Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,958 members, 7,817,815 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:13 PM

LASG Announces Road Closure Ahead Of Lagos Marathon - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / LASG Announces Road Closure Ahead Of Lagos Marathon (13151 Views)

Traffic Advisory: Lagos Marathon Holds Saturday, February 4th, 2023 / LASG Announces Completion Of First Phase Of Lagos Light Rail (Marina To Mile 2) / Traffic Advisory: Lagos Marathon Holds Today. See List Of Blocked Roads. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

LASG Announces Road Closure Ahead Of Lagos Marathon by naptu2: 8:25pm On Jan 28, 2019
TRAFFIC ADVISORY: LASG Announces Road Closure Ahead Of Lagos Marathon; See Alternative Routes

Ahead of the forthcoming Access Bank Lagos Marathon scheduled to hold on Saturday, February 2, 2019, for about 12 hours, the government through the Lagos State Traffic Management Authority (LASTMA) has announced that there will be closure of some major roads for the event.

According to LASTMA, some parts of Lagos will be closed to vehicular and human traffic for the safety of thousands of runners, hundreds of thousands of cheering fans and millions of Lagosians.

As a result, motorists are urged to seek alternative routes planned to ease the movement of Lagosians and thousands who would want to join us at the Eko Atlantic finish point.

Below is the list of alternative routes for motorists to use during the marathon.

·         All vehicles from Ikeja and environs headed to Victoria Island MUST go through Ikorodu Road.

·         All vehicles from Badagry, Mile 2 and environs going to Victoria Island MUST go through Apapa and Orile to link the Eko Bridge to Victoria Island.

·         Residents of Lagos Mainland, Surulere and environs MUST avoid Masha Area and National Stadium but can link Victoria Island through Iponri/Iganmu, Eko Bridge then unto Victoria Island.

·         Vehicles coming from Ibadan, Mowe and environs can link Victoria Island through Ojota, Ikorodu Road, Eko Bridge to Victoria Island.

·         Vechicles from Okota MUST go through Mile 2 to Orile, Eko Bridge to Victoria Island.

Vehicle from Sango-Otta going to Victoria Island MUST go through Mushin, Funso Williams Avenue (Western Avenue), Eko Bridge to Victoria Island.

·         Vehicles Coming from Epe, Ajah, Lekki and environs must use the Alternative Route to Victoria Island. Ikoyi residents going to the mainland can use the Alfred Rewane (Kingsway Road) link to Osborne then to the Mainland.

Meanwhile, the following roads will be totally or partially closed for the duration of the marathon.

A.   Total closure of the Third Mainland Bridge from 6.45am to 2pm

B.   Alaka Road Service lane will be closed from 5.00am to 7.30am

C.   National Stadium to Ojuelegba, Dormanlong Bridge. Onipanu Obanikoro and Anthony will be closed from 6.00am to 8.00am

D.   From Anthony ,Charley Boy Bus Stop to Oworoshoki Will be closed from 6.30am to 8.30am

From Adekunle Junction linking the Third Mainland Bridge will be closed from 7.00am to 2pm.

https://insidemainland.com/2019/01/28/traffic-advisory-lasg-announces-road-closure-ahead-of-lagos-marathon-see-alternative-routes/

1 Like

Re: LASG Announces Road Closure Ahead Of Lagos Marathon by Bizmagnet: 8:39pm On Jan 28, 2019
Nawa ooooooo...Make I dey prepare for the marathon then.
Get a website/blog/software for your business, school, church, etc today at affordable cost. Contact through my signature.

1 Like

Re: LASG Announces Road Closure Ahead Of Lagos Marathon by McTEE10(m): 8:41pm On Jan 28, 2019
Issaright
Re: LASG Announces Road Closure Ahead Of Lagos Marathon by tmgtreasure(m): 8:41pm On Jan 28, 2019
I dey come

1 Like

Re: LASG Announces Road Closure Ahead Of Lagos Marathon by damola1: 8:41pm On Jan 28, 2019
Ran last year. Running this year

Who Dey with me ?

9 Likes

Re: LASG Announces Road Closure Ahead Of Lagos Marathon by propsvila: 8:42pm On Jan 28, 2019
A
Re: LASG Announces Road Closure Ahead Of Lagos Marathon by kingphoenix10: 8:42pm On Jan 28, 2019
I just hope I don't faint. With the way I am consuming swallow and not even exercising; abeg nairalanders catch me should it happen

2 Likes

Re: LASG Announces Road Closure Ahead Of Lagos Marathon by 2special(m): 8:43pm On Jan 28, 2019
hmmmm....l wonder how it will look like especially for those coming from the redeem camp early on Saturday morning, those going for MFM program early on Saturday morning and those attending parties and other engagements on Saturday morning.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: LASG Announces Road Closure Ahead Of Lagos Marathon by Nobody: 8:44pm On Jan 28, 2019
All these scammers and nonsense adverts have taken over this site especially that one always advertising mtn nonsense. At times I have to believe he is a robot because how can you be advertising same thing over 6 years now and they are banning him every single day. E no dey tire.
When the owner refused to upgrade and ban I. Ps, this is what you will get.

4 Likes

Re: LASG Announces Road Closure Ahead Of Lagos Marathon by Nobody: 8:44pm On Jan 28, 2019
grin

Last last, na Kenyans go win.
If u know u know

2 Likes

Re: LASG Announces Road Closure Ahead Of Lagos Marathon by bonnyhope: 8:46pm On Jan 28, 2019
I intend to go to cms from aja, can this affect me?
Would there be traffic as a result of this?

