Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,895 members, 7,817,632 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:56 PM

Official NPFL Thread. (nigerian Professional Football League) - Sports (83) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Official NPFL Thread. (nigerian Professional Football League) (265402 Views)

Official NPFL 2014-2015 Thread. (nigerian Professional Premier League) / Official NPFL Thread. (nigerian Professional Premier League) / Official NPFL Thread. (nigerian Professional Premier League) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) ... (157) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official NPFL Thread. (nigerian Professional Football League) by awo666(m): 9:16am On Sep 09, 2015
taiocol:

WARRI WOLVES
Kano Pillars
Enyimba
Heartland and rangers
it is like this enyimba, shooting stars, rangers, heartland and kano pillars. Go and check history
Re: Official NPFL Thread. (nigerian Professional Football League) by Krasid(m): 12:18pm On Sep 09, 2015
taiocol:

WARRI WOLVES
Kano Pillars
Enyimba
Heartland and rangers
Take off Wolves and Replace with 3SC.They might not be the dominant force that they used to be, but they have history to support their course.Wolves is not a big club yet.Top 5 should be: Enyimba, Rangers, 3SC, Pillars, and Heartland.
Re: Official NPFL Thread. (nigerian Professional Football League) by TheSuperNerd(m): 3:03pm On Sep 09, 2015
Wow! An NPFL thread??!

Coooooooooooooollll! ! !
*grabs a seat* I'm all in guys.....
Nigeria all the way!!!
Re: Official NPFL Thread. (nigerian Professional Football League) by awo666(m): 3:48pm On Sep 09, 2015
Krasid:
Take off Wolves and Replace with 3SC.They might not be the dominant force that they used to be, but they have history to support their course.Wolves is not a big club yet.Top 5 should be: Enyimba, Rangers, 3SC, Pillars, and Heartland.
3sc should be even ranked second
Re: Official NPFL Thread. (nigerian Professional Football League) by awo666(m): 3:49pm On Sep 09, 2015
TheSuperNerd:
Wow! An NPFL thread??!

Coooooooooooooollll! ! !

*grabs a seat* I'm all in guys.....

Nigeria all the way!!!
which club u fey support
Re: Official NPFL Thread. (nigerian Professional Football League) by Afam4eva(m): 4:45pm On Sep 09, 2015
taiocol:

WARRI WOLVES
Kano Pillars
Enyimba
Heartland and rangers
You guys are just umbeleivable. Who knows Warri Wolves in Nigerian football. I can still understand Kano pillars owing to their success in recent times. The best Nigerian clubs ever are:

1. Enyimba / Enugu Rangers (This is debatable)
2. Heartland (Formerly Iwuanyawu)
3. 3sc Shooting Stars
4. Kano Pillars
5. Insurance

The best Nigerian clubs in the last decade are:
1. Enyimba
2. Kano Pillars
3. Enugu Rangers
Re: Official NPFL Thread. (nigerian Professional Football League) by Krasid(m): 6:18pm On Sep 09, 2015
Afam4eva:

You guys are just umbeleivable. Who knows Warri Wolves in Nigerian football. I can still understand Kano pillars owing to their success in recent times. The best Nigerian clubs ever are:

3. 3sc Shooting Stars
4. Kano Pillars
5. Insurance

1. Enyimba
2. Kano Pillars
3. Enugu Rangers
1st position is not debatable.Enyimba is the best Nigerian club ever.
Re: Official NPFL Thread. (nigerian Professional Football League) by Krasid(m): 6:19pm On Sep 09, 2015
awo666:
3sc should be even ranked second
They have been poor this last decade.They don't deserve to be ranked 2nd.
Re: Official NPFL Thread. (nigerian Professional Football League) by awo666(m): 6:35pm On Sep 09, 2015
Afam4eva:

3. 3sc Shooting Stars
4. Kano Pillars
5. Insurance

1. Enyimba
2. Kano Pillars
3. Enugu Rangers
shooting stars is second go and check record
Re: Official NPFL Thread. (nigerian Professional Football League) by awo666(m): 6:38pm On Sep 09, 2015
Krasid:
They have been poor this last decade. They don't deserve to be ranked 2nd.
history remain. D team remain d second most succesful club after only enyimba of aba
Re: Official NPFL Thread. (nigerian Professional Football League) by TheSuperNerd(m): 7:43pm On Sep 09, 2015
I'm in support of anything Nigerian Sir so I follow all the clubs but of course, my favorites are:
-ENYIMBA INT'L FC (6 times league champions, 2 time Caf champs league winners, 4 time F.A cup winners, 2 time caf super cup winners, 2 time nigerian super cup winners, 2 or 3 time npfl super 4 champs, etc).
-RANGERS INT'L OF ENUGU(5 or 6 time league champions also, one time cup winner's cup/ caf cup champs, hv won the F.A cup couple of times, etc).
-SHOOTING STARS OF IBADAN, 3SC(hv won the league about 5 or 6 times also and 1 or 2 continental titles. They're also multiple winners of the nigerian F.A cup, now federation cup).
-KANO PILLARS FC (In the past 3 seasons, they've won the league title twice. Overall, they're 4 time naija league champs).
-HEARTLAND FC, formerly Iwuanyanwu Nationale
-DOLPHINS FC
-LOBI STARS
-WARRI WOLVES
-SHARKS FC
- then the others just follow.

