Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,700 members, 7,809,655 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:33 PM

The Journey From Accra To Lagos By Road. - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / The Journey From Accra To Lagos By Road. (48944 Views)

Trekking From Accra To Lagos for IDPs / My Journey From Nigeria To Dubai With Pictures / Journey From Lagos To Anambra By Road In Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Journey From Accra To Lagos By Road. by UnknownMember: 3:26pm On Mar 12, 2013
Mobsync:

Ur own sef too much @bolded. What were u driving at? Even I myself got scared the moment I read it cheesycheesycheesycheesycheesy

Simple question, see the answer ehn give.. No wonder dem consider am suspect.. angry
Re: The Journey From Accra To Lagos By Road. by Nobody: 3:27pm On Mar 12, 2013
THOSE PICTURES LOOK STRESSFUL.

1 Like

Re: The Journey From Accra To Lagos By Road. by yuzedo: 3:34pm On Mar 12, 2013
Unknown Member:

Since when did the Nigerian security agencies get the right to search your Laptops, phones and other devices?! angry

See wetin Okoko like you don cause. angry Now because some retar`ds allowed them search and molest and harass hem like this, they will now think it is legal to do so.

No bloody officer of any law enforcement will dare search my Laptop. I will rather they arrest me than allow my right to be abused. Thats a personal property and a violation of my space.

That type of search is very illegal. What exactly is immigrations looking for on your laptop?!

Na people like una dey make Police people think say dem be Commando.. angry

If I see you, I swear to God, na slap you go chop.. angry

Now because of you, I no go pass Seme Border ever again.. angry
Unknown Member:

Simple question, see the answer ehn give.. No wonder dem consider am suspect.. angry
You no know my rights as enshrined in and guaranteed by the 1999 constitution pass me broda. Maybe I just wanted to humor the nigga? Besides, some babe was sending me na..ked pictures so i wanted him to see it so that e go jealous am. tongue

Ok but seriously tho, I might be joking, but my nigga you need to lighten up if we don't have beef ok? I wasn't going to delay an already delayed journey when it would cost me NOTHING to oblige his foolish request. A man of power knows when to show himself.

4 Likes

Re: The Journey From Accra To Lagos By Road. by yungblurd(m): 3:36pm On Mar 12, 2013
Orikinla:

They have reported it countless times for decades. But the corrupt people in power simply ignore these reports and continue with their business as usual.
God bless you for this< The Sun ran a story on this issue back in 2007 consistently for 2 weeks.
Re: The Journey From Accra To Lagos By Road. by ypzilanti: 3:38pm On Mar 12, 2013
bory09: Then.....what? Is it only in nigeria. Is it today you are seeing such thing, kini big deal. Why come to nairaland you suppose go to one market to the other and start shouting. Rubbish, secret they no fy keep na to shout na him dem no. Abeg jare

Im sure you are one of those cooks at the border.
Re: The Journey From Accra To Lagos By Road. by babadey(m): 3:38pm On Mar 12, 2013
Unknown Member:

Since when did the Nigerian security agencies get the right to search your Laptops, phones and other devices?! angry

See wetin Okoko like you don cause. angry Now because some retar`ds allowed them search and molest and harass hem like this, they will now think it is legal to do so.

No bloody officer of any law enforcement will dare search my Laptop. I will rather they arrest me than allow my right to be abused. Thats a personal property and a violation of my space.

That type of search is very illegal. What exactly is immigrations looking for on your laptop?!

Wa pen be!!... They luv your type
Re: The Journey From Accra To Lagos By Road. by Nobody: 3:44pm On Mar 12, 2013
VOTE PDP OUT COME 2013 AND THE FED. GOVT WILL SIT UP
Re: The Journey From Accra To Lagos By Road. by Reptyle(m): 3:47pm On Mar 12, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: These are some of the things the Nigerian press should investigate and highlight. But unfortunately they'r too busy reporting politics.

The issue with Seme and the road thereto and therefrom has been the subject of numerous articles in the past.

