Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,304 members, 7,954,207 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 02:15 PM

3 Killed In Multiple Accidents On Abuja-Nyanya Road - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 3 Killed In Multiple Accidents On Abuja-Nyanya Road (13226 Views)

Keke Napep Bursts Into Flames On Abuja Expressway / Suffering Continues On Abuja-Keffi Road / Abuja/nyanya Keffi Road Accident, What Is The Necessary Solution. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

3 Killed In Multiple Accidents On Abuja-Nyanya Road by idlaw2k3(m): 7:30am On Mar 13, 2013
Three persons were killed on the Abuja-Nyanya road yesterday in a multiple accident involving 16 vehicles, an FRSC official, Mr Jonas Agwu, said.

A News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) correspondent at the scene said the accident happened after a lorry, carrying sand, lost control and rammed into some vehicles which in turn crashed into others.

Agwu said many injured people were taken to hospitals in Abuja in five ambulances.

The accident caused a long queue of vehicles on the road which is well known for its rush hour traffic jam.

Source http://blueprintng.com/2013/03/3-killed-in-multiple-accidents-on-nyanya-abuja-road/

Yesterday was horrible for commuters returning from work as the only road linking Abuja and the satelite towns of Nyanya, Karu, Mararaba was blocked as a result of a multiple autocrash. This road and a notorious spot in particular has been responsible for the deaths of scores of Nigerians every year.
Re: 3 Killed In Multiple Accidents On Abuja-Nyanya Road by noskeybaba: 11:44am On Mar 13, 2013
The state of Our roads are horrible. More of a death trap. God bless the dead.

E be like say I be first O°˚˚˚. Azontoo grin
Re: 3 Killed In Multiple Accidents On Abuja-Nyanya Road by bizz(m): 11:45am On Mar 13, 2013
Dats serious O̶̷̩̥̊͡....God help this country
Re: 3 Killed In Multiple Accidents On Abuja-Nyanya Road by kenraj(m): 11:48am On Mar 13, 2013
Its pitiful and disheartening to loose loved ones as a result of bad governance and lack of provision and maintenance of social infrastructures as a result of negligence on the part of our government. May the souls of the departed souls be rested in the bossom of the LORD and God grant the families the fortitude to bear the saddening loss. cry cry cry

1 Like

Re: 3 Killed In Multiple Accidents On Abuja-Nyanya Road by Chonchosbabe(f): 11:50am On Mar 13, 2013
D gov't should try and repair dis road pls n stop wasting the economic money n useless rally
Re: 3 Killed In Multiple Accidents On Abuja-Nyanya Road by Nobody: 11:51am On Mar 13, 2013
Third!

1 Like

Re: 3 Killed In Multiple Accidents On Abuja-Nyanya Road by ajayioluwatobi(m): 11:51am On Mar 13, 2013
R>I>P. God will comfort does who lost their one's
Re: 3 Killed In Multiple Accidents On Abuja-Nyanya Road by simplyOJ(m): 11:52am On Mar 13, 2013
My heart goes out to those families that lost their loved ones. The relevant authorities like the VIO and the FRSC should be up to their responsiblities and enforce the already existing standing order put in place by the FCT administration that such heavy duty trucks should not ply the Abuja Municipals roads during the peak periods of 8am to 9pm or there about.
Re: 3 Killed In Multiple Accidents On Abuja-Nyanya Road by idlaw2k3(m): 11:52am On Mar 13, 2013
These pictures were taken at about 9pm last night. Many passengers alighted from their vehicles and are seen trekking from mogadishu Cantonment (Abacha barracks) to Nyanya. About 5km

Re: 3 Killed In Multiple Accidents On Abuja-Nyanya Road by Nobody: 11:53am On Mar 13, 2013
whenever there's an accident on that road, it is always fatal and most accidents on that road are caused by trucks failing breaks....when aboki don drink paraga him no go fit differentiate break and throttle again undecided

1 Like

Re: 3 Killed In Multiple Accidents On Abuja-Nyanya Road by OkparaIgbo: 11:57am On Mar 13, 2013
First of all R.I.P to all those who lost their lives in this unfortunate accident. Secondly, in as much as I accept that the state of the roads in Nigeria leaves much to be desired, but most of the motors/lorries that ply these roads as well are as much a death trap, Imagine a lorry carring well over 10000kg of sand with no threads on the tyres and the brake going all the way flat without stopping the lorry. I wish we had a yearly MOT test of vehicles that ply the road to make sure they are fit to be on the roads like in the UK and U.S. These will definitely save millions of lives.

