Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,126 members, 7,953,484 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 05:08 PM

When You Are Moody Or Downcast, What Is It That Makes You Cheer Up? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / When You Are Moody Or Downcast, What Is It That Makes You Cheer Up? (889 Views)

What Makes You Feel Your Spouse Is The Best? / Funny Things Parents' Do That Makes You Chuckle! / Women: Why Do We Get So Moody During That Time Of The Month, How Can We Control (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

When You Are Moody Or Downcast, What Is It That Makes You Cheer Up? by manosteel(m): 4:40am On Mar 12, 2013
Sometimes, We found ourselves in a Moody condition or depressed, maybe as a result of family pressure, Work pressure, delayed expectations or inability to meet certain challenges. At this point, nothing seems to make you happy but somehow, there is something that does the magic and helps you brightens up. Someone will say "read your Bible or Koran and pray to God, you will be fine." For me, when I'm downcast, I hate reading the Bible or even praying to God because I'm not happy with everything. One thing that Makes me cheer up is Country Music. I feel better listening to country music at that point. What about you?
Re: When You Are Moody Or Downcast, What Is It That Makes You Cheer Up? by greatgod2012(f): 6:13am On Mar 12, 2013
As for me.......in no particular order, one or more of these is/are what i do when im depressed/moody.................
1. I think about the good things that had happened or is happening to me.
2. I think about those im presently better than, that makes me to be thankful to God from within, thus making me happy unconciously from within.
3. I listen to good, melodious and thanksgiving music/songs, sometimes, i sing along, it makes my heart/mind merry from within.
4. I visit positive oriented people, i mean, people who have one time or the other impacted into my life positively.
5. I seek for counselling, when and where necessary, depending on the cause of the depression
6. I read my bible and motivational books.
May God help us all.
Re: When You Are Moody Or Downcast, What Is It That Makes You Cheer Up? by 4tunebest(f): 7:38am On Mar 12, 2013
I remember God's promises and covenant concerning my life and it keeps my heart at peace 'cos He didnt promise a smooth Journey; He only promised a smooth landing.
Re: When You Are Moody Or Downcast, What Is It That Makes You Cheer Up? by Nobody: 7:58am On Mar 12, 2013
When i used to be in school,i used to be moody when exams are fast approaching,then when i am also menstrating,i get very and extremly moody,when i have disagreements with my friend or siblings,i get moody too
Re: When You Are Moody Or Downcast, What Is It That Makes You Cheer Up? by feminineA: 8:16am On Mar 12, 2013
There are times that everything don't make sense. Don't even feel like reading my bible. Feel does. Preferential treatment and all. If spirit filled songs doesn't help what help is talking it out. Mostly with my hubby. We reason together,then he can quote the scriptures to back up his point and it will make sense to me. Also you can just take a walk to clear ur head
Re: When You Are Moody Or Downcast, What Is It That Makes You Cheer Up? by BukkyDan(f): 9:22am On Mar 12, 2013
Each time I feel bad, I just read my Bible, and guess what? I'd imagine I could hear God saying "cheer up daughter, I'm still here for you"
and the rest would be history.
Re: When You Are Moody Or Downcast, What Is It That Makes You Cheer Up? by mercifull(f): 11:30am On Mar 12, 2013
I listen to gospel music-worship songs.in a short while I start singing along.
Re: When You Are Moody Or Downcast, What Is It That Makes You Cheer Up? by manosteel(m): 11:32am On Mar 12, 2013
As for my wife, whenever she is Moody, she likes to cry, only then she will feel better.
Re: When You Are Moody Or Downcast, What Is It That Makes You Cheer Up? by specialguest(f): 10:29pm On Mar 13, 2013
When i am moody, i remind myself that no one is responsible for my happiness but me. So i delibrately do stuff to cheer myself up i.e listening to my favourite playlist, cooking myself a nice meal, going out for a movie or calling up my best friend to chit chat. But i have come to realise the simplest and eaziest mood swing breaker is getting down on my knees to pray.

1 Like

Re: When You Are Moody Or Downcast, What Is It That Makes You Cheer Up? by obowunmi(m): 11:32pm On Mar 13, 2013
MUSIC
Re: When You Are Moody Or Downcast, What Is It That Makes You Cheer Up? by damiso(f): 5:22am On Mar 14, 2013
Knowing that whatever am passing through at that point is a phase,people face far worse and come out stronger.

Worship music and talking to God.Even though there is no visible difference after just talking i just feel better knowing God has my back.He never said it would be easy but His promise is to bring us to an expected end.

Talking to the people i care about.

Listening to my daughter grin that girl can sure come out with some stress relievers.

I know this might seem wimpy but sometimes i just choose to blank out the issue for a while.Just keep my mind clear.Often the solution comes to me at this point rather than when i am depressed or worrying.My mum says am weird for doing that and that is soooo my dad but it works for me.To some people it seems like burying your head in the sand but to me its letting go of pressure.
Re: When You Are Moody Or Downcast, What Is It That Makes You Cheer Up? by aniffy4eva(m): 10:52pm On Mar 14, 2013
A nice shower, some wine and good sex cheesy

(1) (Reply)

My Father Still Owes Me A Pet Dog --- Olaokun Soyinka / You Need To Get This For Your Beloved Children This Holiday Period / Tips To Prevent Broken Marriages!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.