1 Like

Re: LASG Announces Road Closure Ahead Of Lagos Marathon by Marcofranz(m): 8:49pm On Jan 28, 2019
I would like to participate but for like 5 years I ve been exercising.
Re: LASG Announces Road Closure Ahead Of Lagos Marathon by Ndkings1(m): 8:50pm On Jan 28, 2019
So how do we get there we coming for the marathon from ketu?
Re: LASG Announces Road Closure Ahead Of Lagos Marathon by Ademat7(m): 8:50pm On Jan 28, 2019
priceaction:
All these scammers and nonsense adverts have taken over this site especially that one always advertising mtn nonsense. At times I have to believe he is a robot because how can you be advertising same thing over 6 years now and they are banning him every single day.
When the owner refused to upgrade and ban I. Ps, this is what you will get.
How do u mean?
Re: LASG Announces Road Closure Ahead Of Lagos Marathon by Nobody: 8:52pm On Jan 28, 2019
Ademat7:

How do u mean?
Oh, you didn't see that. They just got banned and their contents hidden. That's why you didn't see them now. They will reappear again on another thread.
Re: LASG Announces Road Closure Ahead Of Lagos Marathon by Undertaker001: 8:55pm On Jan 28, 2019
Road closure? Hunger go kill faithfull18 be that.. How do you expect her to hawk her recharge cards?.
Sha good for the lazy ass female
Re: LASG Announces Road Closure Ahead Of Lagos Marathon by ipobarecriminals: 8:56pm On Jan 28, 2019
sad too old to run.
Re: LASG Announces Road Closure Ahead Of Lagos Marathon by FroshD: 8:59pm On Jan 28, 2019
Oya oooh all those people wei morning neva break go dey run like say dem dey prepare for olympics especially that yaba... MM way

see competition, comman do marathon

cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: LASG Announces Road Closure Ahead Of Lagos Marathon by Goovo(m): 9:00pm On Jan 28, 2019
damola1:

Who Dey with me ?
who dey pursue u? grin grin

3 Likes

Re: LASG Announces Road Closure Ahead Of Lagos Marathon by Nobody: 9:03pm On Jan 28, 2019
damola1:

Who Dey with me ?

The only run I dey run right now na say I dey run mad kos the economy don cripple me

Get your pvc and vote wisely

1 Like

Re: LASG Announces Road Closure Ahead Of Lagos Marathon by Olawalesmarter(m): 9:14pm On Jan 28, 2019
I can see some Idiots Politicizing this too, Do you want thunder to fire you? Must it always be Vote this vote that?
Re: LASG Announces Road Closure Ahead Of Lagos Marathon by sparkleboy(m): 9:22pm On Jan 28, 2019
FroshD:
Oya oooh all those people wei morning neva break go dey run like say dem dey prepare for olympics especially that yaba... MM way

see competition, comman do marathon

cheesy cheesy
cheesy grin
Seun please fix this Error 502 oooo
It's becoming too incessant
Re: LASG Announces Road Closure Ahead Of Lagos Marathon by chukwugoziegi: 9:24pm On Jan 28, 2019
Mad people race
Re: LASG Announces Road Closure Ahead Of Lagos Marathon by chukwugoziegi: 9:26pm On Jan 28, 2019
Ndkings1:
So how do we get there we coming for the marathon from ketu?

Start ya race from Ketu by 3an, you should reach the stadiums before 6am.
Re: LASG Announces Road Closure Ahead Of Lagos Marathon by bravehost4u(m): 9:27pm On Jan 28, 2019
Access Bank again!!!
Re: LASG Announces Road Closure Ahead Of Lagos Marathon by Nobody: 9:32pm On Jan 28, 2019
Stupidity.

We don't have to copy everything the western world does. Lagos state with substandard security & road infrastructure is shutting down the key portions of her road network just to belong to some caucasian ideal.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: LASG Announces Road Closure Ahead Of Lagos Marathon by Oloripelebe: 9:50pm On Jan 28, 2019
grin

Sanwo olu go show for this marathon, guy just like to dey pokenose grin

1 Like

Re: LASG Announces Road Closure Ahead Of Lagos Marathon by psychologist(m): 9:55pm On Jan 28, 2019
Another free million bots for Kenyan's to come and pick up
Re: LASG Announces Road Closure Ahead Of Lagos Marathon by Kaycee9242(m): 10:00pm On Jan 28, 2019
roads wey never reach us na em dy wan close? Lagos I hail. every of my movements that day has been cancelled
Re: LASG Announces Road Closure Ahead Of Lagos Marathon by bigtt76(f): 10:05pm On Jan 28, 2019
On that day wee sha see awon fitfamers wen nor go gree us rest for social media de bluff us ...half marathon, full marathon abi na quarter marathon sef cheesy cheesy cheesy

naptu2:

https://insidemainland.com/2019/01/28/traffic-advisory-lasg-announces-road-closure-ahead-of-lagos-marathon-see-alternative-routes/

(1) (2) (Reply)

Cleanest City In Nigeria / Dana Crash: Black Box Report Ready In 2013 – Ministry / FG Tasks NAIRAXI, Others On Interventions In Transport System

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.