.20 to your entry price on either of the 2 scenarios.

Hope it helps.
Re: Long Term Position (trend) Forex Trading Alerts/discussion by topsyn03(m): 12:36pm On Apr 01, 2013
naira4ever:

You did not tell us your position whether you are buying or selling the pairs but i will try to explain based on the 2 possible scenarios:

If you are selling UJ @ 94.764, your 20 pips SL will be placed @ 94.964 (20 pips above ur entry price) and ur TP 20 pips will be placed @ 94.564 (20 pips below ur entry price). The opposite will be the case if you are buying UJ.

Selling AJ @ 97.55, ur SL is 97.75 (20 pips above entry price) and Exit (TP) is 97.35 (20 pips below entry price). The opposote will be the case if you are buying AJ.

If you are buying EJ @ 120.165, ur SL will be 119.965 (20 pips below entry) and Exit (TP) is 120.365. The opposite will be the case if you are selling.

Summarily, simply add or subtract 0.20 to your entry price on either of the 2 scenarios.

Hope it helps.
THANK YOU SO MUCH I NOW UNDERSTD
Re: Long Term Position (trend) Forex Trading Alerts/discussion by martog: 12:36pm On Apr 01, 2013
Greetings! Nice thread. I like this. keep it up guys.
Re: Long Term Position (trend) Forex Trading Alerts/discussion by jfxt: 8:39pm On Apr 01, 2013
bro i sent u PM

Good night!
Re: Long Term Position (trend) Forex Trading Alerts/discussion by naira4ever(m): 10:21pm On Apr 01, 2013
jfxt: bro i sent u PM

Replied, sir.
Re: Long Term Position (trend) Forex Trading Alerts/discussion by fxjones(m): 10:25pm On Apr 01, 2013
BUY

Entry 1.0421
SL 1.0306
TP 1.0621

Happy trading
Re: Long Term Position (trend) Forex Trading Alerts/discussion by fxjones(m): 10:25pm On Apr 01, 2013
BUY AU

Entry 1.0421
SL 1.0306
TP 1.0621

Happy trading
Re: Long Term Position (trend) Forex Trading Alerts/discussion by martog: 10:46pm On Apr 01, 2013
ALERT!

Sell Eur/Jpy @ 119.789
SL @ 120.939
TP @ 117.089

Please use good MM.
Goodluck! sorry, goodluck is taken by Jonathan. I, rather would say best of luck!
Re: Long Term Position (trend) Forex Trading Alerts/discussion by naira4ever(m): 10:51pm On Apr 01, 2013
It seems AU is resuming its uptrend as price rejected 1.0385 level forming a bullish reversal (Pin) bar against the formerly speculated 1.0360 level.

EU also closed bullish forming a bullish engulfing bar which totally engulfs the previous bar. This could suggest a possible change of EU direction. Buy @ 1.2870 SL @ 1.2750 and fasten your belt for a flight as high as 300+ pips above sea level. Guard your trading account with sound MM please.
Re: Long Term Position (trend) Forex Trading Alerts/discussion by Saintigk(m): 11:28pm On Apr 02, 2013
How secure is fxcm?
Re: Long Term Position (trend) Forex Trading Alerts/discussion by samuelkanu: 9:44pm On Apr 04, 2013
Fabville:
Here you go. That is it for your taking.
Fabville, you are blessed!!!
Re: Long Term Position (trend) Forex Trading Alerts/discussion by SIGAJ(m): 3:21pm On Apr 19, 2013
WHICH PLATFORM DO U TRADE ON? WHICH BROKER?
Re: Long Term Position (trend) Forex Trading Alerts/discussion by naira4ever(m): 8:07pm On Jul 04, 2013
Unbanned at last!

NFP tomorrow. if you are not sure of a possible trade set up. please step aside and close your pc. The best way not lose your money is by not trading your money away.

Warren Buffet says:
Rule 1. Do not lose money.
Rule 2. Remember rule 1.

Long term trading resumes next week.

Love you all!
Re: Long Term Position (trend) Forex Trading Alerts/discussion by topsyn03(m): 10:35pm On Jul 04, 2013
Longest time miss you so much
Re: Long Term Position (trend) Forex Trading Alerts/discussion by naira4ever(m): 5:49am On Jul 05, 2013
topsyn03: Longest time miss you so much

Yeah, my big bros i miss you too.
We will get there.
Re: Long Term Position (trend) Forex Trading Alerts/discussion by topsyn03(m): 7:06am On Jul 05, 2013
naira4ever:

Yeah, my big bros i miss you too.
We will get there.
Amen

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Barclays may remove Nigeria's Membership In EM Local Currency Bond Index / Comandclem Nigeria Limited: My Doubts. / Businesses Have Lost N1.46tn To Forex Shortage – LCCI

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.