Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,122 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:37 PM

Freedom To Delete Your Account If You Wish To Leave Nairaland. - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Freedom To Delete Your Account If You Wish To Leave Nairaland. (5458 Views)

How To Delete Your Previous Post / Who And Who Will You Miss Much If They Leave Nairaland? / Please delete your posts so i can delete the thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Freedom To Delete Your Account If You Wish To Leave Nairaland. by wwwdotnscdc(m): 3:37pm On Mar 17, 2013
A lot of people have mentioned it, and I feel that Seun should make it possible for people to delete their Nairaland membership, if they wish to no longer belong to Nairaland.

If you agree with this suggestion, please like the topic.

14 Likes

Re: Freedom To Delete Your Account If You Wish To Leave Nairaland. by Seun(m): 10:34pm On Mar 17, 2013
Can you describe what will happen to your account if deleted? Will all your posts disappear or what?
Re: Freedom To Delete Your Account If You Wish To Leave Nairaland. by Nobody: 10:39pm On Mar 17, 2013
Seun: Can you describe what will happen to your account if deleted? Will all your posts disappear or what?
what happens when you deactivate your Facebook or twitter account
Re: Freedom To Delete Your Account If You Wish To Leave Nairaland. by Seun(m): 10:45pm On Mar 17, 2013
Facebook and Twitter are not Internet forums.
Re: Freedom To Delete Your Account If You Wish To Leave Nairaland. by Nobody: 10:58pm On Mar 17, 2013
^^^
But people put up posts and people comment on them on those sites too.

The question is, what happens when you deactivate your Facebook account? Do your posts and comments delete too? If yes, then so what? Is it too disastrous? Why won't you want people to delete their entire history if they so wish?
Re: Freedom To Delete Your Account If You Wish To Leave Nairaland. by Seun(m): 1:38am On Mar 19, 2013
@brokoto: The question was not addressed to you. When the OP answers my question, I will share my thoughts on the matter.

1 Like

Re: Freedom To Delete Your Account If You Wish To Leave Nairaland. by adewasco2k(m): 8:57am On Mar 19, 2013
My oga at the top seun this is my suggestion on the issue, if you agree with what they are requesting then you do this, create an option where a user can deactivate their account; the name gets wiped off while their posts remain but name of the author replaced by something else like [deleted]
so we get something like this:

DELETED :
@brokoto: The question was not addressed to you. When the OP answers my question, I will share my thoughts on the matter.

because if you delete the post to, then a whole lot of threads will be messed up

1 Like

Re: Freedom To Delete Your Account If You Wish To Leave Nairaland. by Nobody: 10:00am On Mar 19, 2013
Seun: @brokoto: The question was not addressed to you. When the OP answers my question, I will share my thoughts on the matter.
the OP is saying the mind of most people on this forum, me being one of them. Using the excuse of 'e no concern you' is laughable really.
Share your thoughts on the matter. We are interested in knowing, not just the OP.

(1)

/ New Telegram Group And Channel. / Platinumnk

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.