Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,354 members, 7,853,562 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 07:12 PM

Is It Wong To Allow Members To Share Links On Your Site? - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Is It Wong To Allow Members To Share Links On Your Site? (474 Views)

Advice:how Do I Copy And Post Links On Nl / Code For Nigerian Map With Clickable Links On Each States On The Map / . (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Wong To Allow Members To Share Links On Your Site? by egift(m): 2:55pm On Mar 15, 2013
I need clarification guys.

If you have a website and create a section, where members can post links to useful resources and files to saw elsewhere - will you as the site owner get penalized for any information that breached legal privileges?

For instance:
On that section of your site, members can post Title, Picture, Description and links to a site xyz you can download the material.
Re: Is It Wong To Allow Members To Share Links On Your Site? by egift(m): 2:59pm On Mar 15, 2013
And if you add a disclaimer like:
MyWebSite.com does not host or upload any files or any copyrighted materials and is not responsible for the compliance, copyright, legality or any other aspect of the content of other linked sites.

Will it provide enough protection for your site?
Re: Is It Wong To Allow Members To Share Links On Your Site? by Adanyebe(m): 3:38pm On Mar 15, 2013
I DON'T UNDERSTAND WHAT YOU MEAN BY "WONG"
Re: Is It Wong To Allow Members To Share Links On Your Site? by egift(m): 3:50pm On Mar 15, 2013
Adanyebe: I DON'T UNDERSTAND WHAT YOU MEAN BY "WONG"

Like having legal problems from the original owners who may want a pound of flesh. And maybe web host.

(1) (Reply)

Calling On Bloggers For A Friendly Critique Of My Blog / How To Have Websites Built For You The Cheap Way / How To Blog Without Stress

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.