Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,793 members, 7,810,065 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:49 PM

Samsung Galaxy S4 - Phones (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Samsung Galaxy S4 (25992 Views)

My Samsung Galaxy S4 Phone Photos / Invalid IMEI On My Galaxy S4 Mini (GT-I9190) / "No Signal Found For Mobile Networks" Help On Samsung Galaxy S4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Samsung Galaxy S4 by caukerzee(m): 9:37am On Mar 15, 2013
texazzpete:

...or he likes another phone?
Theres a big difference between 'like' & 'prefrence'. He is butthurt that the platform he likes doesn't match up to this one.
Re: Samsung Galaxy S4 by caukerzee(m): 9:39am On Mar 15, 2013
nathdim: pesin go still dey mention BlackBerry 10
You wey know person.
Re: Samsung Galaxy S4 by BlackBaron: 9:40am On Mar 15, 2013
Tipping my scale at 5 inches...

1.9 ghz Octacore
Must resist!
Re: Samsung Galaxy S4 by 4llerbuntu(m): 10:05am On Mar 15, 2013
the phone is PHYSICALLY SMALLER, LIGHTER and THINNER than the S3 tho.

its just the display thats .3 inches bigger.
Re: Samsung Galaxy S4 by Nobody: 10:08am On Mar 15, 2013
Honestly I think the S4 is a tweaked S3,there's nothing special, samsung launched a galaxy S4 that does not make S3 look redundant.
Any one seen the HTC one?

Re: Samsung Galaxy S4 by Nobody: 10:33am On Mar 15, 2013
Just when I thought I had saved enough for S3 now this? In fact I no dey buy again!

1 Like

Re: Samsung Galaxy S4 by badassnigga(m): 10:35am On Mar 15, 2013
on point cool
rilli great
Re: Samsung Galaxy S4 by timpaker(m): 11:50am On Mar 15, 2013
And i just got the S3 on monday... Can i return it, add an extra money and get the S4?
Re: Samsung Galaxy S4 by Bawss1(m): 12:10pm On Mar 15, 2013
timpaker: And i just got the S3 on monday... Can i return it, add an extra money and get the S4?

Next time a little research before you make a purchase of this nature will be the right thing to do.

I don't think that option of an upgrade is available in Nigeria.
Re: Samsung Galaxy S4 by StOla: 12:30pm On Mar 15, 2013
Yoruba_Omoge: Looks exactly like the Samsung galaxy note 2. Same exterior design, same size etc.
No more idea s from Sammy?

Other phone manufacturers are copying Samsung GN2 too. Sad. What happened to new ideas?

It's not the same size. Galaxy Note2 is 5.5" display while Galaxy S4 is 5" display. The S3 is 4.8" display.
However the Galaxy Note2 still stand apart in a world of its own.
Re: Samsung Galaxy S4 by Nobody: 12:40pm On Mar 15, 2013
azeezakande: Thanks, but no thanks..... iPhone till they make iPhone no more.
we have heard. But you can't argue the fact that samsung is better. tongue
azeezakande: Thanks, but no thanks..... iPhone till they make iPhone no more.
we have heard. But you can't argue the fact that samsung is better.
Re: Samsung Galaxy S4 by seunny4lif(m): 1:08pm On Mar 15, 2013
Am still using my E71 becos I don try of changing phone.....I download anything I want on my E71 period
Re: Samsung Galaxy S4 by jedisco(m): 1:57pm On Mar 15, 2013
Segzy23:

They could have put 3100mAh battery in it to give it more battery life, but they didn't want to compromise on the size and weight as you mentioned. Rather they gave people the choice, if you want something bigger with more battery life, then go for the Samsung galaxy note

The larger battery on the note does not necessarily mean the note would last better because it has a larger screen.

I just want consumers and OEMs to put more focus into battery life.
Re: Samsung Galaxy S4 by LADEMINUS: 5:11pm On Mar 15, 2013
texazzpete:

You couldn't be more wrong. I switched to Android April 2012. Currently I use a Galaxy Note II.
I don't expect innovation all the time. All we ask is for Samsung to make better designed phones.

