Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,677 members, 7,823,914 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 06:12 PM

Official NPFL Thread. (nigerian Professional Football League) - Sports (40) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Official NPFL Thread. (nigerian Professional Football League) (265945 Views)

Official NPFL 2014-2015 Thread. (nigerian Professional Premier League) / Official NPFL Thread. (nigerian Professional Premier League) / Official NPFL Thread. (nigerian Professional Premier League) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) ... (157) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official NPFL Thread. (nigerian Professional Football League) by taiocol: 4:58pm On Nov 04, 2014
robosky02:

i hope masu Gidan can do what eyimba did in CAF Champions league
we know were. there always end, never pass the second round tongue
Re: Official NPFL Thread. (nigerian Professional Football League) by robosky02(m): 2:52pm On Nov 06, 2014
lets go there

WEEK 38 (FINAL) MATCHES SUN 9TH NOV. 2014

EL-KANEMI WARRIORS FC VS SUNSHINE STARS FC
NEMBE CITY FC VS GIWA FC
LOBI STARS FC VS DOLPHINS FC
ENYIMBA INT’L FC VS KANO PILLARS FC
KADUNA UNITED FC VS RANGERS INT’L FC
NASARAWA UNITED FC VS WARRI WOLVES FC
SHARKS FC VS FC TARABA
CROWN FC VS AKWA UNITED FC
HEARTLAND FC VS BAYELSA UNITED FC
GOMBE UNITED FC VS ABIA WARRIORS FC
Re: Official NPFL Thread. (nigerian Professional Football League) by robosky02(m): 5:12pm On Nov 06, 2014
last round of matches postpond till sun 16 nov

to entertain outstnding matches and protests
Re: Official NPFL Thread. (nigerian Professional Football League) by MaziOmenuko: 10:14am On Nov 08, 2014
Where's honeric they said my Abia Warriors won't make top 4? We made a nice fish peppersoup with sharks last week; we'll send Gombe Utd to relegation in their home soil come final day!

robosky02:

last round of matches postpond till sun 16 nov

to entertain outstnding matches and protests

Yesoh! We need to review some kano pillars matches cheesygrin
Re: Official NPFL Thread. (nigerian Professional Football League) by Sunnycent(m): 7:50pm On Nov 13, 2014
Hello guys!
How's the premier league buzzing?? Who's winning? Is it kano pillars, 3sc or Aba warriors? Well, that's not the issue for now!
Am here to invite you to VOTE for Mr Nairaland himself, CHRIS VIRAL tomorrow 8AM to 5PM and on Saturday 8AM to 5PM!
Join the winning team and vote for chris viral!
Thanks!
Re: Official NPFL Thread. (nigerian Professional Football League) by akinnzo(m): 4:43am On Nov 14, 2014
Re: Official NPFL Thread. (nigerian Professional Football League) by akinnzo(m): 4:46am On Nov 14, 2014
Akwa Ibom Stadium Review
Uyo,Akwa Ibom State
http://www.stadiumjourney.com/stadiums/akwa-ibom-stadium-s2156

1 Like

Re: Official NPFL Thread. (nigerian Professional Football League) by Ajibel(m): 5:29am On Nov 16, 2014
Star Match
Enyimba v Kano Pillars
Enyimba Sports Complex, Aba
Live on SS9
Today, 4pm

Abeg, who go create thread for am
Re: Official NPFL Thread. (nigerian Professional Football League) by robosky02(m): 8:18am On Nov 16, 2014
Though Kano Pillars have already been crowned champions for the 2013/14 Glo Nigeria Premier League, the season is nonetheless set for a titanic finish as teams make a last push for survival as well as to secure precious continental tickets for the next season.

Headlining the final day contests will be the game in Lafia where Nasarawa United and Wari Wolves will be slugging it out for a possible berth to compete in next season’s CAF Confederations Cup.

Wolves enjoy a two-point gap (60) over their hosts going into Sunday’s clash but they will be overtaken if Nasarawa United get the home win many predict them to get.

Interestingly, Wolves may even sneak into second place to snatch a Champions League ticket if they secure a rare win in Lafia and Enyimba fail to beat Champions Pillars in Aba.

