Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,128 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:49 PM

NIIT: Are They Worth It? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / NIIT: Are They Worth It? (37274 Views)

New Horizon Vs Niit Which Will You Recommend For Training In Oracle Database / Name The Best IT Institute In Name: NIIT, APTECH, KAROX / Aptech, NIIT Or Karrox For Oracle Certificatification? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

NIIT: Are They Worth It? by gideonel(m): 1:59pm On May 07, 2006
Hi guys,
wat can u say about NIIT? do they worth wat they claim to be in the IT Era?
do they worth the huge cash they collect from people?
pls refere me to a good IT place in Port harcourt.

tenx
Re: NIIT: Are They Worth It? by gloryland(m): 5:48pm On May 20, 2006
NIIT is worth it. I did Network Engineering in Niit Benin. They are just too Good. Give it a try.
good luck
Re: NIIT: Are They Worth It? by Ashiwaju(m): 11:37pm On May 20, 2006
They Dont worth a penny! I have had personal experience and i have heard from people. Road side computer school put you into details with just a little fraction of what they charge although NIIT has got the Recognition and they have real gems and i still dont know why they cant deliver! Ask a true student of NIIT and hear what they have to say.
Re: NIIT: Are They Worth It? by xkape(m): 12:58pm On May 21, 2006
NIIT should be arrested for fraud. Typical indians out to stiff u for every penny u own. They prey on the fact that many nigerians are looking for a way of getting a job at all costs, even if they are not IT inclined.

NIIT is worth it. I did Network Engineering in Niit Benin. They are just too Good. Give it a try.
good luck
Sir please tell us what kind of a job u got with this training, if u have improved urself apart from NIIT and if the rewards are proportional to what u were charged.
Re: NIIT: Are They Worth It? by chief(m): 2:13pm On May 21, 2006
personally, I think they are worth it. To some they are not. It all depends on if you know what you are looking for.
Re: NIIT: Are They Worth It? by okenzo(m): 2:21pm On May 21, 2006
Try KaRrox at Allen, ikeja, They are new and just too much and will give u everything you need in IT.
Just go there for inquiry and u will see for yourself.

1 Like

Re: NIIT: Are They Worth It? by Larufa(m): 2:51pm On May 21, 2006
My experience with them is nothing to write home about.
The cost of their courses are just too high without any corresponding benefit to the students.
My advise is for u to get yourself familiar with computer usage 1st, buy/get and read books on your area of IT interest, then most importantly network with guys with similar interest.
Re: NIIT: Are They Worth It? by smartsoft(m): 3:55pm On May 21, 2006
Well ma friend Did Maxmedia and till now his unable to do some stuff on it,  his just putting himself through on what he has learnt so far because according to him he knows computers real well,  but the fact still remains the same,  Only the name and the certificate and notting more.
Re: NIIT: Are They Worth It? by akamihe(m): 9:22am On May 22, 2006
I can only vouch for their books,
Re: NIIT: Are They Worth It? by gentleaura(m): 3:29pm On May 22, 2006
Well I really dont know about NIIT, but I went to APTECH which seems like NIIT's rival. That was some 3 years ago as a young boy waiting on september to come before I go to Uni abroad. What I learnt there, everything I mean, that I learnt there was worth every penny. To make my case better, I came for computer science, my first year's course seems like what I had known since when I was little. I went thru everything at APTECH, I call my mother and thank her for it cos she didnt want me to go in the first place. Just another avenue to waste money but it was worth it afterall.

Nigerians just want this supernatural intervention to be a respite for them. Going to NIIT doesnt really gaurantee you a job at a IT company.
Re: NIIT: Are They Worth It? by buddie(m): 8:54pm On May 22, 2006
NIIT has made the name,out of that they are SHIT.The lecturers are fairly ok but when its comes to course duration forget it,they give u well downloaded books cool and afterwards you are on your own, the excuses they give is that the lecture venue will be used for so, exam certification so u sit back at home during those days thereby prolonging the course program, embarassed don talk my own sha,
Re: NIIT: Are They Worth It? by Farriel(m): 12:56pm On May 23, 2006
Last time I heard, their lecturers were plain dumb, just good at teaching from big textbooks with fancy covers. 'Cos what they were doing were recruiting guys who blasted their exams even though you and I and them know that dumps from a good site can see you through.