Samsung didn't outsell the iPhone...and their massive sales are more due to massive advertisement and massive global rollout than any 'wow factor'.

Leave am... Outsell iphone my foot! What a joke, apple aren't even trying..just look at siri, its just a snippet of what they can do.
Re: Samsung Galaxy S4 by GamblinQueen: 5:25pm On Mar 15, 2013
Yoruba_Omoge:

According to the rumors, it should have up to 64GB (16GB, 32GB too) internal memory.

No.

Not good enough.
Buying a new phone is like buying a new car.
The minute you drive that new car off the lot, the value of the car drops like a rock.
The phone is nice for those who want a lot of bells and whistles.
But as someone who is looking for longevity and demands a lot of bang for their buck, if it doesn't have 1 terabyte of internal memory, then it's useless to me and other users who use their phone like a mini portable computer.
And as a working stiff, I don't have the luxury of tossing hard earned money towards a new "carrot".
So if Samsung, LG, or any other mobile phone manufacturer desire access into my pockets again, they're gonna have to upass 1 terabyte of memory. lol.....
Re: Samsung Galaxy S4 by UncleJJ(m): 6:10pm On Mar 15, 2013
No need to rush for the s4. Except your pretty sure you need an upgrade.

Been monitoring the xda forums and have not heard a pip about this gadget from em.

I assume, the s3 still presents a marvelous performance. We should wait till the experts give us a review and explains the pro's and cons of this device.

It seems they've moved to software buttons and have also improved the ugly interface I love to hate.

Like cars, these guys can only provide you with the base, but you need to personalise ur s.hit to get it to run as you like.

If you have the s3 interface, you can flash cool rom 6 and get the AOSP theme for it. To get the stock android look you find on nexus4 et.al.

Flash radio's, install swipe key, remove bloated software and add ons.

You really need to push you gs3 to the limit before getting an upgrade.

The android community has been infiltrated with "follow follow" people.

The true android was built for geeks, semi geeks and techies. Now every douce bag is sporting an audience and half of even restart/reboot their phones. They just buy a new model when it launches.

The gs3 is a powerful device, I advice guys looking to get a gs4, to wait till the year runs out, if they can.

Gs3 is capable of pulling all software upgrades 4.3 and 4.4 of which are not yet out so why buy the Gs4.
Re: Samsung Galaxy S4 by DAVE5(m): 6:49pm On Mar 15, 2013
i am a total iphone fan but i must confess dis s4 beats all iphones hands down but i'll still stick to my iphone fanboyism. I love iphone till sometin sleeker comes out
Re: Samsung Galaxy S4 by YorubaOmoge: 7:25pm On Mar 15, 2013
Gamblin Queen :

Not good enough.
Buying a new phone is like buying a new car.
The minute you drive that new car off the lot, the value of the car drops like a rock.
The phone is nice for those who want a lot of bells and whistles.
But as someone who is looking for longevity and demands a lot of bang for their buck, if it doesn't have 1 terabyte of internal memory, then it's useless to me and other users who use their phone like a mini portable computer.
And as a working stiff, I don't have the luxury of tossing hard earned money towards a new "carrot".
So if Samsung, LG, or any other mobile phone manufacturer desire access into my pockets again, they're gonna have to upass 1 terabyte of memory. lol.....

Madam, whichphone out there exceeds a 64GB internal memory? Not even any apple phone.

Now you're just asking for a bottled magic power.
Re: Samsung Galaxy S4 by Nobody: 7:32pm On Mar 15, 2013
Mrkuvuki: Honestly I think the S4 is a tweaked S3,there's nothing special, samsung launched a galaxy S4 that does not make S3 look redundant.
Any one seen the HTC one?