While it is a hot chase in the upper terrace of the table, it is not yet done and dusted in the bottom half of the log where a number of teams are still at risk of going down and thus need final day wins to be sure they are keeping their Premier League status.

One of such teams desperate for a final day win is Gombe United who are on 47 points and will be playing hosts to Abia Warriors who also have a chance of sneaking in for a place in the continent next season.

For Coach Augustine Equaveon’s Gombe United, victory over Abia Warriors alone may not be adequate for their survival as they would hope results in other centers particulary those involving relegation threatened sides like them go their way.

Meanwhile, attention will also be in Aba where Pillars are boasting they want to finish on a high while their hosts, Enyimba are also saying they want to prove a point by beating the champions on the final day of the League.

Final Day Fixtures

HEARTLAND FC VS BAYELSA UNITED FC

CROWN FC VS AKWA UNITED FC

SHARKS FC VS FC TARABA

GOMBE UNITED FC VS ABIA WARRIORS FC

NASARAWA UNITED FC VS WARRI WOLVES FC

KADUNA UNITED FC VS RANGERS INT’L FC

EL-KANEMI WARRIORS FC VS SUNSHINE STARS FC

NEMBE CITY FC VS GIWA FC

ENYIMBA INT’L FC VS KANO PILLARS FC

LOBI STARS FC VS DOLPHINS FC
Re: Official NPFL Thread. (nigerian Professional Football League) by honeric01(m): 7:37am On Nov 17, 2014
FT Crown FC 3 - 0 Akwa United
FT El Kanemi Warriors 3 - 0 Sunshine Stars
FT Enyimba 3 - 1 Kano Pillars
FT Gombe United 4 - 1 Abia Warriors
FT Heartland Owerri 1 - 2 Bayelsa United
FT Kaduna United FC 1 - 2 Enugu Rangers
FT Lobi Stars 1 - 0 Dolphin Port Harco
FT Nasarawa United 2 - 2 Warri Wolves FC
FT Nembe City FC 0 - 4 Giwa FC
FT Sharks 0 - 1 Taraba

1 Like

Re: Official NPFL Thread. (nigerian Professional Football League) by ukukaegbu(m): 1:36pm On Nov 17, 2014
honeric01:

FT Crown FC 3 - 0 Akwa United
FT El Kanemi Warriors 3 - 0 Sunshine Stars
FT Enyimba 3 - 1 Kano Pillars
FT Gombe United 4 - 1 Abia Warriors
FT Heartland Owerri 1 - 2 Bayelsa United
FT Kaduna United FC 1 - 2 Enugu Rangers
FT Lobi Stars 1 - 0 Dolphin Port Harco
FT Nasarawa United 2 - 2 Warri Wolves FC
FT Nembe City FC 0 - 4 Giwa FC
FT Sharks 0 - 1 Taraba

Hope you watched Enyimba vs Pillars match. Did you see how Enyimba routed Kano Pillars?

Pls don't tell me it's because Pillars already won the league.
Re: Official NPFL Thread. (nigerian Professional Football League) by honeric01(m): 2:25pm On Nov 17, 2014
ukukaegbu:

Hope you watched Enyimba vs Pillars match. Did you see how Enyimba routed Kano Pillars?

Pls don't tell me it's because Pillars already won the league.

Yes, Kano pillars already won the league grin grin grin grin

Why would you kill yourself for what you already have in your pocket? grin
Re: Official NPFL Thread. (nigerian Professional Football League) by ukukaegbu(m): 11:53pm On Nov 17, 2014
honeric01:

Yes, Kano pillars already won the league grin grin grin grin

Why would you kill yourself for what you already have in your pocket? grin

Then why did they boast that they will destroy Enyimba in Aba to prove that winning the league wasn't a fluke?

Did you see how they immediately retrieved the ball from the net after pulling a goal back, as if they were in a hurry to equalize.

Did you see the multitude of fans they brought along, including their governor?

Honestly, I envied Pillars' their position when they made that boast prior to that match. You know why? If they succeeded in defeating Enyimba, they would have proven that point. If they lose, they would give the same excuse you just gave.

ll the same, I give it to Pillars. There's something they're getting right. 3 times in a row no be moi moi.

