Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,121 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:22 AM

Did I Made Mistake - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Did I Made Mistake (1640 Views)

Help!!..did I Marry The Wrong Lady? / I Made A Horrible Mistake With My Lovely Wife / Mum Made 'mistake' Leaving Son In Car (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Did I Made Mistake by stevade(f): 9:05pm On Mar 12, 2013
I married him when my first marriage collapse due to my inability to bear children, when i cannot bear the heat inside my first marrige becos he has given another person pregnant nd ask me to pack out and continue in giving me trouble everyday,beating me then my parent asked me to leave his house. I started new life although is not easy but i have to continue wt my life i got a room apartment nd face my bussiness becos am not d type following men around i stick to my shop morning to night .
Re: Did I Made Mistake by baby124: 9:08pm On Mar 12, 2013
Why do you feel you made a mistake. Are you doubting your decision? I dont think you had a choice madam. The other woman would have moved in. Can you deal or live with that? He asked you to leave. What more would you have done? Tie yourself to the post of the house? Dont worry, you will find someone else and life will get better
Re: Did I Made Mistake by coogar: 9:40pm On Mar 12, 2013
stevade: I married him when my first marriage collapse due to my inability to bear children, when i cannot bear the heat inside my first marrige becos he has given another person pregnant nd ask me to pack out and continue in giving me trouble everyday,beating me then my parent asked me to leave his house. I started new life although is not easy but i have to continue wt my life i got a room apartment nd face my bussiness becos am not d type following men around i stick to my shop morning to night .

you should have stood your ground.....your husband impregnated another woman does not mean you should move out. let him provide another apartment for her, what has that got to do with you? women should fight for their place in marriage. do not give it up easily like a packet of chewing gum.

something seems confusing in your comment - "you married him when your first marriage collapsed....." are you in a second marriage now or what?
Re: Did I Made Mistake by baby124: 9:53pm On Mar 12, 2013
coogar:

you should have stood your ground.....your husband impregnated another woman does not mean you should move out. let him provide another apartment for her, what has that got to do with you? women should fight for their place in marriage. do not give it up easily like a packet of chewing gum.

something seems confusing in your comment - "you married him when your first marriage collapsed....." are you in a second marriage now or what?

You just want another front page argument cause you obviously missed this:
stevade: I married him when my first marriage collapse due to my inability to bear children, when i cannot bear the heat inside my first marrige becos he has given another person pregnant nd ask me to pack out and continue in giving me trouble everyday,beating me then my parent asked me to leave his house. I started new life although is not easy but i have to continue wt my life i got a room apartment nd face my bussiness becos am not d type following men around i stick to my shop morning to night .

What else should she do, stay till she is killed? The guy wanted to move on at all cost. cheesy. Marriage is an agreement you know, if one party doesnt want it anymore there is nothing that can be done. Or give a suggestion as to the next line of action you expect of her.
Re: Did I Made Mistake by coogar: 9:58pm On Mar 12, 2013
baby_123:
You just want another front page argument cause you obviously missed this:

What else should she do, stay till she is killed? The guy wanted to move on at all cost. cheesy

what right has any man got to ask his wife to pack out in the 21st century? is he hitler or idi amin? nigerian women need some more orientation. the house belongs to the 2 of them. if he is irresponsible enough to put another woman in the family way, then he should provide shelter for her.........

as for the killing, she should go and lodge a complaint @ the police station, NGOs, women groups, etc - until naija women stand n fight for their rights, men would continue to treat them like doormats. i cannot imagine myself in her shoes - one idiotic husband would tell me to pack out after giving another belle - someone would kick the bucket that day and it won't be me.
Re: Did I Made Mistake by baby124: 10:00pm On Mar 12, 2013
coogar:

what right has any man got to ask his wife to pack out in the 21st century? is he hitler or idi amin? nigerian women need some more orientation. the house belongs to the 2 of them. if he is irresponsible enough to put another woman in the family way, then he should provide shelter for her.........

as for the killing, she should go and lodge a complaint @ the police station, NGOs, women groups, etc - until naija women stand n fight for their rights, men would continue to treat them like doormats. i cannot imagine myself in her shoes - one idiotic husband would tell me to pack out after giving another belle - someone would kick the bucket that day and it won't be me.

This would work if they both OWNED the house. Most naija women MOVE IN to their husbands houses. Solely owned or leased by the husband. There is really no law for alimony or a woman retaining the house in the event of a divorce. So if he wakes up one morning and asks her to leave, she has to. The children also belong to the husband in Nigeria. So the woman is expected to leave empty handed. lipsrsealed

Report to NGO after she is dead. Nice try coogar. grin
Re: Did I Made Mistake by coogar: 10:07pm On Mar 12, 2013
baby_123:
This would work if they both OWNED the house. Most naija women MOVE IN to their husbands houses. Solely owned or leased by the husband. There is really no law for alimony or a woman retaining the house in the event of a divorce. So if he wakes up one morning and asks her to leave, she has to. The children also belong to the husband in Nigeria. So the woman is expected to leave empty handed. lipsrsealed

this is where i think nigerian women should organise protests - march to aso rock or wherever to demand more matrimonial rights. patience goodluck cannot just be piling up adipose cells in the presidential villa without doing something for the nigerian woman. they should go on a nationwide strike if possible - marriage is all about 2 becoming 1. the moment a man marries a wife, they should both co-own the house and the other properties. this would go a long way in keeping these randy men in check.

