Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,111 members, 7,814,895 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:26 PM

How Do Guys Get Over Mum's Death - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Do Guys Get Over Mum's Death (811 Views)

6 Things You Can Learn From My Mum's Death. / 6 Things You Can Learn From My Mum's Death. / How Can My Father Re-marry Just Six Months After Mum’s Death? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do Guys Get Over Mum's Death by zangiff(m): 8:13pm On Mar 12, 2013
I lost my mum some few yrs back and i find it difficult to get over it. Although i may not thing about it but when i see things that match her, i may not even hold it anymore but to cry. On mothers day, i wish i could buy her a real gold because she loves it but i couldnt. Just today, i saw a woman who is dark and i really felt for her as if she ma mother. I wish shes experiencing what she had laboured for in terms of everything. I love ma mama even after death. So how do you guys cope with death of mum?
Re: How Do Guys Get Over Mum's Death by greatgod2012(f): 8:32pm On Mar 12, 2013
Eeya.....sorry, i've not being there and i dont wish to be there soonest.....but the truth is we cant totally forget our loved ones when they are gone, its natural, so take heart and move on, you can however do some philantropist donations in her name, that way, you will be happy for doing something on her behalf, even, if shes not the one enjoying it, at least d praise, honour and appreciation goes to her.
May God help us all.
Re: How Do Guys Get Over Mum's Death by baby124: 8:36pm On Mar 12, 2013
Time heals all wounds. Give it time, and live life one day at a time. Be free to cry, scream, destroy things. However you feel like grieving. Get it out of your system. And with time, you will come to accept it and see it as a cycle of life. Been there, done that and wore the shirt. spontaneous outbursts of crying in public, with people being scared and alarmed. lmao. sad. All i need to see is a father and daughter and then i burst into body wracking tears. cry cry cry. But now, its just little jealousy. cheesy
Re: How Do Guys Get Over Mum's Death by zangiff(m): 5:28am On Mar 13, 2013
thanks
Re: How Do Guys Get Over Mum's Death by iRichards: 4:09pm On Mar 13, 2013
Lost my mum some months back too...i am a grown man with kids but she used to teach me alot abt history and culture...i miss her counsel and prayers too...what kills me everyday is the relative comfort i couldnt afford for her then (cos of financial issues) but i now can....i miss d fact that i can tell her ANYTHING without feeling being judged...i dont think i will get over her...so i am starting an NGO in her name (and on issues she was most passionate abt)...you see, i have choosen to celebrate her...wish you well bro...
Re: How Do Guys Get Over Mum's Death by greatgod2012(f): 4:53pm On Mar 13, 2013
iRichards: Lost my mum some months back too...i am a grown man with kids but she used to teach me alot abt history and culture...i miss her counsel and prayers too...what kills me everyday is the relative comfort i couldnt afford for her then (cos of financial issues) but i now can....i miss d fact that i can tell her ANYTHING without feeling being judged...i dont think i will get over her...so i am starting an NGO in her name (and on issues she was most passionate abt)...you see, i have choosen to celebrate her...wish you well bro...

exactly what i typed up there.....
Sorry for your loss bro.
Re: How Do Guys Get Over Mum's Death by iRichards: 5:34pm On Mar 13, 2013
Thanks greatgod2012. And yes, your words are wise... smiley
Re: How Do Guys Get Over Mum's Death by eforce: 9:16am On Mar 14, 2013
write a letter to her with all your thoughts in it. like this one

http://www.elijahforce..com/2013/03/letter-to-my-mother.html
Re: How Do Guys Get Over Mum's Death by niceprof: 5:23pm On Mar 14, 2013
Lost my mum 2005 and still cant get over it.A pastor told me to read Genesis24:67 that thats the solution.well am still single cos i wanted to marry only the girl my mum approves,but she is not there anymore.Even God has given me revelations of Heaven showing me that my mum is at rest but the pain is still there,one day i pray to find another mother in a wife-my wife. I doubt if a man can ever get over the loss of a good mother.
Re: How Do Guys Get Over Mum's Death by eforce: 6:04pm On Mar 14, 2013
@niceprof,

sorry about your loss but you have to understand that your wife would never be your mother, so don't put yourself or her under that kind of pressure, you are a man , man up.

Here is how your wife may be different from your mother.

http://www.elijahforce..com/2013/02/the-common-differences-between-wives.html

(1) (Reply)

A Divorce! Really? / Advice Needed / Court Dissolves 13years Marriage Over Childlessness

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.