I remember that a former colleague during my days in the media won an award for investigative reporting when he embarked on the trip undercover and wrote an in-depth and extensive report on the horrors Nigerians face on that route daily.
Re: The Journey From Accra To Lagos By Road. by Reptyle(m): 3:49pm On Mar 12, 2013
yuzedo: Lol! Went thru this crap last month. The foolish immigrations people singled me out for random search/questioning.

What do you do? I am a Financial Analyst in a Private Equity firm. Ok, please come down from the bus.

They go through my phone. They go through my laptop! On my laptop they saw the movie "Police Academy" and raised alarm, what am I doing with sensitive documents eh? Is this not the Police Academy in Kano? This must be classified info! Who are you and why do you have this on your system?

Chai! See the ignorant, illiterates we entrust our security!

I got home at 12am that day after leaving Accra at 7.30am. Meanwhile some days prior to that I arrived accra at 8pm. All because the Nigeria axis is a failed portion of the journey.

Police Academy, Kano! grin grin grin

Dude with an answer like that, you are lucky they did not label you a foreign spy. grin Haba! kila gbe kile ju? cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: The Journey From Accra To Lagos By Road. by lovetterrison(m): 3:50pm On Mar 12, 2013
yuzedo: Lol! Went thru this crap last month. The foolish immigrations people singled me out for random search/questioning.

What do you do? I am a Financial Analyst in a Private Equity firm. Ok, please come down from the bus.

They go through my phone. They go through my laptop! On my laptop they saw the movie "Police Academy" and raised alarm, what am I doing with sensitive documents eh? Is this not the Police Academy in Kano? This must be classified info! Who are you and why do you have this on your system?

I got home at 12am that day after leaving Accra at 7.30am. Meanwhile some days prior to that I arrived accra at 8pm. All because the Nigeria axis is a failed portion of the journey.
this one cracked me up..9ja police TRY TO GET SOME IQ
Re: The Journey From Accra To Lagos By Road. by Nobody: 3:50pm On Mar 12, 2013
ROAD TRIP IN AFRICA / Two American brothers attempt to drive from Ghana to Nigeria. Along the way, it becomes clear that the main rule is that there are no rules.

Dan Hoyle, Special to The Chronicle

Read more: http://www.sfgate.com/travel/article/ROAD-TRIP-IN-AFRICA-Two-American-brothers-2556343.php#ixzz2NKy9oyU2
Re: The Journey From Accra To Lagos By Road. by UnknownMember: 3:54pm On Mar 12, 2013
yuzedo:

You no know my rights as enshrined in and guaranteed by the 1999 constitution pass me broda. Maybe I just wanted to humor the nigga? Besides, some babe was sending me na..ked pictures so i wanted him to see it so that e go jealous am. tongue

Ok but seriously tho, I might be joking, but my nigga you need to lighten up if we don't have beef ok? I wasn't going to delay an already delayed journey when it would cost me NOTHING to oblige his foolish request. A man of power knows when to show himself.

Bros,

No mind me jor, na background vex I dey vex..

But on the reals sha, Travellers who pass through the airports dont get their laptops searched, so why would the immigrations at the land borders think that it is alright to search peoples laptops?! angry

Omo! Me I no go gree sha. And them must carry me go station. Shey Baba Suwe now account balance dey read 25million now..

Officer, I no go open the lappy unless you show me court order! Arrest me and take me to the station.. Oya na!! Lets go!
Re: The Journey From Accra To Lagos By Road. by UnknownMember: 3:55pm On Mar 12, 2013
baba dey:

Wa pen be!!... They luv your type

Actually, they dont.

I like quarrel pass fight o!! I go enter station lie down there sleep.

1 Like

Re: The Journey From Accra To Lagos By Road. by AbuHanifa: 3:58pm On Mar 12, 2013
This reminds me of my University days. My colleagues organized a Ghana trip from Lagos State University. I was given a free ticket being a leader of a society then. I dashed out my ticket because I lost interest in the jamboree. When those that went came back, they arrived Lagos like refugees/fugitive from Sudan. They looked haggard, tattered and chattered. Some came back with broken heads, disjointed arms.

