Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,191 members, 7,839,050 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 12:59 PM

People Mistake Me For Being: - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / People Mistake Me For Being: (1267 Views)

I Made A Horrible Mistake With My Lovely Wife / My Marriage Was A Mistake, If I Knew She Was Like That, I Won’t Have Married Her / 7 Greatest And Common Mistake To Avoid In Your Marriage{my Personal Experience} (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

People Mistake Me For Being: by SeanT21(f): 8:46pm On Mar 26, 2008
wink
Re: People Mistake Me For Being: by ominiReal: 9:07pm On Mar 26, 2008
People mistake me for being rude just because i love to voice my oppinion
!!

It all depends on how you voice ur opinion. If its done respectfully and u respect others opinion and not being rigid in ur opinions and ITK does not set in I don't see anything rude with that.
Re: People Mistake Me For Being: by SeanT21(f): 9:13pm On Mar 26, 2008
I voice my oppinion in a low tone but most people tell me that i always got something to say!!
Re: People Mistake Me For Being: by bawomolo(m): 12:39am On Mar 27, 2008
maybe u are just being bitchy. learn to keep shut from time to time.
Re: People Mistake Me For Being: by omena555(f): 9:22am On Mar 27, 2008
SeanT21:

People mistake me for being rude just because i love to voice my oppinion!!

probably, its the way u voice ur opinion. like omini said, try to be do it in a respectful manner. the tone matters too. u shdnt shout pple down while airing ur mind. also u have to respect other pple's opinions. u mustnt force ur opinion on others, just give it and leave them to make their own decisions. never get upset if ur opinion is rejected. and lastly, its not at all times that u give ur opinions. yes. there are times its better to be silent and just listen. u shd be able to study ur environment to know when to speak and when not to.
Re: People Mistake Me For Being: by Imani(f): 10:42am On Mar 27, 2008
SeanT21:

Sometimes it is not what you say but how you say it or any underlying inplications that gets on people's nerve. A word of advice, sometimes, your opinions are just that, yours, so no need to voice some of them. I am all for "free" speech but it is not really "free" if you offend others. Also, you never know what goodwill you may be missing out of just because people form a negative opinion of you based on your assertion rather than understanding where you are coming come when you state your opinions.
Re: People Mistake Me For Being: by jkpretty(f): 11:50am On Mar 27, 2008
The tone and manner at which u state your opinion matters a lot. I'm sure both would have been offensive many times, for the people to make it that obvious to u.

Now, everybody loves to state their opinion & want their voice not only heard but respected & acknowledged. But i tell u, their times u know your opinion on a particular subject will be very correct. But u may need to keep quiet & listen to others, that way u give others a chance. If u give others a chance to speak their mind u will always tap ideas from them & add to urs.

U need to listen to others & keep your opinion to yourself atimes cause if u go on like this, t even when people know u have spoken the truth, they still wouldn't take it, which is worse. Be wise! & try to be respectful even when u have to still speak ur mind.
Re: People Mistake Me For Being: by Kashif(m): 12:36pm On Mar 27, 2008
SeanT21:

SeanT21:

I voice my oppinion in a low tone but most people tell me that i always got something to say!!

You are even shouting in your posts. The problem must be coming from your tone/demeanour. Do more of listening and pause before you speak. Cheers.
Re: People Mistake Me For Being: by almondjoy(f): 2:53pm On Mar 27, 2008
SeanT21:

That is okay too!  People who love you, will always love you for whom your are.  People who hate you will continue to hate you even if you change for them. . . .all you have to be is be yourself! kiss

Now if they say your hurt their feelings. . .you make amends and re-assure them it is not personal.  If they do accept your compromise anyway. . . they are just trouble makers.  Communication is the key.

People with self confidence and exposure are usually able to decipher when one is being sarcastic from when one is being malicious. Timid villagers usually can never tell the difference since all they have ever watched in terms of educational programmes is "Super Story"!
Re: People Mistake Me For Being: by Nobody: 5:35pm On Mar 27, 2008
Welcome to the club. Wait make I bring chair for you! cheesy
Re: People Mistake Me For Being: by SeanT21(f): 7:52pm On Mar 27, 2008
Yall dont get it. if i talk really low people say that i think i am better then they are or smarter then they are.

I tried to keep quiet but i cant keep my mouth shut!!Its Hard
Sometimes i even argue with my teachers!!

I am working on it!!
Re: People Mistake Me For Being: by Nobody: 9:09pm On Mar 27, 2008
Sometimes you just have to look the other way, you know.
Re: People Mistake Me For Being: by SeanT21(f): 9:16pm On Mar 27, 2008
I know!!Thanx for the advice.
Re: People Mistake Me For Being: by nickybayo(f): 2:35pm On Aug 05, 2009
welcome to d club
Re: People Mistake Me For Being: by Ben13: 2:57pm On Aug 05, 2009
how does this affect the family section?
Re: People Mistake Me For Being: by Fhemmmy: 3:51pm On Aug 05, 2009
There are so many ways to voice opinion and yet be polite.
Re: People Mistake Me For Being: by SeanT21(f): 9:46pm On Aug 05, 2009
**This thread is old ooo** grin wink
Re: People Mistake Me For Being: by obams(f): 10:58am On Aug 06, 2009
u re trying to voice your opinion just exactly the way u feel and the way u feel may sometimes sound rude to people. if people tell u, u re rude just avoid them and their wahala afterall wetin u dey use wahala dey do, be very careful who u talk to becos people can be very diabolical atimes.

(1) (Reply)

For Those Who Love Deir Mum / Which Do You Prefer? Full Time Housewife Or Career Wife / Nanny Hunt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.