Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,138 members, 7,814,989 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:54 AM

Federal Government Import Prohibition List - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Federal Government Import Prohibition List (23620 Views)

BDC Operators Import Dollars From Ghana, Benin Rep, Others / Ghana Vs Nigeria (import Prohibition Lists!) / Please Kindly Send Me A Comprehensive And Updated Import Prohibition List. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Federal Government Import Prohibition List by sunnyolads1(m): 2:16pm On Mar 18, 2013
sheyie2007: Car nko? Make them help my bros for nnewi na! Innoson
Govt did not ban car o,what they are saying is that if it is more than fifteen 15 years of manufacturing should not allow into the country.I am a Clearing Agent at Tincan Port,Apapa.We call those old age vehicles -under-aged vehicles..And let's consider it by ourselves,a car that is more 15 years is not normal to be in our roads.Even the tyre would have expired yet some will still drive such vehicle on high speed claiming Tokunbo then leads to a crash..

1 Like

Re: Federal Government Import Prohibition List by hbrednic: 2:31pm On Mar 18, 2013
CASSAVA BREAD SHOULD BE ON THAT LIST
Re: Federal Government Import Prohibition List by Nobody: 2:41pm On Mar 18, 2013
Lakayana: I saw cocoa butter on the list I beg is it the same cocoa butter cream we apply on our bodies or there is another type for I have been using Palmers cocoa butter for God knows how long. Please I don't want to use any nonsense on my smooth beautiful delicate skin.

LOOL
Re: Federal Government Import Prohibition List by Nobody: 2:44pm On Mar 18, 2013
The Nigerian Customs Service needs to make it succinctly clear that non-commercial quantities of some items on that list are allowed.
This is an important point, I think, given the ambiguity which allows genuine travelers to be exploited by corrupt officials at our ports.

Paracetamol Tablets and Syrups
Cotrimoxazole Tablets Syrups
Chloroquine Tablets and Syrups
Haematinic Formulations; Ferrous Sulphate and Ferrous Gluconate Tablets, Folic Acid Tablets, Vitamine B Complex Tablet [except modified released formulations].
Multivitamin Tablets, capsules and Syrups [except special formulations].
Aspirin Tablets [except modified released formulation and soluble aspirin].
Magnesium trisilicate tablets and suspensions.
Piperazine tablets and Syrups
Levamisole Tablets and Syrups
Clotrimazole Cream
Ointments – Penecilin/Gentamycin
Pyrantel Pamoate tablets and Syrups
Intravenous Fluids [Dextrose, Normal Saline, etc.]
Re: Federal Government Import Prohibition List by nebeolis: 2:51pm On Mar 18, 2013
they should inform all the trader's and give them maximum six months so that they will take action
Re: Federal Government Import Prohibition List by Aphrygian(m): 2:51pm On Mar 18, 2013
Ist time of seeing a thread that SINCERE9GERIAN will not comment on.I read through to d 4th page but I couldn't see his contribution.oga jona really dissapointed on dis alams pardon gan ni ooo.mods and seun the oga at d top am so sowi for derailing dis thread
Re: Federal Government Import Prohibition List by feminineA: 2:57pm On Mar 18, 2013
Your federal government is such on her own. I sell clothes and am not ready to stop!! That's the way I earn my living for now. So far my goods are or can be cargoed from the uk and smuggled in the FG should sit somewhere. They ban all form of fabric but left out lace while cause that's what they wear for owanbes
Re: Federal Government Import Prohibition List by notindome(m): 2:58pm On Mar 18, 2013
unforgiven: maybe we will call it
Nigerian Custom service enrichment list

gbam. u too get sense. make we say NCS STAFF enrichment list cos the money no dey enta govt purse.
Re: Federal Government Import Prohibition List by Kk4(m): 3:00pm On Mar 18, 2013
Our production capacity never cover that one. Calm down
Re: Federal Government Import Prohibition List by nebeolis: 3:01pm On Mar 18, 2013
our govment are not serius they should stop all the chinese and indian lebanes too and ban them doing trading in nigeria afterall what they sign to do in nigeria is to invest in area of building road's houses, industries and other contracts by the fedral goverment and not trading they should send them back to there country
Re: Federal Government Import Prohibition List by tashanja(m): 3:02pm On Mar 18, 2013
Used compressors! Na wa O, with this our bad electricity wey dey spoil fridges and A/Cs any how, soon the cost repairing these items will skyrocket and out of reach of many pockets. cry
Re: Federal Government Import Prohibition List by Capnd143(m): 3:04pm On Mar 18, 2013
my own is . .build refinery and ban importation of refined crude oil, empower local weapon manufacturers and ban importation of guns, empower innoson and otherz and ban importation of cars, make technology transfer deals and ban importation of some electronics! Then wait and see how industralized our fatherland will become! Ok, for e.g the ban on spageti and noodules is giving Mr.ALIKO DANGOTE an upper hand, meaning he will have less competitors in the market for feeding 170 million people with noodules!

2 Likes

Re: Federal Government Import Prohibition List by chucky234(m): 3:04pm On Mar 18, 2013
Sure say you no need welder goggles,too Ijebu garri don dey affect your eyes and brain
Re: Federal Government Import Prohibition List by Nobody: 3:13pm On Mar 18, 2013
u try well well, he should compete or die out.
Re: Federal Government Import Prohibition List by r231(m): 3:14pm On Mar 18, 2013
Sisi_Kill: A better title would have been - List of Goods that will incur increase in Customs Bribe Rates.