I inquired what happened along the way. I was told some thugs at Seme border stopped them and asked for money without any justification after heavily paying the govt agencies. This led to free for all as the thugs went for reinforcement. The LASU bus taken to Ghana was badly damaged. This made our students took up the fight at least to show the Nigerianess in them. Their arrival was horrible.

Gents! Our border is a show of how our country is.

1 Like

Re: The Journey From Accra To Lagos By Road. by baby124: 4:21pm On Mar 12, 2013
AbuHanifa: This reminds me of my University days. My colleagues organized a Ghana trip from Lagos State University. I was given a free ticket being a leader of a society then. I dashed out my ticket because I lost interest in the jamboree. When those that went came back, they arrived Lagos like refugees/fugitive from Sudan. They looked haggard, tattered and chattered. Some came back with broken heads, disjointed arms.

I inquired what happened along the way. I was told some thugs at Seme border stopped them and asked for money without any justification after heavily paying the govt agencies. This led to free for all as the thugs went for reinforcement. The LASU bus taken to Ghana was badly damaged. This made our students took up the fight at least to show the Nigerianess in them. Their arrival was horrible.

Gents! Our border is a show of how our country is.

grin grin grin grin grin
Re: The Journey From Accra To Lagos By Road. by EvilSirit: 4:31pm On Mar 12, 2013
[quote author=Unknown Member]

Actually, they dont.

[/quote
Re: The Journey From Accra To Lagos By Road. by deboydebo: 4:35pm On Mar 12, 2013
Mehn! de day i was persuaded by ma girl Friend to take dat road.............i decided never to ever try it anymore, it takes u d whole day just 4 a 40mins flight journey.its crazy!
Re: The Journey From Accra To Lagos By Road. by Tropilo(m): 4:36pm On Mar 12, 2013
Toaskarity: Thats really a good news . "Thank God im not a nigeryian" tongue

Thank GOD we dont need you!

2 Likes

Re: The Journey From Accra To Lagos By Road. by tajulasblog(f): 4:36pm On Mar 12, 2013

Chai ignorance is a disease, police academy Kano, how dumb.
and these are d people guardn us, u sef for tlk say u be trader or mechanic they wld hve left u alone the grammer u used flawed them. Pele
Re: The Journey From Accra To Lagos By Road. by Abrantie: 4:40pm On Mar 12, 2013
jerseyboy: ROAD TRIP IN AFRICA / Two American brothers attempt to drive from Ghana to Nigeria. Along the way, it becomes clear that the main rule is that there are no rules.

Dan Hoyle, Special to The Chronicle

Read more: http://www.sfgate.com/travel/article/ROAD-TRIP-IN-AFRICA-Two-American-brothers-2556343.php#ixzz2NKy9oyU2

"David told us to give him our money. "These Nigerians, they will take all your money. They see American, they will take you to one small room." My throat went dry. "I have seen it with my own eyes, they take five hundred, one thousand dollars. Those Nigerians are very wicked people." It is the common comment about the Nigerian character."

cheesy ... Sounds like something I'd say.

2 Likes

Re: The Journey From Accra To Lagos By Road. by Bright2(m): 4:48pm On Mar 12, 2013
My dear , na so we dey cable that road every week oo! Weder Government like am or not we must use that road!
Re: The Journey From Accra To Lagos By Road. by Nobody: 5:00pm On Mar 12, 2013
Abrantie:

"Those Nigerians are very wicked people."

That line has hung into my memory ever since I read that story many years ago
Re: The Journey From Accra To Lagos By Road. by beejay4all(m): 5:00pm On Mar 12, 2013
U guys are Great ,thanks 4 d Info infact it we really Help 4 those trval by roads from 9ja 2 Accra.
Re: The Journey From Accra To Lagos By Road. by solomon111(m): 5:02pm On Mar 12, 2013
I believe the security situation in Nigeria,is the reason for that kind of scrutiny.