Even though the HTC has a better finish and feel. I'd rather have a device that allows an SD Card and swap-able batteries.
Re: Samsung Galaxy S4 by Abrantie: 9:04pm On Mar 15, 2013
HQ: Pictures of the Samsung Galaxy S4

The Galaxy S4 has a 5-inch HD display. The screen is slightly larger than the one on the Galaxy S III.

The Control Panel

The Galaxy S4 has a 13 MP camera - with several new features in the camera software

The Little black dot on top of the phone is an infrared blaster that lets you use the Galaxy S4 as a Universal Remote for any TV.

What a beauty! I'm gonna be making love to this sexy piece of high-tech wonder in about a month or so.

The first website I'd visit with that baby is Nairaland, so that I can splooge my load all over the front page.
Re: Samsung Galaxy S4 by Bawss1(m): 10:17pm On Mar 15, 2013
^ Erm, gross.
Re: Samsung Galaxy S4 by BashToks: 3:11am On Mar 16, 2013
Yoruba_Omoge:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gfzom-RdrwI

Is samsung fcukking with me?

This is GN2 Remodeled.

I'm pissed because now there's no distinct physical difference between the GN2 and GS4. I don't want my phone to be mistaken for a GS4 angry

GN2 is the thing right now.

Ya know this.. All hail the incredible Galaxy Note II
Re: Samsung Galaxy S4 by BashToks: 3:14am On Mar 16, 2013
lacasa: ​ so​ We still have nigerians hooked on mobile phones

Hmmmm!! Interesting.

...And some of their mates r building houses, they r desperately saving to make-up and buy a Samsung phone. undecided

#.. On a very long thing, they are!!!

*Sighs
People and their whack sense of humour
Stay in the 18th century if u wana. Your choice!
Bush folk!
Re: Samsung Galaxy S4 by BashToks: 3:21am On Mar 16, 2013
phummynoodles: Men this phone is cazy, I will wait 4 x6 that one has iron and AC so no yawA

All dese peepos dat call it it X dis X dat.. Even as u dey see S written for everywhere so u stil dey call am X.. lol
Re: Samsung Galaxy S4 by BashToks: 3:43am On Mar 16, 2013
Yoruba_Omoge: GS4

Processor:

1.8Ghz. . . . QUITE Impressive compared to GN2's 1.4Ghz. Improvement.
2GB RAM. . . common.
From 720 x 1,280 display of the Samsung Galaxy S III to a Full HD, 1,080 x 1,920 display. . . .higher pixel density, but doesn't guarantee a clearer image.
Comes with S Pen . . .

Do I want to exchange my GN2 for GS4. . . .No.
I'm waiting for the GN4 (if there's ever going to be any), and Sammy better not disappoint me. I want something mind blowing, and S4 aint. It's like a combination of GN2 and S3.
I grew up with Samsung and I'll continue with Samsung if and ONLY if they stop with this recycling rubbish. You can't have two types of models, merge their specifications and expect us to be wowed. angry

Nice insight into the S4 calling it a hybrid of GN2 and S3. Never actually thought of it that way. Like you, i wouldn't trade my GN2 for it too.. Still loving the 5.5" heaven.
Point of correction tho.. Processor Speed of GN2 is 1.6Ghz.
Re: Samsung Galaxy S4 by GamblinQueen: 3:50am On Mar 16, 2013
Yoruba_Omoge:

Madam, whichphone out there exceeds a 64GB internal memory? Not even any apple phone.

Now you're just asking for a bottled magic power.

I hate to disappoint you but it was only a few years ago that 1 gig of internal memory was the "must have".
I just purchased my phone last week thinking 5 gig of internal memory was the best thing since the dual camera.
Now this week the industry is in the process of releasing a "new phone" with 64 gig internal memory.
I already know that it is only a matter of time and billions of consumer dollars later that the memory will reach 1 tera byte.
Depending on your age, when the cell phone first hit the market almost all of the phones had cameras, camcorders, and flashes.
Now you have to purchase an upscale camera just to get the flash. No matter how the industry tout how wonderful the cameras are, you still get crappy photos without the flash.
I still possess an Audio Vox android phone from "the time of Moses". That phone has camera, camcorder, and flash. It takes better pictures and does better videos than the phone I just purchased and the phone I replaced.