I admire Sunshine Stars' style of play. They're trying. But they hv a very poor away record. Their home ground is a fortress but with kano pillars' 10-12 yrs home invincibility shattered then even sunshine's ground can't be feared for long.

I MISS THE LIKES OF JULIUS BERGER FC, NPA FC, AND BCC LIONS. LIKE LEVENTIS UTD, THEY SEEM TO HV DISAPPEARED.

So that's it for now...... Cool thread Op. *smiles*

awo666:
which club u fey support
Re: Official NPFL Thread. (nigerian Professional Football League) by Afam4eva(m): 8:15pm On Sep 09, 2015
Krasid:
1st position is not debatable.Enyimba is the best Nigerian club ever.
It is debatable because Rangers and Enyimba are at par in terms of winnings in the league. Enyimba has an edge in continental championship while Rangers holds the ace in history.
Re: Official NPFL Thread. (nigerian Professional Football League) by awo666(m): 4:39am On Sep 10, 2015
TheSuperNerd:
I'm in support of anything Nigerian Sir so I follow all the clubs but of course, my favorites are:
-ENYIMBA INT'L FC (6 times league champions, 2 time Caf champs league winners, 4 time F.A cup winners, 2 time caf super cup winners, 2 time nigerian super cup winners, 2 or 3 time npfl super 4 champs, etc).
-RANGERS INT'L OF ENUGU(5 or 6 time league champions also, one time cup winner's cup/ caf cup champs, hv won the F.A cup couple of times, etc).
-SHOOTING STARS OF IBADAN, 3SC(hv won the league about 5 or 6 times also and 1 or 2 continental titles. They're also multiple winners of the nigerian F.A cup, now federation cup).
-KANO PILLARS FC (In the past 3 seasons, they've won the league title twice. Overall, they're 4 time naija league champs).
-HEARTLAND FC, formerly Iwuanyanwu Nationale
-DOLPHINS FC
-LOBI STARS
-WARRI WOLVES
-SHARKS FC
- then the others just follow.

I admire Sunshine Stars' style of play. They're trying. But they hv a very poor away record. Their home ground is a fortress but with kano pillars' 10-12 yrs home invincibility shattered then even sunshine's ground can't be feared for long.

I MISS THE LIKES OF JULIUS BERGER FC, NPA FC, AND BCC LIONS. LIKE LEVENTIS UTD, THEY SEEM TO HV DISAPPEARED.

So that's it for now...... Cool thread Op. *smiles*

nice one they say charity begins at home, the development of our league is in our hands. Am a fan of shooting stars thou the only nigeria team to hv won 3 diff continental trophies
Re: Official NPFL Thread. (nigerian Professional Football League) by awo666(m): 4:42am On Sep 10, 2015
Afam4eva:

It is debatable because Rangers and Enyimba are at par in terms of winnings in the league. Enyimba has an edge in continental championship while Rangers holds the ace in history.
enyimba is d undisputed no 1 folow by 3sc den u can now talk of rangers
Re: Official NPFL Thread. (nigerian Professional Football League) by taiocol: 7:34am On Sep 10, 2015
Krasid:

We ain't talking about history here he asked for the top clubs in Nigeria. and I gave you the list of the top teams
Re: Official NPFL Thread. (nigerian Professional Football League) by taiocol: 7:46am On Sep 10, 2015
Afam4eva:

3. 3sc Shooting Stars
4. Kano Pillars
5. Insurance

1. Enyimba
2. Kano Pillars
3. Enugu Rangers

been over 3 decade since Rangers last won a trophy.
what's insurance doing here. It's like calling N. forest ahead of Man City cause N. forest has more trophies than City
Re: Official NPFL Thread. (nigerian Professional Football League) by taiocol: 7:50am On Sep 10, 2015
most successful in the last ten decades Enyimba Dolphins Heartland Pillars
Re: Official NPFL Thread. (nigerian Professional Football League) by Afam4eva(m): 7:50am On Sep 10, 2015
taiocol:

been over 3 decade since Rangers last won a trophy.
what's insurance doing here. It's like calling N. forest ahead of Man City cause N. forest has more trophies than City
We're talking of history here. Rangers may not have any trophy in 3 decades but they've been consistent in the top flight and are the only team never to have been relegated.
Re: Official NPFL Thread. (nigerian Professional Football League) by taiocol: 8:04am On Sep 10, 2015
Afam4eva:

