Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,007 members, 7,825,120 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 07:24 AM

My Samsung Galaxy SII Is Downloading Something Facebook For 3 Days Now. - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / My Samsung Galaxy SII Is Downloading Something Facebook For 3 Days Now. (1857 Views)

Samsung Galaxy Sii / Upgrading My Samsung Galaxy SII From Gingerbread To ICS / Brand New Samsung Galaxy Sii For Sale! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Samsung Galaxy SII Is Downloading Something Facebook For 3 Days Now. by adanny01(m): 5:23pm On Mar 17, 2013
Am so confused and couldnt get this download to stop.

It just appeared from no where downloading 'facebook (build 132866)'. Although no data is consumed and continues even when i turn off data network.

I hate looking at it and cant make it disappear.

I scanned the phone for virus many times with avast and later removed it and installed avg but its still there.

I uninstalled my facebook app but it never stopped. I downloaded facebook again with no interruptions. Only that the download speed seemed slow.

Any suggestions on how to get it out?

Re: My Samsung Galaxy SII Is Downloading Something Facebook For 3 Days Now. by jesbu(m): 6:29pm On Mar 17, 2013
May be u install costom rom that is not for ur phone.if so hold the facebook. While is downloading go to detail force close os uninstall it is stop.
Re: My Samsung Galaxy SII Is Downloading Something Facebook For 3 Days Now. by adanny01(m): 7:00pm On Mar 17, 2013
Infact, on the day it started i did no installations nor any major change to the phone. Non of my apps is on auto update. I had to uninstall facebook and later reinstall but it never stopped. i Checked my task and nothing strange found.
Re: My Samsung Galaxy SII Is Downloading Something Facebook For 3 Days Now. by honsule(m): 1:45am On Mar 18, 2013
My guy it happened to me too.In fact,some say they have to format their galaxy bcoz of this.But in your own case just like mine,this is the SOLUTION:

go to settings>applications manager>.then switch to the "all" tab. find "Download Manager" and force stop it.Cheers.Give me feedback

--Hon.Sule Esq---
Re: My Samsung Galaxy SII Is Downloading Something Facebook For 3 Days Now. by 4llerbuntu(m): 8:11am On Mar 18, 2013
its facebook trying to push an update outside of the android market.

only problem is the update only works when you are on WIFI.

dont understand why facebook gets so dastardly but thats what is going on.

dont kill your phone o
Re: My Samsung Galaxy SII Is Downloading Something Facebook For 3 Days Now. by adanny01(m): 8:25am On Mar 18, 2013
Thank you Hon Sule.

I did just as u directed. At 1st i felt relieved when i saw it go away. I wanted to see if the solution was permanent so i restarted the phone but the thing came back.

So, instead of force closing the download app i went to the app window and there it was. I just hit cancel and that was it.
Re: My Samsung Galaxy SII Is Downloading Something Facebook For 3 Days Now. by firetrap(m): 8:39am On Mar 18, 2013
the Facebook for android app is a consumer of ram and bandwidth, I'll advice u to either freeze it using titanium backup or delete it totally and go to the site via web browser and if u want to chat use the dedicated messenger app available on the play store
Re: My Samsung Galaxy SII Is Downloading Something Facebook For 3 Days Now. by viruz007(m): 1:58pm On Mar 18, 2013
From your drop down notification, hold on the facebook update until app info shows then you force stop... Shikena
Re: My Samsung Galaxy SII Is Downloading Something Facebook For 3 Days Now. by Mustay(m): 2:05pm On Mar 19, 2013
Disable your apps from auto_updating.
Re: My Samsung Galaxy SII Is Downloading Something Facebook For 3 Days Now. by honsule(m): 3:37pm On Mar 20, 2013
adanny01: Thank you Hon Sule.

I did just as u directed. At 1st i felt relieved when i saw it go away. I wanted to see if the solution was permanent so i restarted the phone but the thing came back.

So, instead of force closing the download app i went to the app window and there it was. I just hit cancel and that was it.

AM GLAD YOU HAVE FIXED IT.ENJOY YOUR FONE

1 Like

Re: My Samsung Galaxy SII Is Downloading Something Facebook For 3 Days Now. by ibietela2(m): 10:57pm On Mar 20, 2013
i thought i was the only one seen this strange guy
Re: My Samsung Galaxy SII Is Downloading Something Facebook For 3 Days Now. by abrahym(m): 12:32pm On Mar 21, 2013
Mustay: Disable your apps from auto_updating.
how do you do that

(1) (Reply)

Iphone 6 Prototypes / Please Help, My Phone Shuts Down After Rooting It. With Kingroot / My Lg G2 Phone Screen Flickers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.