Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,291 members, 7,815,503 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:33 PM

Values-do They Still Reside Among Us? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Values-do They Still Reside Among Us? (706 Views)

Values, Morals Or Beliefs Your Parents Instilled In You? / Where Do You All Reside? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Values-do They Still Reside Among Us? by mylifeisagift(m): 4:49pm On Mar 16, 2013
"The world is going bad not because there are more bad men,but because the good ones are unwilling to act" those were the words of a great thinker..
It would be unfair to say that great men no longer reside among us for there are still people of integrity if not seeminly abundant present in our day society.Greatness consists in having an effective,unsentimental perception of reality,being able to live real and good values and always standing for what is right even when faced with horrors from a patholohical society like ours.But great things do not happen accidentally for "when preparation meets opportunity success ensues"-this mean that for change to occur even the effector needs the right acquintances,place,time and most importantly support;for nothing incredible is achieved alone.
But most times we find men of credibility,integrity and greatness but voluntarily and sometimes involuntarily choose not to acknowledge them let alone support them for so many reasons that are in themselves not just-religion,ethnicity,profession, etc.
Great societies are not great becaues they are collections of talented and principled beings with great ideas,but because they always give credibilty and competence the chance.If it cant be us,let us support it.It didnt spring up from us doesnt mean we shouldnt help it.It must not be us,our family,reiligion or tribe before we support it so far we see it good and genuine it should have our support.
It hurts sometimes because simple as it may appear we just sometimes choose not to do the right things,follow the right courses nor support the right persons.
I was siting in the common room someday in anticipation of an election that was about taking place when my ears fell unto some conversation of 4 young men sitted not too far from me.of course it was all about whom will get their votes.Suprisingly a statement from one of them gave me a state of my life-"the truth be said candidate A is the best candidate.Straightforward,intelligent and of high moral value but i'll vote for candidate C because he is just there and most importantly from the state".those were his words.....Tears filled my eyes,my heart was under arrest,my senses could be likened to that of a diabetic with neuropathy as numbness got the whole of me.,Right within their hearts they recognized the best but just wouldnt go with it,because it was not thier own,devastating but so it was..How much worse and terrifying could life get?.
Ghandi said that "error does not become truth by multiplied propagation nor does truth becomes false because it had no public support,truth in itself is self sustainable".
Wherever we found ourselves-places of work,worship,schools,social media and even in our adorable mind,let's always give greatness,credibility and competence a chance for a great mind conceive but a greater mind acknowledges..

(1) (Reply)

Did You Leave Your Hometown Because Of The "Witches Syndrom" / Have You Ever Won A Promo/draw Or Know Someone Who Has? / ASUU Strike And Its Effects On Naija Babes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.