Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,899 members, 7,956,398 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 11:12 AM

Winners Of The Afrinolly Short Film Competition 2013! - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Winners Of The Afrinolly Short Film Competition 2013! (807 Views)

Afrinolly Short Film Competition : View Short Listed Films! / Afrinolly Short Film Competition / $10,000 Short Film Competition : Can You Brace Up To The 48 Hours Challenge! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Winners Of The Afrinolly Short Film Competition 2013! by Agstar(f): 5:12pm On Mar 12, 2013
The winners of the Afrinolly Short Film Competition 2013 have been announced. Read prequel to this news with regards to the run up to this announcement on http://9aijabooksandmovies./2013/03/01/afrinolly-short-film-competition-2013-view-shortlisted-films/

Winners for Short Film

First Prize ($25,000): Dara Ju – (Anthony Onah)

Second Prize ($10,000): The Promise – (Akin Okunrinboye)

Third Prize ($5,000): read more on http://9aijabooksandmovies./2013/03/12/winners-of-the-afrinolly-short-film-competition-2013/
Re: Winners Of The Afrinolly Short Film Competition 2013! by ijebabe: 7:08pm On Mar 12, 2013
VillageBoi, come and see!!!!!

Short Films

1st Place
Dara Ju
$25,000
By Anthony Onah

2nd Place
The Promise
$10,000
By Akin Okunrinboye

3rd Place
To serve with all our Strength
$5,000
By Ishaya Bako (HomeVida)

Documentaries

1st Place
Hustle On A Mile
$25,000
By Bemigho Awala

2nd Place
A short "DOCUMENTARY"
$10,000
By Soji Oyinsan II

3rd Place
Black and Gold
$5,000
By Joseph Akwasi
Re: Winners Of The Afrinolly Short Film Competition 2013! by VillageBoi(m): 7:28pm On Mar 12, 2013
ijebabe: VillageBoi, come and see!!!!

Ijebabe I am not surprised. 'Hustle On A Mile'... absolutely... as for the others... no idea what they are doing on a winners list lol.
Re: Winners Of The Afrinolly Short Film Competition 2013! by ijebabe: 7:30pm On Mar 12, 2013
Hahahaha! I thought Dara Ju was a nice film but I had to choose one sad
Number 2 and 3 I don't get grin

Yeah Hustle On A Mile deserved to win, I'm glad we voted for it. All the documentaries were good!
Re: Winners Of The Afrinolly Short Film Competition 2013! by VillageBoi(m): 7:48pm On Mar 12, 2013
ijebabe: Hahahaha! I thought Dara Ju was a nice film but I had to choose one sad
Number 2 and 3 I don't get grin
Yeah Hustle On A Mile deserved to win, I'm glad we voted for it. All the documentaries were good!

Was number 2 not the -

GF - Marry me.
BF - I no marry.
GF - Marry me now.
BF - I no do you deaf?
GF - Marry me... what did you say? Oh pastor bless him.
BF - What? I no give you ring nah.
*Pastor on phone* - Mr, you is bast*rd pikin, you no go die betta, burn in hell.

Shee na that one be 'Promise'?
Re: Winners Of The Afrinolly Short Film Competition 2013! by ijebabe: 8:02pm On Mar 12, 2013
grin Yelz!
Re: Winners Of The Afrinolly Short Film Competition 2013! by somadino: 12:16pm On Mar 13, 2013
Okay. As you know I entered the contest and was one of the final 20.
Pls correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think how good the subject/well made the documentary was mattered the moment a shortlist was made. You, Ijebabe, Villageboi, and a few others are among a few who voted based on what you saw. A lot voted becos they were asked to - "na my friend do am". They all had a chance but some had a way of getting more votes in. I wish the site had a counter or a way to show it was transparent.
The process is simple do your best get short listed... Then campaign hard
Re: Winners Of The Afrinolly Short Film Competition 2013! by VillageBoi(m): 12:25pm On Mar 13, 2013
somadino:
Pls correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think how good the subject/well made the documentary was mattered the moment a shortlist was made.

You're right. I don't think the competition has anything to do with how good a film is as some of the stuff in the 'top 20' selection was utter rubbish.

(1) (Reply)

Madea(tyler PERRY) In Lagos / Regina Askia Speaks On Yetunde Bustline & Babatee's Love Drama! / Soma And Miyonse Has Been Evicted From The Big Brother Naija House

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.