Keep in mind that the reality of repeat customers is to dangle a better "carrot".
That's how they stay in business and make their profits.
Time will tell the tale.
Re: Samsung Galaxy S4 by Nobody: 3:50am On Mar 16, 2013
Eke is a Fuhhcking Phone Nerd, Haha
Re: Samsung Galaxy S4 by BashToks: 4:04am On Mar 16, 2013
Gamblin Queen :
Does anyone know how much internal memory this phone has?
I just purchased a LG and I have 5 gigs of internal memory not to mention my 32 gig memory card.
While I was shopping for a new phone, I noticed that many of the more expensive phones had lesser internal memory and that is a setback for me.
Because most of the apps I download can't be moved to my memory card. So keeping that in mind my primary goal was making sure I purchased a phone that would allow me to download my apps and store my msgs without having to worry about running out of memory space every other week.
I do not expect to purchase a phone for quite some time, because this phone does everything I need it to do. Heck I even run a dos based program on my phone and use a bluetooth keybord with it whenever I visit certain sites. Talk about thinking outside of the box....... lol

I would be willing to pay $500.00 for a phone if it came with 1 terabyte of internal memory and possessed all of the features that my LG phone has. I would own that phone for the rest of my life or until it could no longer be repaired. Which ever comes first.

Lol.. 1 terabyte memory?? TF? What game you running on your LG?
Am not sure if I should classify your post as a joke or if ure really serious.. Cos if so leme break it to you that thers no phone with a 1 terabyte internal memory.. Least not yet.. Chill for 5 yrs
Re: Samsung Galaxy S4 by BashToks: 4:07am On Mar 16, 2013
spenca:
Ma oga i tire o

I just hope they dont shoot demselves in the foot with this move.
Barely 9 months since the S3 was launched.
These Koreans sef... make dem go sleep small!
Re: Samsung Galaxy S4 by BashToks: 4:14am On Mar 16, 2013
texazzpete:

Renowned for innovation? Samsung? You're kidding, right?

Most of the 'new' features they announced have already been out there on other platforms for a while.

Samsung are masters of copying...as usual....and their copied features are touted as 'innovation'

Some of the features not most.. Sammy came with the Smart concepts ( smart scroll, stay and rotation etc), air view
And what's this thing you all like to tag as copying.
Other phone makers are gona adopt any new development or tech so far its good.. Like Apple saying Sammy copied Notification panel is just plain dumb of Apple. All devices out there now have a slide down notification panel. It really isn't copying.. its Uniformity.
Re: Samsung Galaxy S4 by BashToks: 4:19am On Mar 16, 2013
Yoruba_Omoge:

Apple for design? grin

Olorun maje!

Apple Logic: +1inch = new design grin

Lolz.. You're kinda right. Apple's only edge is the metallic finish which sorta gives it a classy look.
Other phone brands like Samsung have managed to pitch to us that Metallic finish ends up defeating the purpose cos its way heavier than plastic and it doesnt absorb shock well in the event of a drop or an impact which is actually quite true. But for some reason some people stil wana rock metal devices (Metallica rock. Lol)
Re: Samsung Galaxy S4 by BashToks: 4:23am On Mar 16, 2013
Yoruba_Omoge:

Texazzz is an avid Apple/iPhone fan. Wouldn't matter even if you spell it out on a beanstalk.

I know that kind.
I call em the Brainwashed Apple Zombies.... *mummurs* I wil eat ur brains

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

[GUIDE] [TUTORIAL] How To Increase Internal Memory Of Tecno N3 / How To Check If Your Phone Supports Virtual Reality Headset / Advantages And Disadvantages Of Text Messaging

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.