Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,809 members, 7,956,068 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 11:43 PM

Corper Decamped For Refusing To Wear Trousers - NYSC (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Corper Decamped For Refusing To Wear Trousers (56291 Views)

Ogun State Corp Members Decamped For Sexual Activities. / Decamped From Nysc Batch C 2014 Camp: My Story / Female Corper Decamped For Slapping A Male Corper in Delta State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Corper Decamped For Refusing To Wear Trousers by djoyz: 4:17am On Mar 14, 2013
Mumu ppl, hw can de decamp sm1 by 11pm. Wen no one is even allowed to step out of d hostel or lodge. U ppl jst want unnecessary pity on d so cAlled Rev. Sister. She shud b acquainted of d dos n don'ts of NYSC. She shud go den n serve in her church. Onye ara ma akwa.#and pls pastor wateva, dnt call any christain, cos u n ur gf r nt d 1st in Nig#
Re: Corper Decamped For Refusing To Wear Trousers by jarkata(m): 6:39am On Mar 14, 2013
What i don't understand by this bible coat as in 'women shall not wear wot pertaining to a men and vice versa'.my question is does bible decribe dat trouser should be worn by men or skirt by women.likewise does wearing of suits and designers in d bible? If we want to stop d wearing of trousers by women let them ban d wearing of all foreingn and western clothes bc all these clothes wearing of a thing are imbibed culture and these culture support wearing of trousers by women.so,if u against wearing of trouser by women go and burn all ur foreingn clothes including t-shirt.wear only ur local wears like iro and buba.my advice is there should be mederation in whatever a lady wears there should be a motive,it should not expose ur body shapes overtly, BIBLE DID NOT SAY TROUSERS ARE MENS WEAR.
Re: Corper Decamped For Refusing To Wear Trousers by dudemeister: 7:10am On Mar 14, 2013
i do not condone foolishness. my problem with our people is that we do not take time to do anything properly. the corper who was decamped should take a look at the native wears of the ancient Hebrews and Arabs and Persians. the men wore long robes while the women wore baggy-like trousers to maintain their modesty. this lady was just silly and in my opinion she exposed her ignorance and embarassed her church and family. who is her pastor please? is he on nairaland? rubbish!!
Re: Corper Decamped For Refusing To Wear Trousers by dellia619: 8:57am On Mar 14, 2013
Honestly I don't support them sending her out @ 11pm (even though I don't believe any camp director will allow that, after all we all served, I hope d claim dat she was picked up from d camp is correct) but truth be told, we need to understand d scriptures o, I can't remember anywhere in d bible where it was specified dat trousers for men, gown or skirt for women. D lady should have just obeyed d rules of d camp or applied for exemption before time. She didn't expect rules be changed overnite for her sake? Meanwhile those saying her rights should have been respected, pls nysc is para military, how do u expect those activities be done in a skirt? Only ppl who haven't served will say she be allowed to wear skirt and carry out those activities, infact she would have commited more sin by exposing her...to d entire camp grin

1 Like

Re: Corper Decamped For Refusing To Wear Trousers by Edeze(m): 9:01am On Mar 14, 2013
Hahaha!!! She think say dat trouser go disturb ha undie... bt seriously dat babe funny ooo!!! It's like a joke... If na me be d papa she no go chop untill she get job...
Re: Corper Decamped For Refusing To Wear Trousers by nannyo(f): 10:22am On Mar 14, 2013
Absolutely nonsence. Ignorance is a desease. Her type will cover her ears during biology class on puberty n reproduction and then fail woefully when the exam comes.

1 Like

Re: Corper Decamped For Refusing To Wear Trousers by jewelzizi(f): 12:51pm On Mar 14, 2013
grin grin

Re: Corper Decamped For Refusing To Wear Trousers by Nobody: 1:10pm On Mar 14, 2013
What about muslim girls that wore trouser in camp?
Re: Corper Decamped For Refusing To Wear Trousers by logonlaredo: 1:11pm On Mar 14, 2013
She shouldn't have gone in the first instance or does her faith didn't allow her to see other ladies serving as a corps member before her own time?
Re: Corper Decamped For Refusing To Wear Trousers by iorchivir: 1:14pm On Mar 14, 2013
i strongly believe that as Christians we should only decide for a well behaved act. i don't think wearing trouser is bad for christian lady but the question is, is the trouser exposing your inner look?
Re: Corper Decamped For Refusing To Wear Trousers by templeinyou(m): 2:41pm On Mar 14, 2013
lrguru: Wonderful!!! Is she supposed to tie wrapper to camp?

...Wonder end never shall....

pls I think you should respect the belief of anyone who want to stand out; she must never behave like anybody else.
Re: Corper Decamped For Refusing To Wear Trousers by lond07: 3:09pm On Mar 14, 2013
Akpa ife: Man make u no wear woman garment n woman make u no wear man cloth dats wht d bible said respect d law of God n fear God,human u dey hear?