Report to NGO after she is dead. Nice try coogar. grin

she should have reported the very first day she got alerted that one heifer has gotten pregnant for her husband. this is exactly my problem with women. the mistress knew the man in question is married and yet she still had the gall to conceive a baby. women are their own worst enemies.
Re: Did I Made Mistake by baby124: 10:14pm On Mar 12, 2013
coogar:

this is where i think nigerian women should organise protests - march to aso rock or wherever to demand more matrimonial rights. patience goodluck cannot just be piling up adipose cells in the presidential villa without doing something for the nigerian woman. they should go on a nationwide strike if possible - marriage is all about 2 becoming 1. the moment a man marries a wife, they should both co-own the house and the other properties. this would go a long way in keeping these randy men in check.

she should have reported the very first day she got alerted that one heifer has gotten pregnant for her husband. this is exactly my problem with women. the mistress knew the man in question is married and yet she still had the gall to conceive a baby. women are their own worst enemies.

It is up to women to think for themselves in that manner. Patience? Patience that is trying to con nigerians into a N1bn house. Patience doesnt even really know what she wants, and for the way she carries on she is lucky because GEJ must really love her. lmao. Nigerian women on strike? I think they attempted that once. We are talking about Nigerian men now, they have girlfriends and wives and grilfriend's girlfriends. It begins with the women. Before they marry, they should protect their's and their children's interests. Otherwise it will continue. And really, you cant hold on to someone that doesnt want you.
Re: Did I Made Mistake by coogar: 10:22pm On Mar 12, 2013
baby_123:
It is up to women to think for themselves in that manner. Patience? Patience that is trying to con nigerians into a N1bn house. Patience doesnt even really know what she wants, and for the way she carries on she is lucky because GEJ must really love her. lmao. Nigerian women on strike? I think they attempted that once. We are talking about Nigerian men now, they have girlfriends and wives and grilfriend's girlfriends. It begins with the women. Before they marry, they should protect their's and their children's interests. Otherwise it will continue. And really, you cant hold on to someone that doesnt want you.

then he should be the one packing out - he breached the terms of the contract when he defiled the matrimony. this woman has done nothing wrong - why should she then be the one moving out and staying in a one room apartment?

the destiny of the nigerian women lies in their hands - if they want to still be treated like fecal matter then so be it. all i know is men wouldn't take this rubbish if men could get pregnant. and for the women who get pregnant for other women's husbands, i hope they get a double dose of such mistreatment too later in their lives.
Re: Did I Made Mistake by obowunmi(m): 2:34am On Mar 13, 2013
OP: Don't live in regret. You made the right choice by leaving. Move on, be confident, and live with your choices. Don't live in the past.

Be sure to go for medical check up though - hope you don't have fibroid.
Re: Did I Made Mistake by obowunmi(m): 2:34am On Mar 13, 2013

God is with you - try to go out more with friends and don't let depression or loneliness get the best of you.
Re: Did I Made Mistake by greatgod2012(f): 2:58am On Mar 13, 2013
No, you did not make a mistake, you took a bold and giant step in ensuring that you live longer, what you need now is to take your time and be very careful not to find yourself in similar situation again, do not rush into another relationship to hasty, make more positive oriented friends, i mean friends that will add more value to yourself, go out more, so that you dont wallow in depression, take courses(if possible) that will earn you more promotion, concentrate more on what improves your well being, do not allow pity-party around you, make yourself happy, and take care of yourself medically, take your health seriously and at d right time, d right man will come your way.
Wishing you goodluck.
However, the man may come back begging you to come back, think about it very well, if hes the type you can forgive easily, give your terms and conditions, in written form, if he can abide with them, then take your time and think about it if hes worth giving the second chance, if hes not worth, blantly discard him and move on with your life, and take it that sometimes, some people are just ill-luck.
May God help us all.
Re: Did I Made Mistake by Nobody: 1:40pm On Mar 13, 2013
You made no mistake,a living Miss is better than a dead Mrs.You really can't force a man who has checked out of the relationship to keep being a hubby to you.
Re: Did I Made Mistake by megareal: 3:38pm On Mar 13, 2013
You did well sister. Being miserable in the hands of a man who thinks you should only be a baby manufacturing company is not worth it. Life can give you beautiful surprises you never bargained for, all that is ever needed is a 'can happen' mindset and a change of location from the source of your misery. All the best and may life deal kindly with you.

2 Likes

Re: Did I Made Mistake by i1: 8:49pm On Mar 13, 2013
@ poster thank God U left, domestic violence is ɑ̤̈̊ no no!

(1) (Reply)

"Must One Go For Deliverance Before And After Wedding?" / Five Things You Must Not Do Before Sleeping / Must Read: How I Was Brutally #Molested By A Friend While Looking For #job

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.