1 Like

Re: Official NPFL Thread. (nigerian Professional Football League) by honeric01(m): 2:28am On Nov 18, 2014
ukukaegbu:

Then why did they boast that they will destroy Enyimba in Aba to prove that winning the league wasn't a fluke?

Did you see how they immediately retrieved the ball from the net after pulling a goal back, as if they were in a hurry to equalize.

Did you see the multitude of fans they brought along, including their governor?

Honestly, I envied Pillars' their position when they made that boast prior to that match. You know why? If they succeeded in defeating Enyimba, they would have proven that point. If they lose, they would give the same excuse you just gave.

ll the same, I give it to Pillars. There's something they're getting right. 3 times in a row no be moi moi.

I watched the replay, Kano pillars played like a team training lol, about 15 mins to the end of the match, Kano pillars started playing with the ball in their own half.. you saw it na.. did you also see the line up? some irregular players played too..

Those fans came to celebrate the ceremony na or were you expecting them to come alone knowing fully well the Governor was around.

Well the boasting before the match is what I don't know, maybe they did that just to "trick" viewers into watching.. maybe.

All in all, Kano pillars remains the most organized club in the league.

Do you know that the basketball team is also the league champions?

Do you know that the players are signed for 3-5 years?

do you know that Kano Pillars hardly sell their players?

do you know that they rarely buy loads of players, rather they buy 1-3 players, then promote 2-6 from the youth team?

Do you know that in Kano pillars, some players are paid up to 600k monthly and are hardly owed?

Alot is going on in the team..the structure that has been built which is now an institution is what makes pillars thick.

1 Like

Re: Official NPFL Thread. (nigerian Professional Football League) by Ajibel(m): 6:00am On Nov 18, 2014
^^^^^^ *yawns*
Re: Official NPFL Thread. (nigerian Professional Football League) by honeric01(m): 7:14am On Nov 18, 2014
^^^^

Choi, e dey pain u?
Re: Official NPFL Thread. (nigerian Professional Football League) by robosky02(m): 9:03am On Nov 18, 2014
honeric01:
^^^^

Choi, e dey pain u?

no pains
just ask your team to rep us well at the continent just lke enyimba will
Re: Official NPFL Thread. (nigerian Professional Football League) by honeric01(m): 9:21am On Nov 18, 2014
robosky02:

no pains
just ask your team to rep us well at the continent just lke enyimba will

Why not worry more about Enyimba rather than Kano pillars? because we lost out in the first round last reason, its now being used to rate them? we have have been on the continent 4 times and have only lost out once in the first round in one of the four seasons. make una dey reasonable na with una "stereotype" lol cheesy

Enyimba should rep us well o.. i get am before nobi property
Re: Official NPFL Thread. (nigerian Professional Football League) by jibzy90(m): 10:39am On Nov 18, 2014
CONGRATULATIONS SHOOTING STARS SPORTS CLUB OF IBADAN

Congratulations to the Oluyole warriors of Ibadan on there successful return to the elite premier league after been demoted last season.

On behalf of Baluba Lions, Nnamdi Azikiwe Hall UI , Parrot Extra Magazine, we would specially like to congratulate the Oyo state Govt., Management, Players and Staffs of the club on their success.

Wishing them more success in there new plight.

Glory days are back.......Up Stars

1 Like

Re: Official NPFL Thread. (nigerian Professional Football League) by ukukaegbu(m): 1:48pm On Nov 18, 2014
honeric01:

I watched the replay, Kano pillars played like a team training lol, about 15 mins to the end of the match, Kano pillars started playing with the ball in their own half.. you saw it na.. did you also see the line up? some irregular players played too..

I guess they did that to stop Enyimba from scoring more goals. You should know that's what clubs do.

honeric01:

Well the boasting before the match is what I don't know, maybe they did that just to "trick" viewers into watching.. maybe.

Surely you don't want viewers to watch when you know you'll be trashed.

honeric01:

Do you know that in Kano pillars, some players are paid up to 600k monthly and are hardly owed?

You my be right there, but I've heard of some clubs that pay high salaries because they don't pay sign-on fees. What they would have paid as sign-on-fees is spread among the months and added to the basic salaries. That's why it's high. A club like Sunshine Stars was doing that when Oboabona was with them. I think they still do that now.

