Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,700 members, 7,816,869 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:07 PM

What's The Best Way To Recruit Graduates - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / What's The Best Way To Recruit Graduates (2019 Views)

Immigration To Recruit 5,000 Personnel Soon / Good News! Immigration Set To Recruit 5,000 Officers / New:fcmb,first Bank Access Bank,recruit Graduates Again: Check Them Out (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What's The Best Way To Recruit Graduates by Barcholder: 1:18pm On Mar 12, 2013
Hi All

What's the best way to reach and recruit young hungry unemployed graduates in Lagos? We are looking to recruit a large team of 100 people to be able to sell our product in the market.

We are a UK based company with large operations across Europe. We are bringing Solar Power Systems to Nigeria in a big way, and have just agreed a 100% financing deal with a major bank, so buyers will get a loan from the bank to purchase the system as long as they meet their lending criteria. Our systems guarantee 24 hours electricity for each home, and cost approximately N1.3m - N1.5m.

We will pay extremely generous commissions for each sale made. N20,000 per sale, plus an additional 20% bonus for meeting targets. I imagine that a good sales person will be able to make 3-5 sales each week, and will therefore make at least N240k per month.

Can anybody who either knows how to reach graduates, or indeed is interested in working for us please reply.
Re: What's The Best Way To Recruit Graduates by malawi14(m): 2:36pm On Mar 12, 2013
I'll love to.
Re: What's The Best Way To Recruit Graduates by Barcholder: 1:26am On Mar 13, 2013
malawi14: I'll love to.

Many thanks for your interest. Please send me a copy of your CV to:

uvie.ugono@urecruitme.co.uk

We'll be in touch with further information

Regards

Uvie Ugono
Re: What's The Best Way To Recruit Graduates by 234GT(m): 8:20am On Mar 16, 2013
I hope this is not a scam. By the way, do you have solar power systems that can power a branch of a commercial bank with over 40 computer systems lights and about seven industrial air conditioners? Please reply.
Re: What's The Best Way To Recruit Graduates by Barcholder: 1:07pm On Mar 16, 2013
234GT: I hope this is not a scam. By the way, do you have solar power systems that can power a branch of a commercial bank with over 40 computer systems lights and about seven industrial air conditioners? Please reply.

This is certainly not a scam. The Solar Industry is growing rapidly around the world, with the world leaders, Germany, accounting for as much as a third of their entire energy output. In Australia, over 10% (8 million) of all households now own Solar Power Systems, and the market continues to grow rapidly.

In Nigeria, a country in which the economics of converting to Solar are more compelling than any other in the world, due to:

1. The incredibly high costs of electricity as a result of continued reliance on diesel generators (conservatively, households alone are estimated to spend N3.5tn a year on purchasing generators and diesel for their homes, excluding maintenance costs)

2. The abundance of sunlight across the country

there has been next to no penetration of Solar Power. This has largely been due to the lack of knowledge, and the high initial costs of installation.

There has been a significant reduction in the cost of Solar Panels in the last 2 years, to the point where it is now extremely affordable for the majority of businesses and households in Nigeria. Our company, Solynta Ltd is poised to be at the forefront of this enormous growth market, and with the financing solutions we have negotiated with a major bank, are able to make solar energy a reality for most homes and businesses, and eliminate the reliance of diesel generators, and it's extreme costs.

In direct response to your question, yes, we are indeed able to provide a solar power system capable of powering a bank branch, replete with all the equipment you describe. Our Solar Power Solutions range from small homes to large factories. Research indicates that the average bank branch in Nigeria spends approximately N4m a month on diesel for their generators. It goes without saying that a Solar Power Solution will significantly improve the profitability of the business.