So where is it written that trousers is for men only?
Re: Corper Decamped For Refusing To Wear Trousers by buzo1: 3:13pm On Mar 14, 2013
She have another aim, make dem chase her comot. she wan seduce d guys with skit for camp wen the ask them to jump. I hate am wen person never know how to serve God. shocked
Re: Corper Decamped For Refusing To Wear Trousers by olatunjin(m): 4:25pm On Mar 14, 2013
I respectfully disagree with those criticising
the girl. If after all she's been through in her
life, she cannot be allowed to make the
choice of what she's comfortable wearing for
religious or personal reasons then there's
something wrong. I don't think special
treatment is called for per se. If she could
have demonstrated an ability to carry out all
the activities in a skirt as opposed to trousers
then she should have been allowed to stay
on. In some societies, her exclusion would be
automatic grounds for legal action against
the NYSC.
Re: Corper Decamped For Refusing To Wear Trousers by brilapluz(m): 11:59pm On Mar 15, 2013
greatdave:
Lack of Ignorance? Why didnt Jesus REFUSED? Nna ehn...E ge gbu madu nèbä o!
U wan kil me too ohh..lol..i just hope say my laugh no go wake 'my oga @ d top'..e ge gbu madu!
Re: Corper Decamped For Refusing To Wear Trousers by Nobody: 8:34am On Mar 18, 2013
The Bible says my people suffer for lack of......to start with,the NYSC has a dress code and that includes Shorts and trousers...we'v all known this since secondary school...the whole scheme will not change because of one ignorant girl...for those that have seen corpers put on skirts(khaki)...yes,u can sew whatever you want when you leave camp,but in that three weeks,you must abide by the dress code...the dress code has been since the days of my mother,so one lil' girl will not come up in 2013 to change the rule...the aspect of expelling her in the night....she wasn't just let out of the gate..she was given a choice to either follow the dresscode or get decamped and she said she'll rather go and called her dad who sent an assistant pastor to come and pick her,this pastor signed and took her out...I serve in ogun state...and those really stupid ones saying she got decamped cos she didn't offer the state co-ordinator sex...our state co-ordinator is a woman!!!! Mrs Anosike...

2 Likes

Re: Corper Decamped For Refusing To Wear Trousers by teoo: 5:15pm On Mar 23, 2013
Carinaflo: cheesy grin So she is the only christian in that camp.
she's d only true christian in camp, oders are pseudo-xtains. Lol

1 Like

Re: Corper Decamped For Refusing To Wear Trousers by Amodemaja: 2:59pm On Mar 26, 2013
StateOfMind:

Which paramilitary allows skirts for women during their few months training in camp?

Just be specific cos I really want to learn..
sorry I don't mean skirt@ training but as uniform
Re: Corper Decamped For Refusing To Wear Trousers by Amodemaja: 8:13pm On Apr 08, 2013
robonski15: @ gentleegg.. Are u mentally unstable.. U said they trampled on her human right.. Didn't she knoe that the dress code was khaki trousers before she came in.. If my religion tells me I should not put on a cap for instance and I am fully aware that caps are compulsary for in camp then I should still go ahead and tell the officials that my religion forbids caps.. The bible says give what belong to ceaser ceasers.. So give what belong to nysc.. Shikena
Learn to talk without being rude or inpolite. Do you know that NYSC is mandatory for under 30 ? Do you know the constitution gives religeous right ? There are exception to some rules. Why is it that in camp pregnant women are excempted from parade ? Why is endurance walk optional ? Never have a myopic view of any issue
Re: Corper Decamped For Refusing To Wear Trousers by yokiti: 9:29am On Apr 09, 2013
Chrichigo: Mehn!.....dis is lack of ignorance....why didnt Jesus refused to obey d laws of land wen he was on earth......is beta u reason b4 u act..

God have Mercy!!! This statement is regeretably "lugibrious" and critically "obrozonto"
Re: Corper Decamped For Refusing To Wear Trousers by pumpqin(f): 11:48am On Aug 11, 2013
Every mans belief is personal and should be respected. Nigeria comprises of numerous people each having their faith,believe and religion. No one has the right to judge anyone. if she sees it fit not no wear trousers, good and fine,what's the big deal? she never called those wearing it sinners or people sharing fence with the devil.Except you feel you are one.
Re: Corper Decamped For Refusing To Wear Trousers by pumpqin(f): 11:57am On Aug 11, 2013
sending her out of the camp at that time is wickedness. people have what they stand for. some don't wear jewelries, some don't eat this and so many. i have a Muslim friend that refused to March after rehearsing for so many days because they asked them to march with their crested vest alone.She said she cannot expose her hands. That was it,she left the parade. Who crucified her?please lets be reasonable.

1 Like

Re: Corper Decamped For Refusing To Wear Trousers by Nobody: 2:41pm On Jul 16, 2014
alphaconde: ABEOKUTA – Reactions have started trailing the decamping of
2013 Batch A, female corps member, Ms Tolu Ekundayo, by the
National Youth Service Corps, NYSC, Ogun State for wearing skirt
at the Shagamu orientation camp.
In a press conference organised by Ekundayo’s church, Faith Revival
Apostolic Church, FRAC, in Lagos, the expelled corps member said
she was asked to leave the camp at about 11.00pm on March 8,
2013 by the Ogun State NYSC Co-ordinator, for her refusal to
put on trousers.
She explained that her refusal to wear trousers was not in
disobedience to NYSC authorities but in line with her belief and faith
in God.
Also speaking, Apostle Paul Adenuga condemned the manner in which
Ekundayo was expelled from the camp in the dead of the night
without considering her safety and called on the Director-General
of NYSC and the federal government to look into the matter
before it gets out of hand.
“I call on Nigerians, mostly Christians that stand for the truth, not
only to jointly condemn this barbaric and bestial act but to engage in
constructive dialogue with the concerned authority for the change
of such policy if it is official.”

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/03/church-condemns-sack-of-corps-member-over-refusal-to-wear-trousers/

am a xtian........ She shouldn't have gone to camp atall or was she expecting a miracle to happen as she won't wear the nysc kit ?

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply)

See What A Nairalander Did When He Collected His NYSC Discharge Certificate / Fake Corper Arrested At Akwa Ibom NYSC Orientation Camp By Police (Photos) / Medlin Chisom, Corper Faces Sexual Assault, Threatenes To Report Her Director

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.