Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,406 members, 7,819,445 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:26 PM

Her Mum Is Pushing It. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Her Mum Is Pushing It. (1361 Views)

I’m Sad! Mum Is Having An Affair Six Month’s After Dad’s Death’ / Baby Strapped To A Pillow So Her Mum Could Work (Picture) / My Wife Is Pushing Me To Do Things I Don't Like Please Advice Your Friend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Her Mum Is Pushing It. by izeek(m): 7:43pm On Mar 25, 2008
maybe some of you remember me posting sometime back about my pregnant girlfriend.
well maybe i shud start by saying that we finally decided to get married and settle down.
well all seems to be going well really except for the fact that her mother wants a very elaborate wedding , which i am against one becuase of the cost and also the fact that wen we made this arrangement we decided it was just gonnna be us and our friends as witness at the registry.
well when i put this forward to the mother at first she disagreed, and wen she finally came to terms with it, she put a condition.
that she has to be present and there must be an after party.
my mum has already not to be a there if thats my wish, and dats the same thing i spoke with my wife.
now she seems bent on having her way, unfortunately am not one to bulge easily.
wat do you think is wise.
follow my original idea, or simply pacify the mother for the daughters sake?
Re: Her Mum Is Pushing It. by Busta(f): 7:46pm On Mar 25, 2008
stand your grounds!

else after the marriage, they gonnna push u around and don't be surprise when she brings her whole family to live with u guys . . . including her mother
Re: Her Mum Is Pushing It. by izeek(m): 7:55pm On Mar 25, 2008
the excuse her mums uses is the fact that she is her fav. which i do understand but i ant displease myself to please her.
afterall my folks aiant coming.
Re: Her Mum Is Pushing It. by Busta(f): 8:03pm On Mar 25, 2008
Are u marrying the girl or her mum?
besides, what's ur girl saying bout this?

do not let ursef be pushed around!
Re: Her Mum Is Pushing It. by DaJunta(m): 1:36pm On Mar 26, 2008
Busta:

stand your grounds!

else after the marriage, they gonnna push u around and don't be surprise when she brings her whole family to live with u guys . . . including her mother

Supported. Once u start conceeding, u cant stop half way. stand ur grounds bro
Re: Her Mum Is Pushing It. by efuah(f): 1:52pm On Mar 26, 2008
Busta:

stand your grounds!

Poster, take note of this.
Re: Her Mum Is Pushing It. by Outstrip(f): 5:43pm On Mar 26, 2008
You are very sselfish. How can yousay that the mother should not attend the wedding? I don't get it. Was she a bad mother? Did she abuse you? Why would you exclude any parents but invite friends? I guess it your life. Live it any way you like.

1 Like

Re: Her Mum Is Pushing It. by izeek(m): 6:39pm On Mar 26, 2008
no vex outstrip but wetin i dey wicked get to do with this aniways.
its my life and decision. moreso we was gonna do something big by next year
were dem all can come.
Re: Her Mum Is Pushing It. by nkc(m): 7:37pm On Mar 26, 2008
@izeek

if d mom comes, den yur life is ruined, why u ask?

she will boss u around slowly and surely and poison her daughters mind toward u, into controlling u, so since yur folks aint coming no one except yur original plan should be there
Re: Her Mum Is Pushing It. by SweetT1: 7:44pm On Mar 26, 2008
@Izeek

Have you ever seen the movie called "throw mama down from the train"? grin
Re: Her Mum Is Pushing It. by Nobody: 2:12am On Mar 27, 2008
Da Junta:

Supported. Once u start conceeding, u can't stop half way. stand your grounds bro

I think you 've haerd it.
BETTER STAND ON YOUR DECISION.
Re: Her Mum Is Pushing It. by baby4u2(f): 2:23am On Mar 27, 2008
i understand the part of no big party but u want to deny her family of this important day in your wife's life. You can deny the mum of not having her way with the party but i don't think you should not allow her attend the wedding in general. Also, your mum should attend it too or are u ashamed?
Re: Her Mum Is Pushing It. by SOMTO2(m): 6:36am On Mar 27, 2008
izeek i tink its basically what u both want.
afterall u will be the one marrying yher and not her mum.
unless u want to have a broken home, then u can actually take the risk.
but believe me am speaking from experience ( divorcee) its gonna be hard to manage.
do what you think is right.
Re: Her Mum Is Pushing It. by almondjoy(f): 7:04am On Mar 27, 2008
Talk about pushy moms and MILs. . .