Then, your other points are correct.
Re: Official NPFL Thread. (nigerian Professional Football League) by robosky02(m): 9:55am On Nov 19, 2014
honeric01:

Why not worry more about Enyimba rather than Kano pillars? because we lost out in the first round last reason, its now being used to rate them? we have have been on the continent 4 times and have only lost out once in the first round in one of the four seasons. make una dey reasonable na with una "stereotype" lol cheesy

Enyimba should rep us well o.. i get am before nobi property

ok see you at the continent.

meanwhile big ups to

Shooting Stars

Ranchers Bees

wIKKI TOUrist

and Gabros of Nnewi

for gaining promotion to the

best league in africa
Re: Official NPFL Thread. (nigerian Professional Football League) by honeric01(m): 11:14am On Nov 19, 2014
robosky02:

ok see you at the continent.

meanwhile big ups to

Shooting Stars

Ranchers Bees

wIKKI TOUrist

and Gabros of Nnewi

for gaining promotion to the

best league in africa

Thanks

Too bad no Lagos club made it to the league.. Insurance of Benin also not making it.. sucks!
Re: Official NPFL Thread. (nigerian Professional Football League) by fm4real2k6(m): 12:13pm On Nov 20, 2014
::::::#SuperEaglesOuster: In the spirit of blame-game::::::::
::::::#ClubFootballSystem: MISSING LINK IN OUR SUSTANINABLE FOOTBALL GROWTH AND DEVELOPMENT::::::

For me, i'll heap my blame solely on the Nigerian Club system, as important as they should be, they are the weakest link in our football development.

Imagine we have viable clubs, it will sure reflect in our league. A coach like Mr Keshi would've been involved in local clubs and even those ''ex-internationals'' who believe they can do better than Keshi, and it would've been more easier to know their strenght and weakness.

Imagine, the kind of players we will be producing in a viable clubs, they will be tactically and technically sound, mentally strong and scientifically driven added to their natural football talent.

Presently, many people have this fear about local players and coaches, not because they are not ''ok'' , but they have been a product of a wrong club-football system.

Obviously, there is a lot to clean up, and the clubs suppose to be the starting point. The clubs made the league. A bad leagus is a function of bad clubs.

We can not have large pool of talents couple with a matching Market and yet the club system that suppose to prime and showcase these talents to the ''appreciation'' of the market is riddled with stinking-ness.

The most annoying thing is the so called ''club owners'', meetings up and down, reviewing the league as though they have anything tangible they have contributed to better their respective clubs all along
For me, i wont blame the present "super'' Eagles players, they are not more than a average and their foregn-born counterpat are not any better.

We are duty-bound to develop our football from the home front. Ensuring good football culture and application of scientific approach to football coaching and management will have greater impact if we start from the home league.

I have always believe we are closer to our eldorado, all we just need is one bold and daring move to breakthrough into it.

We need to join hands in cleaning up the rot in our club football system through the club lincencing initiative, the community ownership initiative and every other initiatives that will add value to the system.

If Nigerian telecommunication sector can be liberated, and PHCN too is going through thesame, who says our club system cant be liberated?

Recent successes in our National teams engagements had obviously down to individual or some group of people brilliance.

Sustainable development and growth is what we need, and we willl only get that if we can channel our collective energy to clean up the rottingness in our club system.
We say enough is enough.

Fapohunda Olufemi John.
Follow on twitter: IamFOJ

1 Like

Re: Official NPFL Thread. (nigerian Professional Football League) by robosky02(m): 2:16pm On Nov 20, 2014
oya lets go there..................

Join the gist for all about the

NIGERIAS FEDERATIONS CUP FINALS 2014

EYIMBA VS DOLPHINS NIGERIAS EL-CLASICO :
Click here :

https://www.nairaland.com/2003527/federation-cup-finals-eyimba-vs/1

(1) (2) (3) ... (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) ... (157) (Reply)

Are World Wrestling Entertainment Fights Real or Just Acting? / Boy Wins 43 Million Naira On Bet9ja In Benue With Just 100 Naira(sreenshots) / Rare Photo Of Emiliano Sala's Recovered Body(graphic Pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.