Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,502 members, 7,819,826 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:25 AM

Ubuntu Wireless Card Incabability - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Ubuntu Wireless Card Incabability (2532 Views)

Using Fedora Or Ubuntu Linux / Ubuntu Linux / Using Ubuntu Linux As Internet Gateway (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ubuntu Wireless Card Incabability by yemibee(m): 11:00am On Mar 26, 2008
I just installed Ubuntu 7.10 on a Dell Inspiron 1525. It is very lovely, but i just cant get to use my Wireless Card, and so its almost useless to me without that. Any references or suggestions would really be appreciated.

Cheers
Re: Ubuntu Wireless Card Incabability by bigrovar(m): 6:37pm On Mar 26, 2008
bro i need to know the type of wireless card u use ,  before that have u checked your restricted driver manager ,  Ubuntu has a restricted Driver manager wh contains those driver in your system that are not open source and as such are disabled by default ,  but u can enable them and ubuntu would if necessary download the necessary driver needed,  to check your restricted driver ,  go to system/administration/restricted driver manager  ,  in your top- panel,  u will see all the drivers that are not open source on your system ,  to enbale them  u have to check them

look at mine u can see that i have checked my two restricted drivers which in my case are my nvidia cards and my intel wireless card

Damn! i have being banned for uploading images    undecided edit

*ok i found a way around the ban

anyway just check your restricted driver and tell me what gives,

if that doesnt help ,  tell me the type of wireless card your system is running and u can find that under System/Preference/Hardware Information scroll through to your wireless card

good luck
Re: Ubuntu Wireless Card Incabability by yemibee(m): 12:06pm On Mar 28, 2008
Hey, thanks for ur reply. There are no restricted drivers required on the system funny though it does recognise the internal bluetooth adapter.

The Wireless adapter is a Dell Wireless MiniCard 1395 WLAN Mini Card.

Thanks for the note.
Cheers
Re: Ubuntu Wireless Card Incabability by cfl5: 4:33pm On Apr 24, 2008
Hey I am having the same problem with my Inspiron-1525 laptop with the "Dell Wireless 1395 WLAN Mini-card" and I was wondering if you ever found a solution to your problem? Thanks
Re: Ubuntu Wireless Card Incabability by bigrovar(m): 6:37pm On Apr 24, 2008
well all i can do is advise u to register to the Ubuntuforums and post ur question under network/wireless http://ubuntuforums.org/forumdisplay.php?f=336 u would get help there
Re: Ubuntu Wireless Card Incabability by flyuche(m): 5:08pm On Mar 28, 2009
my starcomms sierra wireless aircard 580 worked without any stress. just inserted, was asked for my username and password. thats all!

(1) (Reply)

Going cheap now for 350k 29000w PMPO with 2300w RMS Lg Hi-fi System / Www.pendrive.com.my & Www.penskinz.com.my Arives Nigeria / Dell Inspiron 15 (3521) 15.6-inch Touchscreen Laptop

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.