We're talking of history here. Rangers may not have any trophy in 3 decades but they've been consistent in the top flight and are the only team never to have been relegated.
WARRI Wolves created in 1997 (not npa) gained promotion to the league in 2001/2002 and have been in top flight football since then, been active in Caf competitions since 2008

seems you guys are not the only team not to have been relegated
Re: Official NPFL Thread. (nigerian Professional Football League) by Ajibel(m): 10:15am On Sep 10, 2015
I don't even understand the argument here.

Is it the Most successful club in Nigeria (in terms of trophies) or the Best club in Nigeria (in terms of present form) ??

Because I see someone mentioning Insurance cry

For the best ranked club in Nigeria according to statistics, visit http://footballdatabase.com/ranking/nigeria/1
Re: Official NPFL Thread. (nigerian Professional Football League) by honeric01(m): 12:59pm On Sep 10, 2015
Ajibel:
I don't even understand the argument here.

Is it the Most successful club in Nigeria (in terms of trophies) or the Best club in Nigeria (in terms of present form) ??

Because I see someone mentioning Insurance cry

For the best ranked club in Nigeria according to statistics, visit http://footballdatabase.com/ranking/nigeria/1

I think both, if its just current form, then 3SC and Rangers shouldn't be on the list.
Re: Official NPFL Thread. (nigerian Professional Football League) by Ajibel(m): 1:39pm On Sep 10, 2015
honeric01:

I think both, if its just current form, then 3SC and Rangers shouldn't be on the list.

Well, if it is both, it'll be quite tough to decide on the top ten, but what won't be undisputed is the fact that Enyimba comes top ALWAYS grin grin grin grin No matter the rank or criteria for ranking wink
Re: Official NPFL Thread. (nigerian Professional Football League) by honeric01(m): 2:24pm On Sep 10, 2015
Ajibel:

Well, if it is both, it'll be quite tough to decide on the top ten, but what won't be undisputed is the fact that Enyimba comes top ALWAYS grin grin grin grin No matter the rank or criteria for ranking wink

If its by history, current activities and achievements, Enyimba won't come tops o because alot of things come into play. its debatable sha..long story things.
Re: Official NPFL Thread. (nigerian Professional Football League) by Afam4eva(m): 2:26pm On Sep 10, 2015
Ajibel:

If it's overall, then Enyimba may just be behind Rangers. Rangers is the Real Madrid of club football in Nigeria.
Re: Official NPFL Thread. (nigerian Professional Football League) by Krasid(m): 5:35pm On Sep 10, 2015
honeric01:

If its by history, current activities and achievements, Enyimba won't come tops o because alot of things come into play. its debatable sha..long story things.
History is the only advantage a few clubs have over Enyimba.Even at that, Enyimba's dominance, achievement and consistency over the last decade makes us number 1.

1 Like

Re: Official NPFL Thread. (nigerian Professional Football League) by Krasid(m): 5:38pm On Sep 10, 2015
Afam4eva:

If it's overall, then Enyimba may just be behind Rangers. Rangers is the Real Madrid of club football in Nigeria.
How The only thing Rangers have over Enyimba is history.
Re: Official NPFL Thread. (nigerian Professional Football League) by honeric01(m): 5:40pm On Sep 10, 2015
Krasid:
History is the only advantage a few clubs have over Enyimba.Even at that, Enyimba's dominance, achievement and consistency over the last decade makes us number 1.

Talking about the last one decade 2005-2015

How's Enyimba number 1?
Re: Official NPFL Thread. (nigerian Professional Football League) by Krasid(m): 5:46pm On Sep 10, 2015
taiocol:

WARRI Wolves created in 1997 (not npa) gained promotion to the league in 2001/2002 and have been in top flight football since then, been active in Caf competitions since 2008

seems you guys are not the only team not to have been relegated
Team:Warri Woves Trophies won: 0 History: Error 404 Consistency: 60% Sorry bro, you have no case.Wolves is not a top team yet.

(1) (2) (3) ... (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) ... (157) (Reply)

Are World Wrestling Entertainment Fights Real or Just Acting? / Boy Wins 43 Million Naira On Bet9ja In Benue With Just 100 Naira(sreenshots) / Rare Photo Of Emiliano Sala's Recovered Body(graphic Pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.