Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,633 members, 7,820,224 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:45 AM

Laptop Blue Screen With - Driver_irql_not_less_or_equal Error - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Laptop Blue Screen With - Driver_irql_not_less_or_equal Error (1240 Views)

How To Fix Blue Screen Of Death & System Auto Restart Issue / Windows Xp Blue Screen (unmountable-boot-volume): Please Help! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Laptop Blue Screen With - Driver_irql_not_less_or_equal Error by aminoritse(m): 12:59am On Mar 26, 2008
my pentium iii dell laptop has developed a fault indicating the subject as error. it shuts down on its own with a blue screen, and reboots without continuously not giving me room to work. i have repaired the operating system window xp, deleted some files and have been battling with it to get it to work for me but all efforts have failed. i don't know what more to do. please has anyone any clue of idea or even a software to save me from the possibility of it deteriorating to a state of total disrepair. i need my system very badly more now than ever please. sad
Re: Laptop Blue Screen With - Driver_irql_not_less_or_equal Error by DualCore1: 8:47am On Mar 26, 2008
bsod wink
sorry sha.
its a driver compatibility or driver missing issue. last resort, backup > format > install OS.

P.S
this might not be applicable in ur case though, overheating could cause this too. try getting freeware apps to force the fan to run always.

before going for the last resort, check if u see any file or driver names being mentioned in any part of the error message. tht should help pinpoint where the stuff is coming from. if u see the filename ndis.sys included in the error message its most def a ram problem.
Re: Laptop Blue Screen With - Driver_irql_not_less_or_equal Error by Nobody: 9:05am On Mar 26, 2008
are you using opera?
because i sometimes get that sam bsod when running downloads via opera.
Re: Laptop Blue Screen With - Driver_irql_not_less_or_equal Error by ocheje: 9:50am On Mar 26, 2008
Check the memory chip (ram)
Re: Laptop Blue Screen With - Driver_irql_not_less_or_equal Error by mmonwuba(m): 5:19pm On Mar 26, 2008
+ or - it your ram. try re-sitting it, make sure your hdd is seated properly. If it is an acer, its the hdd. 90%
Re: Laptop Blue Screen With - Driver_irql_not_less_or_equal Error by aminoritse(m): 12:07am On Mar 28, 2008
thanks guys. will dare all even to the last resort and get back. smiley

(1) (Reply)

Gns3 Users / Fairly Used Canon 5d And Dvd Sony Camcorder For Sale / Restart - Hibernate - Shutdown Your Pc At A Specific Time Even When You Fall Asl

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.