I have a friend who just wrote and passed his OCP (Oracle Certified Professional). They recruited him before anyone could say Larry Ellison, primarily because it was Oracle 10g he blasted. This guy can't tell the difference between the Oracle SQL select command from schema, but there he is, taking people on Oracle 10g and 9i.

IMO, I'd say have some fair knowledge of the specific aspect of IT you want to go into, and then scout around for training centers, preferably in Lagos. NIIT could be fairly OK to some folks, but to many others, the cost isn't worth it, not a dime of it.

1 Like

Re: NIIT: Are They Worth It? by texbiano(m): 3:59pm On May 23, 2006
I worked with NIIT for 3 years, first as a trainee faculty, up until I became a senior faculty. Just as some people said, u get what u want from NIIT and indeed any other IT training institute. All I can say is that NIIT, at least to some extent, has the required infrastructure and environment for learning. Now, whether they r efficient is a different story all together. The truth remains that the name 'NIIT' pulls some serious weight when u go for IT based job interviews.

U can make the best from NIIT if u r the seroius type and u knw what u r there for. Their books are quite expository so u need not have a teacher to take u through them all the time. All in all, even though I'm no longer there, I think NIIT remains one of the best around(Mind u, this is no advert; infact I dont give a hoot about those indians!!!)

1 Like

Re: NIIT: Are They Worth It? by Dojo(m): 5:29pm On May 23, 2006
Anything on IMS @ Ikeja?
Re: NIIT: Are They Worth It? by smartsoft(m): 7:43pm On May 23, 2006
awwwwwwwwwww IMS Obakrawn ikeja hummm really good have gone there for details, and i really like what they are doing, though nice one ! well equipt lab, but don't know about now oo !
Re: NIIT: Are They Worth It? by smartsoft(m): 7:44pm On May 23, 2006
Nobody is talking about LAGOS CITY COMPUTER COLLEGE what do you feel about that school
Re: NIIT: Are They Worth It? by IykeD1(m): 10:47pm On May 23, 2006
Guys,

How much does a typical training/certification cost at NIIT? I Have a cousin who says
he is interested and needed some help. Just wanted to have an idea before he takes
me for a ride, you know what I mean,
Re: NIIT: Are They Worth It? by smartsoft(m): 10:50pm On May 23, 2006
the little you could get from there should be N100thousand ! or there about
Re: NIIT: Are They Worth It? by gbengaijot(m): 7:48am On May 24, 2006
Re: NIIT: Are They Worth It? by seeker(m): 11:29am On May 24, 2006
Classroom training can only jumpstart you. It's up to the student to fill in the blanks with extra work and study. If one is good at learning alone, I'd recommend buying the books and doing self study. Very satisfying, though challenging route. Whichever way you go, make sure to hang around other people you can learn from.
Re: NIIT: Are They Worth It? by Omega2(m): 8:35am On May 27, 2006
NIIT or no NIIT, one things is certain that it is ur interest that will drive you, i went there for enquiries and i was scared. the amount i was charged could set one up in life, i concluded it's not for poor people, went to another small computer school in abeokuta and believe me i do solve problems for some so to say NIIT guys around our place. Firstly i will advise if you can to get your own personal computer, it will help teach you a lot itself and then
go get ur training from cheaper places around and be really exposed to PRACTICALS not just lectures and histories and fashion contest guys do there. and use the remaining money to write ur professional exams say A+, MCSE, CCNA e.t.c and with that u stand more chance than any othe NIIT GUY in a job interview. more so what all employer is interested in now is what u can do practically, not the certificate u hold, cos most people can't defend the cert. remember there are over a hundred ways of passing an exam without even showing up at the exam center even in the universities, so get practical. moreso you get books and virtually any other thing you need from the internet.
there are a lot to say, but later.
Re: NIIT: Are They Worth It? by kaynet(m): 7:16pm On May 28, 2006
tnx so much for ur reply omega2!