Gbam!!!

thats all....Agent rates and customs will go up

furnitures and carpets are contraband and people still import them but the duties are a bit high so no shaking grin grin

1 Like

Re: Federal Government Import Prohibition List by chucky234(m): 3:15pm On Mar 18, 2013
Why in the world would anyone ban the importation of recharge card,that's the easiest thing to smuggle for crying out loud,all you need do is receives the PINs in your email and have them printed out.

1 Like

Re: Federal Government Import Prohibition List by Nobody: 3:19pm On Mar 18, 2013
Ban tonto dikeh angry
Re: Federal Government Import Prohibition List by MRMICKMEN: 3:21pm On Mar 18, 2013
Is this info from the TOP? hope you are not posting this and later he will re post? we dont want multiple post
Re: Federal Government Import Prohibition List by Nobody: 3:31pm On Mar 18, 2013
@Op,did i see shoes and bags? Aba guys don hammer the more.

dont worry, by the time i get to the top level in government, I know exactly what to do.
Re: Federal Government Import Prohibition List by mavtrevor(m): 3:35pm On Mar 18, 2013
More opportunities for smugglers....
Re: Federal Government Import Prohibition List by taharqa: 3:42pm On Mar 18, 2013
chucky234: Why in the world would anyone ban recharge card,that's the easiest thing to smuggle for crying out loud,all you need do is receives the PINs in your email and have them printed out.
LOL
Re: Federal Government Import Prohibition List by sayso: 4:01pm On Mar 18, 2013
Lakayana: I saw cocoa butter on the list I beg is it the same cocoa butter cream we apply on our bodies or there is another type for I have been using Palmers cocoa butter for God knows how long. Please I don't want to use any nonsense on my smooth beautiful delicate skin.

That will fade out soon.Datz all
Re: Federal Government Import Prohibition List by COOLDUN: 4:07pm On Mar 18, 2013
I just managed to finish reading this news because i was trying to see where the importation ban on the REFINED FUEL and GENERATOR SETS but did not find it. Why? are they made in Nigeria or what? fooolish government with foolish laws.Government that ban what they don't produce and import what they can produce.

2 Likes

Re: Federal Government Import Prohibition List by econome(m): 4:09pm On Mar 18, 2013
BUT NA OGA AT THE TOP WIVIES DEH IMPORT THEM
Re: Federal Government Import Prohibition List by chemashie(m): 4:13pm On Mar 18, 2013
So people still take this FG serious? The lists have been there before I started importation biz and will continue to be here for a long time. MOD, plz send this to joke section.

1 Like

Re: Federal Government Import Prohibition List by mejai(m): 4:23pm On Mar 18, 2013
Condoms nko grin
Re: Federal Government Import Prohibition List by tunapawizzy: 4:24pm On Mar 18, 2013
Would u trade d economic growth of ur dear Nigeria for a smooth beautiful delicate skin that will still sag with age no matter how hard u try?
Re: Federal Government Import Prohibition List by Jobig(m): 4:38pm On Mar 18, 2013
any question is refeers to ,Oga on Top.
Re: Federal Government Import Prohibition List by talk2s(m): 4:44pm On Mar 18, 2013
Verbes: FG is trying to promote local contents. I think that is commendable.

Verbes, it's not as if others who have posted different irrelevant posts on this thread do not know that the essence of the ban is to promote local content. They have made a covenant with God-knows-what to never see the positive aspect of GEJ administration.
You tend to be the first and only person that have sounded sensible. It should not be so. I have said:
Let me use this time to state emphatically that you guys that are calling Mr. President names are doing yourselves, Nigerians and our children, yet unborn more harm than good.
Ignorant of this fact is never an excuse.
The earlier all of you that indulge in this act realize that President Goodluck Ebele Johnathan is (at present) in charge of the political, economic, and social wellbeing of Nigerians,by virtue of the office he occupies, and desist from calling him names which are capable of negatively imparting on his policies and programmes - because words are spirit, they create the future- the better this country will be good for us all.
Proverbs 6:2 "Thou are snared with the words of thy mouth..." (KJV).
A WORD IS ENOUGH FOR THE WISE.
Re: Federal Government Import Prohibition List by slimfit1(m): 4:50pm On Mar 18, 2013
Hope they banned tooth pick too, that's very disgraceful for Nigeria to be importing that is just crazy.
Re: Federal Government Import Prohibition List by jpphilips(m): 4:53pm On Mar 18, 2013
lacasa: which one of those items on that list no dey Market undecided

#... The customs peole collect Bribes and these goods r even more than the locally made versions in the markets.

Story! Story!!

Re: Federal Government Import Prohibition List by jpphilips(m): 4:54pm On Mar 18, 2013
lacasa: which one of those items on that list no dey Market undecided

#... The customs peole collect Bribes and these goods r even more than the locally made versions in the markets.

Story! Story!!

I almost asked where Novena, bed mate and other big furniture retailers get their Italian goods from

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Banker Stole N24m From Customers' Accounts (Ondo) / COVID-19: Withdraw Old Naira Notes From Circulation, Group Tells CBN / 6 Bitter Truths No One Ever Told You About Being A Small Business Owner

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.