Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,964 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:34 AM

Federal Government Import Prohibition List - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Federal Government Import Prohibition List (23619 Views)

BDC Operators Import Dollars From Ghana, Benin Rep, Others / Ghana Vs Nigeria (import Prohibition Lists!) / Please Kindly Send Me A Comprehensive And Updated Import Prohibition List. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Federal Government Import Prohibition List by Novice1(m): 5:12pm On Mar 18, 2013
Sisi_Kill: A better title would have been - List of Goods that will incur increase in Customs Bribe Rates.

Haha. Tru to that.
Re: Federal Government Import Prohibition List by a1solution: 5:18pm On Mar 18, 2013
prohibited goods may still find their way into Nigerian market if not properly monitored.
Re: Federal Government Import Prohibition List by COOLDUN: 5:42pm On Mar 18, 2013
talk2s:

Verbes, it's not as if others who have posted different irrelevant posts on this thread do not know that the essence of the ban is to promote local content. They have made a covenant with God-knows-what to never see the positive aspect of GEJ administration.
You tend to be the first and only person that have sounded sensible. It should not be so. I have said:
Let me use this time to state emphatically that you guys that are calling Mr. President names are doing yourselves, Nigerians and our children, yet unborn more harm than good.
Ignorant of this fact is never an excuse.
The earlier all of you that indulge in this act realize that President Goodluck Ebele Johnathan is (at present) in charge of the political, economic, and social wellbeing of Nigerians,by virtue of the office he occupies, and desist from calling him names which are capable of negatively imparting on his policies and programmes - because words are spirit, they create the future- the better this country will be good for us all.
Proverbs 6:2 "Thou are snared with the words of thy mouth..." (KJV).
A WORD IS ENOUGH FOR THE WISE.

MR,MRS,or MISS ECONOMIST , we have heard you. Yes it is for promotion of the local manufacturers and companies , but how many of these companies are functioning well in Nigeria? how many of the politicians patronize the made in Nigeria goods? how many of them are treated in our local hospitals? how many of them invested their looted funds in Nigeria? in Nigeria only one man has the monopoly of producing almost all the essential commodities, let the politicians allow us to check on their properties to see how they are doing what they are preaching to the Nigerians.

How can a man who have never tasted Abakaliki Rice, will be bragging of patronizing home made goods, their furniture are imported, wears,and even flowers in their homes are all imported, but they are shouting ban,ban,ban as if it is only the problem of the country.

I am not against the ban of foreign goods mostly the ones we produce locally, but my concern is we should ban the importation of REFINED FUEL, and GENERATOR SETS because it is hindering the local productions too much. We can't generate our own light if we continue to import generators from overseas. Again the Generators sets are not the best of qualities . We should stop importing a Refined Fuel because we have them locally, and it hinders our chances of producing fuel locally. As an OPEC member nation it is very shameful that we are Importing a refined fuel while others are exporting it.

Fuel is the main base of our national economy, if we are importing fuel into the country, which means that we are as well importing our economy from the foreign countries. Lack of electricity will never let our local companies to grow, no matter how we ban every commodity. From OBJ regime all these banned items has been there. Not only in this regime they were banned.
Re: Federal Government Import Prohibition List by austinebode: 5:52pm On Mar 18, 2013
What about the importation of refined crude oil?
Madness.
Re: Federal Government Import Prohibition List by j4jj: 7:25pm On Mar 18, 2013
Yay!!! Chineke God! My Container?
Re: Federal Government Import Prohibition List by LushGreenz: 7:49pm On Mar 18, 2013
victorazy: 3rd to vote! grin grin dancing Azonto
Oya these ppl shld folo me:
(1) sheyie2007
(2) mikexavo
(3) Lacasa

Ol' boy pardon my dumbness oo. But how you manage know the peeps wey go follow you?
Re: Federal Government Import Prohibition List by Dee60: 8:02pm On Mar 18, 2013
Nothing new.
Re: Federal Government Import Prohibition List by Dee60: 8:03pm On Mar 18, 2013
austinebode: What about the importation of refined crude oil?
Madness.

Total lack of vision and direction.
Re: Federal Government Import Prohibition List by infolpf: 10:16pm On Mar 18, 2013
The list is easy to remember - any business Alhaji Aliko Dangote is involved in is on this list - juice, bagged cement, noodles etc! How dare you compete against Oga? You can't fit! SMH.

1 Like

Re: Federal Government Import Prohibition List by Nobody: 10:53pm On Mar 18, 2013
info@lpf:
The list is easy to remember - any business Alhaji Aliko Dangote is involved in is on this list - juice, bagged cement, noodles etc! How dare you compete against Oga? You can't fit! SMH.
Dont mind dem. And they had already frustrated all the other indigenous producers of those tnzz for dangote alone.
Nigerian made Conduit electrical wires are actually better and more durable dan foreign ones but because the manufacturers are not dangote, no monopoly.
Am not against indigenisation but d way it favours only certain ppl......................
Re: Federal Government Import Prohibition List by eunisam: 10:56pm On Mar 18, 2013
what about importing aircrash? I mean aircraft! Use helicopta n aeroplane? Policies are made for the poor.
Re: Federal Government Import Prohibition List by blackbeau1(f): 8:23am On Mar 19, 2013
Pls can we stop impoting champagne? I bet life wld b much easier for young guys
Re: Federal Government Import Prohibition List by thaira(f): 9:29am On Mar 19, 2013
I assume this is FG's idea of a joke. Prohibition ko, these products and more are sold in the open market.
Re: Federal Government Import Prohibition List by Rexyl(m): 2:43pm On Oct 23, 2013
... but some of these items are still being imported.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

3 Online Business That Can Boost Your Monthly Income / Banker Stole N24m From Customers' Accounts (Ondo) / COVID-19: Withdraw Old Naira Notes From Circulation, Group Tells CBN

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.