Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,209 members, 7,953,773 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 05:21 AM

Court Dissolves 13years Marriage Over Childlessness - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Court Dissolves 13years Marriage Over Childlessness (817 Views)

Court Dissolves 18-year-old Marriage Over Incest / Court Dissolves 3-year-old Marriage Over Wife’s Lack Of Vagina Opening / Expectant Couple Crushed To Death After Waiting For 13years (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Court Dissolves 13years Marriage Over Childlessness by pmonni(m): 12:21am On Jul 18, 2014
Patrick Nkem
An Asaba customary court in Delta State, recently dissolved a 13-year-old marriage between Ogbueshi Henry Oduke and Roseline Oduke over childlessness.
Oduke, 52, a resident of Ogbe-Ilo, Asaba had earlier prayed the court to dissolve his marriage to Roseline over childlessness.
He told the court that his wife confessed, during sexual intercourse, that she cannot bear children, as her womb was removed following series of abortion while she was unmarried, adding that all efforts via different native doctors and orthodox doctors to bring back her womb proved abortive.
According to the petitioner, “my lord, my wife confessed to me during sexual intercourse that she cannot have a child because her womb was removed while she was 21, following series of abortions. My lord I want an end to this marriage because I cannot continue to suffer and endure an unproductive marriage with a woman who is not fruitful.”
During cross-examination by the counsel to the petitioner, Barr Emeka Odili, the woman admitted that she reached an agreement reached with the husband before they got married.

Source: http://www.advocateng.com/court-dissolves-13years-marriage-over-childlessness/
Re: Court Dissolves 13years Marriage Over Childlessness by bercarray(m): 1:32am On Jul 18, 2014
13yrs!!!!! And no child,d couples don try oo,bt if love dey,dem fit adopt na,wetin come cause divorce 4rm court,e be like say dem no get hw e dey take do dem
Re: Court Dissolves 13years Marriage Over Childlessness by Nobody: 8:45am On Jul 18, 2014
Some women sha embarassed
taking life ruining decisions since 1870

But they could have adopted a child
Re: Court Dissolves 13years Marriage Over Childlessness by kunletoks(m): 10:43am On Jul 18, 2014
It's d woman's fault. If there childlessness comes natural they I can say d husband should adopt a child. I believe he would have asked her before they got married and she would have lied to him.
I don't pray for such Oooo.
Re: Court Dissolves 13years Marriage Over Childlessness by Nobody: 12:18pm On Jul 18, 2014
Abortion. Abortion men are preaching for women to keep doing simply because their e.j.a.c.ulations matters most than the lives of unborn babies. If only ladies can just close their legs up and men can use their brains often instead of their private parts, infertility would have reduced to the barest minimum. And what stops this couple from adopting? Why put yourself through emotional torture and many anxiety episodes when you can just adopt children? the marriage would have been saved that way.

3 Likes

Re: Court Dissolves 13years Marriage Over Childlessness by SAMBARRY: 12:24pm On Jul 18, 2014
AN EVIDENCE TO PROVE THAT AFRICAN MEN MARRY STRICTLY BECAUSE OF CHILDREN AND NOTHING MORE.

(1) (Reply)

Scary Moments As A Kid / Getting Pregnant After A Miscarriage / Who Would You Take A Bullet For In Your Family, Dad Or Mum, Who Else?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.