2 Likes

Re: 3 Killed In Multiple Accidents On Abuja-Nyanya Road by ifyfaith: 11:58am On Mar 13, 2013
na wa o,but all dis big vehicles too dey get brake failure. dey should do sometin abt dat too.
Re: 3 Killed In Multiple Accidents On Abuja-Nyanya Road by Godswill4real(m): 11:58am On Mar 13, 2013
may d soul of d departed fellow rest in d bossom of d Lord. n our gov shuld try n do smth n stop wastin moni on tins dat ar nt vital
Re: 3 Killed In Multiple Accidents On Abuja-Nyanya Road by Obieem: 12:02pm On Mar 13, 2013
Stop using Nitel
thisisayus: Third!

2 Likes

Re: 3 Killed In Multiple Accidents On Abuja-Nyanya Road by Gluckdude(m): 12:05pm On Mar 13, 2013
noskeybaba: The state of Our roads are horrible. More of a death trap. God bless the dead.

E be like say I be first O°˚˚˚. Azontoo grin

You are an idiiiot, may the same fate come upon your family. does this appear to look like a topic u can dance azonto on you should be donated for sciencific research. onya ara undecided

1 Like

Re: 3 Killed In Multiple Accidents On Abuja-Nyanya Road by alfredo4u(m): 12:05pm On Mar 13, 2013
God help us to ovacome unanounced death in Jesus name..amen
Re: 3 Killed In Multiple Accidents On Abuja-Nyanya Road by slimming: 12:06pm On Mar 13, 2013
FCT managers failed to do something about that road for a long time and that is why the problem persist till now.
Re: 3 Killed In Multiple Accidents On Abuja-Nyanya Road by greatgod2012(f): 12:07pm On Mar 13, 2013
Res In Peace to the lost souls!

The money that our leaders are suppose to use on our roads are in their accounts yielding interests.......hhhmm, i pray that God put his fear in these our leader, so that they will do the right thing and help stop all these unexpected deaths caused by our bad roads.
Re: 3 Killed In Multiple Accidents On Abuja-Nyanya Road by Odunnu: 12:07pm On Mar 13, 2013
Chonchosbabe: D gov't should try and repair dis road pls n stop wasting the economic money n useless rally
Where in the post did you see the cause of accident to be bad road? Atleast read first before throwing stones.

2 Likes

Re: 3 Killed In Multiple Accidents On Abuja-Nyanya Road by fradig: 12:08pm On Mar 13, 2013
hmmmmmm...
Re: 3 Killed In Multiple Accidents On Abuja-Nyanya Road by Reference(m): 12:10pm On Mar 13, 2013
That road scares the heck out of me the few times I'm off to MKD. But I enjoy burning rubber. People have this wierd adrenalin rush. Dunno if its the traffic.
Re: 3 Killed In Multiple Accidents On Abuja-Nyanya Road by Reference(m): 12:15pm On Mar 13, 2013
Odunnu:
Where in the post did you see the cause of accident to be bad road? Atleast read first before throwing stones.

There are bad spots but not many. I think the profile of the road as it ducks and swerves contributes to this. More like an F1 track.

P.S. The FRSC is really coming good. Their response to incidents has improved. The kinds of things you see these days just blows your mind.

1 Like

Re: 3 Killed In Multiple Accidents On Abuja-Nyanya Road by SOHKAHTOA: 12:16pm On Mar 13, 2013
R.I.P to the dead. We must learn to appropriate blames, true our roads are bad but faulty vehicles and human error still account for more of the accidents in our roads especially here in the FCT. The road in question is a trunk A road, well tarred and expanded. The cause of this accident may not be linked to a pot hole but likely an error by either the driver or the vehicle is faulty.