1 Like

Re: The Journey From Accra To Lagos By Road. by bornosheikh: 5:23pm On Mar 12, 2013
Accra to Lagos - by road - u dey crase!

My brodas and sistas - i will let you into a secret...forget road, go by sea.

YES, ask local woodman to build you a 20ft wooden boat - buy Yamaha outboard motor - buy life-jacket - practise your front crawl/doggy paddle in case of emergency and you will be then ready for travel.

You will avoid the packs of hungry hyenas on the road - you can carry 50K luggage, no wahala - you can bring back big booty Ghana house-girl Maame or Nana without passport - you will not be stopped once - stay close to coastline (3km) - any further out, you go meet pirates.

Good luck

1 Like

Re: The Journey From Accra To Lagos By Road. by Revolva(m): 5:41pm On Mar 12, 2013
Unknown Member:

See you just dey make mouth here ..its just you have not been in that situation..those folks are heartless oo!!! If they mean you..you will become the scapegoat for the day..you will be locked up and delayed and na you go loose..notin will happen..cos you are in the middle of no where in a border better respect dem and if na small kola pinch dem...don't dare to fight dem...when you do that that's when they suspect you are a rougue...can you imagine what happen to me and my friend back in 2004 when we got to owode border.. We boarded okada to cross us to benin..just a 15 min ride..na so our yeye immigration stop us for a search ..they saw an old reciept of purchase of chairs..which my friend dad forgot in his travellin bag and that's d same bag my friend took along..this idiots said we are forging reciepts for importin contraband goods and we gave dem almost all our money..they delayed us for 3hours arguing with them --oo dem no gree na back to lagos..kirikiri sha dem dey treaten us..I tire..na so we give dem up to 15k..na water I drink from there reach ghana ..with only 4500naira to reach ghana from naija border..I wan cry..hunger..tiredness..infact when we got to ghana we were stranded..for a month cos we got no money to come back..its a friends we visited ..popman dat saved us back to naija..

2 Likes

Re: The Journey From Accra To Lagos By Road. by RedLight1: 6:17pm On Mar 12, 2013
yuzedo: There are no fine girls on the buses sef... Na so so ghana house-geh dey full bus, while fine, rich, sweet babes with ice-cream laps dey use plane.... You go siddon for 10hrs with person wey dey come sell ghana bread and banku for Oshodi... Longggggggggggg Hissssssssssssss!!!!! angry angry cry
grin grin grin grin lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed why u sef dey follow road go ghana now
Re: The Journey From Accra To Lagos By Road. by 4peace(m): 6:24pm On Mar 12, 2013
Unknown Member:

do they tell you say na seme only them search all those thing,i remembered wetin dem talk me do for aflao in nov 2010 on those gadgets
Re: The Journey From Accra To Lagos By Road. by bcomputer101: 6:25pm On Mar 12, 2013
Una no serious... If terrorist enter trough that route, na you people go dey complain...

My suggestion is that dos officers sud be put to check for there inhuman attitude on dat route.
Re: The Journey From Accra To Lagos By Road. by yuzedo: 6:31pm On Mar 12, 2013
Red-Light:
grin grin grin grin lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed why u sef dey follow road go ghana now
I wanted to see neighbouring countries myself. For the record/experience sad sad sad who get money to dash Arik by beginning of year kwanu? grin grin
Re: The Journey From Accra To Lagos By Road. by RedLight1: 6:34pm On Mar 12, 2013
Trigger Happy: African leaders are savages, they don't give a phuck abt their people.
now u are talkin like human grin grin cool thats what u gaynians on nairaland dont understand ...the issue of bad leadership is african thing but u gaynians love to make it nigerian thingy ..thats why i love bashing u people grin
Re: The Journey From Accra To Lagos By Road. by RedLight1: 6:42pm On Mar 12, 2013
Unknown Member:

Actually, they dont.

choiiii Nigerians no go kill me with laff

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Air Peace Plane Overshoots Runway In Port Harcourt / Flood Takes Over Okota Area In Lagos (photos) / Relocating To Gambia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.