Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,774 members, 7,955,956 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 07:37 PM

Need Advice From Christians: How Can I Stand Firm When Waiting Upon The Lord? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Need Advice From Christians: How Can I Stand Firm When Waiting Upon The Lord? (856 Views)

Christians, How Often Do You Read The Bible? / Intimate Temptations, Christians How Do You Cope? / Catholic Christians, How Much Do You Know Your Faith?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Need Advice From Christians: How Can I Stand Firm When Waiting Upon The Lord? by tenny07(m): 1:49pm On Mar 12, 2013
Pls I need ur candid advice have been praying to God for months but nothing seems coming wht do I do? I will appreciate if dere is a prophet or pastors in the house... Waiting for response.
Re: Need Advice From Christians: How Can I Stand Firm When Waiting Upon The Lord? by Nobody: 2:02pm On Mar 12, 2013
Good afternoon tenny,

I am of the opinion that God has given us everything we need to live a good and healthy life. The solution to your personal ish is there already...you only need to realize it and work towards achieving it. The mistake some Christians make is allowing themselves be overwhelmed by some challenges such that they refuse to do any other thing but pray. Prayer is great but Christ admonished us to watch and pray.

Praying without working hard to achieve your goals will leave you totally unsatisfied and achieving your goals would be practically impossible, unless you become extremely lucky and I don't believe that any Christian should depend on luck. Get up and face the problem head-on! The effort we put in are as important as the prayers we say.Do not allow yourself get frustrated with time-lines...if you face an ish consistently with perseverance, you will always come out tops.

Thanks!
Re: Need Advice From Christians: How Can I Stand Firm When Waiting Upon The Lord? by tenny07(m): 3:55pm On Mar 12, 2013
10qs I appreciate ur sincere contribution and concern I still look 4wd to hearing from more ppl. GBU.
Re: Need Advice From Christians: How Can I Stand Firm When Waiting Upon The Lord? by achinaboy(m): 4:18pm On Mar 12, 2013
u don`t need to hear from more people,if really you are a good christian,the only advice u need now,has been giving to you by STIKLYmI,,,,,or else in contrary,continue to wait on the lord
Re: Need Advice From Christians: How Can I Stand Firm When Waiting Upon The Lord? by JeSoul(f): 4:24pm On Mar 12, 2013
striktlymi: Good afternoon tenny,

I am of the opinion that God has given us everything we need to live a good and healthy life. The solution to your personal ish is there already...you only need to realize it and work towards achieving it. The mistake some Christians make is allowing themselves be overwhelmed by some challenges such that they refuse to do any other thing but pray. Prayer is great but Christ admonished us to watch and pray.

Praying without working hard to achieve your goals will leave you totally unsatisfied and achieving your goals would be practically impossible, unless you become extremely lucky and I don't believe that any Christian should depend on luck. Get up and face the problem head-on! The effort we put in are as important as the prayers we say.Do not allow yourself get frustrated with time-lines...if you face an ish consistently with perseverance, you will always come out tops.

Thanks!
Tenny07, this here above, is fantastic advice! you will get no better word than Striktlymi's piece. Please re-read this over and over and apply and by the grace of the Lord God Almighty, it shall be well with you and whatever you put your hands to do. Amen!
Re: Need Advice From Christians: How Can I Stand Firm When Waiting Upon The Lord? by God2man(m): 7:18pm On Mar 12, 2013
In addition to working hard, Spiritual growth is vital in this christian race. Try to develop yourself spiritually. It is a great spiritual achievement when you begin to hear God speak to you clearly, i mean not in parable, dream or dark speeches but in an audible voice. Your response to the following questions will determine your future in the Lord.

How many Bible verses can you memorize? Have you received the baptism of the Holyghost with the evidence of speaking in tongue? How many christian books have you read? When was the last time you attend a christian seminar or prayer meeting? Have you watched any christian film before ? Like Mount zion films. Can you fast for a whole day? Two days, three days, or more. Do you belong to a group in your local church? Do you attend housefellowship? How many minutes can you pray ? What about evangelism? What are you doing to deliver souls from hell? What about money? Are you doing anything to help your local church finacially? Look around you, and see what you can do to make people happy.

My brother, take up the challenge, and do something extraordinary for Jesus then you will see how heaven will be clapping for you.

God bless you.

God2man.
Re: Need Advice From Christians: How Can I Stand Firm When Waiting Upon The Lord? by tenny07(m): 10:54pm On Mar 12, 2013
10q u all 4 raising my hopes.. GBU all.
Re: Need Advice From Christians: How Can I Stand Firm When Waiting Upon The Lord? by FlyinSaucer: 12:06am On Mar 13, 2013
Ppl wait on da 'Lord' in those days, now they act!
Re: Need Advice From Christians: How Can I Stand Firm When Waiting Upon The Lord? by Nobody: 11:36am On Mar 13, 2013
God2man: In addition to working hard, Spiritual growth is vital in this christian race. Try to develop yourself spiritually. It is a great spiritual achievement when you begin to hear God speak to you clearly, i mean not in parable, dream or dark speeches but in an audible voice. Your response to the following questions will determine your future in the Lord.