2 Likes

Re: 3 Killed In Multiple Accidents On Abuja-Nyanya Road by idlaw2k3(m): 12:18pm On Mar 13, 2013
Not long ago on near the same spot 15 people lost thier lives while returning from work in a ghastly motor accident caused by break failure of a trailer http://channelkoos.com/index.php/news/394-breaking-news-carnage-on-abujakeffi-road

Since they are not prominient nothing is heard about them or thier families. undecided undecided undecided cry
Re: 3 Killed In Multiple Accidents On Abuja-Nyanya Road by neksummi(m): 12:18pm On Mar 13, 2013
Odunnu:

Abi o. If Abuja-Nyanya road is classified as a bad road then I wonder how many good roads we have in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: 3 Killed In Multiple Accidents On Abuja-Nyanya Road by blackbeau1(f): 12:25pm On Mar 13, 2013
R.I.P .this should serve as a lesson to abuja drivers.they are so careless and drive recklessly
Re: 3 Killed In Multiple Accidents On Abuja-Nyanya Road by Nobody: 12:25pm On Mar 13, 2013
Yesterday was hell!!
Saw a pregnant woman trekking! It was a sorry sight! I sat in d bus ehn, refused to come down n trek. angry angry
Re: 3 Killed In Multiple Accidents On Abuja-Nyanya Road by Tundenoni(m): 12:27pm On Mar 13, 2013
kenraj: Its pitiful and disheartening to loose loved ones as a result of bad governance and lack of provision and maintenance of social infrastructures as a result of negligence on the part of our government. May the souls of the departed souls be rested in the bossom of the LORD and God grant the families the fortitude to bear the saddening loss. cry cry cry
dis condition of d road is good,d problem we are havin in dat particular road is overspeed!

2 Likes

Re: 3 Killed In Multiple Accidents On Abuja-Nyanya Road by Nobody: 12:29pm On Mar 13, 2013
Gluckdude:

You are an idiiiot, may the same fate come upon your family. does this appear to look like a topic u can dance azonto on you should be donated for sciencific research. onya ara undecided

Haba! Why evils now? Retract that curse jorrrr...and correct d fellow nicely!

3 Likes

Re: 3 Killed In Multiple Accidents On Abuja-Nyanya Road by Bawss1(m): 12:32pm On Mar 13, 2013
alfredo4u: God help us to ovacome unanounced death in Jesus name..amen

You would have done well to have remained silent.

Vain talk.
Re: 3 Killed In Multiple Accidents On Abuja-Nyanya Road by mrofficial2(m): 12:35pm On Mar 13, 2013
Wey picture?
Re: 3 Killed In Multiple Accidents On Abuja-Nyanya Road by FoxyUltimate(m): 12:39pm On Mar 13, 2013
[b]No one should call that state of road in this matter as Kugbo road is well tarred and without portholes, expanded to allow as many as four vehicles drive together without touching each other.

That road is notorious as the OP has said for causing lots of deaths yearly. This had been attributed most time by the locals to some eerie power but we all know better. Trailers and Lorries are not allowed to ply the road once it is 4:00pm to avoid accidents during rush-hour when workers are returning home. So this accident could have occured as a result of the stubborness of the Tipper driver.

Well, RIP to the dead.

Traffic was hell yesterday and public transport did not help matter as they increased the rate from N100 to N350. Some people had to sleep in the office, no be me ooooooo. grin grin grin

But with alll seriousness, I think it is high time that the government of the FCT set up a committee that will look into the cause of that accident, and if it be spiritual, then we will need lots of Imams and Pastors to come do their stuffs.

RIP to the dead once again...[/b]

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

LASG Announces Road Closure Ahead Of Lagos Marathon / WES Evaluation (canada) #help A Novice# / 'UK Border Force' On Sky1

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.