Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,107 members, 7,814,891 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:13 PM

THE CHANGING Belief DILEMMA - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / THE CHANGING Belief DILEMMA (479 Views)

The Changing Elder Arrangement Of The Watchtower Society. / The Changing WT Interpretation Of Revelation's And Daniel's Prophecy~UPDATED~ / Dilemma : Is GOD a Trinity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

THE CHANGING Belief DILEMMA by tobechi20(m): 1:00pm On Mar 12, 2013
its interessting how people get attached to belief and are convinced that their belief is true , the only truth and nothing bur the truth.

As we grow, through interaction and exchange of ideas. We tend to hear other varying ideas on the same issue. At first we tend to discard them and stick to ours. As time goes by, u sieve some sence in what blive. You either choose to stand on urs like a loyal servant or partially modify our initial belief or even totally accept the new belief and discard our previous belief.

Initially we uphold our belief. Ready to defend it as the absolute truth against others until we see things from another perspective.we tend to agree to this and either mmodify or totally accept it and then uphold and defend our new belief until we come across another belief which makes sence . The cycle continues over and over again.

I believe this has happened to every one. Am i alone in tthis.
Re: THE CHANGING Belief DILEMMA by oaroloye(m): 5:03pm On Jan 30, 2017
SHALOM!

tobechi20:
its interessting how people get attached to belief and are convinced that their belief is true , the only truth and nothing bur the truth.

As we grow, through interaction and exchange of ideas. We tend to hear other varying ideas on the same issue. At first we tend to discard them and stick to ours. As time goes by, u sieve some sence in what blive. You either choose to stand on urs like a loyal servant or partially modify our initial belief or even totally accept the new belief and discard our previous belief.

Initially we uphold our belief. Ready to defend it as the absolute truth against others until we see things from another perspective.we tend to agree to this and either mmodify or totally accept it and then uphold and defend our new belief until we come across another belief which makes sence . The cycle continues over and over again.

I believe this has happened to every one. Am i alone in tthis.

It took me five years to understand that only YAHSHUA'S WORDS are THE GOSPEL, and everyone else in Christianity fell short.

. JOHN 8:30-36.

30. As he spake these Words,
many believed on him.
31. Then said Jesus to those Jews
which believed on him,
"If ye continue in my Word,
then are ye my Disciples indeed;
32. "And ye shall know The Truth,
and The Truth shall make you Free."
33. They answered him,
"We be Abraham's Seed,
and were never in bondage to any man:
how sayest thou,

'YE SHALL BE MADE FREE?' "

34. Jesus answered them,
"Verily, verily, I say unto you,

'WHOSOEVER COMMITTETH SIN
IS THE SERVANT OF SIN.
35. 'AND THE SERVANT ABIDETH
NOT IN THE HOUSE FOR EVER:
BUT THE SON ABIDETH EVER.'

36. "If the Son therefore shall make you free,
ye shall be free indeed."

(1) (Reply)

Purpose: Created To Illuminate / A Foolish Virgin (ii) / Nail In The Fence

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.