@poster
If you value your life, sanity and future happiness, just let this woman do her thing as long as she is paying for it.  This must be very important to her.  Just bite your tongue for peace sake. You are only buying peace. The whole event is stressful in itself. . .let the woman dance her wallet away. . . just sit there for one day and it will be over.

Goodluck!
Re: Her Mum Is Pushing It. by bollingjoe(m): 8:31am On Mar 27, 2008
stand ur ground
Re: Her Mum Is Pushing It. by opokonwa(m): 9:24am On Mar 27, 2008
Simply suggest the fussy mother-in-law to contribute her quota to the 'big wedding'.
Some stupid desires simply need a flat answer.

Or no answer at all undecided
You can go ahead to do the wedding and if it is too low in standard for her, she can stay at home!

Should everything in this world be headache?!
Re: Her Mum Is Pushing It. by DaJunta(m): 10:29am On Mar 27, 2008
Poster,

everyone has spoken, so if u have ears make u listen
but if u dont shocked well, take anytin u see grin
Re: Her Mum Is Pushing It. by janami(f): 10:39am On Mar 27, 2008
party na by force? tell the woman to do woteva she wants. U and ur wife dnt ve to be present. As far as she is footing the bill tongue
Re: Her Mum Is Pushing It. by DaJunta(m): 10:47am On Mar 27, 2008
janami:

party na by force? tell the woman to do woteva she wants. You and your wife dnt ve to be present. As far as she is footing the bill tongue
grin grin grin
Re: Her Mum Is Pushing It. by DaJunta(m): 10:49am On Mar 27, 2008
d mother no go dey budget 4 gbedu with another person pepper. na wa ooo
Re: Her Mum Is Pushing It. by kalmebad(f): 11:16am On Mar 27, 2008
@ topic
Please permit me to ask what the issue really is here
To have ur mother-in-law come for the registry??
Or to have a party after the registry??

If later is d case, guy,stand ur ground if u don't have the money to throw for party yet
My prayer has always been not to get a miserable mother in-laws cus they will make ur life also miserable
Once allowed,be rest assured they will want to rule ur life for the rest of ur marriages
A good mother inlaw will take matters and situations of the son-inlaw into cognizance at all times and not the best way it suits her and the daughter

In all i respect men who are never woman wrapper,dancing here and there just to please people even when it doesn't go well with them
It does not go so well with my brother and his mother-inlaw because he did not allow her play the piper and dectects the tune 4 him

But if the issue here is attending the registry,guy u have no reason to deprive her of that,it should be her Joy
Re: Her Mum Is Pushing It. by onyekang1(f): 11:26am On Mar 27, 2008
Sweet T:

@Izeek

Have you ever seen the movie called "throw mama down from the train"? grin
I can only imaginegrin grin grin grin so @ Izeek go get urs nowwwwwww  grin grin grin grin. bsides stand your grounds bro otherwise,your prospective mother-in-law will make your marriage a living hell. come oh! jus out of curiousity,who's side is your wife on? 
Re: Her Mum Is Pushing It. by izeek(m): 5:21pm On Mar 28, 2008
well y;all tanx and odnt worry she will def be around for the more serious occassion in august. my wife will be having our son then.

but for the reg tin, i don talk and dats dat.
Re: Her Mum Is Pushing It. by FactorChic(f): 8:32pm On Mar 28, 2008
WOW! shocked shocked shocked

I understand where the mother is coming from. FOR GOD'S SAKE HOW CAN HER DAUGHTER GET MARRIED AND SHE CAN'T ATTEND WHEN SHE'S NOT DEAD OR NOT IN GOOD TERMS WITH HER MOM?!!! c'mon don't be selfish!!!! That is just wrong!

Don't u know it brings great joy to a mother's heart to see her child get married?! angry angry angry angry

I know u don't want to be pushed aroung but c'mon it's her daughter's wedding, and u said your mom agree d not to come, do u really think that's what your mom wants? I can't believe how selfish u're being!!! angry angry angry

and u expect her to give u guys blessings? damn! angry angry angry angry

(1) (Reply)

HELP! Save Me From My Family Lawyers / Bizarre Gift Of Golden Toilet By Royal Family(photo) / Between The Egg And The Fowl Who Is The Elder?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.