How many Bible verses can you memorize? Have you received the baptism of the Holyghost with the evidence of speaking in tongue? How many christian books have you read? When was the last time you attend a christian seminar or prayer meeting? Have you watched any christian film before ? Like Mount zion films. Can you fast for a whole day? Two days, three days, or more. Do you belong to a group in your local church? Do you attend housefellowship? How many minutes can you pray ? What about evangelism? What are you doing to deliver souls from hell? What about money? Are you doing anything to help your local church finacially? Look around you, and see what you can do to make people happy.

My brother, take up the challenge, and do something extraordinary for Jesus then you will see how heaven will be clapping for you.

God bless you.

God2man.
I am a bit disturbed by some of your qtns. They come across as works , not that they don't matter but using them as a criteria is a bit dodgy don't you think ?
Re: Need Advice From Christians: How Can I Stand Firm When Waiting Upon The Lord? by Image123(m): 5:43pm On Mar 13, 2013
Pls I need ur candid advice have been praying to God for months but nothing seems coming wht do I do? I will appreciate if dere is a prophet or pastors in the house... Waiting for response.
i'm not a prophet neither am i a pastor, but i think i can add to what has already been said. Praying to God for months without anything coming is not good. It is unacceptable, even the people that killed Jesus would have gotten answers if they prayed that long. Asides what has already being said, also humbly check yourself. Bible says,
Psa 66:18 If I regard iniquity in my heart, the Lord will not hear me:
Pro 15:29 The LORD is far from the wicked: but he heareth the prayer of the righteous.

check yourself and repent if there is anything to be repented of. Also, find out if you are asking amiss or contrary to God's word or plan.
Jam 4:3 Ye ask, and receive not, because ye ask amiss, that ye may consume it upon your lusts.
Or asking without faith. Or maybe you've received your answer but you don't like the answer. If you're not asking amiss, then do not worry, your answer is on the way. You may need to ask God to speak to you. If He plans to give you your request in two years time, you'll need patience then, instead of praying to God for months but nothing seems coming. So ask Him to speak to you if nothing is wrong with you.
Heb 10:35 Cast not away therefore your confidence, which hath great recompense of reward.
Heb 10:36 For ye have need of patience, that, after ye have done the will of God, ye might receive the promise.
Heb 10:37 For yet, a little while, and he that shall come will come, and will not tarry.
Re: Need Advice From Christians: How Can I Stand Firm When Waiting Upon The Lord? by JeSoul(f): 6:01pm On Mar 13, 2013
Image123:
i'm not a prophet neither am i a pastor, but i think i can add to what has already been said. Praying to God for months without anything coming is not good. It is unacceptable, even the people that killed Jesus would have gotten answers if they prayed that long.
Snr brother Image, this is an interesting say here...can you please explain further before I type an irrelevant reply to what I 'think' you're saying. Thanks!
Re: Need Advice From Christians: How Can I Stand Firm When Waiting Upon The Lord? by Image123(m): 6:36pm On Mar 13, 2013
JeSoul: Snr brother Image, this is an interesting say here...can you please explain further before I type an irrelevant reply to what I 'think' you're saying. Thanks!
i already explained na, i said
You may need to ask God to speak to you. If He plans to give you your request in two years time, you'll need patience then, instead of praying to God for months but nothing seems coming. So ask Him to speak to you if nothing is wrong with you.
i'm not saying all answers to prayer must be physically received immediately oh. One can actually receive an answer, and hold on to it until it materialises. Like father Abraham. That peace comes, even though the physical evidence is on the way. where there is nothing coming, that's not good. one has to check up, or re-tune the frequency as it were. As something may actually be broadcasting and we are not on the right frequency as it were. Hope say i don explain? forgot to ask, how you dey?
Re: Need Advice From Christians: How Can I Stand Firm When Waiting Upon The Lord? by JeSoul(f): 6:42pm On Mar 13, 2013
Image123:
i already explained na, i said

i'm not saying all answers to prayer must be physically received immediately oh. One can actually receive an answer, and hold on to it until it materialises. Like father Abraham. That peace comes, even though the physical evidence is on the way. where there is nothing coming, that's not good. one has to check up, or re-tune the frequency as it were. As something may actually be broadcasting and we are not on the right frequency as it were. Hope say i don explain?
Explained perfectly!!! which is why one always has to stop and ask someone to clarify before replying to my own false understanding of what I think you said. Thank you dear!

forgot to ask, how you dey?
Snr brother I dey oh. By the grace of the good Lord Almighty we are forging on and doing exploits. And you? I trust its going from glory to glory to gloriest cheesy
Re: Need Advice From Christians: How Can I Stand Firm When Waiting Upon The Lord? by Image123(m): 8:10pm On Mar 13, 2013
JeSoul: Explained perfectly!!! which is why one always has to stop and ask someone to clarify before replying to my own false understanding of what I think you said. Thank you dear!

Snr brother I dey oh. By the grace of the good Lord Almighty we are forging on and doing exploits. And you? I trust its going from glory to glory to gloriest cheesy
Ahh, gloriest ke? Na die be that one oh cheesy. i'm fine though
Re: Need Advice From Christians: How Can I Stand Firm When Waiting Upon The Lord? by tenny07(m): 10:49am On Mar 14, 2013
10q u all..
Re: Need Advice From Christians: How Can I Stand Firm When Waiting Upon The Lord? by Yooguyz: 4:06pm On Mar 14, 2013
@op pray until you get a note of victory in your spirit

(1) (Reply)

Jesus Image Seen On Drop Cloth / Was The Mission Truly Accomplished? / What Is The Gospel?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.