Our website is currently under construction, and will be live in the next couple of weeks. I will post details as soon at it's live. In the meantime, if you require any additional information, or would like to arrange an initial free consultation, in order to calculate the specific Solar Power System required for your commercial premises, and the cost, please feel free to contact me. You can reach me at my personal email address of:

uvie.ugono@btinternet.com

Kind Regards

Uvie Ugono
Managing Director
Solynta Nigeria Ltd
Re: What's The Best Way To Recruit Graduates by BizBloke(m): 1:29pm On Mar 16, 2013
Barcholder:

Uvie Ugono
Managing Director
Solynta Nigeria Ltd

Good noon. Expect my mail soon.
Re: What's The Best Way To Recruit Graduates by simple2004(m): 9:39am On Mar 19, 2013
I will like to be part. more info on contact address, training on installation etc.
Re: What's The Best Way To Recruit Graduates by Barcholder: 8:29pm On Mar 19, 2013
simple2004: I will like to be part. more info on contact address, training on installation etc.

Please send me your up to date CV to:

I'm currently compiling a shortlist of candidates for our Sales Agent position, and will be contacting successful candidates to arrange an interview, scheduled for early April. Full details to follow.

Regards

Uvie
Re: What's The Best Way To Recruit Graduates by Barcholder: 3:55pm On Mar 23, 2013
We are still collating CV's of people interested in becoming Sales Agents for our Solar Power Systems in Lagos.

Final shortlists will be made at the end of the month, and all successful parties will be invited for an interview, to be held next month.

Commission structure per sale ranges from N25,000 to N45,000. Good Agents will be able to sell 3 -5 a week.

Please send your CV to:

Thanks
Re: What's The Best Way To Recruit Graduates by Peddylove(f): 6:49pm On Mar 23, 2013
malawi14: I'll love to.
CAN A GRADUATE WITHOUT A SALES OR MARKETING BACKGROUND APPLY? IS THERE PROVISION 2 TRAIN D AGENT? WHERE IN LAGOS IS D COY SITUATED?
Re: What's The Best Way To Recruit Graduates by Barcholder: 7:37pm On Mar 23, 2013
Peddylove: CAN A GRADUATE WITHOUT A SALES OR MARKETING BACKGROUND APPLY? IS THERE PROVISION 2 TRAIN D AGENT? WHERE IN LAGOS IS D COY SITUATED?

Yes, a graduate without sales or marketing background can indeed apply. Given the nature of the product and the sales process involved, you don't necessarily need to have specific sales experience to do a good job.

However, it's critical to be possessed of great communication skills, an impecable command of language, and most importantly, a level of intelligence that allows you to be able to explain very clearly and succinctly to customers, the benefits of the systems to them. To do this, you will need to be able to absorb relatively complicated information and be able to disseminate it to a layperson in simple terms. It's for this reason that I'm seeking graduates for the position.

I hope I've been able to answer your question satisfactorily. Feel free to get back to me if you require further information.

Regards

Uvie
Re: What's The Best Way To Recruit Graduates by Peddylove(f): 8:13pm On Mar 24, 2013
K, I'LL SEND MY C.V THIS WEEK.
Re: What's The Best Way To Recruit Graduates by princessmay(f): 10:21pm On Mar 24, 2013
Peddylove: K, I'LL SEND MY C.V THIS WEEK.
sounds interesting
Re: What's The Best Way To Recruit Graduates by damep: 12:35pm On Mar 25, 2013
Re: What's The Best Way To Recruit Graduates by Barcholder: 9:17pm On Mar 27, 2013
Hi All

For anybody interested in becoming a Sales Agent for my company, Solynta Nigeria Ltd, please send your CV to the following email address:

Jobs@solynta.com.ng

Our website will be live in about a week or so, where full details of our product and service offering will be provided. And much else besides. I will confirm as soon as it's live.

Regards

Uvie
Re: What's The Best Way To Recruit Graduates by Super1759: 6:46pm On Apr 04, 2013
Is it just lagos alone?
Re: What's The Best Way To Recruit Graduates by Barcholder: 7:21pm On Apr 04, 2013
Congratulations to the first batch of Sales Agents who have made it through to the next stage of the selection process. I have been very impressed by the quality of candidates that have applied, and their deep knowledge and understanding of the Solar Industry.

I'm looking forward to further communications with them in the next few days. Our recruitment efforts are still ongoing. We have set ourselves the ambitious target of having well over 1,000 employees and agents in total within 3 years. Unemployment levels in Nigeria, especially among the youth are unacceptably high, and anything contribution we can make to reducing that, however modest, will help.

