Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,571 members, 7,958,766 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 11:07 PM

Mistaken Identity- Police Kill Trader During Operation - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Mistaken Identity- Police Kill Trader During Operation (574 Views)

So Sad: Naval Officer Mistaken For A Robber Gets Lynched In Abuja (photos) / Operation No To Househelps 2014 / He Reveals His True Identity And Wants A Divorce (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mistaken Identity- Police Kill Trader During Operation by Bamstand(m): 5:41am On Mar 18, 2013
Policemen attached to the Federal Special Anti-Robbery Squad have been accused of killing a 46-year-old petty trader in Ijaye-Ojokoro, Lagos State.
PUNCH Metro learnt that the deceased, Eze Okoro, was killed last Friday while the policemen were on an anti-robbery operation.
The deceased’s wife ,Ugonna, alleged that the policemen snuffed out the life of Eze few metres from his residence at 1 Oguntolu Street, Ijaiye-Ojokoro.
Ugonna said her husband of over 15 years had just finished eating and had gone to relax with a neighbour, Chinedu Nnwanu, and his pregnant wife, Nneka as he usually did when there was power outage at night.
She said, “My husband had just finished having dinner and he stepped outside to see our neighbours who live opposite our house. They usually relax outside whenever there is power outage.
“A few minutes before 11pm, we heard sporadic gunshots and out of panic, I held unto my seven-year-old son and ran for cover. Few minutes later when the shooting abated, I tried to reach my husband on his mobile phone but he was not picking it up.”
Ugonna said at that point she started to imagine that something was amiss.
“I summoned courage and stepped out of the compound and immediately noticed that my husband and his friends were not at the spot. I started yelling out my husband’s name but there was no answer,” she said.
She said after some time, some neighbours informed her that from their windows, they observed some policemen carrying a man whom they suspected was lifeless into their vehicle.
In a state of confusion, she was able to pull a call through to some of her siblings and that of her husband who immediately formed a search party for their relation and the policemen who were alleged to have taken away the body
She said they visited the
http://news.naijatrends.com/page_detail-title-mistaken-identity-police-kill-trader-during-operation-njd-3419

Re: Mistaken Identity- Police Kill Trader During Operation by BabaOyo(m): 5:54am On Mar 18, 2013
Another case of police killings!!
I wonder what kind of spirit abides with these guys!!
Hmmm....anyway, that's why you hardly see anyone pity a Nigerian police man when they get killed by robbers or otherwise!!
And for them to really think life is so worthless....even if its an armed robber....our policemen rarely attempt to capture a robber...armed or unarmed alive!!!
My conclusion.......God is not a God of injustice!!!
To all my police men & women out there....food for thought....have you ever wondered why most of you don't live long? Why most of you end up in miserable circumstances? Why most of your children never live a meaningful life? The answer is there in your heart!!
A se pamo lo wa....ase gbe kankan osi o!!!
Re: Mistaken Identity- Police Kill Trader During Operation by OgaTheTop2: 6:04am On Mar 18, 2013
Police brutality!... When would Nigerian police ever be professional in their 'module operandi'? Killing innocent and defenseless people like that!...
Re: Mistaken Identity- Police Kill Trader During Operation by andyanders: 8:51am On Mar 18, 2013
The next story from the police will be that he was an armed robber and they killed him during operation and they can even bring a gun to display. No policeman will enter heaven. Their reward is bribe and only here on earth.
Re: Mistaken Identity- Police Kill Trader During Operation by Nobody: 9:27am On Mar 20, 2013
Smh this is just so sad.tufiaaaa

(1) (Reply)

Marriage,divorce&remarriage. / Married At 13, Now 20, Seeks Divorce, Husband Demands N300k / Land Tussle Leading To Death

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.