Omega2 link=topic=12260.msg383979#msg383979

date=1148715352:

NIIT or no NIIT, one things is certain that it is your interest that will drive you, i went there for enquiries and i was scared. the amount i was charged could set one up in life, i concluded it's not for poor people, went to another small computer school in abeokuta and believe me i do solve problems for some so to say NIIT guys around our place. Firstly i will advise if you can to get your own personal computer, it will help teach you a lot itself and then
go get your training from cheaper places around and be really exposed to PRACTICALS not just lectures and histories and fashion contest guys do there. and use the remaining money to write your professional exams say A+, MCSE, CCNA e.t.c and with that u stand more chance than any othe NIIT GUY in a job interview. more so what all employer is interested in now is what u can do practically, not the certificate u hold, because most people can't defend the cert. remember there are over a hundred ways of passing an exam without even showing up at the exam center even in the universities, so get practical. moreso you get books and virtually any other thing you need from the internet.
there are a lot to say, but later.
Re: NIIT: Are They Worth It? by asia53: 9:39pm On Feb 27, 2007
Oh hello, can anyone please tell me the location of NIIT benin because i am planing on taking a course there myself.
Re: NIIT: Are They Worth It? by Mystique(f): 4:15pm On Mar 05, 2007
NIIT is definately not worth d stress, i paid a ridiculously high amount for thier oracle 10g course, and aint even using it for nada. . . . undecided
Re: NIIT: Are They Worth It? by Seun(m): 4:22pm On Apr 04, 2007
Moved to Programming section.
Re: NIIT: Are They Worth It? by larryoncol(m): 7:17pm On Apr 11, 2007
well don't say that you ain't using it for nada, its either you did it for the money or you have no passion for database administration, nada lol `
Re: NIIT: Are They Worth It? by 9ja4eva: 7:32pm On Jun 23, 2007
They are worth it.

Aptech is better though
Re: NIIT: Are They Worth It? by stannesi(m): 9:06pm On Jun 23, 2007
men, NIIT is not wat u think it is, my spendin is not, worth it,
its like i went dere to buy books, lets call it an IT bookshop.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: NIIT: Are They Worth It? by 9ja4eva: 11:44pm On Jun 23, 2007
Yu for try Aptech cos i know dey teach n ur wld c d worth of ur money
Re: NIIT: Are They Worth It? by yaro248(m): 11:22pm On Jun 25, 2007
It's not worth the amount paid. It will be worth going there to alot of people only if they can cut their price down. What is taught at NIIT can be learnt in some places at a cheaper price.
Re: NIIT: Are They Worth It? by 9ja4eva: 11:24pm On Jun 25, 2007
I dnt think dey have that good programs too.

We gat other computer skuls in 9ja
Re: NIIT: Are They Worth It? by osasp(m): 12:12pm On Jun 28, 2007
omg, i saw this thread clicked it and started reading ur posts from the begining, after reading like 4 i couldn't hold it again.NIIT is total rubbish, i started a course there and i'm still regretting going there in the first place.i remember the lecturers (or 'faculties' as they call themselves) saying aptech is rubbish and all that but a friend of mine that left NIIT to aptech speaks otherwise.at a point, about 3 people had to share a computer because we were too many in a class.we didn't get our books in time and we had to share that aswell.i beg any body reading this and having a mind of going there,just save ur money while you can because the annoying part of it is the huge amount they con u off,but their books are good though

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

You Earn #200k A Month But Your Boss Is Always Angry & Abusive? / CEO Blasts Security Guard For Sleeping On Duty (Photos) / Nigeria’s Highest Paid CEOs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.