By easing the power problem in Nigeria, we hope that each company in the country will be able to hire at least 1 extra person. With well over 10 million businesses in the country, that will make a big difference to the employment levels. Together, I believe we can really make a positive change in our great country.

We are continuing to recruit Sales Agents, so please submit your CV for consideration to:

jobs@solynta.com.ng

Regards

Uvie
Re: What's The Best Way To Recruit Graduates by Peddylove(f): 9:21am On Apr 06, 2013
Barcholder: Congratulations to the first batch of Sales Agents who have made it through to the next stage of the selection process. I have been very impressed by the quality of candidates that have applied, and their deep knowledge and understanding of the Solar Industry.

I'm looking forward to further communications with them in the next few days. Our recruitment efforts are still ongoing. We have set ourselves the ambitious target of having well over 1,000 employees and agents in total within 3 years. Unemployment levels in Nigeria, especially among the youth are unacceptably high, and anything contribution we can make to reducing that, however modest, will help.

By easing the power problem in Nigeria, we hope that each company in the country will be able to hire at least 1 extra person. With well over 10 million businesses in the country, that will make a big difference to the employment levels. Together, I believe we can really make a positive change in our great country.

We are continuing to recruit Sales Agents, so please submit your CV for consideration to:

jobs@solynta.com.ng

Regards

Uvie
What is happening? I sent my c.v twice. I haven't heard anything from u, y?
Re: What's The Best Way To Recruit Graduates by Barcholder: 9:41am On Apr 06, 2013
Peddylove: What is happening? I sent my c.v twice. I haven't heard anything from u, y?

Please confirm your name. I sent out additional information to all people who's CV's were received, requesting them to answer a 5 key questions. All initial shortlists were made on the basis of their CV's plus the responses to the questions. All prospective candidates MUST complete both tasks (CV and answers) to be considered for the next stage. Please do so if you have not already done so.

See below for reference.

1. Please tell us what you know about Solar Power
2. Why do you believe Solar Power is the solution to the energy crisis currently faced by Nigeria
3. What do you see as the biggest challenge in selling our Solar Power Systems to Nigerian homes and Businesses
4. How will you overcome this challenge?
5. Tell us what you believe makes you the ideal Sales Agent for Solar Systems

Regards

Uvie

1 Like

Re: What's The Best Way To Recruit Graduates by Rotimi152(m): 6:25pm On Apr 06, 2013
Pls, can I still apply.
Re: What's The Best Way To Recruit Graduates by Barcholder: 6:46pm On Apr 06, 2013
Rotimi152: Pls, can I still apply.

Yes you can.

Regards

Uvie
Re: What's The Best Way To Recruit Graduates by adim2(m): 6:17pm On Apr 08, 2013
Can we still apply? And also will provisions be made for somebody that has good knowledge of places outside lagos state?
Re: What's The Best Way To Recruit Graduates by bibinwaka: 9:15pm On Apr 08, 2013
is dis rcrtmnt 4 Lagos only. I wil like 2 walk wit u guys bt based here in anambra state (onitsha or awka). I hav a good markting coverage of both.
Pls reply.
Re: What's The Best Way To Recruit Graduates by Barcholder: 7:49pm On Apr 12, 2013
bibinwaka: is dis rcrtmnt 4 Lagos only. I wil like 2 walk wit u guys bt based here in anambra state (onitsha or awka). I hav a good markting coverage of both.
Pls reply.

We are recruiting across Nigeria, not just Lagos. We are looking for Sales Agents to penetrate right across Nigeria. We want to end the power problem once and for all.

If you are interested, please send a copy of your CV to

jobs@solynta.com.ng

Regards

Uvie
Re: What's The Best Way To Recruit Graduates by bibinwaka: 3:46pm On Apr 16, 2013
i hav snt my c.v. - blessingnwakego@yahoo.com
i expct 2 hear 4rm u soon.

(1) (Reply)

Xtra Edge Foods Ltd. Recruiting / Update On The Federal Airport Authority Of Nigeria [faan] Recruitment Exercise / I Got My 2nd Job Tru NL

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.