Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,265 members, 7,818,921 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:05 AM

Must We Feast At Funerals? - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Must We Feast At Funerals? (592 Views)

Why Do We Cook And Eat At Funerals? / Why Do We Spend So Much On Funerals? / Are Expensive Funerals Necessary? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Must We Feast At Funerals? by OperaMini1(m): 9:29pm On Mar 16, 2013
Folks, I've observed with interest, this issue of eating, drinking and merry making at funerals. More interesting is the fact that this happens, despite the age of the deceased, or circumstances of death (accidents, illnesses, assassinations, etc.). I may not know if this is peculiar to my tribe, Igbo, or is the norm in every other tribe. Just today, i was at the burial of a man in his early 50's, and choice foods, drinks and music were on display. What came to my mind immediately was that the money spent on those things must have come ftom the poor widow, and the funds so wasted would have added more value to her and her children. That is why i'm now asking if we must eat and drink at burials, thanks.

(1) (Reply)

Beautiful Gowns And Attire From America!!! / The Name Deception By Colonial Missionaries / If You Support A Separate Section For Black Americans Come On In Here.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 5
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.